• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I shall do this. For science.

Well, buns. It looks like there was a slight difference in the timing of the shot so it's not perfectly identical so I can't test if there's a difference. I'll try and find a game that I can do it with and post some results back to see.

Spazznid

Well, buns. It looks like there was a slight difference in the timing of the shot so it's not perfectly identical so I can't test if there's a difference. I'll try and find a game that I can do it with and post some results back to see.

lol, the timing is the most annoying part, though. If you can't properly time it, then how can you expect to get that specific shot during a high-speed game?

Other than that, the difference barely seems to matter, or there might not even be one that matters.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Steam implemented a "lossless" PNG mode into its in game screenshot functionality.

But truly, how lossless is it? Let's find out.

Here is a PNG image taken with Fraps.

Fraps said:
fraps_identical_by_alo81-d69ybgy.png

Now here is the exact same image, taken with Steam's lossless PNG screenshot functionality.

Steam said:

Look closely. Can you see any difference?

Now look closer. Anything?

Wait! Look a little closer... aha!

There's no difference.

Want the proof?

I overlayed the Steam screenshot on top of the Fraps screenshot in Photoshop and set it to show the difference. The closer to black an image is, the closer it is to being identical.

Here are the results.

Difference said:

Perfectly identical. No difference.

So, Steam screenshot is always a perfect alternative to Fraps yes?​

No!

When is it not?​

When using injectors!

Now comes the proof.

I used SweetFx to alter the visuals of the game in progress by adding a sepia filter and took screenshots.

Here is the Steam screenshot.

Steam said:

Here is the Fraps screenshot.

Fraps said:

Checking if there's a difference in Photoshop isn't needed for this example. There's very clearly a visual difference.

If you're curious what the difference would look like however, here it is.

So what can you take from this?​

Steam screenshots do not capture the effects of injectors like SweetFx, SMAA Injectors, or presumably anything that alters visuals in the same way. So in cases where those are utilized, use Fraps or an alternative which captures the effects of the injector.

Science!

Anyway, One3rd, can you go back to your post and at the beginning quote my and antritrop's first two? I tried combining them all myself, but doing so would lose your quoted images (you can't quote-ception!).

Technically tis also the rules :p

One3rd

Science!

Anyway, One3rd, can you go back to your post and at the beginning quote my and antritrop's first two? I tried combining them all myself, but doing so would lose your quoted images (you can't quote-ception!).

Technically tis also the rules :p

Will do.

EDIT: Sorry about not doing this the first time, I didn't realize about quoting previous posts, makes sense though as you only need to link to one in the OP. I changed the Chivalry post; added in the two previous posts, added some addition info about togglehud, and cleaned up my post by removing the redundant solution. Let me know if anything else needs to be changed.

One3rd

"Pain" Vignette
Found one thing to be aware of when taking tiledshots in a game that you are playing and not spectating. There is a dark red "pain" vignette border that shows up when you get hit and sticks around until you've recovered almost all your health.

Original shot with Fraps showing the pain vignette.

Tiledshot after taking damage. Notice the pain vignette around each tile.

So, if you are not in spectator mode and want to take tiledshots, make sure that you don't get hit...or at least wait until you've healed up and the pain vignette has been removed from the screen before taking tiled shots.

Remove Weapon From View
This has already been posted by others but is worth mentioning again. Another tip for first person view is that you can use the "weapon swap" trick to remove the weapon from view to take a clean shot if you time it right.

EDIT: Added the above to my original Chivalry post.

"Pain" Vignette
Found one thing to be aware of when taking tiledshots in a game that you are playing and not spectating. There is a dark red "pain" vignette border that shows up when you get hit and sticks around until you've recovered almost all your health.

Original shot with Fraps showing the pain vignette.

Tiledshot after taking damage. Notice the pain vignette around each tile.

So, if you are not in spectator mode and want to take tiledshots, make sure that you don't get hit...or at least wait until you've healed up and the pain vignette has been removed from the screen before taking tiled shots.

Remove Weapon From View
This has already been posted by others but is worth mentioning again. Another tip for first person view is that you can use the "weapon swap" trick to remove the weapon from view to take a clean shot if you time it right.

EDIT: Added the above to my original Chivalry post.

It'd be nice to be able to remove it. And i remember the first time I had a first person decapitation, and the world spun. It was a surprisingly visceral experience. The whole game was startling brutal in the beginning haha...

Hey guys, I'm gonna get a little fancy here.

I wanted to try to spark a bit of discussion on the finer parts of taking screenshots. Yeah, its being a bit overly serious, but hey, there are some really damn impressively beautiful shots out there, and if you'd like to consider things more carefully, why not?

To me, the most key part of screenshots, based on the limited tools compared to real life photography, is the composition, the framing. I wanted to take some time to write up a few traditional techniques etc. but A. I don't feel entitled to be so preachy, and B. I remembered this guy:

Adam Marelli

That link is to his posts on great compositions, and they are all excellent reads. Really edifying stuff, and hugely applicable for what we're doing. There's about 10, but I highly recommend them.

My favorite post from those, is this post about Caravaggio's works. From the top of my head, it is the most pertinent to taking screenshots. I haven't read all of them though.

Later today I'll try to put together a similar dissection of two screenshots, to try actually discuss something, but for now, having re-found that resource, I wanted to share with everyone.

One3rd

It'd be nice to be able to remove it. And i remember the first time I had a first person decapitation, and the world spun. It was a surprisingly visceral experience. The whole game was startling brutal in the beginning haha...

It looks to be the same as the normal vignette but is toggled on when damaged. There must be a cvar (is that the correct term for UDK?) that allows for it to be disabled or suppressed but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Definitely brutal. I still find myself cringing when seeing, and then hearing, some of the dying screams...especially the fire deaths.

My favorite post from those, is this post about Caravaggio's works.

An interesting read.

Sethos

Banned
Hmm, does anyone know how to make Skyrim run 4k?

When googling, I'm reading articles about the game running on 4k TVs and I've even seen benchmarks from 4k resolutions but the game won't find my resolution nor does it working setting it in the SkyrimPref.ini

I don't think you need to do anything special. I never had an issue getting it to run at 4K.

Might be 16:10 is another story. *shrug*

Sethos

Banned
I don't think you need to do anything special. I never had an issue getting it to run at 4K.

Might be 16:10 is another story. *shrug*

Already tried in a 16:9 resolution but it only shows 2560x1600 ( 1440 at 16:9 ) in options and it'll revert to that if I change it manually in SkyrimPref.

One3rd

Dead Space 3 resizes the window for me, HOWEVER take a screenshot anyways and look at the resolution of that screenshot. It should still be the res you set in the INI file.

The only problem I had was that the window would rever to a 16:9 aspect ratio which would be stretched. Easy to fix that with SRWE though.

I'm trying to get DS1 on steam but it's not working. Store is down. Maybe i'll try Origin... heh.

Should probably talk about this stuff over here :)
Good point, I've moved it over to this thread. The screenshots I was taking were ending up at a few pixels less than 1920x1080 which I assume is the actual window size inside the border. I will play with this a bit though and see what comes out.

What i did was change the resolution in the settings.txt and make sure you changed the Window.Fullscreen = false.

This game's custom window resolution is veeeery weird , it seems that it doesn't matter what resolution i put in the ini file but the desktop resolution the game runs , so to be able to run at that resolution (5120x2160) i had to use both monitors one at 2160p and the other 1440p in portrait mode so the game finally uses 5120x2160 o_o . I could not find any other way to use higher resolutions. You can try and use your max resolution for your desktop and then launch the game with your custom resolution you put in the setting.ini file and see if it works. For the sweetFX i don't have standard settings for the game , i change them a lot depending on the scene but you can try increase the gamma/highlights a bit and apply little contrast.Gaussian Blur is also a nice shader to use
I'm having exactly the same problem with the custom resolution. From what you describe it looks like the game uses the current desktop resolution to determine the maximum that it can render. Forcing the desktop resolution to be ginormous by using multiple displays with one being in portrait is very clever. I think that may be a way of forcing it to use higher resolutions...and probably not for just this game as well. It's a bit late for me but I'll give this a try tomorrow with a two monitors and see how I go.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

There are a few games where I had to set my desktop resolutions to 1620x2880 and 3840x2160 in order to get the window to fit (I also have 2 monitors). Then I used SRWE to shrink the window down, and then set my desktop resolution back to normal.

Sadly, some games only recognize 1 monitor, and won't let the window stretch beyond the first. Makes it impossible to go beyond 3840x2160 sometimes... but that's probably not the case with Dead Space.

I always use 3840x2160 for my desktop res when using SRWE though. The resizing looks better if it only has to resize down to 3840x1620 (my usual res) rather than 1920x810. Its resizing method isn't all that great.

One3rd

There are a few games where I had to set my desktop resolutions to 1620x2880 and 3840x2160 in order to get the window to fit (I also have 2 monitors). Then I used SRWE to shrink the window down, and then set my desktop resolution back to normal.

Sadly, some games only recognize 1 monitor, and won't let the window stretch beyond the first. Makes it impossible to go beyond 3840x2160 sometimes... but that's probably not the case with Dead Space.

I always use 3840x2160 for my desktop res when using SRWE though. The resizing looks better if it only has to resize down to 3840x1620 (my usual res) rather than 1920x810. Its resizing method isn't all that great.

Well that worked better than I imagined. I was able to get not only the 3200x1800 res that I couldn't before setting up the second monitor, but I was able to push it to 3840x2160 which I have never been able to do before. I'm surprised that even on my 560Ti I'm able to run a 4k resolution at greater than 60FPS. Now I'll need to see if I can add some AA and maybe put some AO back on.

This really opens up the possibilities a lot more, why have I not been using this SRWE till now!

This really opens up the possibilities a lot more, why have I not been using this SRWE till now!

Why do you think my new favorite resolution is 5120x2160? I was playin Dead Space 2 at 5500x2320. I could probably take Dead Space 1 even higher O_O

Just sucks that it's pretty limited in what games you can use it for.

Stein3x

Well that worked better than I imagined. I was able to get not only the 3200x1800 res that I couldn't before setting up the second monitor, but I was able to push it to 3840x2160 which I have never been able to do before. I'm surprised that even on my 560Ti I'm able to run a 4k resolution at greater than 60FPS. Now I'll need to see if I can add some AA and maybe put some AO back on.

That's great! From my experience you can easily play DS1 at 4K with SSAO at performance/quality and use SweetFX SMAA , though i find FXAA to be better in this game

Thorgal

Anybody knows how to remove the hud from Borderlands ?

using this bind doesn't seem to work.

Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="togglehud")

Anybody knows how to remove the hud from Borderlands ?

using this bind doesn't seem to work.

Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="togglehud")

Borderlands 1? Yeah. Here are the bindings I use (fov bindings are strictly for screenshotting):

Bindings=(Name="F1",Command="notarget",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="Camera ThirdPerson",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="Camera FirstPerson",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="togglehud")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="FOV 30",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="FOV 40",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="FOV 50",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFour",Command="FOV 60",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFive",Command="FOV 70",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSix",Command="FOV 80",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="FOV 90",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadEight",Command="FOV 100",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadNine",Command="FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)

They go at the bottom of WillowInput.ini under "[WillowGame.WillowPlayerInput]"

The F1 binding "notarget" makes it so enemies completely ignore you.

Thorgal

Borderlands 1? Yeah. Here are the bindings I use (fov bindings are strictly for screenshotting):

Bindings=(Name="F1",Command="notarget",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="Camera ThirdPerson",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="Camera FirstPerson",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="togglehud")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="FOV 30",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="FOV 40",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="FOV 50",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFour",Command="FOV 60",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFive",Command="FOV 70",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSix",Command="FOV 80",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="FOV 90",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadEight",Command="FOV 100",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadNine",Command="FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)

They go at the bottom of WillowInput.ini under "[WillowGame.WillowPlayerInput]"

The F1 binding "notarget" makes it so enemies completely ignore you.

thanks it worked

do these same bindings also work for BL 2 ?

thanks it worked

do these same bindings also work for BL 2 ?

They do not.

In Borderlands 2, you can enable the console. The console only takes a few limited commands unless you "unlock" it with Cheat Engine. But "ToggleHud" works, as does "FOV XXX"

Slower than using bindings, but gets the job done.

I can also hook you up with PlayersOnly and Fly if you're into that for screenshotting

Whoops, meant to edit, not double post =(

that would be great.

More options are always welcome.

Oy. Well, it requires this cheat engine table. It involves bypassing secrurom though, but it's not hard. His instructions worked fine for me.

The table is fairly easy to use once you're into the game. Once in the game, you click enable -> scripts -> cheat handler, you have his hotkeys at your disposal.

- SloMo -> NumPad 7, 8, 9 will set SloMo to 50%, default and 150%;
- PlayersOnly -> toggle with NumPad 1 on/off;
- Fly -> toggle with NumPad 2 on/off;
- Ghost -> toggle with NumPad 3 on/off (works ONLY with Fly active);
- God -> toggle with NumPad 5 on/off

In my own table, I also have an toggle to hide your weapon model. I also had time of day, but I think I needed to narrow down the pointer a bit more. Time of day is useful for screenshots.

SweetFX is also pretty nice in this game to make it look a bit more lively. Couple examples:

Thorgal

Oy. Well, it requires this cheat engine table. It involves bypassing secrurom though, but it's not hard. His instructions worked fine for me.

The table is fairly easy to use once you're into the game. Once in the game, you click enable -> scripts -> cheat handler, you have his hotkeys at your disposal.

- SloMo -> NumPad 7, 8, 9 will set SloMo to 50%, default and 150%;
- PlayersOnly -> toggle with NumPad 1 on/off;
- Fly -> toggle with NumPad 2 on/off;
- Ghost -> toggle with NumPad 3 on/off (works ONLY with Fly active);
- God -> toggle with NumPad 5 on/off

In my own table, I also have an toggle to hide your weapon model. I also had time of day, but I think I needed to narrow down the pointer a bit more. Time of day is useful for screenshots.

SweetFX is also pretty nice in this game to make it look a bit more lively. Couple examples:

Thanks again.

one last thing: since i (and tons of others) have never used cheat engine , do you think you could make a guide on this thread on how to get it working ?
Unless thats a no-go zone to post.

Thanks again.

one last thing: since i (and tons of others) have never used cheat engine , do you think you could make a guide on this thread on how to get it working ?
Unless thats a no-go zone to post.

Nah I just have to not be lazy and do it.

Getting it working is the easy part. You download + install it. Then you open a table, and point that table to a running executable. Then you use the table in the manner it was intended. Some have scripts you need to click to enable, and some things have hotkeys in place for you to just modify shit.

One thing is for certain.... it would be very difficult to use with a single monitor. It helps immensely to be able to keep an eye on the table via a 2nd monitor so you can see what you've modified\enabled\disabled\etc etc.

Thorgal

Nah I just have to not be lazy and do it.

Getting it working is the easy part. You download + install it. Then you open a table, and point that table to a running executable. Then you use the table in the manner it was intended. Some have scripts you need to click to enable, and some things have hotkeys in place for you to just modify shit.

One thing is for certain.... it would be very difficult to use with a single monitor. It helps immensely to be able to keep an eye on the table via a 2nd monitor so you can see what you've modifiedenableddisabledetc etc.

At work ATM so I can't check it out yet but can you not alt tab between the two?

One3rd

A method to remove the HUD from the viewable area.
=======================================

Use Widescreen Fixer, found in the download section here, to push the HUD off of your screen.

Open the Widescreen Fixer, browse to Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, click the "gear" button and insert your settings. Depending on your resolution you may need to fiddle with things a bit. I found that the Bezel-Corrected Resolution needed to be more than 2x the Uncorrected Resolution which is your current display resolution. This allowed all of the HUD elements to be pushed off.

These are the settings that I used.
9299329657_bacb9d3fb1_o.png

You could probably use this same method with some of the other widescreen fixes that are in this app as well.

antitrop

Oh shit, that's awesome. I wanted to screenshot Space Marine, but after copious searching couldn't find any way to get rid of the HUD. That's pretty tight.

I have some basic instructions for using Cheat Engine tables at the end of my first post here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/deadendthrills/discuss/72157631765632995/

I also posted the camera hack for Dead Space 1 in the mots recent post (very bottom). That will take some playing with to get the hang of. I'm pretty quick with it but it might be too much trouble for others. I'll also put up Dead Space 2 there later tonight.

I still want to do a basic write-up for cheat engine, at least explaining how the program works and what pointers are. Might try and explain data structures too, but I don't think I'll go into LUA scripting and assembly. That's stuff I figure people will try and learn on their own if they're dedicated enough.

Thorgal

I have some basic instructions for using Cheat Engine tables at the end of my first post here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/deadendthrills/discuss/72157631765632995/

I also posted the camera hack for Dead Space 1 in the mots recent post (very bottom). That will take some playing with to get the hang of. I'm pretty quick with it but it might be too much trouble for others. I'll also put up Dead Space 2 there later tonight.

I still want to do a basic write-up for cheat engine, at least explaining how the program works and what pointers are. Might try and explain data structures too, but I don't think I'll go into LUA scripting and assembly. That's stuff I figure people will try and learn on their own if they're dedicated enough.

that would be nice ,

could you throw Dark souls also in there once you have fully figured the camera out ?

Not sure if I should add this to the Crysis 3 post or not yet, but with all this Cheat Engine stuff happening, I finally took a look, and on the forums there's a new table for Crysis 3. It includes an effective free camera! Not the easiest to use, but you can get some new shots with it.

Crysis 3 Table

From my experience:

1. Don't forget to do the bypass first. Read the instructions in the post.

2. When using the fly thing, your coordinates are constantly passed by cheat engine it seems. So, if you load a new level, you'll be in the same coordinates as the last one you were in, which may mean in the middle of nowhere. Trying different things will work (like just flying to where you wanna go), but the safest bet is to restart the game and table for every new level.

3. The VAC thing is not as cool as it sounds unfortunately :(

Props to SteveAndrew!

Yeah i stopped updating my no-clip table after they kept updating the game. I remember that fly table but I thought it was also broken. Nice to see it's still working.

Sadly, with Maldo's OnTheFly no longer working, I lost interest in Crysis 3. Sad knowing that no matter what, we can no longer unlock the full potential of that game.

But the only thing missing is slomo..

From Maldo's mod? He had a ton of cvars unlocked and when tweaked, the game looked a lot better than what we have now. The latest update broke his ability to unlock those cvars so he gave up on it.

Slomo was just icing on the cake.

One3rd

DMoMaM is an older game (2006) but the gameplay still holds up today. After a recent play through, I thought I'd post some tweaks I used to increase the IQ and make taking screenshots easier. As this is an HL2 engine game, most of the HL2 console commands work with this game as well.

Image Quality
The first thing was IQ. Improve on the in-game AA by using Nvidia Inspector (or CP) to force AA not supported in the game. I tried both 4xSGSSAA and 16xCSAA + 4xSSAA and wasn't able to see much difference after downsampling from 3200x1600 (the max resolution I was able to set). Setting any windowed resolutions higher than the windows configured resolutions resulted in the window being scaled to some weird screen sizes. I wasn't able to get windowed resolutions working reliably above my current desktop resolution when launching the game.

The next thing was AO. I tried a number of methods, including injectors, and found that forcing AO through NVidia Inspector proved the best results. AO was very fine but does add a bit of depth to scenes. In outdoor areas with grass it tends to outline the base of the grass, so something to be aware of. AA and AO bits used.

Enable Console
By default the console is disabled so to enable this you need to go to Options->Keyboard Tab, select Advanced and click on "Enable Developer Console".

Console Commands
I used console commands to set cheat mode, disable enemy AI (freezing them in a default pose), set AI to ignore you, enable clipping, set god mode, and disable the HUD.

I found most of this information at TweakGuides.com page on DMoMaM. After confirming the commands I wanted to use I created a text file called "MyTweaks.cfg" in the \Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[Username]\dark messiah might and magic single player\mm\cfg folder and put the following lines into it.

Code:
bindtoggle "/" "cl_drawhud"
bindtoggle "*" "sv_cheats"
bind "0" "noclip"
bind "9" "ai_disable"
bind "8" "notarget"
bind "7" "god"

After creating the file, you'll then need to add this to the launch properties of the game executable. In Steam, select the properties of Dark messiah Might and Magic, click "Set Launch Options" and type in the following:

Code:
-novid +exec mytweaks.cfg

The -novid removes the startup movies and the +exec executes whatever file follows the command.

Remove Weapon from View
Select a weapon to equip it and then select it again to unequip it. Your hands, should now be free. Unfortunately I wasn't able to remove the player body from view so anything below about 20degs from horizontal will show the player hands. I was also not able to get any changes in FOV to stick, which would have helped to get rid of some of the fish-eye occurring in closer shots. This should be possible though, I didn't spend too much time trying to get it to work.

Getting the Game to Launch in Steam
I had issues even getting the game to launch in Steam, kept getting a DLL error. This is a known problem with this game (and others on Steam) and for me the resolution was to install the Steam Client Beta which had some patches for this...it has not worked for some people though, so your success may vary.

Hud Toggle

Hud Toggle Mod

Drop that in the installation folder. Force DX9 in the settings file (DxVersion). Toggle HUD on\off with the "Y" key.

IF you fancy SweetFX:
1. rename SweetFX's "d3d9.dll" file to "sweetfx.dll"
2. In "DX9Settings.ini" : remove "//"; from in front of
//ProxyLib = sweetfx.dll

No-Clip \ Fly
My very own numpad no-clip cheat engine table

X key- toggle gravity (allows you to fly about without falling)
Numpad 8/2 - Y coordinate
Numpad 6/4 - X coordinate
Numpad 9/3 - Z coordinate (move up and down in the air)
Hold CTRL + numpad keys to move farther

Examples:
9333590472_37b1b439f9_h.jpg

No-clip required to get inside that fence ^^

9332461161_345bbdc5da_h.jpg

Need for Speed Most Wanted - no HUD \ Free camera (while paused)
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - no HUD \ Free camera (while paused)
Sleeping Dogs - free camera (though trying to control it is a nightmare)

There was lots more, but those are the only things I ever downloaded. I probably got the most use out of Most Wanted. It's a pretty game and using pause + free camera can get some interesting screenshots. It was the first car game I ever screenshotted and I think I wanna go back and play it again and try to do better.

No HUD, Free Camera, Timestop, etc etc

TocaEdit's cam mod.

Download that and place the version.dll in your installation directory (easiest method).

=================================
Camera Control HotKeys
=================================
Numpad * = Toggle Camera Control On
Numpad / = Toggle Camera Control Off
Numpad 9 = Toggle Free-Look
Numpad 3 = Toggle TrackIR (must be enabled in config first)
Numpad 7 = Toggle HUD

Numpad 1 = Next Preset

Numpad 0 = Toggle Mouse
Numpad . = Change Camera Mode (Changes to Cinematic Mode if Free-Look enabled)
Numpad + = Toggle Glass Texture

U = Move Up
T = Move Down
G = Move Left
J = Move Right
Y = Move Forward
H = Move Backward
k = Reset View

] = Increase FOV
[ = Decrease FOV

SHIFT = Move Faster

The HUD toggle removes the menu when you pause the game, so you can control the camera while the game is paused!

Here's how I use it:
Press escape to pause game.
Press Numpad * to enable mod
Press Numoad 9 to enable free look
Press Numpad 0 to enable mouse control
Press Numpad 7 to disable HUD

When you're done screenshotting a scene, Press Numpad 9 to disable the free cam and return to the normal game cam. You won't need to press Numpad * or Numpad 0 again.

Changing time of day

My very own Cheat Engine table with time of day script

This script disables the game's gradual time of day cycle and allows you to control it manually.

Instructions:
1. Start game and wait until you have control of your car.
2. Point table to game executable
3. Press F4 to enable script
4. (-) and (+) keys to change time of day (the ones next to backspace). Hold ctrl to advance time further.

Shift + F4 to disable script and restore the game's natural time of day cycle.

Example screens (it can be pretty, but it's no Project Cars)

Top Bottom