• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NXE Launch Thead - Nov 19th at 10am GMT

HUELEN10

iznaip.png

There we go. I tried for about 40 minutes, but I could make nothing that looked like me so I made a fake avatar to go in line with my GAF one. Fuck Avatars....

I wonder how long it will take for them to release more parts. I want to make a "Mii-too" Too! Hair, Jacket, Hat, as long as it is free or at least REASONABLY priced. Why must I be dude with a Jewfro?!?!?!
:lol Oh well! End of rant, Mii>Avatar IMO. Still, we NEED more options. They have gone this far, they should go farther!

eznark

Banned
xbhaskarx said:
I like the changes for the most part, but I'm also really annoyed right now...

The avatar customization options are very limited.
All the old themes are screwed up*.
The ugly gray semi-circle still takes up half the screen.
I still can't get the Netflix activation code to work.
I can't download Kingdom of Keflings.

*but at least you can preview them now!

you didn't really expect everything to work right away did you? I'll be glad if Netflix works by Friday

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
xbhaskarx said:
The ugly gray semi-circle still takes up half the screen.

I wish they would let you at least change the colour of that semi-circle. It kinda ruins my favourite Bungie day 2007 theme :(

HUELEN10

I bought the Sonic Unleashed Theme and it is awesome! All the friends you have are in from of 3D scenes from Apotos! Tails and the Tornado are there too. This new themes are GREAT.

Label said:
I wish they would let you at least change the colour of that semi-circle. It kinda ruins my favourite Bungie day 2007 theme :(

A few of the default themes do change the color, the "night" theme turns it black, the "Day" theme turns it a redish color. They should let you change it to what you want when you select your theme though.

HUELEN10

BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh...my...god.

There's a Castle Crashers PREMIUM theme...I...

I might have to do this....
Take Pics! i will take one of the Sonic Unleashed theme in the mean time!

painey

Well I was really excited, but its pretty underwhelming. Theres a very limited choice in facial hair, glasses, hats and tops for an avatar, everything is very big and full of adverts and the friends list is now totally unusable unless you get the "mini dash" up. Im installing Gears 2 now so hopefully this is going to be worthwhile.

edit: heres me

What sucks about themes is they used to have different pictures per blade but now they just default you to one image with no way to select one of the other images. You may as well be putting up your own image at that point. Even worse is if you paid for it and can't select the image you want.

Nathan Rain said:
Can anyone with a premium theme confirm new backdrops on the avatars in the friends page??

Yes this is a FACT I am using the Gears 2 on they gave out a gamestop and it has various buildings and vehicles in from the game.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Nathan Rain said:
Can anyone with a premium theme confirm new backdrops on the avatars in the friends page??

i bought the two new halo themes and they have vehicles behind the characters

halo wars theme >>> halo 3 theme in that respect (but the background sucks in halo wars :<)

HUELEN10 said:
Take Pics! i will take one of the Sonic Unleashed theme in the mean time!

Actually, I'll probably have to wait until Thursday. I'm so poor.

:(

God, they made a Viva Pinata one too. You don't have to wait for me to take a picture though. You can preview the backdrops on the page for the Themes. You can see them in that little window.

Please make one for Banjo. PLEASE!

UltimaPooh said:
Yes this is a FACT I am using the Gears 2 on they gave out a gamestop and it has various buildings and vehicles in from the game.

But does it effect what other people see when they see you on their friends list?

As in, does it change the backdrop for your avatar on other people's console?

LCfiner

Marty Chinn said:
What sucks about themes is they used to have different pictures per blade but now they just default you to one image with no way to select one of the other images. You may as well be putting up your own image at that point. Even worse is if you paid for it and can't select the image you want.

yeah, that does suck. I do expect MS to address that in an update. Should be fairly easy to sue the triggers or bumpers to cycle through the theme images. I could see how it's a low priority item for launch, though.

Marty Chinn said:

You see different background images in different areas. I saw the Dom blade from my Lst Day theme while I was in another section. It definitely changes.

Nathan Rain said:
But does it effect what other people see when they see you on their friends list?

As in, does it change the backdrop for your avatar on other people's console?

No, you have to have the theme as well. So one of you can see your friends on a Gears 2 theme and the other can see you on a Castle Crashers theme.

NutJobJim said:
This.
I have no idea where anything is on this NXE thing :lol
My Xbox -> Your Gamercard -> Change avatar.

Your Gamercard is the new place to be. All games listed instantly with achievements and progression bars, change gamerpic, change theme etc.

Thermite

DopeyFish said:
i bought the two new halo themes and they have vehicles behind the characters

halo wars theme >>> halo 3 theme in that respect (but the background sucks in halo wars :<)

Any way you could post pics of the Halo 3 theme? I'm thinking about buying it and was wondering what it looked like..

By the way, the "Most Popular" section for different Marketplace items, if it works the way I think it does, is totally awesome. I saw a bunch of contest entry gamerpics I had no idea about.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
BenjaminBirdie said:
:lol

I keep hitting B to back out of stuff when I can just scroll up.

Oh, progress.

Haha same here, sometimes I sit there waiting for it to go back. Then I remeber doh I just have to press up!

Oreoleo

NutJobJim said:
This.
I have no idea where anything is on this NXE thing :lol

It's under "My Xbox," 2nd window from the left with your achievements and avatar pictured. There's an option to "Change Theme" listed about 4 down. Took me forever to find it.

HUELEN10

BenjaminBirdie said:
Where did you get that one? I can't see a Sonic one listed under Premium themes...
You have to search the whole market place by browsing through the Letter S, and selecting that game.

Jewbacca

Banned
eznark said:
you didn't really expect everything to work right away did you? I'll be glad if Netflix works by Friday

I had issues then i just generated 6 codes ahead and entered it in and it worked like a charm.

I keep getting a error code when I try to look at content on the market place it says "Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live Please try again later"

Status Code: 8000ffff

Is this happening to anyone else?

Top Bottom