• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NXE Launch Thead - Nov 19th at 10am GMT

mr_bishiuk said:
Have the region cracking demons figured out how you can get netflix abroad? would it work in Europe being quite away from the servers (I have a 20mb connection)

From me:

TheGreatDave said:
1) Sign up at Netflix.com. Give them a fake US address. It has to be valid though.
2) Sign up at Entropay.com. Use that virtual VISA card to pay for Netflix
3) Open up a US Xbox Live Account (Silver is fine)
4) Sign in on 360, go to video section, download Netflix application.
5) Open app. Choose to use a gold account. Select your main account. Get activation code.
6) Find proxy, go online to www.netflix.com/activate
7) Stay on proxy, add titles on website.
8) They pop up IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES.

Works here. Dunno about HD, my bandwidth isn't up to it.

Sean

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh man, I hope they make a standalone slot just for Premium themes....

:(

There is.

Games Marketplace > Browse > Themes and Gamer Pictures > Premium Themes

it's just that the Sonic one doesn't show up in there, they seem to be still updating things.

JuanMR2

Pretty close, although my moustache is a bit longer

Monocle

Mother of God, it's spectacular! I feel like I have a brand new console. The new interface is very intuitive, and I love how I can finally browse all the content on my hard drive without having to wait ages every time I scroll down a page. Finally I can prune my overstuffed Themes folder with ease.

Oh, and the avatar creation system, simplistic as it may be, is better than I expected. I got really good results with just a few minutes of fiddling.

Outtrigger888 said:
I keep getting a error code when I try to look at content on the market place it says "Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live Please try again later"

Status Code: 8000ffff

Is this happening to anyone else?
Yeah, I'm getting it too.

painey

Label said:
Pics of the castle crashers theme.
CCTheme%20(3).JPG

Look ma, I'm on TV!! :D

Outtrigger888 said:
I keep getting a error code when I try to look at content on the market place it says "Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live Please try again later"

Yup, probably just overload due to the huge usage right now.

Thermite

BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh man, I hope they make a standalone slot just for Premium themes....

:(

There is.

Guide button -> Marketplace -> Game Marketplace -> Themes & Gamer Pictures -> Scroll up to Premium Themes

Dr_Cogent

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK.

NETFLIX code entry shit does not work!

FUCKERS!

No one is ever ready on day one. No one. Xbox is giving off error codes trying to download shit as well. :-(

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
xbox.com is down too.

I need to get used to everything a bit, but installing games and deleting 0 score shit sure rocks. Avatars are très lame though

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Is the NXE update available for (official) download yet to install from a USB device? I am having trouble getting the 360 online this morning. I can't find it on xbox.com yet.

Wollan

Full Recovery said:
playing gears 2 off of the HDD is so nice, not much of an improvement on load times though.
I didn't notice a difference but it's nice to keep the noise as low as possible.

Not sure if it's worth the install size though (6GB for noise reduction leaving me with about ~4GB free space).

Marty Chinn said:
What's nice about it then?
THE NOISE. It's gone! Thats the best thing about installations. Don't mind if there aren't any other improvements, as long as its quiet.

I keep getting error messages when trying to view stuff on the marketplace =( Status code: 8000ffff
Same! But the stuff still works.

Banned
Looks like they still haven't updated the HD DVD interface.
The new marketplace is even worse to navigate than before.
Themes are still broken…

At least you're not forced to create an avatar.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Damn I have installed so many games so far. RockBand, Fallout 3, Mirrors Edge, Gears 2 Tempted to install Madden 09. Anyone think its worth it? :p

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Exactly how do I access the XNA Community games. I was under the impression that they would now be available to everyone.

big_z

Outtrigger888 said:

constantly. xbox.com has it's login disabled due to too high of load. im guessing their servers are eating shit right now.

anyway is it possible to remove unwanted tabs/sections like spotlight?
is it possible to preview themes?

conman

Okay. Dig the disc install feature and (will) dig the Netflix streaming.

But... some major annoyances:

1) the two most important menu bars are "friends" and "my xbox." they're nowhere near each other.

2) luckily, you can still use the triggers and bumpers to navigate more quickly. oh... wait... hold down the triggers and you always stop on "spotlight," "game marketplace," or "inside xbox." WTF?!

3) is there any way to change the menu colors (not the theme)? because you can hardly read the achievement stats in the game menu. small white text over bright green progress bars. impossible.

4) if we're going to have to use these avatars everywhere, we're going to need more customization options. and, please, don't make us pay for them. even nintendo gives more options in their mii customization, for crying out loud.

I'm sure I'll have more to complain about soon. But so far, I'm not very pleased with the change.

big_z said:
constantly. xbox.com has it's login disabled due to too high of load. im guessing their servers are eating shit right now.

anyway is it possible to remove unwanted tabs/sections like spotlight?
is it possible to preview themes?

Nope, and nope.

kaskade

Marty Chinn said:
Where the heck is your download history? Ugh I am not digging how unintuitive a lot of stuff is.
It's under account management, which is when you click your gamertag in the My Xbox section. Once you get used to it you'll find it much easier to use.

Top Bottom