• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NXE Launch Thead - Nov 19th at 10am GMT

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I haven't really kept up new features on NXE but I had hoped that

1. You would also be able to install Xbox 1 games on the hard drive

2. and maybe, just maybe...as an extra special secret surprise, they expanded the BC list.

Negative on both.

MrDaravon

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but it's pretty rad that when you're looking at themes on the store for download, you can now preview them fullscreen.

Mar

SailorDaravon said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but it's pretty rad that when you're looking at themes on the store for download, you can now preview them fullscreen.

They still need a preview for gamer picture packs. My number one annoyance of the 360 UI is that you can't see what you're buying. And they still haven't fixed that.

Are you alive?

Banned
It's embarrassing that the guide is now better than the actual dashboard, but that's still worse than the old dashboard overall. Good job Microsoft.

Stupid question: how the hell do I set my status to busy, or appear offline now?

PhlivoSong said:
I mentioned this a few pages back. Glad to see there are others who agree with me.

No, stop saying this. This isn't a problem that needs a workaround. It's a fundamental design flaw. The two most important features of the system should be next to each other, and the first two options in the interface flow. Not the second up and the fifth up...

I agree it should change if only because it will make more people check out what their friends are doing,

I suppose if people dont moan about it it will never will

carry on..

_Angelus_

Banned
Everyone go and get Grind House's Planet Terror and Death Proof from NetFlix.
The trailers before both films start still kill me.

"Machete,they fucked with the wrong Mexican."
:lol

Median

I don't mind that actually. Hair works, and I tend to wear striped shirts. I wish the chain could have been separate, but otherwise I don't mind it.

Gorki247

SailorDaravon said:
Can you? How? The image showing in the background when looking at the theme's info is not the actually theme, but the image used for all of that game's content.

Mohonky

So I have a few questions:

1. Where can I check download status? Before I could goto guide and check my download ques, can't currently find this option.

2. Themes. In the past themes had pictures based on blades. With this one, the background doesn't seem to change, so can I alter the theme to pick another picture from that particular theme?

3. When you goto friends it shows stuff in the background, space ships, robots etc. Is this random?

Suteki.png

Mohonky said:
2. Themes. In the past themes had pictures based on blades. With this one, the background doesn't seem to change, so can I alter the theme to pick another picture from that particular theme?

They still change. You just have to go one level deeper into a different area, like Games Library or whatever.

Sean

Banned
Mohonky said:
So I have a few questions:

1. Where can I check download status? Before I could goto guide and check my download ques, can't currently find this option.

3. When you goto friends it shows stuff in the background, space ships, robots etc. Is this random?

1) Guide > Marketplace blade (LB or dpad left twice) > Active Downloads

2) NXE themes only have a singular background, your old themes still have the different backgrounds but they only show up in certain areas. The Games blade image will show up when you enter your Games Library, the System blade image will show up when you enter system settings etc. You can't pick which one you want to display as the main one.

3) Nope, that backdrop stuff depends on the theme, each theme has their own.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
My excitement for this has been tempered by the lack of Netflix, but I'll mess around with a proxy and see if I can't get it working.

Sucks to be at work now. Is there a way to tweak avatars online yet?

Sean

Banned
Anastacio said:
Where could i find the photo sharing again?

last option in Spotlight , or under Games Marketplace > Browse > P

65536 said:
Ok seriously, how do I change my online status? I can't find it anywhere.

Guide > Settings (last blade) > Preferences > online status

HUELEN10

BenjaminBirdie said:
Ha! Yeah. I think it's actually pretty cool to get a sense of what Gaffers look like, at least vaguely.

I wanna make one that looks like me too....

MS, hurry up and bring out more options!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

I like the new set up a good deal, but everything is busted right now, Im sure their servers are getting killed. I'll check it out later.

Grecco

BenjaminBirdie said:
Ha! Yeah. I think it's actually pretty cool to get a sense of what Gaffers look like, at least vaguely.

Enfasis on vaguely. The options for editing, custamizing need more work

Banned
Sean said:
Guide > Settings (last blade) > Preferences > online status
Do they not actually think about how people are going to use things and just throw options in randomly?

Maybe I would want to change my status on the page that lists all my friends, messages, party and so on?

Aside from the ability to install games to the hard drive and remove 0 gamerscore titles (still doesn't actually check for achievements…) I can't think of anything that wasn't actually made worse in this update.

Oh, and what's with the guide taking so long to open up (I get a blank blue square for 3/4 seconds) and the low framerate when switching tabs?

Seeing as everyone else is doing it, I might as well post my avatar too:
14ijyap.png

That's right, I refuse to create one.

Kibbles

Premium themes. "This Download: 250MSP" "Current Balance: 240MSP" DAMNIT! :lol Just my luck.

Are there any free ones?

Disguises

Quite impressed so far until my xbox froze while loading an insie xbox article, had to pull plug out to unfreeze it (turned off at the button, green light vanished but screen still frozen).
It's nice and fast to type things on the dashboard now! thank god. Also, more than 1 on 1 private chat! woop!

Top Bottom