• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NXE Launch Thead - Nov 19th at 10am GMT

Kifimbo

Sorry if it's old.

CAPCOM® PARTNERS WITH MICROSOFT® TO PROVIDE A BRANDED EXPERIENCE WITH SUPER STREET FIGHTER® II TURBO HD REMIX
Street Fighter® Branded Destination Experience to be featured in the New Xbox Experience!
SAN MATEO, CA — November 18, 2008 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, is proud to announce that the much anticipated Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix for Xbox LIVE® Arcade will be one of the first games to be featured in the New Xbox® Experience with a Branded Destination Experience.

Launching tomorrow, the Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix destination experience will provide a central place for Xbox LIVE Arcade gamers to learn about new content, view the latest trailers, and access downloadable content, including picture packs, and both Basic and Premium Themes. The new Street Fighter® Premium Theme features extensive high-definition graphical layers that take over your Dashboard, presenting a fully dynamic and encompassing package for the ultimate social entertainment experience on Xbox LIVE.

“With 1080p high-definition art and graphics, and the ultimate user feature set, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is the perfect game to compliment the New Xbox Experience,” said Christian Svensson, VP of Strategic Planning and Business Development at Capcom Entertainment Inc. “Capcom is dedicated to providing captivating content to the digital space and we’re proud to participate in this new era of Xbox LIVE.”

For a screenshot of the new Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Branded Destination Experience, visit: http://www.press.capcom.com

The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix destination experience will provide a central place for Xbox LIVE Arcade gamers.

Key features
Centralized location for Xbox LIVE Arcade gamers to learn about new content, view the latest trailers, and access downloadable content, including picture packs, and both Basic and Premium Themes.

The new Street Fighter® Premium Theme features extensive high-definition graphical layers that take over your Dashboard, presenting a fully dynamic and encompassing package for the ultimate social entertainment experience on Xbox LIVE.

Tobor

Is there an option for a download only account with Netflix? I signed up again in anticipation of this update, and the discs are annoying.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Tobor said:
Is there an option for a download only account with Netflix? I signed up again in anticipation of this update, and the discs are annoying.
Just get the $8.99/month plan and don't rent out any DVDs.

I'm a little confused about someone who lives in the US having an issue about also getting movies in the mail from Netflix. Why is that a bad thing? Why not watch even a bigger selection in addition to the Instant Watch?

Anyone try Fallout 3 with the update? Impressions regarding load times, etc? This game especially makes my shitty 360 cough and sputter.

Anyone think now, that all new games that begin development/are in development will take the NXE install feature into account now?

So it will be developed in such a way that installing the game will improve it's performance dramatically?

3rdman

MomoPufflet said:
Anyone try Fallout 3 with the update? Impressions regarding load times, etc? This game especially makes my shitty 360 cough and sputter.
Very fluid and lessened load times. Not dramatically better but significant. Pop ups are non existent...overall its great!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
2 Minutes Turkish said:
Anyone think now, that all new games that begin development/are in development will take the NXE install feature into account now?

So it will be developed in such a way that installing the game will improve it's performance dramatically?
Well, we don't even know it's possible. The 360 could literally just be doing a carbon copy of the disc. How would the game know if it's being played on DVD or HDD?

UraMallas

PowerSmell said:
DRE = Dead Rising Enjoyment.
Pretty sure it's Dick Riding Entertainment. Meaning lap dances for all.

NXE is the game related release I'm looking most forward to on the 360 this year. Kinda stupid but I just can't help but love brand new interfaces to play around in.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So what games should you NOT install because of worse loading times/performance? All I know of is Halo 3 and PGR4

cjelly said:
Well, we don't even know it's possible. The 360 could literally just be doing a carbon copy of the disc. How would the game know if it's being played on DVD or HDD?

Well I was under the impression Halo 3 had some sort of process involved where it caches if it detects a HDD

angelfly

2 Minutes Turkish said:

I have a fear that developers will start to get lazy when it comes to load times and just assume everyone will install it.

Are all the movies available to stream on the Netflix site available on Xbox live? Is there a list somewhere? I'm thinking of picking up a 360 again so I can stream some HD movies. Hopefully it lasts me a few months before I have to send it away for repairs.

What's the best deal on an elite 360? I only have an 8 gigs left on my 360 nad am starting to think that there will be some problems with installing even one game at a time. And I would just buy a whole new 360 because the prices for a hard drive are unreasonable and my 360 itself is launch one, os yeah.

NXE makes me feel like I'm getting a new console tomorrow. Totally excited about it, even more than waiting for Gears 2 to arrive a week ago.

The thing they can do is optimize it for hdd cache use, so the game runs equal/worse when installed. So yeah, devs, please stay lazy in this regard :D ...but not like Mass Effect kind of lazy.

ckohler

GalacticAE said:
Are all the movies available to stream on the Netflix site available on Xbox live? Is there a list somewhere? I'm thinking of picking up a 360 again so I can stream some HD movies. Hopefully it lasts me a few months before I have to send it away for repairs.
If you mean that all of the "Watch Instantly" movies on Netflix can be streamed to the NXE, then yes. All of them. I don't know if there is a single list of Netflix Instant Watch titles.

ckohler said:
If you mean that all of the "Watch Instantly" movies on Netflix can be streamed to the NXE, then yes. All of them. I don't know if there is a single list of Netflix Instant Watch titles.

Thanks. That's what I meant.

ultron87

rjcc said:
what happens if you turn on your 360 with no or too small storage attached after the update?

Fire. And lots of it.

Or probably it'll just tell you it can't download it. I dunno if it will still let you connect to Live.

Sectus

The OP forgot to mention one big important feature which will arrive with the NXE.

Tomorrow xbox live will go down and won't become stable again until next year.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
J. M. Romeo said:
Tomorrow, I will be working from my home. I just caught a cold, couldn't be more on the spot.
Famous last words.

Anyway, 10 GMT eh? So I can shut off my 360 after all.. Heh.

ultron87

gstaff said:
So if my fiancee has the Netflix account, can I use that?

Yep, I'm using my roommates. The process is easy as pie. Though you will need her email and password so you can put stuff into the instant queue. Unfortunately right now you can only do that on a computer.

Cdammen

Anastacio said:
Is it possible for a european citizen to subscribe to Netflix and still watch HD-movies on the PC with an American zip code if we have family in America?
No. You can get a virtual VISA card for the payments and you could easily fake the address but they run an IP check so if you aren't in the U.S. you can't access the content. This can be bypassed on the PC with a tunneling software but not on the Xbox 360. Believe me, I've tried. You can't even access free trailers.

Glix

If you go to XBOX.com and click on one of your friends profiles, you can see where the avatar is going to be.

EDIT - Also, the framework for the new web based marketplace is up, but empty. You can also access your "download queue"

neight

Banned
Judging by the install size of the Live Arcade Compilation disc it looks like the discs are being installed 1:1 disc image with the padding intact.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
You laugh, but he wouldn't be the only one.

I was contemplating taking the day off.

I won't deny that I'm looking forward to it tomorrow, but to take a week of for what is essentially an interface update is little extreme for me, but maybe I'm just crazy like that

voltron

For those that have it, Im looking for specifics as far as benefits from game installs.

Ive installed Fallout 3 and Ive noticed some minor improvements, but nothing too drastic.

Is Fable 2 worth installing, and what improvements should I expect?

Is Gears 2 worth installing, and what improvements should I expect?

Is FarCry 2 worth installing, and what improvements should I expect?

_Angelus_

Banned
So right away after we install the update we can begin to stream NetFlix *play it now* films?
Also..its ALL their streaming films from their site? Or are we going to get just a small handful for now and then have more drop in on us each week as the library grows? I'm speaking about non HD stuff btw. Hopefully its all ready to go by tomorrow. The horror fan in me fucking loves all those streaming films they have,watching them on my large tv will be horrificly enjoyable.:b

Prine

Banned
oh well, i think its time to upgrade form premium Xbox to Elite. Nice one MS, you know how to tease gaming purists.

Im not going to to spend all that money on a new 120HDD. Might awell buy a new 360

voltron

Amir0x said:
Lots of neat features in this outside the atrocious avataring, so still overall looking forward to it.

Im glad theres avatars, if only for the fact that everything else included is primarily a passive experience. At least with avatars theres something 'new' to do and play with. Plus I cant wait to pay for a Gears 2 hat and Halo Recon jeans.... cant you?

bumpkin

voltron said:
Is Fable 2 worth installing, and what improvements should I expect?

Is Gears 2 worth installing, and what improvements should I expect?

Is FarCry 2 worth installing, and what improvements should I expect?
I'm gonna go with minor load time reduction but no drive noise across the boards... At least that's the impression I got from the official thread.

DuckRacer

Prine said:
oh well, i think its time to upgrade form premium Xbox to Elite. Nice one MS, you know how to tease gaming purists.

Im not going to to spend all that money on a new 120HDD. Might awell but a new 360
1) You'll have to order and wait for a transfer cable.

2) Circuit City and Target both have clearance deals.

3) $150 ($100 if you look around) vs. $400. You decide.

Any word on L4D install size? or what about the new Scene It? I would like to know because I am adding up the space it's gonna take the games that I want to install on there. So far I'm at around 30 gigs with Rockband 2, Gears 2, BK:NaB, Orange Box, and Fable 2.

Ronok

cjelly said:

If all else fails couldn't they test if it was booted from hdd or dvd drive based on the disc read speeds?

Diablos

Am I the only one who thinks the current Dashboard is fine?

I won't necessarily miss it, but if they gave me the option to copy games to the hdd and nothing else, I'd be okay with that.

Ricker

I know we aren't getting Nexflix up here in Canada(Province of Quebec never even got the Inside XBox tab) but I hope we get everything else...

And why do all the avatars have a little hip slant to the right...? :lol

Top Bottom