• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official #BuildingTheList Thread

AmuroChan

I thought it'd be a good idea to start an official thread where we can talk about the games that we want to see come to PlayStation and maybe even help each other out by tweeting them to Adam Boyes and Gio Corsi.

I will also update this post regularly with the titles most requested by GAF.

So first, some background:

What is #BuildingTheList?

An initiative started by the PlayStation 3rd Party Production Team to allow fans to suggest titles that they want to see come to PlayStation. These could be non-exclusive titles from other platforms or titles that have not been localized in your region.

How does it work?

Tweet the name of the game to @giocorsi with the hashtag #BuildingTheList

Examples of games that are coming or have come because of this initiative:

Suikoden II
Yakuza 5

Without further due, here're some of my picks:

Yakuza Ishin
Tales of Vesperia
Phantasy Star Nova

Games most requested by GAF:

Sequels:
S̶h̶e̶n̶m̶u̶e̶ ̶3̶

Ports:
Shenmue 1+2

Localizations:
Phantasy Star Nova
Yakuza 1+2 HD Edition
Yakuza Ishin
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Tales of Vesperia

PS1/PS2 Classics:
Ape Escape

HD Remasters:
Final Fantasy XII
U̶n̶c̶h̶a̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶T̶r̶i̶l̶o̶g̶y̶

Andrefpvs

My pick:

Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Edition (available in Japan only)

Reasoning:

Not having the entire series on PS3 in English is keeping the people who want to play it chronologically away from the newly released games. The Recaps included in the sequels are not a substitute for playing the actual games.

sn00zer

Megaman Legends Collection is pretty just the only thing I feel is really missing from PSN
Tomba 2 in Japanese is fucking terrible and needs to get fixed asap

Basically thats all I want atm

A new Monster Hunter plz. Capcom is broke as shit. Give them some money, Sony!! There are still fans waiting for this series to come "home".

Edit: Only finished game? I still want MHP3rd port to Vita/PS4.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Phantasy Star Nova
Yakuza Ishin
Yakuza 0
Jet Set Radio Future PS4
Ollie King PS4
Border Break PS4

Paskil

Monaco
Ys collection (not a thing)
Gunpoint
Don't Starve Together - like officially reach out and offer dev support
Shadowrun Returns
Gone Home
just to piss off gamergate

SSReborn

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax PS4
Final Fantasy Dissidia

also this:

My pick:

Reasoning:

Not having the entire series on PS3 in English is keeping the people who want to play it chronologically away from the newly released games. The Recaps included in the sequels are not a substitute for playing the actual games.

Lucinice

Neo Member
My pick:

Reasoning:

As someone who had to go through hell to play Yakuza 1 and 2 this is probably one of my biggest picks.

Second choice for me is Jojo Eyes Of Heaven.

sn00zer

I think we should really concentrate on a few titles each month to get pushed..... basically see what people wan then push the top 3 really hard.

I think any Yakuza spinoff is out of the question until Y5 sales start rolling in

EDIT: Basically everyone choose their top three atm....and actually think about what would sell rather than something dumb

AmuroChan

I think we should really concentrate on a few titles each month to get pushed..... basically see what people wan then push the top 3 really hard.

I think any Yakuza spinoff is out of the question until Y5 sales start rolling in

That's a good idea. Maybe we should do a tally each month and then everyone tweet the top 3 games to #BuildingTheList.

Blakynt

Banned
the best PS3 that I don't have

MHP3rdHD-PS3-Boxart-JP.jpg

I love BuildingTheList, just simply for the fact that it has given us Yakuza 5. May it long continue to deliver.

Oh, and just dropping this in here for good measure...

Gio Corsi (Director of Third Party Production for Sony PlayStation) said that Shenmue is the number one request of the #BuildingTheList campaign:

n3F2xMC.jpg

vjJhB2u.jpg

It seems there are legal/copyright problems prevented HD ports from happening:
vMSkiyc.jpg

oiSesQI.jpg

[Source: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47323]

Shenmue HD Collection. If I can get that, I'll ask for nothing else. Apart from Shenmue III afterwards obviously.

Apdiddy

Yakuza Ishin (PS4)
Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost
Divinity: Original Sin (if Diablo III can come to PS4/PS3, so can this....maybe?)
The Last Express
Ketsui Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra
Grow Home
Legend of Grimrock (because it's greatness should be shared to everyone)

Trophy support for Heavenly Sword, Siren: Blood Curse, Folklore and Valkyria Chronicles are my pipe dream wishes.

Crash Bandicoot 4.

Crash Team Racing 2.

Make a deal with Activision, give it to a trusted developer, tell them to play Crash 1-3 and CTR, make that with shiny new graphics. Play Mario 3D Land and Mario 3D World for inspiration.

It doesn't have to be a super mega AAA disc in stores. It can be digital only and for £20-£30.

I love BuildingTheList, just simply for the fact that it has given us Yakuza 5. May it long continue to deliver.

Oh, and just dropping this in here for good measure...

Shenmue HD Collection. If I can get that, I'll ask for nothing else. Apart from Shenmue III afterwards obviously.

I literally just tweeted asking for Shenmue 1 & 2.

Shenmue and Grim Fandango both on PS4 would be mind blowing. Something I never thought would ever happen.

For translation:
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Phantasy Star Nova
Valkyria Chronicles 3

For porting/Development:
Valkyria Chronicles HD collection
Xenosaga Collection

Crash Bandicoot 4.

Crash Team Racing 2.

Make a deal with Activision, give it to a trusted developer, tell them to play Crash 1-3 and CTR, make that with shiny new graphics. Play Mario 3D Land and Mario 3D World for inspiration.

It doesn't have to be a super mega AAA disc in stores. It can be digital only and for £20-£30.

I don't think that Gio Corsi has the ability to acquire IP, and greenlight a new project of that size. Let's be a little realistic here.

I literally just tweeted asking for Shenmue 1 & 2.

Shenmue and Grim Fandango both on PS4 would be mind blowing. Something I never thought would ever happen.

Two (or three I guess) of the greatest adventure games ever created incidentally. It would indeed be amazing to revisit the Shenmue series on the PS4 just like we were able to with Grim Fandango. Here's hoping the lawyers can get through all the red tape eventually and make it happen.

KAL2006

Banned
Street Fighter III Third Strike PS4/Vita
Super Street Fighter II HD Remix PS4/Vita
Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3 PS4/Vita

The King of Fighters 98 UM PS4/Vita
The King of Fighters 2002 UM PS4/Vita
The King of Fighters XIII PS4/Vita
Garou PS4/Vita

Ryan95

My Vita Remasters wishlist

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5/2.5 Vita