• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official #BuildingTheList Thread

Gandalf

I'll tweet a couple to him soon.

I'd love a Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth localisation. Haven't played one in a looooong time. I want to jump back in.

Remaster/Port:

I also want Crisis Core (HD possibly?) for PS4 and/or Vita too.

Opt1kon_

Kingdom hearts 1.5/2.5 (PS4/Vita)
Ni No Kuni Wrath of the white witch (PS4)
Divinity original sin (PS4)
Skate 3 (PS4/vita)
FF7 HD REMASTER(PS4/VITA)
Klonoa HD Remaster (PS4)
Dark stalkers (PS4)
Zone of Enders HD Collection (PS4)
Unchained blades HD (PS4/Vita)
Crimson Gem Saga HD (PS4/VITA)
Skies of Arcadia HD (PS4/Vita)
Melody of Elemia HD (PS4/Vita)
Chrono Trigger HD (PS4)
Valkyria Chronicles 3 HD (PS4/VITA)
Shadowrun (PS4)

These are all I have for my list so far, really miss the days of RPGs and JRPGS and Turned based strategy games

Jathaine

Ports:
Type-0 to VITA
Valkyria Chronicles 3 to VITA

Localizations:

PS3 Vesperia (Or PS4 port)
Phantasy Star NOVA

sn00zer

Reposting for new page...use this format so we can get sorta organized

Ports:

Localizations:

PS1/PS2 Classics:

Did you notice how I didnt put "Brand New Game that Doent exist"...its because Building the list doesnt make new games that dont exist yet.

AmuroChan

Ports:

Localizations:

PS1/PS2 Classics:

Did you notice how I didnt put "Brand New Game that Doent exist"...its because Building the list doesnt make new games that dont exist yet.

Thanks. Added these categories to first post.

Gandalf

Ports:

Localizations:

PS1/PS2 Classics:

Hey, noticed on the first page you said about pushing a few titles each month. I just checked on people tweeting him and it seems Digimon is getting a lot of attention. If we do have push some titles, I think that should be one of them, do yourself or others agree?

Hikami

Ports:
Phantasy Star Online 2 (PS4)
Persona 4 Arena/Ultimax (PS4/Vita)

Localizations:
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Phantasy Star Nova
Any game in the Shining series. Most recent one is Shining Resonance.

Pretty sure this one will make it here but, God Eater 2: Rage Burst.

Some help with the Trails/Kiseki games to get them out faster. XSeed is doing the Sky trilogy and potentially Sen, maybe Sony could localize the Vita versions of Zero/Ao.

Also, My Summer Vacation. Would love to play one of those games.

I don't want to suggest it because it's probably been thought about already, but I would double dip on Dear Esther. Especially with Project Morpheus support. Those caves would be incredible looking, and that ending... I get shivers just thinking about it.

DieH@rd

Banned
I ask for little good old 1080p60 content, all these IPs are owned by Sony. All for PS4:

Uncharted collection
God of War collection [including GoW3 and Ascension]
Resistance collection
Motorstorm collection
Puppeteer
Heavenly Sword
Quantic Dream [Heavy Rain+Beyond] collection

Once you port them to X86, you will have that nicely optimized software ready to be move to any future console or cloud platform.

As for other games, I would like complete franchise collections of:
Yakuza
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Darksiders
Crysis

sn00zer

Well looks like I was wrong.....
https://twitter.com/giocorsi/status/568540012922273792
vNXUJ6Q.png

So yeah time to REALLY organize if anything goes

sn00zer

This is still a thing?

Yes

So changing up my post a bit

Ports:
-Ys Origin Vita/PS4
-Puppeteer PS4
-Trackmania 2 PS4/Vita
-Toki Toki Tori 2+ Vita/PS4

Localizations:
-Yakuza 0 (this one seems most likely as it in the main line series)

PS1/PS2 Classics:
-Mega Man Legend Series
-Tomba 2 in English
-Ape Ecape PS1

General Franchises/ Franchise Revivals:
-Ape Escape
-Jet Moto
-Medievil

Auctopus

This is still a thing?

It seemed to be going quite strongly at PS Experience. There was quite a bit of bragging about how much 'listening' they do.

Whether the fans tweets actually influence their decisions and aren't sometimes just happily coincidental with their own business decisions is hard to say.

Coxy

Lunar: EB (PS1) is an amazing RPG that's already in English but tied up in licensing hell. Seems like it'd be a great choice for this kind of initiative.

I'd love that, The Lunars, Grandia 2, 3 and Xtreme were all released on japanese PSN recently, I'd love to see them all in the west too

Of course I really want Yakuza Zero too but I assume it depends on Yakuza 5 sales

It'd also be really nice if Sony could step in and save the Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports that sega seemed to have in the works but decided not to pay licencing for or something

Bishop89

Ape escape trilogy hd for ps4
Dragon quest 8 hd PS4 /vita
EVERY SINGLE PS1 Digimon game for psn
Timesplitters franchise PS2 ports

K and.... GO!

Strike

Okami HD PS4/Vita
Jet Set Radio Future PS4/Vita
Power Stone HD PS4
Mark of the Ninja PS4/Vita
Alien Hominid HD PS4/Vita
Psychonauts HD PS4/Vita
Snatcher HD PS4/Vita
Policenauts HD PS4/Vita

This is still a thing?

Why wouldn't it be? An event that took place as recently as December gave us Yakuza 5. This is a campaign, or whatever you want to call it, that I imagine Sony are sticking with for the long haul, since they're so dead set right now on being perceived as good guys.

sn00zer

So Ive been thinking about a few of the games people have talked about thus far

Digimon Detective- Not really sure the quality of this one as it hasnt been released....if it ends up being god gift to vita then it would be a good time to push especially with the new Digimon series coming

Anything and Everything Yakuza- This would be a good idea to push after Y5 release...vote with your wallet, Sony will have raw number from digital to decide if any of the spinoffs are worth it

HD Remasters- PS2 remakes already on PS3 would jut be redundant and wouldnt really make sense, PS3 -> PS4 HD Remasters would make more sense.

Might be a good idea to push franchises as well instead of specific games....something like "More Ape Escape", "More Valkyrie Chronicles", "More etc."

Ports:
Ghost Song: A Journey of Hope - still in development by fellow Gaffer Jobbs, but I don't think he's got the capacity to bring it to consoles at this time.
Ittle Dew

PS1/PS2 Classics:
Alundra - if I could have only one PS1 classic brought back it would definitely be Alundra, and I think it would be a great fit for the Vita. Also, use it as an opportunity to test the waters for the viability of a sequel.
Ape Escape

I'd completely forgot that this #buildingthelist was a thing, so I'll tweet Adam and Gio when I get into work.

Ryan95

I've been thinking: why not to directly tweet the link of this thread along with the #Buildingthelist hashtag in order to give Gio Corsi a better way to read all our requests in one place?

Tizoc

For the love of Shu...can we please get the Crash and Spyro games officially Vita compatible on US Vita accounts?

Also gimme dem PC Engine games that are on JP PSN, I don't care if they're in Japanese I NEED LORDS OF THUNDER ON MY VITA!
Don't make me buy another Vita for all that JP goodness damnit!

PS1/PS2 Classics:
Alundra - if I could have only one PS1 classic brought back it would definitely be Alundra, and I think it would be a great fit for the Vita. Also, use it as an opportunity to test the waters for the viability of a sequel.
Ape Escape

I'd completely forgot that this #buildingthelist was a thing, so I'll tweet Adam and Gio when I get into work.

You mean Alundra 2 right? Cuz 1's available on BOTH EU and US PSN :V
US Webstore link
UK Webstore link

You mean Alundra 2 right? Cuz it's available on BOTH EU and US PSN :V
US Webstore link
UK Webstore link

You say Alundra 2 but link Alundra 1 (aka The Adventures of Alundra in Europe)? I know Alundra is available on Vita (I bought it as soon as it became available), but I think an HD port with trophies would give the game a new lease of life and test for the viability of a sequel. I'm not even sure if it's possible to HD-ify 2D sprite visuals, is it? I'd would give a goddamn kidney for a proper follow-up with high quality 2D visuals, such as those seen in Rayman Origins, Muramasa Rebirth or Broken Sword 5.

As for Alundra 2, well... I don't talk about that. There is no Alundra 2.

Vandal Hearts 1 and 2.

Speak to Sega to get any of the Shining Force turnbased games a Shining force collection of Shining Force 1,2,3 and the Mega CD version would be fucking rad.

I'll give this a go:

Ports/Remasters
Demon's Souls
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy XII
Full Throttle
REmake (Vita)
Shenmue 1+2
Shining Force III
Skies of Arcadia
The Witcher 2

Localizations
Tales of Vesperia
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Yakuza 1+2 HD Edition
Yakuza Ishin
Yakuza Kenzan

PS1/PS2 Classics
Suikoden III (never got a PAL release, so I'd like to play it)
Vandal Hearts
Vandal Hearts 2

Tizoc

You say Alundra 2 but link Alundra 1 (aka The Adventures of Alundra in Europe)? I know Alundra is available on Vita (I bought it as soon as it became available), but I think an HD port with trophies would give the game a new lease of life and test for the viability of a sequel. I'm not even sure if it's possible to HD-ify 2D sprite visuals, is it? I'd would give a goddamn kidney for a proper follow-up with high quality 2D visuals, such as those seen in Rayman Origins, Muramasa Rebirth or Broken Sword 5.

As for Alundra 2, well... I don't talk about that. There is no Alundra 2.

It's a typo on my end, sorry, I wanted to say 1 was on PSN :p
A new Alundra adventure game would be ace though.

dracula_x

My wishlist (I've already tweeted some of them to Gio Corsi, but still):

Ports/Remasters
WipEout 2048 (PS4)
BF1943 (PS4)
Resident Evil Remake (Vita)
Okami (Vita)
Siren: New Translation
Onimusha
Patapon

Localizations
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Phantasy Star Nova

PS1/PS2 Classics
Diablo 1
Rage Racer
Tekken 3

Valkyria Chronicles 3 thread? Valkyria Chronicles 3 thread.

Though all signs point to any localization being PC exclusive at this point.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Didn't see this thread before i think, here's my take:

Ports/Remasters:
Might & Magic 6 Vita
Heroes of Might & Magic 3 Vita
Fallout 3 Vita
Some XCom/UFO/Xenonauts or similar game for Vita
Some city builder and similar games for Vita

Localizations:
Stranger of The Village of the Sword
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Gundam Breaker 2
True Night of the Kamaitachi
Damascus Gear
Lost Dimension
Legend of Heroes games
Ukyio no Shishi
Yakuza PSP games

F4r0_Atak

Ports/Remasters

1st party
War of The Monsters (change the controls, they feel outdated. Two buttons to lock-on... really??)
Patapon Collection (PS4/Vita) (Digital only if retail seems impossible)
Soul Sacrifice (make a Toukiden-style, if possible a ground-up, port on PS4)
Freedom Wars (same thing here... PS4 )
Puppeteer (PS4) (Digital only if retail seems impossible)

3rd Party
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the cursed king (on PS4, with a FFXII demo like on PS2)
Final Fantasy XII (PS4 + Vita)
Kingdom Hearts Collection 1.5 and 2.5 (bring it o Vita too) (Digital only if retail seems impossible)
Resident Evil Remake + Zero HD (bring a Vita version too!) (Digital only if retail seems impossible)
Okami (Vita) (Digital only if retail seems impossible)
Onimusha series (1,2,3 and Dawn of Dreams) (focus on PS4 version)

Localizations

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Yakuza 5 (bring the PS4 version too! I know the PS3 is coming.)
Yakuza 0 (PS3 if possible + PS4)

PS1/PS2 Classics

PS2 Classics (Vita support)
Grandia III

p.s. For me it would be more than enough with these. I want the main teams and studios to work on fresh things (whether it's an existing IP, a reboot of a forgotten IP or just a new IP).

LAA

Just tweeted some before, wish I knew about it earlier, but good idea for a topic!

Localizations:
Digimon Cyber Sleuth (Vita)
God Eater 2 Rage Burst (Vita)

Ports/Remasters:
Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 (Vita)
Mass Effect Trilogy [With dlc] (PS4)

New Titles:
GTA Vita
Final Fantasy Vita (Just something exclusive please! I think I'd just settle for a Crisis Core remake or something if I needed to, but exclusive titles could really sell it!)
Something "Dark/Demons Soul-ish" Vita, I think I would love a game like that on Vita,

Also just a comment, if theres PS3/PS4/Vita cross platform games, PLEASE enforce/encourage cross buy. I find it hard to justify buying a game twice simply because I can't choose between a superior version of the game or having it available to play portable, and usually the superior version wins, so Vita gets no love :(

Top Bottom