• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Crossdressing and Drag Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^
Dem legs mama!
Aaaah I love her, Namoi is just a beautiful little thing!

I've wanted to post before, but never got to. My apologies, OP. ;_;

No worries!
This thread is kind of dead a lot of the time, it's easy to miss and forget about.
I don't expect a thread about gender-nonconformity to be to popular on a place like GAF (even the RPDR threads are slow at times haha), but I think it's important to have a place to talk about it.

Luckily there are lots of beautiful queens to bump the thread with. hahaha

I didn't know this topic existed (no surprise on who made it, tho!), im gonna need to sub and study it.

;)
Welcome!

Dai101

Banned
Naomi Smalls from Season 8 of Rupaul's Drag Race is a fairly recent obsession of mine, she gives legs for days!

tumblr_o2v7phLW7P1s6sc4lo1_500.jpg

SrGvAEC.jpg

JqplOHD.jpg

jxTbarn.jpg

Platy

Funny this thread comes back, right as I'm dating a drag king right now. I've never been that involved with the drag scene, but I've always been fascinated by it. My SO wants to form up a drag group and has invited me to join, but I'm afraid I'm too nervous for it. XD

Drag King is something that I always felt weird.

Drag Queen has this crazy exageration to the point of absurdity of how men see women ... but Drag Kings are just ... 50's Hollywood Stars =P

Where are the HUGE beards ? Insane Packages ? Those 80's suits that makes your shoulder HUGE ? Where is the exageration to the point of absurdity ?

I feel there is a lack of potential to be explore there

PSqueak

Banned
Been reading the topic, kinda a lot of info to assimilate, im questioning if it was a good idea to look because rather than feeling encouraged i felt a bit more insecure and overally envious of all the pretty people posted and posting in here.

Seeing the recurring theme of people starting to CD in their younger days also discouraged me a bit, sure i might have tried my mom's make up and clothes a couple of times when i was a wee boy, but i never really kept at it despite wanting, social pressures and all that, makes me feel like at age 30 it's too late for me to start seriously doing, despite really really wanting to. I just don't feel pretty (and feeling pretty is what i ultimate want, i guess).

Still, i guess i should not give up, i just don't know where to really start, reading that is not advised to buy my first dress online really puts me on a difficult situation, don't think the place i live in is as accepting as to just go on my own and snoop around for dresses.

I just feel like i need a lot of guidance .-.

Been reading the topic, kinda a lot of info to assimilate, im questioning if it was a good idea to look because rather than feeling encouraged i felt a bit more insecure and overally envious of all the pretty people posted and posting in here.

Seeing the recurring theme of people starting to CD in their younger days also discouraged me a bit, sure i might have tried my mom's make up and clothes a couple of times when i was a wee boy, but i never really kept at it despite wanting, social pressures and all that, makes me feel like at age 30 it's too late for me to start seriously doing, despite really really wanting to. I just don't feel pretty (and feeling pretty is what i ultimate want, i guess).

Still, i guess i should not give up, i just don't know where to really start, reading that is not advised to buy my first dress online really puts me on a difficult situation, don't think the place i live in is as accepting as to just go on my own and snoop around for dresses.

I just feel like i need a lot of guidance .-.

Yeah, don't give up - and just ask questions. Feel free to PM too.

I think with feeling discouraged... well, no-one started out great. I look back on my first costume and clothes/outfits I did with that, nope, not good. But with time and learning about your body and style, you get better. Like I can do some pretty decent makeup - but that didn't come from nowhere at all, and at the last party I posted a pic from, pretty passable! I guess people who are more likely to post pictures are those that'll have done it longer and are happier to share.

By coincidence, there's a possibly good post in the TransGAF thread for advice on buying stuff: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215380030&postcount=11618

Otherwise, maybe start cheap, figure stuff out, be ready for it not to be right. If you an get help from a friend, incredible, but there you go.

mantidor

I wonder how many facial surgeries these profissional drags have ...

Old question but I wanted to address it :p

It seems to me that when people are attractive, in a very conventional, traditional way, they are really attractive regardless of being "gendered" so to speak, their facial structure, eyes, skin health, teeth etc, simply work very well regardless of gender, secondary characteristics like make up or hair or stubble just accentuate that beauty and resonate with you depending on your orientation.

In my experience queens with surgery usually don't look good, they are kind of... Ghastly? I don't want to be rude but you take girls like Detox or Chad Michaels and without make up they are very... Distinctive :p

dock

I was 31 when I finally plucked up courage to go all in.
Save up a little money and pay for a full body.makeover. 👍 You can do it!

Beth Cyra

Damn a Drag Thread I never knew about?

Not a cross/drag member myself but I have a few friends in my community and while I know one or two who are awful most are boss as hell.

My stylist is the president of a local Queen court and puts on weekly shows. So kind an open I adore the group.

Miss Fame is slaying me right now!

Yaaass
That mug is beat.
I wish I was a magical makeup fairy like her.

20160831_132421_1.png

My latest attempt. It's still pretty andro, but honestly, I think I like that.

Oh wow, that's great.
I don't know what the king equivalent is of "fishy" but you sure do look it in this pic;
I honestly thought you were a cis boy experimenting with foundation or something. haha

PSqueak

Banned
By coincidence, there's a possibly good post in the TransGAF thread for advice on buying stuff: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215380030&postcount=11618

Otherwise, maybe start cheap, figure stuff out, be ready for it not to be right. If you an get help from a friend, incredible, but there you go.

Oh thank you (and mollipen) for this, i definitely am going to try the target/walmart thing!

As for trying to go with a female friend, dang, i kinda lost contact with the only female friend who would might have been okay with me attempting that when i switched jobs X_x

I was 31 when I finally plucked up courage to go all in.
Save up a little money and pay for a full body.makeover. 👍 You can do it!

Well, now that's encouraging! Im actually getting soon a juicy commission from work, so i might take the shot, i sure have been thinking for a long time to get a professional full body shave/waxing for starters >.>;;;

Maybe I should emphasize this in the OP, but yeah, you're never "too old" to start expressing yourself, and there are a whole lot of folks who only started gender-bending as adults.
I think what I wanted to point out originally in the OP is that a lot of gender nonconforming people often realize they're not quite like other boys and girls when they're young; just like a lot of other LGBT+ people.

However...
...even with the head start there are a lot of gender a-typical men and boys for example (myself included) who's blooming feminine expression was squashed before they could truly learn anything fun or useful, unlike many cis women who often get to experiment and learn from older female family members without the fear of being severely scolded or ostracized.
A myriad of guys who crossdress or express themselves through drag are still struggling to keep up with cumbersome fluctuating sizes in "womens" clothing, build up the nerve to buy feminine ensembles in person, find shoes that even sort of kind of fit, and acquire makeup skills that are beyond a 14yo girl's despite having a head start.
So don't be too discouraged, go out there and express yourself.
:p

^^^
That's pretty cute Dock.

here is a Drag Queen tutorial of Overwatch's Pharah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShMUSqhxenU

It is in portuguese but I think you can understand just looking

OMG, geeky queen; she's fabulous!
That was so fun to watch <3
Fabulous Drag Queen Farrah should be a skin. haha

Man do I envy boys with legit makeup skills...

I wish I knew Portuguese because despite their being a noticeable amount of geeky queens in the English speaking community (like Jade Jolie, if I'm not mistaken) they don't really have channels where they do stuff like this.

Ambitious

Hi there! I'd like to try crossdressing, so I bought some wigs today. One question:
The hair were a bit tangled, so I combed the wigs. I was careful, but still, quite a lot of hair came off. Not a huge amount, but there was a lot of hair on the floor. I don't suppose this is normal? (The wigs are perfectly fine, you don't notice anything at all)

Ambitious

Hi there! I'd like to try crossdressing, so I bought some wigs today. One question:
The hair were a bit tangled, so I combed the wigs. I was careful, but still, quite a lot of hair came off. Not a huge amount, but there was a lot of hair on the floor. I don't suppose this is normal? (The wigs are perfectly fine, you don't notice anything at all)

Not much news since that post. I got a third wig, and now I want to buy some clothes. I'm not sure I can muster up the courage to go to an actual store, so I guess I'll get something from Amazon.

I'm gonna attend a school-themed play party next week, so I'd love to dress up as a slutty schoolgirl. Like, a red plaid miniskirt, black thong beneath, black fishnet stockings, fingerless fishnet gloves and so on. Not sure about the top yet.

Something similar to this, basically:

New-Cheap-Sexy-font-b-Halloween-b-font-Cosplay-font-b-Students-b-font-Club-Outfits.jpg

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
This might sound a bit strange, but are there such things as breast forms that are not filled with silicone gel? It sounds like they're difficult to maintain and are prone to splitting or breaking in the long run.

This might sound a bit strange, but are there such things as breast forms that are not filled with silicone gel? It sounds like they're difficult to maintain and are prone to splitting or breaking in the long run.

I've not heard of them splitting often. Decent enough ones should be fine without risk or difficulty maintaining, but if you want others, there's foam ones too. Decent structure to them, and much more lightweight. They're sometimes referred to as travel ones.

Ambitious

Not much news since that post. I got a third wig, and now I want to buy some clothes. I'm not sure I can muster up the courage to go to an actual store, so I guess I'll get something from Amazon.

I'm gonna attend a school-themed play party next week, so I'd love to dress up as a slutty schoolgirl. Like, a red plaid miniskirt, black thong beneath, black fishnet stockings, fingerless fishnet gloves and so on. Not sure about the top yet.

Something similar to this, basically:

New-Cheap-Sexy-font-b-Halloween-b-font-Cosplay-font-b-Students-b-font-Club-Outfits.jpg

Jesus, so much has changed since that post..
I bought the clothes I mentioned above, and also a white blouse. And I went out as girl for the very first time back then. People loved it so much and showered me with compliments. It changed my life.

So here I am, four months later, with a cabinet full of hot women's clothes. Corsages, stockings, thongs, gauntlets, a few gowns and so on. I even have a pair of high heels, and I'm about to buy some more this week. While I'm still an amateur, I can apply some decent but still very hot makeup. I go out as a girl frequently. However, I always dress at the clubs I go to, as I'm not yet ready to go out into the public. But I feel confident I'll muster up the courage very soon.

It's just insane how much self-confidence I get by simply dressing up.. I become a completely different person. It feels so fucking awesome.

I'd post some pictures, but I'm reluctant to post them publicly. If you're in the Letters-GAF Discord group, you can search for my name there. I posted a bunch of pictures in the chat.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I'd actually used rice in a Halloween costume years ago. Used a funnel to force rice into a pair of nylon stockings, formed them into balls, then tied them off. They actually worked reasonably well, but the nylon degrades eventually.

Edit: Whoops, brain fart. It was a rubber balloon into which I forced the rice using the funnel, then wrapped the whole thing up in a stocking. Obviously the balloon was the first thing to break eventually.

Come on now...
The RPDR thread is somewhat....sort of kind of active off season (lol), come on folks don't let this thread be dead! T.T

Anyways, for anybody that's okay with wearing fake silicone breast you should probably look into "Boobs For Queens" and order yourself a set of big perky tatas.
They're definitely expensive (like PS3 at launch back in 2006 expensive), but they always look really fuckin' good imo, especially when you hide the edges with pretty jewelry n' stuff .

Just look at Patrick Starrr using them for his fierce ass Beyoncé look:

DAMN.

Btw there are more affordable breast plates out there, but I can't remember where to find them off the top of my head. I'll look into it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom