• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Fallout 3 thread of post-apocalyptic proportions!

voltron

TenshiOni said:
Ok, I bought it but quickly canceled when I heard about the achievement glitch. Whenever I go to re-download it again, the file is still approximately 620 MB. 360 version, btw.

Has it been fixed on the NA marketplace yet? And if it has, will that MB file update or am I stuck with the glitched one because I bought it?

Achievement glitches usually just get an auto-update. I would go ahead and download it if I was you, just dont earn any achievements.

Mess around in the Wastes boosting your XP.

dgenx said:
All this problems are tempting me to wait for a retail release of broken steel, It's only like 20 days till the release ofthe first two

If youre talking 360 then there is no problem really. The GS thing is minor and will sort out very quickly.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
yeah 360 but how I'm goin to enjoy Broken Steel without achievement :/

rhino4evr

TenshiOni said:
You doubt I'll be stuck with the glitched one? or you doubt that I'll be compensated for? or you doubt it's been fixed on the NA marketplace? :lol

If you downloaded the glitched version, your game will auto-update when the patch is available. They couldnt get away with selling you something with a bug and not fixing it...........unless you own a PC.

I like the Puppies! perk but I never use Dogmeat so I guess it doesn't really matter. Perks seem rather disappointing. I think I'd rather get all the level 20 perks.

Jswanko

rhino4evr said:
For those folks that have already explored 100% of the map, I kind of feel sorry for you, but it really is your fault. You all knew that the level cap was going to be increased. Playing through the entire game at the cap was and is a waste of experience. This is more the developers fault then yours though. The level cap should have never been that low in the first place.
:lol

rhino4evr

Jswanko said:

Well it's both your faults.

The gamers fault for being impatient and not waiting and the developers fault for requiring the gamer to wait in the first place. Broken Steel should have been the FIRST DLC. not the last.

cleveridea said:
perk list follows, not sure if its considered a spoiler I can remove tag if not

Almost Perfect - All SPECIAL stats become 9 (Not sure if this will lower your 10's?)

So basically, I've been wasting a bunch of points buying "Intense Training", on my SECOND character?

Jesus FUCKING christ, this makes me not even want to finish my second playthrough, or even buy the dlc.

And the fact that the messed up the bobblehead thing is just icing on the cake.

C'mon now, if you're gonna try and expand your game through post-release updates and shit, do it right, do it the fucking Valve way...Bethesda is fucking shit up.

Edit : I mean, I don't really care about most of the perks (Shit like Bloody mess sounds fun, but I'm more interested in a complete, efficient, character) but still...I specifically made a second character to be smarter this time around, and this basically makes my whole effort a piece of shit. I would have gladly taking things like Nerd Rage or Solar Powered early on had I known about this. I might just start Fable 2 now (Haven't even TOUCHED it yet)....

xbhaskarx

Perks: I guess I'll get Nerves of Steel and Almost Perfect.
Will Puppies allow you to have Dogmeat in addition to two other followers? It not, it's pretty much useless.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
Liara T'Soni said:
So basically, I've been wasting a bunch of points buying "Intense Training", on my SECOND character?

Jesus FUCKING christ, this makes me not even want to finish my second playthrough, or even buy the dlc.

And the fact that the messed up the bobblehead thing is just icing on the cake.

C'mon now, if you're gonna try and expand your game through post-release updates and shit, do it right, do it the fucking Valve way...Bethesda is fucking shit up.

Edit : I mean, I don't really care about most of the perks (Shit like Bloody mess sounds fun, but I'm more interested in a complete, efficient, character) but still...I specifically made a second character to be smarter this time around, and this basically makes my whole effort a piece of shit. I would have gladly taking things like Nerd Rage or Solar Powered early on had I known about this. I might just start Fable 2 now (Haven't even TOUCHED it yet)....
you need to be level 30 for that perk.. so ...

Nuclear Anomaly should be fun for Melee and Unarmed characters. Nerves of Steel seems useless with Grim Reapers Sprint available. How often do you actually use VATS and not kill someone at level 20? I don't know if its ever happened to me.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Jamesfrom818 said:
Nuclear Anomaly should be fun for Melee and Unarmed characters. Nerves of Steel seems useless with Grim Reapers Sprint available. How often do you actually use VATS and not kill someone at level 20? I don't know if its ever happened to me.

For me, at least, there have still been times when I've killed someone in VATS, and I didn't get the 100% regen. Probably a bug, but I agree with you, it does seem odd.

X26

Banned
So, is BS worth it? Bought OA and was disspaointed and I didn;t buy the Pitt.

I'm 200ms pts short of 800, and would rather not run out and buy $10+ worth of pts to make up the difference if it isn't really worth it

X26 said:

I'm 200ms pts short of 800, and would rather not run out and buy $10+ worth of pts to make up the difference if it isn't really worth it
Yup. Even if the new perks are disappointing there's still 5 hours of new quests and weapons that are worth a darn.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Also, you can buy 400 point increments off the Zune website apparently, so you won't have a ton of extra points sitting around.

Jaagen said:
According to some sites, it's a error from MS this time. It seems like it's DRM related.
So I'm not gonna get fucked over some how by buying it now then? I've been sitting on the purchase button for the last hour.

For that matter, is any of the other DLC borked in anyway? I'm on 360 btw.

Jaagen

riskVSreward said:
So I'm not gonna get fucked over some how by buying it now then? I've been sitting on the purchase button for the last hour.

For that matter, is any of the other DLC borked in anyway? I'm on 360 btw.

Broken Steel on the 360 is fine, except from a few achievement bugs. The PC version doesn't work at all(some regional versions do, but the majority of PC users can't play it)

Cheech

X26 said:

The Pitt is far, far better than OA.

damn, the achievement whore in me is dissapointed to hear about the achievement glitch. Otherwise I can't wait to get home and play this. I've played through every marked quest (and some unmarked) and OA and the Pitt, so I don't know if I should start a new character or not, since i stand little chance of making it to 30 with what's left.

am I doing it wrong?

I downloaded Broken Steel, fired up my save right before the end, finished the ending, and I still can't play after the "old" ending....

?

edit; nvm Broken Steel didn't "load" for some reason the first time, finished it again and its up.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Are all achievements glitched or just the new ones?
Just new ones. If you check your achievements for Fallout 3 it should say x out of 64 achievements. If it says 58 achievements it's going to be glitched. I think it updates the achievement list after the game loads the extra content in the main menu of Fallout 3.

Cuisino

Neo Member
I checked the achievement list at xbox.com. There are 64 achievements there.

I then checked the list on my XBox. There it said 58 achievements. I then downloaded the update and it still said 58 achievements.

Didn't download BS yet though. But probably there still would be only 58 achievements after I download it, amirite?

randomwab

Downloaded Broken Steel and played it for a few hours. I got three achievements in that time, two for the first two quests and one for hacking 50 terminals.

Weird thing was that in my game summary, Fallout only had 1030 points for 58 achievements, but then when I clicked into the game, it showed 1090 for 64 achievements.

Can't believe I've somehow lost two achievements. How is that even fucking possible. They're there, but they don't show up on my overall gamescore or overall Fallout 3 score unless you actually go in and see that I have them.

I'm just hoping that unlocking another achievement in Fallout will refresh the game and they will pop up.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Wait Broken Steel is just 5 hours? I thought 5 hours was only the main quest and the sides one were like 3 hours.. I was expecting 10 hours silly me

AndyMoogle said:
Just new ones. If you check your achievements for Fallout 3 it should say x out of 64 achievements. If it says 58 achievements it's going to be glitched. I think it updates the achievement list after the game loads the extra content in the main menu of Fallout 3.
Mine says 50 out of 64 but I unlocked the first achievement so it should say 51 out 64 and add 30 points to my gamerscore for Fallout and all around but it didn't. Is this a problem they can solve with another patch/update?

there is a workaround for the PC DLC. If you were able to download it earlier, open up the download window for GFW Live and click on "history" on the dialog box on the right side of the page. You will see the Broken Steel dlc listed, and choose to redownload it. I did this and I was able to redownload and install it correctly. It works fine now

neoism

Just got done with a 7 hours play session, damn this game is fucking awesome! I played all that time and just leveled 2 levels! Got like 7 achievements, damn did I die A looot more. Played it on hard and died about 7 times, before this I only died once by accident!:lol :lol

neoism

AndyMoogle said:
BETHESDA FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME!!!!!! Mine says 58 :(

Bethesda's QA for their DLC has been atrocious. Someone (and maybe more) needs to be fired over this. Fucking up once is sometimes excusable, but between the issues GFWL users are having and now some of these X360 issues, someone's head needs to roll.

The issues with the X360 achievements is absolutely intolerable.

MattNY

Liara T'Soni said:
I might just start Fable 2 now

Only do that if you want to increase your frustration.

If you think Fallout is negating the skills of your character, wait until you hit Fable II where you can effortlessly beat the game from start to finish with the first basic attack you start the game off with.

Mrbob

This download is broken as well? Come on Bethesda. :lol

We shouldn't be paying 10 bucks an expansion to beta test this game. The 360 version is on a closed system.

Will wait for the fixed version before downloading, like I did with the pitt.

Shinjitsu said:
Yah, your right, I need to just not give a fuck about something I payed for.
As far as I know, Broken Steel works aside from the Achievements. If you didn't care about Achievements, there wouldn't be a problem. I know I certainly don't care.

EDIT: Just looked up some other bugs and apparently there are some bugs when you take back Project Purity. So now I'm a bit miffed.

hiryu

cleveridea said:
perk list follows, not sure if its considered a spoiler I can remove tag if not

Lv. 22:
Deep Sleep - Get the well rested bonus in any bed
Puppies! - new Dogmeat everytime he dies
Quantum Chemist - Every 10 Nuka colas you acquire are automatically converted into a Quantum

Lv. 24
Devils Highway - Karma is instantly set to Very Evil
Escalator to Heaven - Karma to Very Good
Karmic Rebalance - Karma to Neutral
No Weakness - All SPECIAL stats less than 5 become 5

Lv. 26
Nerves of steel - Faster AP regen
Rad tolerance - no effects from minor rad poisoning
Warmonger - All custom weapon schematics added to your inventory

Lv. 28
Party Boy - No alcohol withdrawal
Rad Absorption - Rad level decreases automatically over time

Lv. 30
Almost Perfect - All SPECIAL stats become 9 (Not sure if this will lower your 10's?)
Nuclear Anamoly - At 20 HP or less you explode and do insane damage to everything around you, including your allies

I think I will make an Intelligence 1 Character :lol and find skillbooks. I will also pick up all those cool high level original perks like Ninja, Paralyzing palm etc that I missed out on as these perks suck!

Besides nerves of steel I'm with you. I'm definitely going ninja and paralyzing palm and maxing out stealth and hand to hand.

Jamesfrom818 said:
As far as I know, Broken Steel works aside from the Achievements. If you didn't care about Achievements, there wouldn't be a problem. I know I certainly don't care.

that doesn't mean others don't care too. pointless post.

didnt Bethesda learn their lesson from the Pitt? Not downloading this until its fixed 100%.

DevelopmentArrested said:
that doesn't mean others don't care too. pointless post.

didnt Bethesda learn their lesson from the Pitt? Not downloading this until its fixed 100%.

I'm just saying that there are a lot of folks that don't care about Achievements. I can't be the only one. So a bug that affects Achievements is no sweat off the backs of a lot of people.

Jamesfrom818 said:
I'm just saying that there are a lot of folks that don't care about Achievements. I can't be the only one. So a bug that affects Achievements is no sweat off the backs of a lot of people.

I'm with you man. I'm sick of people talking about achievements/trophies. It's sad what people have turned into.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Annihilator said:
I'm with you man. I'm sick of people talking about achievements/trophies. It's sad what people have turned into.

It's sad that gamers like high scores and ways to show them off? Because that's basically what achievements are now.

You know what else is sad? People that gloat about how they have moved on from achievements and trophies.

No one gives a fuck if you care about them or not.

Top Bottom