• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Kyoufu

lol

this guy is the same dude who posted a thread about raping his ex-girlfriend and then went on to post fake harry potter spoilers (and got 6 month ban for it).

Negaiido

Kyoufu said:
lol

this guy is the same dude who posted a thread about raping his ex-girlfriend and then went on to post fake harry potter spoilers (and got 6 month ban for it).

Yeah theres 99.999999% chance that he's lying :p

I call 12 months ban for lying about this :p

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kyoufu said:
lol

whoa, what?

LiK

Kyoufu said:
lol

let's help him get banned again then :lol

lol

Take it from me (as someone who played it at Square UK last week) if he had actually played it with how hot Square is on this shit right now he'd be keeping his mouth shut. Just wait 'til Friday, which is when I believe any Western press who've played it are allowed to talk. It's our date anyway.

APZonerunner said:
Take it from me (as someone who played it at Square UK last week) if he had actually played it with how hot Square is on this shit right now he'd be keeping his mouth shut. Just wait 'til Friday, which is when I believe any Western press who've played it are allowed to talk. It's our date anyway.
Edge and OPM already did big articles on the demo

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
This game and the new tri-Ace game are the only 2 upcoming games I give a damn about on the consoles nowadays... don't know if I'd pay $60 for AC Complete, hopefully the demo gets uploaded to PSN marketplace.

BlazingDarkness said:
Edge and OPM already did big articles on the demo

...Which is probably why the rest of us have a date. Exclusives. Those guys went and played it over in Japan ages ago so they could make press and they actually got to speak to the devs. The event I was at was small, at SE's UK office, and basically just us, the SE reps and a copy of the movie with demo.

APZonerunner said:
...Which is probably why the rest of us have a date. Exclusives. Those guys went and played it over in Japan ages ago so they could make press and they actually got to speak to the devs. The event I was at was small, at SE's UK office, and basically just us, the SE reps and a copy of the movie with demo.
ah i see

JCreasy said:
oh yeah we saw those in the other thread, not been posted in here yet i dont think

3441213405_2fcb4c6a03_b.jpg

rataven

LiK said:
more chances of Cloud showing up :p
Lightning's long lost twin!! Since Nomura modeled her after him and all.

I loved Midgar. As long as Cocoon feels unique, I don't mind them reusing the aesthetic.

Shadow780 said:

the guy with the fro?

Yeah I can kind of see it. He is looking down, obviously in introspection, obviously an internal battle is raging behind his cool demeanour

Anyway, looks nothing like FFVII, it has far more of an FFX vibe for obvious reasons...

right I am out of here until I get the demo...this is one game I want experience without the spoil

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
BlazingDarkness said:
that's a bad thing?

Everything I've seen about this game makes me think Square is retreading safe ground by evoking FFVII feelings. I'm not part of the audience that was absolutely enthralled by FFVII, so to me this case of déjà-vu provokes no assumptions of familiarity, bur rather of rehash.

All I hope is that FFXIII doesn't seem like FFVII redux at the end of the day.

LiK

Regulus Tera said:
Everything I've seen about this game makes me think Square is retreading safe ground by evoking FFVII feelings. I'm not part of the audience that was absolutely enthralled by FFVII, so to me this case of déjà-vu provokes no assumptions of familiarity, bur rather of rehash.

All I hope is that FFXIII doesn't seem like FFVII redux at the end of the day.

well, yea, the whole gunblade thing is a retread already. i don't really mind if they reuse certain aspects from the old games. i just hope the story is good and not the typical cliche stuff.

Kyoufu

Regulus Tera said:
Everything I've seen about this game makes me think Square is retreading safe ground by evoking FFVII feelings.

Because they will be re-using these assets for the FFVII remake. I thought that was obvious. :/

Is there a chance of anyone passing this along for those of us that don't want to spend $75 for the Blu-ray? I'll get the NA release of AC but I still want to play the demo. If anyone is interested I could start a pass-it-along thread where we just mail it to the next person on the list once we are finished playing it.

Obviously, the mods would need to be on board to enforce perma-banning if somebody was a theiving toolbag. Or, a group of folks could chip in, buy it, and we could pass it around and then sell it off at the end to get the money back?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
LiK said:
well, yea, the whole gunblade thing is a retread already. i don't really mind if they reuse certain aspects from the old games. i just hope the story is good and not the typical cliche stuff.

:lol Touché.

I guess a good analogy would be Ocarina of Time versus Twilight Princess. One is clearly inspired by the other, but it ends up feeling diluted (despite a bit more polished) in the overall atmosphere it gives. TP's most common complaint is that it didn't try to distance itself from OoT. All I fear for is that FFXIII won't get its own identity.

...that post made more sense in my head.

Meier

The price seems absolutely absurd but I suppose FF7 AC probably costs at least $40-50 by itself in Japan on BRD so I suppose it's not as bad as it seems.

Somnia

Dark FaZe said:
Hold on whats this play as Snow or Lightning thing about? They doing something different with FF this go around?

You play from multiple character perspectives. Kinda like FF6 I'd imagine.

LiK

Meier said:
The price seems absolutely absurd but I suppose FF7 AC probably costs at least $40-50 by itself in Japan on BRD so I suppose it's not as bad as it seems.

yea, japanese blu-rays prices are insane. i'm not sure why.

Zoe

LiK said:
yea, japanese blu-rays prices are insane. i'm not sure why.

It's in line with DVD prices when the format started just as DVD prices were in line with VHS prices.

Top Bottom