• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Kirby Superstar Ultra Thread that poops on Subspace Emissary

zoku88

I really want to get this game, but I have ot conserve money this system.

I hope this doesn't become rare like Canvas Curse :(

Sciz said:
Dynablade's battle theme is now CASTLE LOLOLO, straight out of Air Ride. =D

Also, Gourmet Race has a title screen tune now. It's the unused race theme from KSS.

Gourmet Race theme is not unused. If you press the L button on the SNES version during the title screen, you'll get to see an intro movie (similar to the one in the DS version). Watch it entirely, and that theme plays at the title screen.

Is it just me, or are the sound effects freakishly loud compared to the music?

Sciz

Cow Mengde said:
Gourmet Race theme is not unused. If you press the L button on the SNES version during the title screen, you'll get to see an intro movie (similar to the one in the DS version). Watch it entirely, and that theme plays at the title screen.
:O

Twelve years on and this game keeps on delivering.

Jiggy

I just want to say real quick that between the Mega Man 2 VC release last Monday (my first time), Dragon Quest IV hitting stores last Wednesday (my first time with a remade version), Mega Man 9 yesterday, and Kirby Super Star Ultra today, this is far and away one of the greatest periods of nine days in gaming that I've ever had. ♥

Uncontestably awesome.

Anyway, KSSU. I've been playing for about three hours and beat Spring Breeze and Dyna Blade, and got all treasures in Great Cave Offensive. (And ran through Gourmet Race, of course.) I don't see how anyone can complain about length; even if I only wind up spending another hour to get through Revenge of Meta Knight, Milky Way Wishes, and the Arena, four hours would still be good length for an action platformer, and this one in particular has more replayability than most because of its variety of powers. Not to mention the new modes, since I don't have any estimate for how long those would take me.

Tangent aside, Kirby Super Star is still amazing and all my previous comments in here apply. I'm not really sure I need to go over them again in any extensive detail, but basically KSS is what you'll make of it. If you want to spam basic attacks and go through the game walking, you'll probably win, but you won't like it much. If, on the other hand, you try to use every move available and rush through the stages all the time, constantly putting yourself at needless risk for the sake of creating your own danger level, I think you'll love it. And personally, I see no reason not to abandon all notions of playing safely and cautiously, since 1-ups and health powerups are amazingly frequent.

As compared to the original SNES version, I'm a bit stunned that they switched the controls from Y/B for attacking and jumping to B/A--took a bit for me to adjust. Dashing feels slightly slower, but not significantly. I don't remember if you could do a half-jump in the original KSS, but you definitely can't do one here.

The difficulty seems to have been tweaked a bit to me, as minibosses are even easier (I killed one of them in just three uses of Stone :/), but I thought the boss of Great Cave Offensive was significantly better at taking hits than he had been before. No new powers that I've seen, but I will say that I don't remember Ice Kirby being able to use his running attack and hold it indefinitely instead of just unleashing that one quick burst, so maybe that's one moveset change. It's the only one I saw, though, and I've already played the original 19 powers.

Also, special mention to Jet for having far and away the most-improved visuals of any KSS power. Watching Jet Kirby zip around now with his B attack in the air makes him actually look dangerous, which is so welcome compared to those little air puffs he used to shoot out. The Jet Cracker attack also looks significantly bigger, and when he's hovering he's shooting out a flame instead of... well, again, air puffs.

Aeana said:
I love Jun Ishikawa's music so much.
I knew you were one of my favorite posters for a reason. :D

But yeah, I'm always sad to see Kirby reviews that don't mention music. :( It really is one of the greatest aspects of the series and one of the reasons I always come back, but outside of forums it's totally underappreciated.

Not that I expect every reviewer to love and pay attention to game music as much as I do, but when something is this wonderful--one of the SNES greats along with other soundtracks like Chrono Trigger, Lufia II, Donkey Kong Country 2, and Final Fantasy VI--it should warrant mention more often than it does.

woxel1

Aeana said:
I love Jun Ishikawa's music so much.
You know the tracks from Kirby 64, "Quiet Forest" and "Factory Investigation"? If there was a VG music hall of fame I'd petition to include these.

But as far as Super Star goes, can you get more classic than Gourmet Race?

Munin

So I bought it and as a hardcore old school KSS fan, there are some things irking me.

I played through Spring Breeze and one level of Dynablade so far, and, well...

1) Those CG cut scenes are horrible. Please don't tell me they replaced the beautiful endings of Dynablade (Kirby flying with Dynablade kids) and Meta Knight (Motorcycle) with them! If they really did, like they did in Spring Breeze...then this remake can go to hell.

2) Some of the remade graphics are hideous. Just check out the first Dynablade stage. Robbed of all its charm and atmosphere, yet it's hard to put my finger on what exactly is the culprit. Some of the graphics are just off. Wondering how many more times I'm going to experience that in the other stages.

Jiggy37 said:
As compared to the original SNES version, I'm a bit stunned that they switched the controls from Y/B for attacking and jumping to B/A--took a bit for me to adjust.

Damn, I HATED that on Squeak Squad (and Starfi 4). Really uncomfortable.

Sciz

Jiggy37 said:
As compared to the original SNES version, I'm a bit stunned that they switched the controls from Y/B for attacking and jumping to B/A--took a bit for me to adjust. Dashing feels slightly slower, but not significantly.
Good, it isn't just me, on both counts.

Jiggy37 said:
The difficulty seems to have been tweaked a bit to me, as minibosses are even easier (I killed one of them in just three uses of Stone :/), but I thought the boss of Great Cave Offensive was significantly better at taking hits than he had been before.
The bosses in general seem either normal, or slightly nerfed. The Combo Cannon in particular really is nerfed, as there aren't any platforms to raise you into the laser and the hand is a bit slower. Kracko also feels much too easy, but that could just be childhood memories of him beating me silly over and over speaking. Revenge of the King makes up for it, though.

Jiggy37 said:
No new powers that I've seen, but I will say that I don't remember Ice Kirby being able to use his running attack and hold it indefinitely instead of just unleashing that one quick burst, so maybe that's one moveset change. It's the only one I saw, though, and I've already played the original 19 powers.
No new powers at all, period. Infinite freeze is new though, yes. Jet charges faster now too. Beam's machine gun feels more spammable; I think it either activates faster or gives more hang time. Grab attacks and other tricky maneuvers (mostly Yo-Yo's Gazer Spiral) feel easier to pull off. Both of Hammer's aerial attacks are slower, and the hammer throw has a bit of a rise to it. Ninja's knives seem to throw a tad slower. And on the cosmetic side of things, Stone has a bunch of new transformations, and palette changes from abilities carry over to underwater, cannons, trolleys, and warp stars. Crash has a different visual, and Mike has rerecorded sound effects. And the star chariot can't shoot as quickly as it used to.

That should about cover it. :lol

Jiggy37 said:
But yeah, I'm always sad to see Kirby reviews that don't mention music. :( It really is one of the greatest aspects of the series and one of the reasons I always come back, but outside of forums it's totally underappreciated.

Not that I expect every reviewer to love and pay attention to game music as much as I do, but when something is this wonderful--one of the SNES greats along with other soundtracks like Chrono Trigger, Lufia II, Donkey Kong Country 2, and Final Fantasy VI--it should warrant mention more often than it does.
I've considered making an appreciation thread for the series' music before, but I'm missing most of the soundtracks for the spinoffs, and my knowledge of Kirby trivia just isn't that great anyway. I wouldn't object to a collaborative effort though. :)

woxel1 said:
You know the tracks from Kirby 64, "Quiet Forest" and "Factory Investigation"? If there was a VG music hall of fame I'd petition to include these.
Rock Star is where it's at.

Munin said:
1) Those CG cut scenes are horrible. Please don't tell me they replaced the beautiful endings of Dynablade (Kirby flying with Dynablade kids) and Meta Knight (Motorcycle) with them! If they really did, like they did in Spring Breeze...then this remake can go to hell.
They're still pretty much identical, but yeah, you're out of luck.

Jiggy

Revenge of the King is amazing in its design and in its fanservice, and I almost wish they'd done that for the whole game--but I understand they might not have been able to pull off something so awesome so consistently. Firestorm could tell you (assuming he was paying attention at the time), I had five separate moments of going "OH WOW YES PLEASE" just during the last level alone.

Kudos of the highest order! ♥

[Edit: I just want to say real quick to anyone who hasn't picked this game up yet or hasn't gotten quite so far, avoid doing the Arena before playing Revenge of the King. There's actually something that the Arena would spoil!]

On a separate note, playing Mega Man 9 and earning some of its challenges has spoiled me somewhat. :lol Every possible criticism that I could imagine being raised against Kirby Super Star--and there aren't that many--would be solved perfectly if the closest equivalent challenges from MM9 had been implemented into KSS, in the framework of the game. For example:

"Bosses don't have enough health, so I kill them before I even see all their attacks" - Asking players to try dragging a boss battle out for several minutes as in MM9 would change that. (Maybe not ten minutes, necessarily.) Some of the bosses do pretty cool things if you let them stick around a while, most notably the
RPG boss
(!), and even I think it's a shame that there's no incentive not to kill them as quickly as possible.

"Even though I have dozens of moves, I don't need to bother trying them all out" - Mega Man 9 has a wonderful challenge where you're supposed to hit a boss with every one of his powers before finishing it off. I think it'd be awesome if I was asked to defeat a boss by incorporating every attack of a single power, for each applicable power. (i.e. not Copy since that only has one attack, and not Suplex since that does too much damage to avoid killing the boss before seeing everything.) So, you know, beat a boss with every Fighter attack, every Ninja attack, etc. Hammer would be a real pain on that point, though. :p

"The game is too easy" - The challenge of going through without dying, or especially the challenge of going through without getting hit, would be nice. Kirby enemies actually have diverse powers and their placement in stages would be pretty rough if only Kirby didn't have insane amounts of health and food items weren't so widely-distributed, so trying to avoid getting hit at all... I could imagine the problems.

"I have no reason to stick to defeating enemies with Kirby's default moves of sucking things up and spitting them out" - The challenge of going through without using any of Kirby's powers would fix that. It would also make for a harder game, too.

"There's not enough replay value if you don't have anyone to play with in co-op" - Personally, I think this is so inordinately far removed from the truth that I feel silly even mentioning it, but since the IGN review claimed something to this effect, I guess by definition I have to include it in my list of "possible criticisms that I could imagine." In any case, this would be fixed in general by offering any kinds of challenges at all, or something other than high score counters and best times.

Of course, people can still impose challenges on themselves--and I do it too. But I think it'd be really nice to see it encouraged, and sometimes I can't come up with the ideas that developers can. I mean, I wouldn't have thought "hey, let's try running through a Mega Man stage without shooting anything" if Capcom hadn't tossed it out there, but when I tried it I had great fun.

I'm not saying to force people to do such things to unlock vital parts of the game, but as optional fun things to be done by people who love the gameplay but aren't sure how to get even greater mileage out of what's on tap, I think there's fantastic value in the whole model established by 360's achievements.

Munin said:
2) Some of the remade graphics are hideous. Just check out the first Dynablade stage. Robbed of all its charm and atmosphere, yet it's hard to put my finger on what exactly is the culprit. Some of the graphics are just off. Wondering how many more times I'm going to experience that in the other stages.
Hmm, I expected to not like the graphics much because I'm rather anti-change with my games and especially with my ports and remakes... But personally, I think nearly everything done here was phenomenal and a step above what had already been amazing visuals. Multiple backgrounds and foregrounds made me literally say wow. :D Most notably in any areas with water!

Sciz said:
The bosses in general seem either normal, or slightly nerfed. The Combo Cannon in particular really is nerfed, as there aren't any platforms to raise you into the laser and the hand is a bit slower.
On the bright side for the Combo Cannon, the laser hurt me even while I was in invincibility frames.

eXistor

For some reason I never really played Kirby games, though they're right up my alley. SU is on its way over as we speak, so I'm gonna make amends.

Jiggy

You know, at first I was really annoyed by the removal of
Megaton Punch
, but it turns out I only had to unlock it. That takes the number of things the SNES version of Kirby Super Star holds over the DS remake down to about two, namely slightly more difficult bosses and the Y/B button setup instead of B/A, but those are very, very much outweighed by all the extras Kirby Super Star Ultra offers. :) At least for me.

Still, if Nintendo puts KSS up on Virtual Console in November 2011 or so, when nobody's buying the remake anymore, I'll absolutely be there. Again.

Edit: Forgot a third thing: not needing to use the touch screen in Milky Way Wishes.

Also, my timing is immaculate. Just when I'd been saying that the MM9 challenges were spoiling me, I unlock
Helper to Hero
and get a totally awesome feature that I'd somehow forgotten between hearing about it and actually playing the game. :p It's not quite the same thing, but still great stuff here.

Awesome game, just finished Revenge of Metaknight last night.

However I have a question, does the incredible music sound too low?, even for the ds lite, in most games having a tv in the same room and playing the ds you could hear perfectly the game's music, but with kirby is nearly impossible, and even with headphones I think is too low.

Things are unlocked playing the great cave offensive? I unlocked Revenge of metaknight like that, but milkywishes, nor the new secret modes have been unlocked, and im more than half done in TGCO.

CoolS

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Awesome game, just finished Revenge of Metaknight last night.

However I have a question, does the incredible music sound too low?, even for the ds lite, in most games having a tv in the same room and playing the ds you could hear perfectly the game's music, but with kirby is nearly impossible, and even with headphones I think is too low.

Things are unlocked playing the great cave offensive? I unlocked Revenge of metaknight like that, but milkywishes, nor the new secret modes have been unlocked, and im more than half done in TGCO.

As someone said, try playing with the sound options. And for unlocking: maybe Mily Wisches will be unlocked after finishing TGCO? who knows ^^

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Revenge of the King and Meta Knight Ultra were great. The end of Meta Knight Ultra did throw me for a loop though.

CoolS said:
As someone said, try playing with the sound options. And for unlocking: maybe Mily Wisches will be unlocked after finishing TGCO? who knows ^^

I have used the sound options, but you can only put, mono stereo and surround.
I have tried with Surround and Stereo and you haer it the same. I dont even know why there is mono also.

lopaz

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
You know, at first I was really annoyed by the removal of
Megaton Punch
, but it turns out I only had to unlock it. That takes the number of things the SNES version of Kirby Super Star holds over the DS remake down to about two, namely slightly more difficult bosses and the Y/B button setup instead of B/A, but those are very, very much outweighed by all the extras Kirby Super Star Ultra offers. :) At least for me.

Still, if Nintendo puts KSS up on Virtual Console in November 2011 or so, when nobody's buying the remake anymore, I'll absolutely be there. Again.

Edit: Forgot a third thing: not needing to use the touch screen in Milky Way Wishes.

Also, my timing is immaculate. Just when I'd been saying that the MM9 challenges were spoiling me, I unlock
Helper to Hero
and get a totally awesome feature that I'd somehow forgotten between hearing about it and actually playing the game. :p It's not quite the same thing, but still great stuff here.

Why are the bosses more difficult on SNES, did they gimpify it? :O

edit: oh goddamit, just read the thread. Why can't they ever make a game without doing something douchey to spoil it >: (

Brannon

Yes it's time to go get me some Kirby Super Star Ul...

APPENDICITIS!!!!!

...crap.

And that's how I spent all of Tuesday. It was not awesome. But I'm back now, so now to go get Kiry Super Star Ultra!

Llyranor

"KSSU is so awesome it gave me an appendicitis" should be one of the testimonials on the box.

Anyway, my 2 copies just shipped from amazon. Yay!

Very disappointing to see that Nintendo's internal policy of watering down their 2D releases so as not to hurt kids with poor skills and self esteem problems is still going strong. In NSMB and YI DS they did this with the requisite 1-up spamming. Although IMHO YI DS compensated nicely by default with 100 pt scores still being very hard to attain and the special stages were as vicious as ever. But those were sequels, by dumbing down SS, they're messing with history. This is why I laugh with glee any time someone winces trying to get purple coins on Dreadnought and will laugh with same glee at all the casuals MM9 will hurt. >:)

If only they realized they're ruining it for kids like my little brother, who back in the day at the age of 8 (I'll never forget that summer afternoon back in '92) kept hacking away at Ganon's labrynth in Zelda 1 until he beat it. The fact it was so unrelenting only increased his satisfaction. Either most kids really do stink now or Nintendo's business sense in "respecting" the age of its younger customers is just moronic pandering that only serves to patronize kids instead of benefiting them which hurts the longevity of some of their titles. I'd vote for the latter.

OK, old school rant over. Is this still really worth getting? I don't want to sound like I'm prejudging the game too harshly. But if I'm better off (finally) ebay'ing the SNES cart I'll do it. Oh yeah, and lttp, but face punch gif to anyone hating on CC. CC = first game to legitimize the touch pad.

Jiggy

Don't worry too much about the difficulty, actually--the stuff you'll unlock after beating the original SNES material is significantly rougher than anything in the original.

...And anything in any other Kirby game, for that matter.

CoolS said:
show Nintendo we want more Kirby like this!
That reminds me. When I bought KSSU yesterday, the cashier saw the box and said something to the effect of "Wow, I didn't know they still made Kirby--crazy." I'm not sure whether I'm happy this means that somebody out there probably didn't have to suffer through Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64 or sad because Nintendo might have really dropped the ball with this series. (Though it's anecdotal, I know.)

On the bright side, the store got 40 copies in and had two separate ads for KSSU on its DS shelves, so maybe Nintendo's actually trying to push this game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
woxel1 said:

But as far as Super Star goes, can you get more classic than Gourmet Race?
Yes, ending theme to Revenge of Meta Knight is every bit as good, if not better, than Gourmet Race.

It's a shame not many people know about it though. I hope KSSU fixes that.

Sciz

Agent Unknown said:
Very disappointing to see that Nintendo's internal policy of watering down their 2D releases so as not to hurt kids with poor skills and self esteem problems is still going strong.
The rebalancing they've done with KSSU is pretty minor, honestly. Most of it is unchanged, and the few instances that are slightly easier are hardly noticeable, even if you're one of us obsessives who've played through the original many times over. The Combo Cannon is the only really obvious nerf, and even then it's pretty much the same.

Cobra84

Jiggy37 said:
As compared to the original SNES version, I'm a bit stunned that they switched the controls from Y/B for attacking and jumping to B/A--took a bit for me to adjust.
When will Nintendo learn that using B and A is the least comfortable control scheme they could think of? The thumb positioning is so damn unnatural. It even keeps me from playing GBA games on my DS.

Cobra84 said:
When will Nintendo learn that using B and A is the least comfortable control scheme they could think of? The thumb positioning is so damn unnatural. It even keeps me from playing GBA games on my DS.

This. Whoever it is at Nintendo R&D that keeps making A&B default needs a kick to the shins. Speaking of NSMB and YI, I was so relieved that they both used the B&Y scheme. I remember back before DS Lite was released, I was hoping they'd make a simple firmware update for GBA button mapping.

Anyways, thanks to Jiggy and Sciz for their reassurance. :)

Firestorm

My order shipped today. Says arrival date is October 1st... Hope it gets here before then.
Anxious to play to see what it was that Jiggy went crazy for yesterday.

I'm curious, why is this game being compared to the Subspace Emissary in the thread title?

They don't really have anything to do with each other.

Hero

Sakurai was behind both games. Smash Bros 'evolved' from the KSS control scheme (as in direction + button = unique attack) and a lot of people had hopes that SSE would've been awesome as KSS was. Turns SSE was just boring.

ccbfan

Well this game officially is ruined for me.

I got home completely excited about playing a portable enhanced port version of my favorite kirby game only to find out they messed up the controls.

I mean WTF, its a snes port and you completely switch the controls on us?

Tip of thumb for attack/shoot/(hold to run) and lower part of thumb for jump. This have been a sacred 2d platformer holding form for decades starting from SMB and now they pull this bullshit again like they did with squeak squad.

I so freakin disappointed. Probably will not buy another Nintendo platformer without first seeing if the controls are correct.

Sciz

Giard said:
Just beat ­
The True Arena
:D
I'm trying, believe me, but this is the stuff of nightmares. You get so little health, and all of the bosses take huge amounts of damage, to say nothing of their own attacks. D:

Jiggy

My completion reads 100%, but I'm not quite done with everything. :D In fact, there are exactly fifteen things I have left to do, and only one of them will be easy!

Hero said:
Sakurai was behind both games. Smash Bros 'evolved' from the KSS control scheme (as in direction + button = unique attack) and a lot of people had hopes that SSE would've been awesome as KSS was. Turns SSE was just boring.
This.

I really regret that I apparently didn't spend enough time in that Smash Bros. Brawl thread going on rants about how people need to show Kirby Super Star more respect and realize how much they owe to it, how fantastic it is, and how anyone who moderately likes Smash (which is the slower of the games!) absolutely must play KSS. I mean, yeah, I probably made like 247 posts on the subject, but I guess they got absorbed by the bulk of that thread considering how few of the old Dojo regulars I see in here. :/ Especially sad considering that KSS is far and away the better game to me.

Firestorm said:
Anxious to play to see what it was that Jiggy went crazy for yesterday.
The coolest thing is that I hadn't even reached the stuff that I really love now. ♥
Like actual difficulty. In a Kirby game! And I can even say this after beating Mega Man 9 like seven or eight times. :O

Firestorm

sublime085 said:
I'm curious, why is this game being compared to the Subspace Emissary in the thread title?

They don't really have anything to do with each other.
It's in the thread title to show that Smash Bros. has everything to do with Kirby Super Star.

Firestorm

sublime085 said:
But how? I'm confused.

:(

Is it the jumping?
Have you played Super Star and Smash Bros? Read Hero's post. Smash Bros. is just an evolution of Kirby Super Star's mechanics. Control scheme is the same. One button to jump. Direction + Attack button to do your moveset. Both games are a little floaty. Subspace Emissary is much like the Great Cave Offensive in Super Star. It's not a coincidence that Sakurai created both series.

Firestorm said:
Have you played Super Star and Smash Bros? Read Hero's post. Smash Bros. is just an evolution of Kirby Super Star's mechanics. Control scheme is the same. One button to jump. Direction + Attack button to do your moveset. Both games are a little floaty. Subspace Emissary is much like the Great Cave Offensive in Super Star. It's not a coincidence that Sakurai created both series.
That's what I was looking for, but with a little less of a condescending tone.

I guess I see the similarities, I just didn't see the point in mentioning it in the thread title.

Thanks.

Hero said:
whoops, I completely missed this post earlier
Thanks for clarifying.

And yes, SSE was boring as hell, although co-op made it bearable at least.

ANYWAY, Kirby Super Star is awesome, no?

Firestorm

Wasn't meant to be condescending. Was in a bit of a hurry when I wrote that and the overuse of periods made it sound that way.

Eternal_0

I completed KSSU yesterday. It didn't take me too long to finish most of the games (I tend to blaze through Kirby games) but I enjoyed every minute of it. The boss rush really gave me trouble, but seeing the difficulty level spike only made it more satisfying when I beat it.

Now I just have to beat Helper to Hero with each character. Playing as Buggzy is going to suck so unbelievably hard.
:lol

Since I completed the game before most of my friends, I can Co-Op with them and help them out! Hooray for replay value! :D

Edit: Oh, and I almost forgot to ask:
is it just me, or did other people notice that the move set for the rock boss (I forget its name at the moment) is almost exactly the same as Master Hand? Also, the Jewel version of it has similarities to Crazy Hand.
Sorry if someone said that earlier, but when I realized it my mind was blown. I don't know why it didn't click sooner, but it just shows how much influence KSS had on the SSB series as a whole.

Jiggy

sublime085 said:
And yes, SSE was boring as hell, although co-op made it bearable at least.

ANYWAY, Kirby Super Star is awesome, no?
If you're anything like me, the reason SSE sucked for you (well, it was immensely disappointing to me, but it definitely didn't hit the realm of boring and I did play through it three times) is probably that it was just way too slow for an action platformer. The characters were designed to be used in the core fighting game, so various attacks had startup lag or ending lag, generally adjusted around based on how much damage they'd deal, in an attempt to create some semblance of balance. And the characters' movement speed also wasn't particularly fast.

Kirby Super Star dodges all that because it doesn't have to worry about competitive multiplayer. Kirby's the only character and so he runs really fast. And nearly all the attacks are instantaneous to start up and instantaneous to finish, so it's a blast and a joy and a delight to play every time.

In short, yes, it's definitely awesome. ♥

Eternal_0 said:
Now I just have to beat Helper to Hero with each character. Playing as Buggzy is going to suck so unbelievably hard.
:lol
His throws actually do loads of damage between all his usual head stomping. You just have to grab the enemies' projectiles and throw them back into the boss.

Man, I was always scared of this one in a way because of the "multiple mini game" stuff but if it's an awesome Kirby platformer then I'm in.

MUST BUY TOMORROW.

I'll get Squeak Squad too while I am at it.

Eternal_0

Jiggy37 said:
His throws actually do loads of damage between all his usual head stomping. You just have to grab the enemies' projectiles and throw them back into the boss.

I forgot that I could do stuff like that! It's been so long since I've been able to use that ability effectively against bosses.

Also, I laughed so hard when I placed a bomb on top of a bomb dropped by Main Cannon No. 2's hand. :lol That has to be one of the funniest things in a Kirby game to date. Now I can put a bomb on almost anything, and having that knowledge feels great. :D

Top Bottom