• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Muramasa: The Demon Blade Thread of Japanese-tastic 2D Tentacle Action!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So I noticed that when I started the game again with Kisuke, all the swords that I made and earned with Momohime didn't pop up in the sword tree. I wasn't expecting to access those swords I had made with Momohime, but I was sort of surprised that it looked like I needed to craft all the swords again. Do the swords get shared between both characters when you beat the game with both, or do I need to craft all of the swords with both characters?

Giolon

ZealousD said:
So I noticed that when I started the game again with Kisuke, all the swords that I made and earned with Momohime didn't pop up in the sword tree. I wasn't expecting to access those swords I had made with Momohime, but I was sort of surprised that it looked like I needed to craft all the swords again. Do the swords get shared between both characters when you beat the game with both, or do I need to craft all of the swords with both characters?

Once you beat the game with both, all the swords become shared. So if you craft a sword with one, the other will have it. You should also notice that "num swords" stat on your save file (and I believe on your Abilities page?) continues to go up from where it was on your first character.

Hmm, perusing the thread seems to indicate that I'm not (totally) crazy when it come to Vanillaware games as most people seem to be enjoying it as much as I enjoyed the import version. Playing through it again with the domestic release on Shura has really been a trip for me because the story is much better than I was expecting (I really love what's going on in Momohime's scenario especially) and the difficulty is just perfect :D

I'm starting to think I'm not going to make it past the chimera without dropping down to Muso though :(

vareon

Just played it about 5 hours and enjoyed it. The repeated backgrounds kinda get in the way, though, and Muso mode is too easy (though it's not really a concern since the game allows to switch difficulty level anytime).

A question, though. I see some blades can only be forged when both characters reach the same blade level or whatever that hierarchy was called. Does this mean I have to keep playing them in parallel to obtain all the swords?

gokieks

vareon said:
A question, though. I see some blades can only be forged when both characters reach the same blade level or whatever that hierarchy was called. Does this mean I have to keep playing them in parallel to obtain all the swords?

After you beat both character's stories, they share blades and then you can start obtaining and forging the ones that require blades from both stories as pre-requisites.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
HOLY SHIT @ THE "TOTAL PANDEMONIUM" CHALLENGE SHINE

I never thought it was going to fucking end! So worth it though. Gained like 30 levels and the item you get at the end is soooo overpowered.
You no longer lose soul power, whether on secret arts or deflecting attacks

vareon

Just beat it with Kisuke. Kinda disappointed that
Kisuke and Momohime's story didn't really intersect apart from a few characters and the onsen meeting

Resting a bit before continuing Momohime's now. So the white barriers can only be opened when both characters' storyline are finished, eh?

@tenbatsu
dammit sorry I messed up :(

Mr_Brightside said:
made a desktop cropped from this

24vt9ch.jpg

looks delicious, so i hosted it in case anyone else wants it. beware... my screen res is 2048x1280 so it may take another sizing down for your monitor
http://www.mediafire.com/?2jwnhmjzmzy

will probably drop it in the october desktop thread as well : ]

So yeah I will most likely be getting this for my birthday. Can't wait to play it. Anyway I'm glad to see that it's not getting a lot of hate like a certain other Vanillaware game.

Flying_Phoenix said:
So yeah I will most likely be getting this for my birthday. Can't wait to play it. Anyway I'm glad to see that it's not getting a lot of hate like a certain other Vanillaware game.

You just could not resist, could you?

P90

I pre-ordered the game, but was only able to start playing last night. Excellent game so far, about 2 hours in. Stunning visuals. Fun gameplay. More games like this need to be made for the Wii.

What is the "best" sword forging path?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
about the ending.

Momohime's Ending #1

this game most shitty ending imo ,
Momohime to be a nun ? and Jinkuro saved her just because he was using her body ? meh

Momohime's Ending #2

best ending in the game
awesome that she is now has Jinkuro Izuna powers and travel to discover her past , nice touch on Oboro name , but killing Kisuke was pointless and it don't fit the timeline for Kisuke's story at all.

Momohime's Ending #3

I wasted fucking 6 hours forging swords and fighting for this shit ,
Yukinojyo is now evil and killed old Jinkuro and Momohime has 3 kids , fuck you writers , all of you.

Kisuke's Ending #1

Sweet and happy ending , like Momohime's Ending #2 but
unlike Momohime Kisuke didn't restore his memories at all

Kisuke's Ending #2

oh so
Torahime is Momohime sister ?
thank you game for telling me this now , but it's all right ending
Momo and Kisuke are Muramasa blade hunter , and the only ending with Momo and Kisuke together , like the two at hot springs , sad about Torahime

Kisuke's Ending #3

well
but at least Torahime still alive and waiting for Kisuke to bang her , older Kisuke after the credits look so sexy.

Momohime 2nd ending and Kisuke 3rd are the best , overall Story wise , Kisuke story was way better than , since there was more stuff going than just Jinkuro want to kill stuff and new host , but yeah compared to Odin sphere , the story is shit.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Flying_Phoenix said:

sorry , but no one can hate Odin Sphere.

and no Grim Grimoire that piece of shit don't exist , people just Imagined that Vanillaware can make some shitty game.

vareon

Totobeni said:
about the ending.

Momohime's Ending #1

this game most shitty ending imo ,
Momohime to be a nun ? and Jinkuro saved her just because he was using her body ? meh

Momohime's Ending #2

best ending in the game
awesome that she is now has Jinkuro Izuna powers and travel to discover her past , nice touch on Oboro name , but killing Kisuke was pointless and it don't fit the timeline for Kisuke's story at all.

Momohime's Ending #3

Yukinojyo is now evil and killed old Jinkuro and Momohime has 3 kids , fuck you writers , all of you.

Kisuke's Ending #1

Sweet and happy ending , like Momohime's Ending #2 but
unlike Momohime Kisuke didn't restore his memories at all

Kisuke's Ending #2

oh so
Torahime is Momohime sister ?
thank you game for telling me this now , but it's all right ending
Momo and Kisuke are Muramasa blade hunter , and the only ending with Momo and Kisuke together , like the two at hot springs , sad about Torahime

Kisuke's Ending #3

well
but at least Torahime still alive and waiting for Kisuke to bang her , older Kisuke after the credits look so sexy.

Momohime 2nd ending and Kisuke 3rd are the best , overall Story wise , Kisuke story was way better than , since there was more stuff going than just Jinkuro want to kill stuff and new host , but yeah compared to Odin sphere , the story is shit.

Wait there's three ending to each character? D: How do you get that?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Finally found a copy; holy crap, this is some good shit.

Of course, I was forwarned to play it on Shura to get the real game; so it seems to have plenty of content and substance in this mode.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
vareon said:
Wait there's three ending to each character? D: How do you get that?

for the 2nd ending equip Tamanoo and Tsukiotoshi swords before the last boss ( you must beat the last arc/story with both Momo and the Smurf ) for 3rd you must have the 2nd ending with momo and the Smurf again then equip Oboro Muramasa before the last boss with each character ( you will need to forge/unlock all the swords for that final sword ) .

daemonic

Banned
Mr. Spinnington said:
made a desktop cropped from this

24vt9ch.jpg

looks delicious, so i hosted it in case anyone else wants it. beware... my screen res is 2048x1280 so it may take another sizing down for your monitor
http://www.mediafire.com/?2jwnhmjzmzy

will probably drop it in the october desktop thread as well : ]

Nice, I needed a new desktop badly.. and of course thanks to Mr_Brightside for posting the hq original.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Flying_Phoenix said:
I was just kidding. Lighten up.

Vanillaware is serious business :mad:

demonix69 said:
Nice, I needed a new desktop badly.. and of course thanks to Mr_Brightside for posting the hq original.

I want giant octopus random battle Dolphin's 720p screen grap to use for my desktop , but I still haven't Found what I'm looking for yet so I am still with this :(

Solune

Totobeni said:
Momohime's Ending #3

I was inclined to think this is the best ending actually. If I understood the ending correctly that is.
I was under the impression that Jinkuro being the badass that he is, successfully used the Oboro Soul Transfer technique and managed to take over Yukinojyo's body so that he could bang Momohime countless times woot.
Anyone else have opinions on this ending?
I'm not inclined to say Totobeni is wrong but, I think it's implied because Yukinojyo or Jinkuro in this case calls his style "Izuna" style which is his surname which makes sense.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Solune said:
I was inclined to think this is the best ending actually. If I understood the ending correctly that is.
I was under the impression that Jinkuro being the badass that he is, successfully used the Oboro Soul Transfer technique and managed to take over Yukinojyo's body so that he could bang Momohime countless times woot.
I'm not inclined to say Totobeni is wrong but, I think it's implied because Yukinokyo or Jinkuro in this case calls his style "Izuna" style which is his surname which makes sense.

i think it was very clear ,
servants said they found the Ronin( Jinkuro )'s dead body near the castle , so it's clear that Yukinokyo killed Jinkuro and stole his powers/style ( well Jinkuro was very sick in his real body so Yukinokyo take advantage of that )

but I am interested in hearing other people opinions/theories on Momo 3rd ending too. :) , and I wonder if there is a sequel for this game ( unlikely ) which will be the canon one.

Solune said:
I'm not inclined to say Totobeni is wrong but, I think it's implied because Yukinokyo or Jinkuro in this case calls his style "Izuna" style which is his surname which makes sense.
This is what happened, almost certaintly. Why would he claim to want to surpass the old style if
that was actually Yukinojo and not IZUNA Jinkuro?

Totobeni said:
servants said they found the Ronin( Jinkuro )'s dead body near the castle , so it's clear that Yukinokyo killed Jinkuro and stole his powers/style ( well Jinkuro was very sick in his real body so Yukinokyo take advantage of that )

There's nothing in the story to suggest that Yukinojo had that sort of ability. Knowing what the Oboro style is leads to what Solune suggests.

TunaLover

radiantdreamer said:
Suuuuuh-weeeeeeet.

Is there even higher res artwork? A lot of them are pretty low res.

I couldn´t find those, I remember having seen higher resolution character art (the white background ones), will check it out, if you find it first don´t doubt post it =P

gokieks

JosM88 said:
It seems like the hype has fallen flat on it's face.

Is no one else playing the game?

Despite any amount of hype, it's still a niche game, and those who like it have probably all finished it by now.

Giolon

JosM88 said:

I'm still playing it. I am working on getting the rest of the swords and leveling up for the final endings. Still love it too!

Giolon said:
I'm still playing it. I am working on getting the rest of the swords and leveling up for the final endings. Still love it too!

I haven't played as much as I'd like myself, but my week has consisted of just beating MGS2, Uncharted, and Muramasa for the first time in the last 2 weeks so I guess my lack of play is justified.

gokieks said:
Despite any amount of hype, it's still a niche game, and those who like it have probably all finished it by now.

I'm pretty aware of that, and it makes me feel a bit dumb for asking the question, but I would love to see the game get a little more attention/exposure. I suppose it's just the usual thing here at GAF.

P90

JosM88 said:

I haven't had much time to play any games of late. Wife, kids, work, yoga, and music come before game time. My Muramasa playing will be hit and miss for a while.

My nephew wants to battle me, so I need to get my Pokemon team developed and leveled up in Platinum. I'm a legendary conisseur and only one legendary is allowed. The nephew gets to pick the rules. So, do I put his entire party to sleep and siphon their life and pummel them while they are helpless with Darkrai or grossly overpower them with Arceus? The other members of my team will be defense-oriented with status and healing moves aplenty. Whirlwind, roar, spikes, and stealth rock will greet my nephew multiple times. I love to frustrate opponents and take them out of their strategy. :)

Also, I should be picking up my new Taylor tomorrow. I'll be strummin' my six-string, outside my front porch swing, smell of shrimp a beginnin' to boil...

SaintZ

I'm done with Momohime's chapter for now. The final boss was kinda meh. I feel the
pig/giant demon with the big foot
was the hardest boss of her story. The
giant thunder bitch
and her
brother
reminded me of the weather frogs from TLoZ: The Windwaker.

As for Kisuke, so far I've beaten the
Miko girl with the crows.. Sayo?

I'm kinda sad, I was looking forward to the fight with
the giant octopuss
in Momohime's story but I guess I need to wait until I'm able to break the white barriers to fight it, am I right?

Giolon

SaintZ said:
I'm kinda sad, I was looking forward to the fight with
the giant octopuss
in Momohime's story but I guess I need to wait until I'm able to break the white barriers to fight it, am I right?

Nope, it's a secret boss.
You have to go fishing, and sometimes the Giant Sea Bonze will appear instead of the fishing minigame.

SaintZ

Giolon said:
Nope, it's a secret boss.
You have to go fishing, and sometimes the Giant Sea Bonze will appear instead of the fishing minigame.
I didn't even know there was a finishing minigame :lol Thanks a lot, pal!

Got the hang of everything in the game and now on Mission 7. Amazing game, maybe my GOTY this year. So rewarding and epic. Love the Japanese voice track. What a special gem this is.

On a side note the Wii has been giving me the best gaming this year with Punch Out, Mad World, Muramassa, Contra etc. When a good game comes out on the Wii it is amazing for the most part.

TunaLover

I beat Momohime chapter, midway on Kisuke chapter, I must say that Kisuke story is more engaging, the battle with
Torahime
was just mind blowing, the girl is made of pure win. Yeah way better than that wussy Momohime :lol

radiantdreamer said:
I haven't even cracked open the shrink wrap yet! This game has died a pretty early death. :\

I wouldn't be so sure. The thread itself has nearly 40K views, and there are people in the last page who would update later on as the game is fairly long. I think we'll see this thread hit at least 1K posts.

P90 said:
I haven't had much time to play any games of late. Wife, kids, work, yoga, and music come before game time. My Muramasa playing will be hit and miss for a while.

I can see you've been very busy. I like the fact that you at least spend your leisure time doing the things you enjoy unlike most of GAF where people just spend their extra time trolling, and arguing.

P90 said:
My nephew wants to battle me, so I need to get my Pokemon team developed and leveled up in Platinum. I'm a legendary conisseur and only one legendary is allowed. The nephew gets to pick the rules. So, do I put his entire party to sleep and siphon their life and pummel them while they are helpless with Darkrai or grossly overpower them with Arceus? The other members of my team will be defense-oriented with status and healing moves aplenty. Whirlwind, roar, spikes, and stealth rock will greet my nephew multiple times. I love to frustrate opponents and take them out of their strategy. :)

You're like the coolest uncle I've ever known. I've been wanting to get back into handheld gaming since the new Gold, and silver came out. It's fantastic that you are sharing such an awesome hobby with your family. I can officially say for the first time that I am envious of someone else.:lol

P90 said:
Also, I should be picking up my new Taylor tomorrow. I'll be strummin' my six-string, outside my front porch swing, smell of shrimp a beginnin' to boil...

I don't even know someone with a porch swing:lol , but I do love me some shrimp.

Top Bottom