• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official PC vs Consoles Thread.

Hotspurr

Banned
PC is better if you have the money and time to upgrade, overclock and optimize.
Console is better if you just want something that works where you don't have to mess with the settings to get the performance just right. Also HDR, easier to set up near TV, and the interface is generally much better than Steam Big Picture. Console games also have resale value if you buy physical.

As for hardware, console is better bang for your buck. Having a closed system means devs can squeeze more performance out so a similar spec GPU on PC will be inferior to the one on console.

With how things are going though, PC may make more sense as the consoles are getting a mid generation (~4 year) refresh. It may make more sense to invest in a good PC once the raytracing and SSD hardware is on par with consoles (as it seems they will have some advantage to start), and upgrade from there. The other thing is it will be interesting to see what next gen graphics will bring, so far I'm not particularly impressed, the cinematics looks nice, sure, but once you're in gameplay it's becoming harder and harder to discern graphical improvements due to often being far from the character and environmental models.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Consoles have more "Console defining" games than PC has "PC defining" games.
giphy.gif

diffusionx

Gold Member
Since the original Xbox consoles have adopted so many features that originated on PC... and every gen has become more PC-like than the one that preceded it... if that isn't proof positive of what the PC has brought to gaming over the decades and what it offers nothing will.

IMO, the advantages to consoles just aren't there anymore. If you bought a PS4 for "the exclusives" you got maybe 10-15 games over six years. Great games, must-play even, but compared to what you got on PS2, PS3, or Xbox 360, it's not much. Virtually everything is on PC these days, the games will work on whatever hardware you own going forward, they look better, you can play the way you want to (e.g. every game at 60fps+), and with the mid-generation refresh consoles, I don't even think the cost advantages are there anymore. I think any gamer who doesn't at least consider going PC next gen is not doing their due diligence.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Do you guys intentionally ignore the big difference in prices? What's easier, buying a ready plug and play $400-500 console, or a shittyass PC for the same price, that's not plug and play and needs a lot of fiddling with? It's obvious what most would go for.

Ask your bosses at Walmart for some extra hours, maybe then you might be able to afford a decent spec shittyass PC.

And I'm always here if you need help switching on a monitor or plugging a keyboard into a usb port if the fiddling is too much for you.

Last edited:
Ask your bosses at Walmart for some extra hours, maybe then you might be able to afford a decent spec shittyass PC.

And I'm always here if you need help switching on a monitor or plugging a keyboard into a usb port if the fiddling is too much for you.
That's a bit disrespectful...

If this makes you feel good. 👏... 👏... 👏

Armorian

Banned
Pay 3 grand and the best looking games are still the playstation exclusives.

I dont want to change the artist vision with mods, and i dont want to fiddle with settings. I like games being tailored for the hardware i own.

But with you are locked to 30fps or sub 30fps experience in many games with bad frame pacing (looking at you From), and you are unable to disable shit like chromatic abberation (From again, part of "artist vision"). And some PS exclusives will be ported to PC.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Pay 3 grand and the best looking games are still the playstation exclusives.

I dont want to change the artist vision with mods, and i dont want to fiddle with settings. I like games being tailored for the hardware i own.

They're not though. PC games at the settings I play them at (1080ti/3700x) look better and run at a faster frame rate. And obviously those PS4 games would look and run way better on my PC, if that option was available.

Last edited:
A lot of people buy a PC or laptop anyway for browsing the internet, office applications etc. If you take the money you would've spent on a cheap computer, and add onto that the money you would spend on a gaming console + online subscriptions, you can easily build a gaming PC that will last the entire generation.

Your games will look and run better, at a lower price, and all it takes is a small bit of dedication and learning. For a lot of people I think it'd be worth it.

S77

Guys when you use "pc" as in "game x performs better on pc than on whatever console" please state the exact hardware configuration of that pc, otherwise it might be a bit confusing and whoever reads might think that you are talking about their pc, or my pc, or Santa Claus's pc. There are millions of configurations and the ones that are in the same price range as consoles are a literal joke. My pc was 4 times the price of a console and it definately doesn't run or look 4x better than on a current-gen console, not even 2x, and in some dogshit optimized games (like RDR2, Jedi Fallen Order and NFS Heat) it's perfoming literally worse than an Xbox One X.

Honestly the keyphrase for pc gaming should be "Diminishing Returns", just like every console has their catchprase, this one is by far the best fit.

Ellery

I have both (consoles that have good exclusives and a pretty high end gaming PC).
I like both
I see the advantages both come with. Consoles are great because they create an extremely easy entry for many people so they can spend money on games that would otherwise not have happened if only PC gaming existed and that money is used to create new games. People that are not tech savvy, even though it is quite easy to get into PC gaming.
If people want the ease of use and just connect the power and hdmi cable and game then that is completely fine.

On the other hand PC gaming has a lot of advantages including much better prices, a library that is 10 times as big as any console, always full backwards compatibility with all games you buy, your multiplat games will always look the best and you have new features that consoles have to wait for until a new generation comes out, possibility to use any input device you want, any racing wheel, any VR headset, any controller, mouse, keyboard, touchpad, whatever. And many other things
Not everything is perfect on PC though. Some people have genuine difficulties with installing easy things and fail to do so and get upset.
And the biggest differences are the exclusive games. It is the reason I buy a console. One has to admit that when talented people work on a game for one specific set of hardware then they can create magic. Just look at what Naughty Dog can do. Who knows if Naughty Dog were around if only PC gaming existed? Maybe their games would have flopped and they never created TLOU or other games.

I enjoy both. When I sit at my desk I love playing maxxed out games on my 1440p 144hz monitor with Mouse and Keyboard with stunning graphics (and sometimes even RTX), but I also love playing card games or other genres that are hard to play on console. Like RTS games are much better with mouse and keyboard or MMO games like World of Warcraft. And I can watch streams or surf whilst doing so.
But I also love sitting on my couch or laying in bed and just being completely immersed in a story focused AAA single player game and not have a care for anything in the world on a console.

Last edited:
The game was designed to run on consoles with 5.6 gb of ram, the base code and all the assets are designed around 5.6 gb doesnt matter if your pc can simulate global warming it wont make 5.6gb of assets look significantly better itll simply add a bit of shine with resolutions and send that 5.6gb on screen faster with fps that is all.
What is "simple" to you is big to me... And that's ok. The point was that there is/can be a difference. Like this...

And this, along with higher fps/resolution made all the difference that I and others like me needed to invest into PC. Not to mention all the other reasons one gets a PC like mods, aspect ratio etc if the devs allow them...

Witcher 3
49454910721_b71e44263d_o.png

49478663881_d7a964817c_o.png

Skyrim
25378394499_6ef0511a45_o.png

With the power of next gen PC/console gpu's with even better RTX features along with all of the other techniques that will come with next gen it's only going to get better... For owners of everything! That should be a reason for celebration, not to put up our walls.

Like I said before, if you want to subjectively argue what you think the breadth of that difference will be then that's fine and I think it would be interesting if people could do it in a polite way because we are all interested in tech. But you can't argue that there objectively wouldn't be a difference.

IMO The problem here is that people are arguing from an emotional standpoint and it's harming their ability to be objective. It's understandable why someone would feel the need to do that with the potshots from both sides but still if we all try to step back and be more mature, understanding and supportive to one another about our cllective hobby I think we could all grow from it instead of letting it divide us.

Romulus

Consoles have more "Console defining" games than PC has "PC defining" games.

That's where I stand. Regardless if they would play better on pc, alot of them just aren't available.

PC VR is has the edge here though. Several badass VR exclusives you can't play on psvr. Although psvr has a great catalog.

Its odd to me that PC VR has better exclusives than normal PC gaming.

Last edited:
I think 21:9 is one of the biggest reasons to play on PC right now, I went ultrawide few years back and I will never come back. Few months ago I just changed my old 29" LG to 34" LG with Freesync.

Nioh 21:9:

nioh2020020219203374.png

UI is limited to 16:9 in this game but you can still see much more on the screen.
21:9 or larger was one of the biggest improvements to gaming and for movie content for me. I could never go back to 16:9, you couldn't force me to with a gun to my head. Even 60fps feels laggy to me. I feel like it's cool to like what you like, but it's crazy to think consoles are better than pc. I don't mind people preferring console to pc, but to say it's superior and better graphics is just outright, wrong.

What is "simple" to you is big to me... And that's ok. The point was that there is/can be a difference. Like this...

And this, along with higher fps/resolution made all the difference that I and others like me needed to invest into PC. Not to mention all the other reasons one gets a PC like mods, aspect ratio etc if the devs allow them...

Witcher 3
49454910721_b71e44263d_o.png

49478663881_d7a964817c_o.png

Skyrim
25378394499_6ef0511a45_o.png

With the power of next gen PC/console gpu's with even better RTX features along with all of the other techniques that will come with next gen it's only going to get better... For owners of everything! That should be a reason for celebration, not to put up our walls.

Like I said before, if you want to subjectively argue what you think the breadth of that difference will be then that's fine and I think it would be interesting if people could do it in a polite way because we are all interested in tech. But you can't argue that there objectively wouldn't be a difference.

IMO The problem here is that people are arguing from an emotional standpoint and it's harming their ability to be objective. It's understandable why someone would feel the need to do that with the potshots from both sides but still if we all try to step back and be more mature, understanding and supportive to one another about our cllective hobby I think we could all grow from it instead of letting it divide us.

That isnt a big difference the base assets are the same as consoles reflections on corridors in control and raytraced shadows in modern warfare isnt a big difference, the real console vs pc difference was when the 360 and ps3 with sub 720p really couldnt compare to pc not nowadays and even more when ps5 and series x come out itll be even harder to convince people to invest in pcs when 4k gaming will be the norm on consoles.

If theres anybody emotional here its pc fans crying and shouting loud about how their 2000$ pcs are better than consoles simply because of a raytraced puddle, this is extrememly kidish and emotional.

And to add insult to injury when the ps5 and series x come out with ssds soldered to the gpus and 24gb vram youll probably need to scrap your 2080 and ur current setup for nvidias 3080 gpus which will cost you another 2000$ just to keep up with the demand of next gen gaming cause pc games by 2021 will require 16-20gb cards for a start and thats not even considering ur ssd speeds and ultra graphics by that time so suit yourself, goodluck

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am 30. Had many many computers since I was 7. So that's 23 years of pc gaming. Had 360 for last gen and ps4 this gen too.
2019 I've finally upgraded my 2500k build (which at the end of it's life had 1060, ssd only, fractal case etc) to https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TGBK27 (Just g2, not g3 psu and fw minor additions)
What I am trying to say is that pc gaming is incredibly expensive and do not believe those "oh you can buy 500usd pc that beats ps4". Well no shit sherlock, ps4 is out for 7 years and 500$ pc will still have many drawbacks and will kinda suck.
For me, I want pc that looks nice, is quiet, cool and reasonably fast but I don't need cutting edge 2080ti.
My pc alone was around 2k usd without peripherals. And I have "only" rtx 2070 in it, no watercooling/aio and generally nothing crazy really.
Just a good pc. That said - You can probably get great 1080p rig for about 1k usd if You just want it to be functional and reasonable. But You will not have latest and greatest parts.

Ps4 slim was 200usd and serves me fantastically. I never had problem having console for exclusives and pc for multiplats.
I've played many games on ps4 and love it. Don't have any problems with graphics, framerate or anything. It's a seamless plug and play experience. Same with 360 - I've had it last generation alongside my pc and I've still played more games on 360 probably because pc ports were fucked back then and many games were timed exclusives to consoles.

Maybe I am a falling pc gamer who should let go finally but I went full out on this pc as I wanted to give pc gaming another solid, fair chance. I play on pc my whole life and finished 100x more games on pc than consoles but also spent way more on hardware.
That and issues.. THERE ARE ALWAYS ISSUES with pc gaming, drivers, compatibility and ports. There is a reason why pcgamingwiki is bookmarked in my browser. Almost every game requires a little bit of tweaking at least. Maybe I am too demanding on perfection.

At the end of the day - I can play freesynced, 58fps locked, 4k, max graphics games with no stutter, tearing and in a perfect way. At the same time, I've put tons of hours in ps4 bloodborne and never had problem with how it played. I just wished it was 4k because of terrible aliasing.
I even had 240hz gsync monitor and sole dit for 4k60. Freesync/gsync in my opinion is AMAZING and much much more important than high refresh rate. I like nice, sharp graphics so 4k freesync is excellent for me.
Anyway - no reason pc gamer cannot have a nice cheap ps4 for exclusives. People get way too hung up on high framerate. 240hz, 144hz, I've had it all and never had problem switching to 30fps console game and enjoying it.

That isnt a big difference the base assets are the same as consoles reflections on corridors in control and raytraced shadows in modern warfare isnt a big difference, the real console vs pc difference was when the 360 and ps3 with sub 720p really couldnt compare to pc not nowadays and even more when ps5 and series x come out itll be even harder to convince people to invest in pcs when 4k gaming will be the norm on consoles.

If theres anybody emotional here its pc fans crying and shouting loud about how their 2000$ pcs are better than consoles simply because of a raytraced puddle, this is extrememly kidish and emotional.

And to add insult to injury when the ps5 and series x come out with ssds soldered to the gpus and 24gb vram youll probably need to scrap your 2080 and ur current setup for nvidias 3080 gpus which will cost you another 2000$ just to keep up with the demand of next gen gaming cause pc games by 2021 will require 16-20gb cards for a start and thats not even considering ur ssd speeds and ultra graphics by that time so suit yourself, goodluck
Do you even realize 4k PC is not even in the same ballpark as consoles. 4k on pc is touted as native 4k, with all settings on ultra, aiming for 60fps, in the highest Fidelity. Console 4k only means checkerboard rendering, with low to medium quality, and at an abysmal 30fps Max, with dips into the 20fps. Consoles will never have the upper hand to pc's.

It's really dismissive to downplay pc's in the manner than you are approaching others with. You cannot achieve that kinda quality as seen on the game, Control, in consoles. It's literally a game that drops well below 30fps, without raytracing or all of the Fidelity of pc's graphics. I play the game with all RTX settings enabled, ultra quality, at 100fps minimum,.

Armorian

Banned
21:9 or larger was one of the biggest improvements to gaming and for movie content for me. I could never go back to 16:9, you couldn't force me to with a gun to my head. Even 60fps feels laggy to me. I feel like it's cool to like what you like, but it's crazy to think consoles are better than pc. I don't mind people preferring console to pc, but to say it's superior and better graphics is just outright, wrong.

There are objectively two things better on consoles: system wide implementations of trophy/achivment systems and way less online cheaters compared to PC. Everything else is worse :)

There are objectively two things better on consoles: system wide implementations of trophy/achivment systems and way less online cheaters compared to PC. Everything else is worse :)
Steam has achievements, but I agree, consoles implementation is better. And cheaters are found everywhere, from consoles to pc. I can't really say which is worse, as we experienced COD MW cheaters in console lobbies everywhere on console. Many games have anti cheat and are fast to ban cheaters or patch things on pc. So it can go both ways as far as cheaters go.

Respectfully... you don't get to tell me what is and isn't a big enough difference... to me. I can and have used my own eyes. I can tell the difference all on my own comparing consoles irl to pc irl and it is enough for me.

I literally just called for us to come together as a community and this is your takeaway? The only emotion that I feel at the moment is legit sadness...

And ray tracing wasn't the only reason that I gave as the deciding factor man.

I mean, I've been wisely planning ahead and saving up little by little since I got my 1080 years ago so I'm good for getting the best card that launches for my use case. Lots of us do it that way. I'm all set in every other regard.

Lanrutcon

The minimum I ask is 60 fps and 1920x1080. That's really it. Exclusives and control methods and whichever cult worships the box doesn't really matter to me.

I just want it pretty and smooth., and I don't even want it that pretty and smooth.

For all of those that are saying console is better. Let me ask you this, if price was not a factor at all, would you still say consoles are better than a PC? Cause breaking down the prices, you can have a pc that will best the next gen for around the same price.

Sounds crazy right? Think about it this way. Take into account how much more games cost on console, the factoring in of XBL or PSN, buying extra accessories to charge, or extra storage, etc. You can build a pc for similar price, and reap all of the benefits over having a console. And from the looks of it, exclusives on both Xbox and PlayStation will be coming to PC this gen. Its a no-brainer/win-win.

sunnysideup

Banned
Games are dirt cheap regardless of platform. I dont think game prices matter at all, to anyone.

On pc, there are no physical releases. And today with one billion different storefronts, its even more uncertain what will happen with them once they go belly up.

Do you even realize 4k PC is not even in the same ballpark as consoles. 4k on pc is touted as native 4k, with all settings on ultra, aiming for 60fps, in the highest Fidelity. Console 4k only means checkerboard rendering, with low to medium quality, and at an abysmal 30fps Max, with dips into the 20fps. Consoles will never have the upper hand to pc's.

It's really dismissive to downplay pc's in the manner than you are approaching others with. You cannot achieve that kinda quality as seen on the game, Control, in consoles. It's literally a game that drops well below 30fps, without raytracing or all of the Fidelity of pc's graphics. I play the game with all RTX settings enabled, ultra quality, at 100fps minimum,.
Xbox one x renders 70 percent of its 4k games at full 4k 30 and yet pc fans hate to acknowledge that infact forza runs at 4k 60 gears 5 4k 60 on one x, your ultra graphics bragging are still silly having anti aliasing, depth of field and a few toggles on ultra doesnt make them worlds apart from medium to high settings, digital foundry has proved this time and time again,

Your simply being played by hardware manufacturers like nvidia to keep burning your hard earned money on stupid gizmos, and nobody is downplaying pcs here, yes you can upgrade ur pc as powerful as u like might aswell make a fusion reactor on it but its not going to make forza look significantly better than on console, your putting make up on a frog.

For all of those that are saying console is better. Let me ask you this, if price was not a factor at all, would you still say consoles are better than a PC? Cause breaking down the prices, you can have a pc that will best the next gen for around the same price.

Sounds crazy right? Think about it this way. Take into account how much more games cost on console, the factoring in of XBL or PSN, buying extra accessories to charge, or extra storage, etc. You can build a pc for similar price, and reap all of the benefits over having a console. And from the looks of it, exclusives on both Xbox and PlayStation will be coming to PC this gen. Its a no-brainer/win-win.
Consoles are part by part better performers than pcs this has always been a fact, yes a monster pc would be better than console having said that if i could get playstation exclusives on pc just as we do xbox and also get better performance and graphics for the same price as console then well be gaming on pc but until then it aint happening.

To be fair, some people who can afford PC's choose consoles for lots of valid reasons. None the least of these, exclusives, for now.

Some just aren't bothered with needing to have the absolute best of the best and are content with just getting an all in one game playing box that they are familiar with knowing how to use and works well when they need it to.

Also, nostalgia which is absolutely valid. Look at all the people who are into retro gaming these days and go out of their way to get these old consoles. It would only stand to reason you would want the new ones as well. And new consoles are cool. :messenger_sunglasses:

Then there is the reason that I have been giving for having both. Having something to plop in the living room that friends and family can abuse.

So many reasons that are perfectly fine. The only issue I have is when fanboyish attitudes pop up because of time and money invested which does nothing but drag everyone down. This goes for every "side."

Last edited:
Xbox one x renders 70 percent of its 4k games at full 4k 30 and yet pc fans hate to acknowledge that infact forza runs at 4k 60 gears 5 4k 60 on one x, your ultra graphics bragging are still silly having anti aliasing, depth of field and a few toggles on ultra doesnt make them worlds apart from medium to high settings, digital foundry has proved this time and time again,

Your simply being played by hardware manufacturers like nvidia to keep burning your hard earned money on stupid gizmos, and nobody is downplaying pcs here, yes you can upgrade ur pc as powerful as u like might aswell make a fusion reactor on it but its not going to make forza look significantly better than on console, your putting make up on a frog.
So you are acknowledging that PC's are superior to consoles, with better graphic fidelity and all...And you listed forza and GoW...which run much better on PC. Now imagine this. What if we lived in a world, where consoles aren't dumbing down PC games. I truly want consoles to be the best hardware that they can be, cause they won't hold us PC gamers back anymore. I made the comparison of Crysis 1 to all of its predecessors. The original game was OPEN world, not a corridor shooter like the 2nd and 3rd iteration of that game. It was dumbed down cause the devs could reach a wider audience (not just PC players but xbox and PS consoles as well). Many people, including myself hated this trend in the gaming community, cause consoles are the sole reason that games are being held back right now. We could have much better visuals and gameplay, but we need to cater to a weak ass Jaguar cpu as the baseline for most games. If the next gen actually has passable hardware, we will have much better games this gen, and especially with exclusives coming to PC, you will really see games shine (as long as devs put in work to making their game shine on superior hardware)

sunnysideup

Banned
What happened was, pc gaming died.

Now what is left is basically shitty 3rd party console ports in higher framerates and crappy ass gaas shite like wow and fortnite.

No exclusives that make use of the hardware. Which is why the playstation exclusives look better than just about anything.

Last edited:
Respectfully... you don't get to tell me what is and isn't a big enough difference... to me. I can and have used my own eyes. I can tell the difference all on my own comparing consoles irl to pc irl and it is enough for me.
Believe what you want like what you like im not here to preach to you im simply here to answer ur questions and express myself, and myself + alot of gamers out there know for a fact that playstation exclusives are the best looking games in the industry.

I literally just called for us to come together as a community and this is your takeaway? The only emotion that I feel at the moment is legit sadness...
[/QUOTE] you should feel sad spending 2000$ to get puddle reflections isnt a happy thing at all.

And ray tracing wasn't the only reason that I gave as the deciding factor man.
I said raytracing and extra fps + resolutions which simply isnt a bug deal as people make it to be.

I mean, I've been wisely planning ahead and saving up little by little since I got my 1080 years ago so I'm good for getting the best card that launches for my use case. Lots of us do it that way. I'm all set in every other regard.
[/QUOTE]
Good for you if you love ur extra pixels for a 1000$+ then no offence its your money.

So you are acknowledging that PC's are superior to consoles, with better graphic fidelity and all...And you listed forza and GoW...which run much better on PC. Now imagine this. What if we lived in a world, where consoles aren't dumbing down PC games. I truly want consoles to be the best hardware that they can be, cause they won't hold us PC gamers back anymore. I made the comparison of Crysis 1 to all of its predecessors. The original game was OPEN world, not a corridor shooter like the 2nd and 3rd iteration of that game. It was dumbed down cause the devs could reach a wider audience (not just PC players but xbox and PS consoles as well). Many people, including myself hated this trend in the gaming community, cause consoles are the sole reason that games are being held back right now. We could have much better visuals and gameplay, but we need to cater to a weak ass Jaguar cpu as the baseline for most games. If the next gen actually has passable hardware, we will have much better games this gen, and especially with exclusives coming to PC, you will really see games shine (as long as devs put in work to making their game shine on superior hardware)

Nobody is saying pcs are weaker than consoles, the argument here is if its worth it to spend 1000s of dollars just to make a point in beating a 500$ console, pcs range from rubbish to super computers and having a weather simulator for a super computer isnt going to make forza look and play any much dufferent than on a xbox one x, it runs at 4k 60 already doesnt matter if ut runs at a million fps on ur rich kids pc thats needless and stupid.

Not only gamers but most of gaming polls and awards, god of war was game of the year + best looking, spider man was also game of year abd best looking, uncharted 4 was also best looking game on its year and well soon see best looking game of the generation and im pretty sure itll be a playstation exclusive. Maies you wonder what happened to all this pc games. 😆😆😆😆

Nobody is saying pcs are weaker than consoles, the argument here is if its worth it to spend 1000s of dollars just to make a point in beating a 500$ console, pcs range from rubbish to super computers and having a weather simulator for a super computer isnt going to make forza look and play any much dufferent than on a xbox one x, it runs at 4k 60 already doesnt matter if ut runs at a million fps on ur rich kids pc thats needless and stupid.
But I already debunked the price factor. You can build a computer for around the same price, without the degrades you experience. You say it's not much of a difference, but that alone, means there is some difference. Look at the Forza vs gts thread, so many PS Fanboys get mad when people post pc screen shots, cause they say it's not s fair comparison. If the general person can detect there's a graphical difference in s game that was ported from console, that is saying a lot as it.

Last edited:
Not only gamers but most of gaming polls and awards, god of war was game of the year + best looking, spider man was also game of year abd best looking, uncharted 4 was also best looking game on its year and well soon see best looking game of the generation and im pretty sure itll be a playstation exclusive. Maies you wonder what happened to all this pc games. 😆😆😆😆
Maybe if you keep saying it over and over it'll become true.

But I already debunked the price factor. You can build a computer for around the same price, without the degrades you experience. You say it's not much of a difference, but that alone, means there is some difference. Look at the Forza vs gts thread, so many PS Fanboys get mad when people post pc screen shots, cause they say it's not s fair comparison. If the general person can detect there's a graphical difference in s game that was ported from console, that is saying a lot as it.
A computer with xbox one x specs at the same price as the xbox one x is in this universe and any parallel universe impossible, the xbox one x for a start has the same performance of a gtx 1070 which the card itself costs as much as the console. The cheapest 1080p pc you can get online is 500$ more than the xbox one x pricing and less the performance.

And mind you ps5 and series x will be 500$ minimum

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Now you just sound bitter.

Also (and I'm sure I'm speaking for a large part of the thread): spell check your posts. Don't worry, it's free. Reading your replies makes me imagine a baby trying to work a calculator with its ass.

Top Bottom