• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official PC vs Consoles Thread.

maybe if you try hating harder then it wont be true.
Maybe if u keep hating harder and more harder it wont become true, or you can also try a witch doctor to change reality for ur own desire.
W5MKasn.gif
Never change Shango, never change.

A computer with xbox one x specs at the same price as the xbox one x is in this universe and any parallel universe impossible, the xbox one x for a start has the same performance of a gtx 1070 which the card itself costs as much as the console. The cheapest 1080p pc you can get online is 500$ more than the xbox one x pricing and less the performance.

And mind you ps5 and series x will be 500$ minimum
You honestly think the Xbox one X is the equivalent of a full fledged GP104-200-A1 chip? :messenger_beaming::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_smiling:. Have you not seen a gtx 1070 paired with a crap cpu? It runs circles around the xbox one x. I feel like the next gen consoles will be around the gtx 1080 specs, but much more limited with little RT abilities. And again, you can build a pc with these specs, for about the same as next gen consoles, minus the limitations that consoles have.

Now you just sound bitter.

Also (and I'm sure I'm speaking for a large part of the thread): spell check your posts. Don't worry, it's free. Reading your replies makes me imagine a baby trying to work a calculator with its ass.
Who sounds bitter now, you failed the discussion and started making childish jokes, mind you alot of people like u couldnt handle back to back insults with me they all cried for me to be banned so ill advise u not to tread that path.

So this is kinda how it always goes for me.

• Start of Generation I buy the console that has the next big games or new stuff I want. (PS4 bluray player and exclusives)
  • Later on into the generation when revisions arrive and prices go down I (usually) get another console (XboneS has 4k HDR Bluray)
  • Then I'll update my PC, or build a newish one, sometimes this happens before the second console and sometimes after, but it always happens.

You honestly think the Xbox one X is the equivalent of a full fledged GP104-200-A1 chip? :messenger_beaming::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_smiling:. Have you not seen a gtx 1070 paired with a crap cpu? It runs circles around the xbox one x. I feel like the next gen consoles will be around the gtx 1080 specs, but much more limited with little RT abilities. And again, you can build a pc with these specs, for about the same as next gen consoles, minus the limitations that consoles have.
Your smocking himalayan weed,only way u can build a pc for 500$ to beat a xbox one x or even hope to beat a ps5 is either if u wank off all nvidia or amd employees

anthraticus

Banned
Pretty simple really. It's all about the games and PC is the home of the games & genres I prefer, with consoles only getting a spattering of that.

Still rockin' a GTS 450 and don't give a shit about the 'tech' aspect.

Last edited:
Your smocking himalayan weed,only way u can build a pc for 500$ to beat a xbox one x or even hope to beat a ps5 is either if u wank off all nvidia or amd employees
Xbox one X is closer to a RX 580 gpu, undervolted and voltage limited. AKA DOWNCLOCKED. You can get a pc with similar specs for similar price. You wont have to pay for xbox live or PSN which will save you hundreds over the console generation. Apply that to the gpu, and there you have it.

BTW RX 580 is much weakers than a gtx 1070 if you didn't know

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
i can't speak for anyone else but consoles are only good if you're on a budget, you're not a serious gamer, you don't care about graphics/performance, or if you want to play a console exclusive.
Let's not go any further into this post.....You heard it here first folks "Console Gamers are not Serious Gamers"...….

We don't care about graphics and we have the best looking games on consoles......How does that work?

Funny enough, you know what everyone is waiting for to finally move the graphical clock to new towering heights, the PS5...…...Everyone want's to see it's specs, everyone want's to see it's games and what SWWS is working on......VFX-Veteran is salivating at the mouth to finally play one of the best looking games this gen, Horizon Zero Dawn on PC with POM on his 25TF 2080Ti...…...A game made on a paltry 1.84TF, speaks to the visual authority of said PS4/Console games...…...

Pay 3 grand and the best looking games are still the playstation exclusives.

I dont want to change the artist vision with mods, and i dont want to fiddle with settings. I like games being tailored for the hardware i own.
Absolutely...….I still remember when Journey was ported to PS4, DF lost a gasket because the higher resolution made the sand particles too fine, they made some noise with Crash Bandicoot too or do we remember The FFX Tidus Fiasco on the internet, oh his face is changed or the RE3 Jill Face drama, even when the people who have the rights to tinker people get angry...….So I wonder how they think about PC Mods.....You look at all the mods and it's mostly to get a girl skimpy, get Chunli thighs thicker et al......There are some mods that are essential for play, but I really hate the idea of consumers taking the liberty to finish a developer's game......Once your game is on sale on any platform, there should be a law that states it should boot and work......This is one issue on PC that no one is talking about, whilst they selectively say PC has the best PC and the widest array of games......What are games if you can't play them or have to go through so many hoops...…….I have owned many consoles in the past up till now......There's not one time I've said, 'let me play this console game and it didn't boot'...….That is one of the primary advantages of consoles...….

Also that reshade program is awful, it changes the artistic vision of games, I kinda like to respect the creator's vision...….If the game needs tweaks of texture updates....I think it's incumbent on the consumers or even the platform owners like Valve to demand that from the devs…….Something has to change along those lines.....

Guys when you use "pc" as in "game x performs better on pc than on whatever console" please state the exact hardware configuration of that pc, otherwise it might be a bit confusing and whoever reads might think that you are talking about their pc, or my pc, or Santa Claus's pc. There are millions of configurations and the ones that are in the same price range as consoles are a literal joke. My pc was 4 times the price of a console and it definately doesn't run or look 4x better than on a current-gen console, not even 2x, and in some dogshit optimized games (like RDR2, Jedi Fallen Order and NFS Heat) it's perfoming literally worse than an Xbox One X.

Honestly the keyphrase for pc gaming should be "Diminishing Returns", just like every console has their catchprase, this one is by far the best fit.
Absolutely and it's a point I made in the other thread......According to Steam Surveys, an overwhelming majority of gamers have 1080p capable GPU's and not even the best 1080p GPU's like the 5600XT......They are rocking GTX 1060's, RX 580's, 570's, 1050ti's and much lower.......Yet when people mention "PC", everybody automatically fits into the "2080ti, 9900KS" bracket.......The loudest ones on forums "spouting PC advantages and tech" usually have the lowest end PC's........

Xbox one X is closer to a RX 580 gpu, undervolted and voltage limited. AKA DOWNCLOCKED. You can get a pc with similar specs for similar price. You wont have to pay for xbox live or PSN which will save you hundreds over the console generation. Apply that to the gpu, and there you have it.

I'm not arguing with you but, how much does an internal 4K UHD BluRay drive for PC cost?

I'm still not sure if this thread is just trolling/sarcasm

I'm not arguing with you but, how much does an internal 4K UHD BluRay drive for PC cost?

I'm still not sure if this thread is just trolling/sarcasm
Great question! Cause I have no idea, I haven't owned an optical media disc reader since....forever. At least 8 years or so. I feel that cd, dvd, bluray, and hddvd are all old technology. Most internet speeds are faster than a bluray read-speed, so no need for one. I can download a game faster than I can install it from a bluray disc., Not sure if that answers your question or not?

I already told you spec by spec consoles are more efficient than pcs, a rx 580 is similar to a one x gpu but the one x is efficient in running the same games better its an advantage consoles have, hence why xbox one x is considered a 4k console and rx 580 is considered a 1080p card on pcs

Jtibh

Banned
And i thought voost kain is the king of bait threads.

Well you guys have fun beating eachother.

I come back to collect all your valeus once all of you are moaning away on the ground.

I already told you spec by spec consoles are more efficient than pcs, a rx 580 is similar to a one x gpu but the one x is efficient in running the same games better its an advantage consoles have, hence why xbox one x is considered a 4k console and rx 580 is considered a 1080p card on pcs
Anyone can choose 1080p, 1440p, 4k with an RX580 and have better results than a xbox one though, with better textures and at 60 fps minimum, not 30fps or less, like on console .....? Not sure what you are getting at here. You can do everything with a pc better, than a console. I'm not trying to be a dick here, but truly trying to understand your point right now...

Great question! Cause I have no idea, I haven't owned an optical media disc reader since....forever. At least 8 years or so. I feel that cd, dvd, bluray, and hddvd are all old technology. Most internet speeds are faster than a bluray read-speed, so no need for one. I can download a game faster than I can install it from a bluray disc., Not sure if that answers your question or not?
When I built my PC, mine cost $56 or there about.…….I have never used it though, because no one uses hardware discs on PC anymore.....

My internet is only like 5MB/Sec, and I think most compressed streaming 4K UHD needs 15 and higher. I think the real bandwidth from the disc is astronomically higher too.
I still have a disc drive on my PC, I have software that is only on discs and only registers that way.

Still, you gotta add that $50-$60 to the price of that PC to compete with a X1S.
I paid around $280 for my X1S.

Anyone can choose 1080p, 1440p, 4k with an RX580 and have better results than a xbox one though, with better textures and at 60 fps minimum, not 30fps or less, like on console .....? Not sure what you are getting at here. You can do everything with a pc better, than a console. I'm not trying to be a dick here, but truly trying to understand your point right now...
You cant have better results at 4k on a rx 580 vs a xbox one x thats ridiculous

My internet is only like 5MB/Sec, and I think most compressed streaming 4K UHD needs 15 and higher. I think the real bandwidth from the disc is astronomically higher too.
I still have a disc drive on my PC, I have software that is only on discs and only registers that way.

Still, you gotta add that $50-$60 to the price of that PC to compete with a X1S.
What pc games are released on dvd, more or less bluray?

thelastword

Banned

Yes of course, fair is fair.....Yet, PC also adds up too with cases, fans, HDD's, Keyboards+mouse, MB, an OS, PSU etc...…...I think generally you can buy a PC that matches of even exceeds the XBONEX for that price, but it's really not a practical solution, because most times people do more on their PC's than game......Which is also one of consoles biggest advantages...…You want a pure gaming box.....MS got confused at the notion in 2013, trying to do TV TV TV, snap et al, they paid heavily.....

A dedicated gaming box that plays games, no tinkering, no hassles...…It just works.....In as much as some people try to detract, that's still a reality with consoles.....After a long day, out your foot up; bam load SFV, load fortnite, load whatever game you want to play for a 1 hour session.......No driver issues, no crashes, no pop in error screens, nothing.....You plug and play......There's more peace of mind....

Believe what you want like what you like im not here to preach to you im simply here to answer ur questions and express myself, and myself + alot of gamers out there know for a fact that playstation exclusives are the best looking games in the industry.

Based on what? I'll not argue that they don't look fantastic, because they do. But that sounds subjective to me.

you should feel sad spending 2000$ to get puddle reflections isnt a happy thing at all.

Again, I gave more examples than that, you are being needlessly disingenuous and hostile.

I said raytracing and extra fps + resolutions which simply isnt a bug deal as people make it to be
Good for you if you love ur extra pixels for a 1000$+ then no offence its your money.

Same as above. Bro, if you can't find it in yourself to have a mature conversation without the needless hostile jabbing then I'm not going to waist my time with you. I think I've tried to be respectful and understanding here and all I'm asking is for you to do the same.

how much does an internal 4K UHD BluRay drive for PC cost?
Who the fuck cares? What year do you think it is? PC games are all distributed digitally. Even if you need a drive physical PC games are all distributed on DVDs still, and DVD drives are dirt cheap because next to nobody buys them. I bought what was basically the best DVD drive Pioneer ever made for like $20 brand new a few years ago. I use it like once a year if that. That drive will still be around when I do my next build too.

Gargus

Banned
There is no argument.

Real gamers dont play systems, they play games. A game is a game is a game whether it's on a phone, a playstation or a PC. They are all video games. The only differences in games is whether the game itself is good or bad. Hardware the game is running on doesn't make a game good or bad. If you argue which platform is better for games then you're not a real gamers, you're a drone fanboy that cares more about a piece of hardwares title than the actual games.

Playstation and pc are my favorite ways to play games. I am not a fan of the xbox just purely because it's a waste of my money because it has very few exclusives worth playing and I can play most of those on my and cross platform games I can play on my playstation with the same results so owning an xbox means nothing to me. Switch in only own for a tiny handful of games I can't play anywhere else. Love my playstation because it has the most first and third party exclusives I want to play or any console. My pc I love for its versatility and all the games I can play on it I can't play anywhere else.

So there is no difference between consoles and PCs because you're playing games on them. Only thing I would argue is the viability of different consoles.

thelastword

Banned
Don't use your rumours as facts then.
He already said Zero Dawn 2 is on PC and we will compare...….Yet Zero Dawn 1 is still not announced on PC, what's the hold up?..... I'm agreeing with Veteran though, he's so sure of himself......It's like his word is direct from Sony HQ...…..We can proceed to argue like all these announcements have already been made...…We just don't have the screens and physical copies yet......Imaginary Zero Dawn on PC, more like it.....

There is no argument.

Real gamers dont play systems, they play games. A game is a game is a game whether it's on a phone, a playstation or a PC. They are all video games. The only differences in games is whether the game itself is good or bad. Hardware the game is running on doesn't make a game good or bad. If you argue which platform is better for games then you're not a real gamers, you're a drone fanboy that cares more about a piece of hardwares title than the actual games.

I kinda disagree here. Bear with me lol I'm not coming at you. I think better hardware can make a good game even better. And in some cases due to performance issues, here is looking at you ds1 Blighttown... it can actually make a bad/unbearable game good/bearable due to the hardware it is played on. If you know what I mean? More like, it can enhance the bones of what is already there.

You see this a lot with the next gen update threads. Where games from previous gens get next gen "enhanced" for the new hardware. Some even receiving texture updates to make the game "look" better which, for me anyway, would help me enjoy the game even more. People generally seem to love those as far as I've seen from the various threads on them.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
No exclusives that make use of the hardware. Which is why the playstation exclusives look better than just about anything.

You can never make an exclusive for the PC because there are many platforms by which the developers don't have a clue to people's setups.

But the buck doesn't stop there. All games are developed on the PC first (including 1st party Sony titles). They get downported to the consoles and not the other way around. There is no game that's "holding PCs back". The reason why we haven't seen PS exclusives on PCs is because of bureaucratic reasons. Those reasons are gone now.

All of the people that are convinced the exclusives are the best looking games (and I agree with art direction for sure) will be in for a treat when those games are also released on the PC. What this will prove is that whatever added features that they had when developing on the PC and had to remove for the PS consoles, will now be enabled again to show even better gameplay experience (i.e. 60FPS) and higher iteration of tech (i.e. higher res textures, certain BSDF modes enabled, higher fidelity shaders, and possible RT).

We can look at Detroit: Become Human as an example. The game is, imo, one of the best looking games this current gen (I even stated that when I played the PS version). It looks and plays even better on the PC.

[youtube]

He already said Zero Dawn 2 is on PC and we will compare...….Yet Zero Dawn 1 is still not announced on PC, what's the hold up?..... I'm agreeing with Veteran though, he's so sure of himself......It's like his word is direct from Sony HQ...…..We can proceed to argue like all these announcements have already been made...…We just don't have the screens and physical copies yet......Imaginary Zero Dawn on PC, more like it.....
Exactly HZD on PC is still a rumour not a fact.

Who the fuck cares? What year do you think it is? PC games are all distributed digitally. Even if you need a drive physical PC games are all distributed on DVDs still, and DVD drives are dirt cheap because next to nobody buys them. I bought what was basically the best DVD drive Pioneer ever made for like $20 brand new a few years ago. I use it like once a year if that. That drive will still be around when I do my next build too.

I'm just discussing hardware price/performance between console and pc.
Xbox 1S with 4K UHD Bluray player can be bought for $225 or less used/refurbished at the present time with a controller!
That's why I bought one, they are fuckin' cheap.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Not only gamers but most of gaming polls and awards, god of war was game of the year + best looking, spider man was also game of year abd best looking, uncharted 4 was also best looking game on its year and well soon see best looking game of the generation and im pretty sure itll be a playstation exclusive. Maies you wonder what happened to all this pc games. 😆😆😆😆

These games aren't the best picks from gaming polls and awards simply because they are on the PS. The platform doesn't matter here. It's the games themselves and the companies that made them that is winning the awards. Once these games are displayed on the most powerful platform, they may still get picked as you stated, but their best implementation will be on the PC.

So when that happens, what will be the reason then for saying those games are the best when they are on 2 different platforms?

Dennisonr

Neo Member
Well here is my story for you guys. I use to be a console player from late 1980's to about 2003 and did play some PC, but that was just Diablo 2 back in 2000. My last consoles were the PS2 and first xbox, but I have not gone back to the console since, because there was a game called Far Cry made by a company called Crytek that blew me away back in 2004 when I never seen graphics that amazing before and that's when I learned about how powerful PC's are rather than see them as just office tools. So I built a strong PC that had an AMD FX-51 CPU and Radeon 9800 Pro in it that played Far Cry. Then Half Life 2 came out and that pretty much cemented me to PC.

Ever since then I have been amazed. Especially since Crysis came out three years later in 2007. My god, I have never seen a game look so real since this game. I think they were way ahead of their time. I had to upgrade my machine to a stronger video card just to play this game at decent frames. The 9800 pro did not work too well.

The only time I ever had to upgrade the CPU in this machine was in 2011 when Battlefield 3 came out stating I needed four core processors and it would not run until it saw four cores. I thought that was kind of lame, so had to upgrade to a higher core count CPU to make the game work.

My current build is an AMD 3800X CPU, Gigabyte Auros NvMe Gen4 1TB SSD drive, AMD RX 570 video card, 16 GB DDR4 @ 3200MHZ at 14-14-14-34 timings. I'm waiting on Nvidia to release the Ampere video cards as I heard they will be 50% faster than their current cards. Then I will not upgrade for another 6 to 10 years. I highly recommend anyone with a current PC to upgrade to a CPU that supports Gen4 PCI-E. Only AMD has this at the moment, but I'm sure intel will, soon. The NVME ssd drives at gen4 is twice as fast as the older Gen 3 NvMe ssd. Anyone of you still using a mechanical hard drive for games are not going to like your gaming experience going forward. You can't even play Star Citizen now. It requires a SSD drive to work properly and I think more and more games will be like this.

I know they are facts because I'm getting the info firsthand. They are considered rumors to you because you don't know anybody in the industry. How is that my problem?
Give up the facts then!
Until then they are tales from your ass.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
PCs have more power and flexibility, but I don't want the hassle of making sure a game works. I also only buy laptops since 2007, and getting games to work well on a laptop is an issue unless I want to spend a lot of cash getting a gaming laptop.

I also don't want to be playing games in a computer chair and desk since I sit in front of a PC all day.

Someone will say.... hook it up to your TV! And if I do, how am I going to watch TV at the same time? Right now I'm surfing the net now and watching the Superbowl pregame.

When I play consoles on my TV, I also surf the net on my laptop when there's a break in the action.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
There is a place for both... I however like console gaming more.

Console gaming has kinda lost its way a little since Microsoft entered the game.... load times, pc architecture, post release patches, microtransactions and dlc etc etc have infected console gaming since the 360 era.

But since PlayStation are back in charge for the most part, I am hoping for them to fight back as much as possible on most of these fronts.... we see loading is something they want to eliminate, this will still be an issue on PC, microtransactions on first and second party content is not very prevalent and should continue to be so.
I believe PlayStation may have seen how the post release patch hurt Days Gone and will try to ensure such a thing doesn't happen in the future....

The huge advantages consoles hold over PC are... games just work 99.9% of the time, everybody is on a level playing field, the platform holder uses economies of scale to provide great tech for a very reasonable price.... if you buy a PC, every individual producer needs to make a profit, so you are definitely getting ripped off on the hardware side.

Games are poorly optimized for PC, Consoles have a platform holder that feels responsible to provide exclusive content to make the platform a desirable place to play. Consoles have at least a little bit of quality control... PC, you get asset flip games and trash you can think of....
You know for a fact that you will get 7 years of gaming out of your console and the hardware will be guaranteed for one or two of those years.

Call of Duty and most competitive games are also 60 fps or close to it on console, so the framerate game really doesnt matter to me.

Most people with an office job use Windows... like myself, we can all attest to how much it freezes or has issues. Most people have to restart their PC once a day and have other minor issues where they have to close applications and restart what they were doing.

When we get home, we don't want to start up a windows PC again.... that's why I often think people who game on PC either do not work in offices or are unemployed / students...

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Man, sometimes I wish PC guys would lobby for pushing the boundary on games/games graphics on PC again........I mean give Sony some competition, clearly MS and Nintendo aren't in the same league as Sony visuals wise, though I imagine Nintendo would be pretty solid if they opted for better hardware...….That Zelda demo with the spider from way back when was really impressive at the time....

1080Ti has been out for years with 11.3TF.....Vega 64 Liquid is 13.7TF...…...These GPU's had some power, what games did we see take advantage of them? Now lo and behold...….These GPU's are old news, but 1080Ti debuted at $700 and people boasted it's high frames and justified 144hz monitors etc.....because all it did was take games made from much lower console spec and boosted frames.......So PC gamers buy expensive cards and this is their justification, but where are the games built ground up for a 1080ti at 30fps or 60fps? No where to be seen...……..Now it's going to get sillier next gen, because consoles will be at 4K, most screens will be at 4K, but the PC gamer is going to buy a $1500 3080ti and do supersampling 8k to show the prowess of the 25TF card, yet the games wont look any different than the PS5 game on a 4k screen, apart from smoother IQ, which consoles should not have any issues with next gen, so diminishing returns.

Consoles will no longer be kept back by cooling solutions of heat issues.....We are entering 7nm+ with great advancements in cooling solutions......You don't need a CoolerMaster Stryker to keep console hardware cool...…..Look at how Nuc's are being cooled these days, consoles don't even need to be on low power mobile parts anymore......So the divide between console power and PC is going to diminish even more as we go on...…...And in as much as people say Carmack's point no longer applies.....I'd beg to differ...….Sony was between a rock and hard place, they could not get any better CPU than the Jaguars, but this time they are getting the CPU they want, they are getting the GPU they want and PS5 will be more complex in it's hardware design, more custom with said advantages the second time around....Remember PS5 has been in the lab with AMD for more than a minute creating quicker pipelines than you can get on PC......So people thinking the closed box advantage no longer applies are in for a rude awakening......Sony First party games will continue to lead the charge, but this time even more so......Multiplats on the 3080ti wont look better than GOW 2 or LOU 3 or GT7, they just won't...….If SWWS could have done these PS4 games on PS4 with jaguar and 1.84 TF, this time not only are they going to blow minds on visuals and animation, but in A.I, Physics, Gameworlds, Sound and Immersion...…...

Let's be honest PC gamers, there was a time looking forward to certain PC games was an event, let's not kid ourselves...….You remember that HalfLife 2's demo was revealed, you guys remember how awesome that DOOM 3 reveal was, or when we first saw Farcry, Crysis or F.E.A.R for the first time, those were huge moments for PC......They were events.....PC guys were proud and they had their own.......Now it's all a whimper...….PC guys have now been relegated to pining for Horizon Zero Dawn to play at 60fps or they want to buy $1500 cards to boast online how they are playing Bayonetta Remaster at 8k 120fps...….You think it matters right now, you know how long ago console owners played that and had that great experience......Paying all that money, waiting all this time just to experience these games now at high frames and rez is really the high point for a PC gamer now?

Pretty much all PC devs have come over to consoles.....There must be a reason...…..I've extrapolated on that before...….....I think piracy dealt a huge blow to PC gaming…...Witcher devs, 4A games were the last stalwart of PC gaming, but they saw it was not worth it, they saw consoles was the green hill, now these CDPR devs went from crackers and sardine diets to steak and vintage red wine.....I'm pretty sure the Stalker Guys will ship their game on console too, you cant deny the success you can get on consoles if your game is half decent or solid...…..Where are all the unique games I use to play on PC like Hitman, ROTCW, Soldier of Fortune, I'm Going In, Phantasmagoria, System Shock, Halflife, Fear, Nolf, games like Nolf great story, great missions.....Everybody seems to think Modern Warfare is COD, but the first COD game was on PC, it was great with the expansion as well....Baldurs Gate, Star Craft, Civilization, Quake, Unreal...….Yes PC had an identity, it was rich and no matter how many times people try not to get the point, exclusives matter.....A reason, well many solid gaming reasons to own a platform matters and I'm talking exclusive games that pushes the envelope and gives you unique gaming experiences and story lines...….

Every body will remember GOW and want to continue that story, same for LOU and people will want to see how GT evolves from the brave change in direction that proved very successful for PD, not to stagnate and keep evolving...….Console gamers are also about new experiences...…..New Ip's, we've already played Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Spiderman, so we want to see how the gameplay evolves and where the stories go next gen.....That is evolution in gaming and I'm sorry, PC is not really contributing to that movement right now...….To say, man "all these new IP's on PC", I need to keep my spec up and also say "Man I can't keep away from all these new Sony IP's and the next GT or LOU". would be great....Tbf my PC is pretty much only there to play the occasional MS game, hopefully they do something great on story soon, because the last game I played was Gears and it was not that great.....Sadly Sony is the only one making things interesting and keeping the cogs turning anymore...….Nintendo is it's bubble, making their cash and MS is putting it's stuff everywhere because they have no choice, they need all the sales they can muster for their tier of games...….But man I really wish PC would step up their game with exclusives and make my PC more than just a a glorified XBOX to play the occasional Forza or gamepass game for $2......

Man, sometimes I wish PC guys would lobby for pushing the boundary on games/games graphics on PC again...
1080Ti has been out for years with 11.3TF.....Vega 64 Liquid is 13.7TF...…...These GPU's had some power, what games did we see take advantage of them?
And have to spend $800 on a GPU to play at 1080p 30FPS? No thanks. We do lobby to push boundaries...refresh rates namely.

thelastword

Banned
And have to spend $800 on a GPU to play at 1080p 30FPS? No thanks. We do lobby to push boundaries...refresh rates namely.
Because you don't have a choice...….I can tell you…..I bought a $600+ GTX 8800 Ultra, but I could only play Crysis at 1024 x 768
at 30-40fps, with dips below 30 quite frequently....

And last gen, Sony homers like lastword would be claiming PS3 games at "up to 720p and 30fps" would look better than any PC game.
I don't know, I mean GOW 3, UC2, UC3, GT5/GT6 with dynamic shadows, TOD and weather, GOW ascension, LOU.....Nothing looked better than those.....All games which pushed tech too, so I don't know what you felt looked better...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
one thing consoles have a massive advantage over PC is preservation. on PC, in the process of upgrading your machine, it is very often that new OS's, new hardware, or software is updated, that makes your game no longer play. as a longtime PC user i have seen this happen. i used to make Flash websites and games, I can no longer even view those files without a special program. almost every MS-DOS game i have is on a CD-ROM, an outdated medium that new computers no longer come with. they haven't had floppy drives in 20+ years.

with any game, it is best played on the hardware with which it is released. this is easier to accomplish using consoles than PC. if you want to play a N64 game you can get an N64. less easy is it to find a 386x and configure DOS, AUTOEXEC.BAT, CONFIG.SYS, and all the various extended memory managers, in order to authentically (OG hardware) run an era appropriate game like DOOM. of course there is emulation but that's beside the point.

there is an advantage to having a console with a physical game, it will always work. just try playing some MS-DOS games natively in Windows 10 or OSX. meanwhile i can always without a doubt play a Playstation or NES or Atari game as long as I have the console and the game. it doesn't matter if it is 10, 20, 30 years in the future, even longer, who knows how long those physical games will last if well kept. for game preservation you are better off with consoles IMO.

Last edited:
You cant have better results at 4k on a rx 580 vs a xbox one x thats ridiculous
Wait, what?! Did you just say that? Did you even do a simple Google search to see how far you would fall on your face with a statement like that?! Are you saying a dumbed down version of the RX 580 is stronger with a tablet processor, than an unadulterated rx 580 without a Fisher-Price cpu?!?!

thelastword

Banned
So are we really saying that this is why we buy such expensive PC's? PC on Ultra BTW.....Just for a few graphical flourishes...….

Top Bottom