• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Red Steel 2 thread of nearly 1:1 sword slashing

ivysaur12 said:
I wonder though if RS3 will even happen. This game seems to be sent to die.

Red Steel 2 sells 10K copies first month.

Ubisoft: Obviously, there's no market for Mature games on the Wii, so we will be moving all Red Steel assets to the 360 Natal.

Red Steel Natal sells 10k copies first month.

Ubisoft: We're seeing great success with Red Steel Natal and will continue support with this franchise.

Cow Mengde said:
This game is made by Ubi Soft...
Ubi Shop..

anyway, really want to play it. i have the feeling it will be a much better game in every way.
especially looks.. though i kinda miss the setting.

ShinNL

Agnates said:
Uh, lol? If quality doesn't matter then why aren't you proclaiming that there's no core audience on Wii because The Conduit failed to sell a million+ ? And hey, if we're talking purely sales as opposed to what the game "deserves" then the weight is on the marketing, and unless you're a fortune teller, you don't know what marketing it will have, so how can you already talk about what sales it should get? You also contradict yourself talking about a "core" audience and then how the "average person" doesn't look into games that much. Does the core audience not look into games more? At least with reviews that you quickly dismissed because you PERSONALLY don't look into those? The fuck? Your post was a clusterfuck of points and contradictions basically.
The hell with you. You think every single Modern Warfare 2 gamer does as much research as the average GAFfer? Most MW2 players are just average joes! As I said already, stop nitpicking. You're not making any points, you just nitpick and with no real arguments. And what's with your negative negative negative sentences? "If quality doesn't matter then why aren't you proclaiming that there's no core audience on Wii because The Conduit failed to sell a million+?". I had only one reaction with The Conduit: meh. Oh hey, the sales with meh too. Good enough for a sequel, not a million seller. Hey, if you have trouble seeing what's good and what's not, maybe you should become a fanalyst, but don't ooze your problems onto me.

Agnates

Banned
I have trouble seeing what's good and what's not? Make sense please, you acted like the game was awesome and begged someone to buy it (even if you plan to play later!) even though we've seen like 5% of the game, little more than the tutorial which is certainly not enough to judge it and recommend it like that. I asked, what if it sucks, and you went on a rant about sales and shit due to its quality which is apparently meaningless because with your next post you pretended buyers don't care about quality anyway. Which leaves only the marketing part left in the equation, and we know even less about that, yet again, you say it should sell to show there's a core audience on Wii, a core audience that doesn't care about quality and advertising, and should buy every game you think they should buy to be a legitimate audience. Thanks for the laughs, to hell with you indeed. And yes, I can make up my mind, all my edits do not change the meaning of my posts, they only do a better job in conveying it, but thanks for caring :lol

ivysaur12

Banned
Actually, the first 10 minutes looked alright. Not an abomination like with the first game. Having sword and gun action at the same time could be pretty sweet.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to post about how I didn't know this was releasing in a week and that no one has been talking about it and how it will surely die, but I guess that post will have to wait a month yet.

ShinNL

Agnates said:
I have trouble seeing what's good and what's not? Make sense please, you acted like the game was awesome and begged someone to buy it. I said what if it sucks, and you went on a rant about sales and shit. When confronted over that crap, you moved over to other random shit again. To hell with you.
I begged? I ranted? Grow up.

PS. Stop editing stuff in after you post it, you really can't make up your mind, do you?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Was kind of confused with this one. I was going to wait until about a week and then I was gonna throw my hat in making it, but I guess gaming geek's already got that covered. Maybe this should be the hype thread?

Anyway, I want to get this out there right now. I don't expect this to sell more than 250k copies WW lifetime even WITH marketing.

GDGF

Soothsayer
WOoo! I am freaking hyped. Ubisoft may have finally delivered on the Wii. And this is the exact type of game everybody wanted when the Wii was announced.

hatchx

Banned
I had a choice between this and GOW3. I'm going with this. This game just looks so fresh and fun.

Do we know if it's the 23rd or 25th? This is a day 1 for me.

dsister44

my first wii game of the year!!!!!!!

ive been reading quite a few great impressions from this game, and im liking the idea of it being a proper FPA with side quests and all

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The game looks quite good, but once again Ubisoft fail at advertising a Wii game. These guys are complete retards in marketing.

This game will bomb so hard when it could do great.

hitoshi

ivysaur12 said:
Actually, the first 10 minutes looked alright. Not an abomination like with the first game. Having sword and gun action at the same time could be pretty sweet.

You have seen the whole game

gamingeek

Updated Opening post, sorry its a bit messy but I haven't been able to work on it since its been locked so I've had to do a months worth of updates in one go.

AColdDay

Got this game preordered from Amazon and can't wait to take a break from Fallout 3 to take a crack at it later this month. I agree that it will not do gangbusters at retail, and the time to release this was probably last year at the crest of Motionplus excitement. Its too bad these genres can't get any type of momentum built on the platform.

gamingeek

hatchx said:
I had a choice between this and GOW3. I'm going with this. This game just looks so fresh and fun.

Do we know if it's the 23rd or 25th? This is a day 1 for me.

Just checked, 23rd for America, 26th for Europe.

Have to update the OP again.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Can't wait for the reviews to start rolling in on this one. Me thinks Ubi has a hit (at least cult wise since they don't seem to want to advertise this)

gamingeek

Japan/Europe/USA boxart

http://i44.tinypic.com/op73h4.jpg

op73h4.jpg

jred250 said:
the time to release this was probably last year at the crest of Motionplus excitement.
It says a lot that Ubi gave the development team time to make the experience as polished as possible even though it meant delaying it far past the holidays though. For once I applaud them. I personally can't afford the game, besides which I'm not into the idea of swinging my arm around for extended play sessions, but I hope that giving the game enough time to cook pays off for Ubisoft. Well, at least if the overall quality matches their ambition.

cacildo

Once again, no advertising. Im still buying, dont care.

But when Ubisoft comes out saying "Boohoo, mature games cant sell on teh wii" we will tell them that we know they are lying.

With the right marketing effort, i can see this working pretty well with the expanded audience. Cmon, its swords + guns with great graphics and motion plus. Who wants to miss that?

KevinCow

Banned
The Japanese box looks pretty good. The other two are kinda boring.

I think they should've used this picture for the box.

vghbia.jpg

heringer

The Dutch Slayer said:
I'm VERY interested in how this game sells because the first one sold over 3 million copies.
But the wii market has changed a lot.
Wait, what? :lol

The first Red Steel sold a little over 1 million copies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
kayzai said:
Forget Monster Hunter Tri ...

If this game review's well and then bombs at retail, This will be the death nail to quality Western Third Party Software on the Wii.

We may as well all move over to the PS3 Move for Third Party Software.

This is a game with high production values, a game that gives the so called hardcore very precise controls .... YOU MOANERS BETTER BUY IT OR STFU!!!

I'm sorry, but if this bombs(and it will), it's Ubisoft's fault, not ours. There is no marketing, no advertising, nothing. If you don't browse video games forums or websites about Wii, good luck hearing about this game or even knowing it's better than the mediocre 1st game.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Preordered and awaiting with great anticipation.
The original was horribly, horribly crippled and flawed, but had the hint of a few good ideas here and there. Ubi was wise to drop just about everything when developing this sequel. It honestly looks amazing.

BARKSTAR

Banned
I think this game is going to sell pretty well as long as the reviews are decent (fingers crossed).

There seems to be a good deal of buzz about it (despite the lack of advertising which is worrying) but I really think the reviews, word of mouth, and if good, hands on are going to get this one moving.

scitek

In a recent video I saw with Vendenberghe he said he trusts Ubisoft to market the game. We'll see if his trust is misplaced or not.

kayzai said:
It doesn't matter whether it's UBISOFT's fault ... This game bombs AND It's game over for the Wii hardcore.
This has been said repeatedly, and it isn't going to hold up as there will be more. A game with zero marketing failing isn't news to anyone.

EDarkness

Heh, I don't care if Ubisoft advertises this game or not. That's their loss. However, I have my copy reserved and I'm looking forward to slashing and shooting stuff. The demo I played last year was pretty fun, but the camera issues were annoying. Seems like those issues were fixed, so bring it on! Can't wait.

Gino

I am going to preorder this game tonight I think. I already have 2 Motion plus' and only 2 wii remotes so I don't think I'll be going with the bundle.

Though if reviews come in and the finished product sucks I'll cancel my Preorder. I really hope it turns out great because I really want to motion plus to be a success for core games as well as WSR.

selig

Banned
kayzai said:
It doesn't matter whether it's UBISOFT's fault ... This game bombs AND It's game over for the Wii hardcore.

well, then that would prove all the people correct that accused third parties of being biased against the Wii. There is NO advertising for RS2 at all. TV spots are the most important, and there´s nothing. If I wasnt reading on NeoGAF, I wouldn´t know about the game.

Someone really should make a thread about third parties ignoring to advertise their Wii-games. sigh

Top Bottom