• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Red Steel 2 thread of nearly 1:1 sword slashing

Haunted

dsister44 said:
i've never understood the left handed argument. even as a left hander it feels very weird holding the wii remote in my left hand since then im controlling character movement with my right hand. are there that many left handed amers which have trouble using the wiimot ein their right hand?
Dragona, mostly.

heringer

LucasArts should make a partnership with Ubisoft so the Red Steel 2 team could develop the next Jedi Knight. Seriously, imagine a similar gameplay but with lightsabers, blasters and that shinny Star Wars stuff we all know and love.

Too bad it will never happen. We will get a Force Unleashed 2 developed by Krome with a gimmicky, half-assed and optional M+ support.

MYE

heringer said:
LucasArts should make a partnership with Ubisoft so the Red Steel 2 team could develop the next Jedi Knight. Seriously, imagine a similar gameplay but with lightsabers, blasters and that shinny Star Wars stuff we all know and love.

Too bad it will never happen. We will get a Force Unleashed 2 developed by Krome with a gimmicky, half-assed and optional M+ support.

It will happen ... on another system.

Meier

Images and that gif are pretty slick. I dont expect I'll buy it, but it might be worth a rental at the very least.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Ok now, people have review copies..... the game has been leaked...... where the frick is the detailed impressions of this game? Give us at least something!!!

I've been so desperate for impressions I had to take a trip over to Gamefaqs!! You know how fricking long it's been since I've been there? Frickin ages dude. So you bootleggers make yourself useful as tell us about the goods already.

P.S. More people like VOOK please. I know he has a review copy and understand he can't say much right now.... but what has been said makes me happy. :D

Skiesofwonder said:
Ok now, people have review copies..... the game has been leaked...... where the frick is the detailed impressions of this game? Give us at least something!!!

I've been so desperate for impressions I had to take a trip over to Gamefaqs!! You know how fricking long it's been since I've been there? Frickin ages dude. So you bootleggers make yourself useful as tell us about the goods already.

P.S. More people like VOOK please. I know he has a review copy and understand he can't say much right now.... but what has been said makes me happy. :D
You realize they'd get banned immediately for not providing pictures of the disc, right?

CaVaYeRo

As I said before, I really, really enjoyed what I played for previews. I'm EAGER to get it next week.

For me, this is a new form for action games. Close range combat is just awesome. :D

This NEEDS your support, people!

benita

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
You realize they'd get banned immediately for not providing pictures of the disc, right?

Why is this the way it is but it's ok to talk about tripping balls on acid on the OT side?

I know thisisneogafdude.jpg but seriously...

Poyunch

KevinCow said:
Ze boondingbox.

Looks good. It seems like they basically took the Conduit and went even further with the idea. I like how they have a second outer bounding box boondingbox to determine how far you have to turn for max speed.
Definitely think this was a great idea. It's sort of ironic for Red Steel 2 to have the most customizable Wii control system (as of now) after its predecessor was so awful (according to some) in terms of controls.

Poyunch

heringer said:
I'm not familiar with this Comedy Center channel. Is a commercial on it a good thing?
It does have South Park, the Daily Show, and Steven Colbert. Those shows are pretty popular.

heringer said:
I'm not familiar with this Comedy Center channel. Is a commercial on it a good thing?
For a hardcore game, the stations you want to hit are Adult Swim, Spike TV, and Comedy Central.

Games that hit those three tend to do fairly well.

Only doing two of those three (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom!) should have done better.

heringer

ShockingAlberto said:
For a hardcore game, the stations you want to hit are Adult Swim, Spike TV, and Comedy Central.

Games that hit those three tend to do fairly well.

Only doing two of those three (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom!) should have done better.
Good to know!

I suppose Red Steel 2 appeals for more people than a fighter like Tatsunoko. Let's hope for the best.

KevinCow

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
Definitely think this was a great idea. It's sort of ironic for Red Steel 2 to have the most customizable Wii control system (as of now) after its predecessor was so awful (according to some) in terms of controls.

To be fair to the first Red Steel, it was one of the first games released on the system. I'm sure they've learned a lot since then, both through their own experimentation and by observing what other studios have done.

Wii FPS controls have been a real growing process, with games slowly learning from each other and incorporating new ideas.

Penguin

I think customizable settings is one of the best things The Conduit bought to this generation.

And looks really solid in Red Steel 2 with even more options.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Guys I played it last week at a event in Sydney, I don't have a disk. Mods would know I'm not pirating it I would hope anyway.

I'm waiting for my review copy and waiting to play it again like the rest of you.

But yeah guys I can't believe Ubisoft aren't hyping up Red Steel more.

Skiesofwonder said:
They're bootleggers. Who gives a shit?

An entire industry, apparently. And the music industry as well.

Is just that Neogaf wants to stray away with these topics as much as possible, seeing it's the flagship for the gaming community really

mantidor

dsister44 said:
i've never understood the left handed argument. even as a left hander it feels very weird holding the wii remote in my left hand since then im controlling character movement with my right hand. are there that many left handed amers which have trouble using the wiimot ein their right hand?

I had trouble with the remote/nunchuck combo at first, since I wasn't used to the stick in my right hand, and pointing with the right hand just didn't feel right, but eventually I could use the stick fine. I'm sure I could point with the right hand, but why should we? our dominant hand has more precision and pointing requires far more precision than a stick, if I were to use a sword in real life I would use it in the left hand.

It may seem like whining to many, but it is really a simply thing to implement for most games, you just have to mirror the models and motions.

My ears were burning when my cursor hovered over this thread.

To answer the person asking: While I prefer to use an analogue stick with my left thumb because it's what I'm used to, along with being more sensitive, the Wiimote takes more stock. In a game like, say, Zelda, or I suppose a game like Red Steel as well, one does not require the analogue sensitivity that a 3D Platformer like Mario Galaxy requires.

Apparently Ubisoft has no LH people in their entire company.

Threi

notag
you mean your right thumb...right?

because you are describing how the wiimote/nunchuck is most commonly held.

also: put me in the group of left-handed people who have no problem holding the nunchuk in their left hand and the wiimote in their right.

Threi said:
you mean your right thumb...right?

because you are describing how the wiimote/nunchuck is most commonly held.

also: put me in the group of left-handed people who have no problem holding the nunchuk in their left hand and the wiimote in their right

Wiimote = Left Hand
Nunchuck = Right Hand

Unless it's a 3D Platformer like Galaxy where I'm forced to

Wiimote = Right Hand
Nunchuck = Left Hand

Doesn't feel "proper" though, and I have a hell of a time shooting shit (I usually have a second player handle all the star bits shit).

scitek

I've always been glad I wasn't born as one of those weird left-handed people. Sure, they're smarter, but they're never catered to in the gaming world.

Vizion28

Banned
Hiltz said:
For those who haven't seen it yet, here's the Red Steel 2 tv commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTdmRR9U_3s

Great commercial! Why is it great? Because it focuses on the accuracy of the wiimote sword fighting which is something gamers have been waiting for years.

If they show this commercial a lot especially on prime time TV with shows like Chuck and Lost it will sell really well.

Poyunch

So apparently it was aired during the South Park season premiere. Can anyone confirm? If so, that was a pretty smart move.

scitek

I much prefer that commercial to something that just shows clips of the game and doesn't drive the point home that the Motion Plus really makes a huge difference. Hope it works.

scitek

kame-sennin said:
Pretty corny, but it's good that they are emphasizing motion plus interaction. Commercial made me realize that these devs should do a pirate game next. It'd be a more logical implementation of the gameplay they developed.

As well as a fitting tribute to how this one was leaked two weeks before release.

Hmm. I think this may be the first commercial for a 3rd party Wii game I've seen since that Call of Duty commercial over a year ago. Good choice of South Park.

Let's hope it proves effective.

Top Bottom