• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886: Official spoiler thread for all black bars

Freeman

Banned
Woah woah woah. I honestly have trouble believing this game would do something that frustrating (outside of masking load times).

Are the cut-scenes seriously unskippable?

Why would they be skippable? They are suppose to be a core part of the game. Can you even skip cut scenes in MGS4?

Then why dedicate so much time criticizing a game that you don't want? That is what I don't get, there need to be another reason behind it.

I want it. But I want it less now based on everything I'm reading. I hope I end up liking it more than I think I will, but in the meantime it's a discussion forum so conversation is valid regardless of what side of the fence you're on. As I've said earlier my mind isn't made up over a handful of impressions, despite the factual information from them which does concern me but time will tell.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I didn't say it was awful. Nobody is saying it's Aliens: Colonial Marines. It's a solid, well-made, and IMO poorly designed game.

But it's important to note that the above is said without me having played it.

Sure, i'm not saying that directed to you. Just used your post because the bolded seemed like something that is important to note.

I think you're one of the posters that articulated better the criticisms and concerns (i hate how this word have another connotation now) on the on going threads.

I think the sooner we accept that this game might be like Dead Rising, Uncharted, Resistance, Crackdown, and many others, on the sense that it will be a solid first entry with flaws and strengths, will be easier for everybody to be happy.

I don't understand why some people need to have universal validation of their opinion, be it positive or not.

-MD-

Woah woah woah. I honestly have trouble believing this game would do something that frustrating (outside of masking load times).

You'd be skipping like 40% of the game if you skipped the cutscenes.

Sweep14

The Order duration has been dissected to hell it seems !

Reactions on gaf will be funny when the same is done to Quantum Break. I expect epic threads... ;-)

Sweep14

This is RAD's design decision. Don't like it then don't buy the game. As simple as that.

Updated playtime for the YT walkthrough

05:27:24 - Total playtime for all chapters

04:51:34 - Total playtime - cutscene chapters

Did you "critics" just interpret this as the game having 30 minutes of gameplay? I'm not buying the game because it is short and I don't like most of the gameplay I'm seeing, but some of you guys in here clearly have some irrational desire to hate the game.

Did you "critics" just interpret this as the game having 30 minutes of gameplay? I'm not buying the game because it is short and I don't like most of the gameplay I'm seeing, but some of you guys in here clearly have some irrational desire to hate the game.

The final hyphen in that quote is supposed to be a minus, but I can see why it's easy to misread.

RK9039

What a waste if someone does it the first time they are playing the game.

Definitely, but the option is at least there. It especially helps when you're on another playthrough and don't want to see any of the cutscenes just to get to the gameplay.

Max Payne 3 was pretty annoying I remember because the game was always loading behind the cutscenes and so I could only finish the game once.

T.O.P

Banned
Definitely, but the option is at least there. It especially helps when you're on another playthrough and don't want to see any of the cutscenes just to get to gameplay.

Max Payne 3 was pretty annoying I remember because the game was always loading behind the cutscenes.

Yeah ended up killing the replay value for me

I saw one person misinterpret that post and sound confused, which was promptly corrected by another poster.

Gestault

wait, you can skip cut scene in MGS4? I thought you can't?

It's been quite some time since I played it, but I'm quite sure you can. Codec conversations would let you "fast forward," and outside of some pre-rendered sequences, I'm almost positive you could skip them.

Sweep14

...and? welcome to forums breh

And ? What ?

Do you remember another game where such a discussion about Gameplay Time - Cutscenes Time - Loading time was discussed like that in Neogaf ?

Now that the gameplay has been proved to be solid and graphics, animation, story are stellar, Trolls, changed their angle of attack with game's duration being the new target.

And ? What ?

Do you remember another game where such a discussion about Gameplay Time - Cutscenes Time - Loading time was discussed like that in Neogaf ?

Now that the gameplay has been proved to be solid and graphics, animation, story are stellar, Trolls, changed their angle of attack with game's duration being the new target.

As if critiquing it automatically makes you a troll. That is a horrible way to phrase conversation and rather toxic IMO.

T.O.P

Banned
And ? What ?

Trolls, kk

oh btw, spoilers guys, this is a spilers thread

R&R

The annoying thing about unskippable cutscenes is that it makes further playthroughs a drag. Especially in a game that is reasonably short and quite linear to begin with it lessens the replay value even more. I remember being super annoyed with Max Payne 3 - really loved the gameplay parts in that and would have liked to replay many chapters just to try different approaches to the action parts...but the unskippable cutscenes made it almost unbearable...sigh. Well, at least there won't be the headache inducing shit-filter that MP3 had...

Gestault

Not only could you skip MGS4 cutscenes, you could even pause the game during a cutscene.

Considering how often a bathroom break could legitimately come up, that was one of my favorite accommodating features. I feel like I had a bad experience in an earlier MGS game where I skipped an important scene trying to pause it.

Ascenion

This is about what I expected. Not sure why some people are surprised. It never looked like anything but this type of game, and I'm okay with that just not $60 okay. Maybe $20-35 okay.

Hugstable

Banned
And ? What ?

You do realize alot of us could care less about this console war bullshit and more care about the fact that I just want to get my monies worth on a game? Like these games aren't cheap, and it sucks to find out that I can't really trust impressions here anymore as I was told this game was gonna be 12 hours or so when it's in fact wayyyy less than that. And does anyone having a opinion you don't agree with=troll to you? People can criticize the game, this doesn't make them a troll. Some probably have other motives, but there are lots of us who genuinely just want to make sure we end up with a good game and spending our money right. If you don't want criticism, then everything is just basically one big selling advertisement and that's definitely not how it should be. If a game has faults, people should be allowed to call out those faults.

Top Bottom