• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 screenshots

oh gosh a year later and we're still talking about the resolution and black bars?!

we've had this discussion a million times already.

to the whiners who can't comprehend why rad is doing it, please search the archived threads and read from there. this shit has been discussed to death and been reincarnated and killed and plunged into the lazarus pit only to be killed yet again.
tumblr_mw5zgkpdNY1r4gei2o1_400.gif

Some Nobody

I just don't like the idea of using a real serial killer from history. He's become this almost mythical figure, as if he wasn't an actual person. Even worse if he's revealed to be a half-breed or something.

I think games need to be delicate when they tackle historical events, and I don't trust anyone to do it respectfully.

I can already see Penny Dreadful making me throw something at the TV when they reveal him to be a vampire or some shit.

At least EA canceled Ripper, GAF would have seen a meltdown like no other.

You can expect this idea to become more accurate over time, not less. Because he's literally from "history", and no one whose life he actually affected is still alive.

RytGear

I dunno, it would kind of cheapen the whole thing, as if humans couldn't be capable of such brutal murders and it had to be a fantasy monster... I'd certainly find that very lame, but I'm not worried that they'll write something like that.

It would be really awesome if the Knights were tracking him down thinking he was a werewolf because of the twisted brutality and they bring all these heavy weaponry and its just a guy showing that we can be just as monstrous.

DieH@rd

Banned
Looks phenomenal. It's crazy to think of how games will look come years four and five.

I'm more interested what will happen in late 2015 when ND releases Uncharted 4 and Santa Monica is ready to show us what they have planed for Kratos [pls make it post-GoW3 with new pantheon of gods].

Self/shadowing is improved, though the post proc and desaturation may be a little heavy but that's just fine tuning. The IQ is still amazing.

It would be really awesome if the Knights were tracking him down thinking he was a werewolf because of the twisted brutality and they bring all these heavy weaponry and its just a guy showing that we can be just as monstrous.
very interested in their monster designs, i was hoping for werewolves, but then again i'd rather have some creativity and originality.

velociraptor

oh gosh a year later and we're still talking about the resolution and black bars?!

we've had this discussion a million times already.

to the whiners who can't comprehend why rad is doing it, please search the archived threads and read from there. this shit has been discussed to death and been reincarnated and killed and plunged into the lazarus pit only to be killed yet again.
tumblr_mw5zgkpdNY1r4gei2o1_400.gif

Aye, it's getting boring now. Every single The Order thread is about the black bars. Every single thread!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Cross posting from another thread:

Andrea Pessino has posted a message on an italian forum.
I'll translate the important parts (nice start, don't you think?)

Downgrade my ass. The game is now more detailed, dynamic and complex than it has ever been. Of course it's not finished yet and certainly we'll be able to get better performance before the release but in most cases, 99.99%, the frame rate is already solid and complexity is superior to what we promised. I'm sorry you've to see the game in such a terrible and low quality footage. If everything goes well, this situation will be fixed as soon as possible.

The core of the game is a TPS, for sure. It will not be a revolution, this has never been the intention, but I can assure you it's not "generic". It will be a unique experience as everything is mixed together, you'll see..

He also says thank you for support and criticism. Can't say anything about the release date.

Link to the forum.

StuBurns

Banned
Maybe not, Uncharted 4 isn't that far away.
Indeed, Sony's going to have a bunch of crazy shit, Quantic Dream firmly stepped into the graphics race with Beyond, they'll have something incredible, GG's RPG too, and whenever God of Thor shows up GAFfers will be sat at their desk chairs with smouldering holes in their heads where their eyes used to be.

Grinchy

Banned
These screens look pretty amazing. For a game with such subtly awesome viusuals, it sure was stupid to show it off in a shitty twitch stream.

Loakum

Banned
Is it true they're werewolves? I recall a commentor saying they were. Of course that person could be wrong, which is why I'm asking.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This looks much better than before to me. I have the very first trailer here and the character skin and eyes look much better here. Particle effects look much better, image quality as well. Lighting also looks better than the older footage, I can't see any weird seams between the walls anymore for example.
1080p with a 2.40:1 aspect ratio is 2592x1080. Is this game 2592x1080?
It's 1080p like blu rays are 1080p.

StuBurns

Banned
Lol. I take it you don't watch or buy 1080p blu rays and movies very often?
He is correct.

1080p is the vertical resolution, and this isn't that.

It's 800p, the thing I don't get about that debate is people who like to argue it's not 800p seemed to be of the opinion saying it's not 1080p is somehow disparaging the game, not just being accurate. Call a spade a spade (a phrase taken from Dorian Gray ironically).

The industry will move to horizontal resolution referencing next-gen anyway, so this won't be a point of contention forever.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
He is correct.

1080p is the vertical resolution, and this isn't that.

It's 800p, the thing I don't get about that debate is people who like to argue it's not 800p seemed to be of the opinion saying it's not 1080p is somehow disparaging the game, not just being accurate. Call a spade a spade (a phrase taken from Dorian Grey ironically).

The industry will move to horizontal resolution referencing next-gen anyway, so this won't be a point of contention forever.
800p implies a lower horizontal resolution though since the Xp shorthand usually refers to 16:9 aspect ratio

It's 800p, the thing I don't get about that debate is people who like to argue it's not 800p seemed to be of the opinion saying it's not 1080p is somehow disparaging the game, not just being accurate. Call a spade a spade (a phrase taken from Dorian Gray ironically).

Indeed. I think 1920x800 with 4xMSAA will be very impressive, I just wish they didn't blur the hell out of it.

Kinyou

TO1886_WCH_Square_09_2014_05_21.jpg

I must say, this is the closest we can get from playing a CGI cut scene on PS4.
What's really beautiful are the seamless transitions between the cutscenes and the gameplay. Makes me hope that Naughty Dog also goes with realtime cutscenes this time around.

Top Bottom