• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain screenshots (and eventual trailer I guess)

Takao

Banned
Spike VGA thing, probably next gen since it's all in-engine, trailer looked boring

Trailer: at 10:45: http://www.gametrailers.com/full-ep...rds-2012-vga-2012--part-1----the-phantom-pain

7cQR2.jpg

2lit3.jpg

78hi4.jpg

it's from Moby Dick Studios, which might just be KojiPro in disguise

LQX

Looked cool to me. Reminded me of Kayne and Lynch then MGS at the end as that dude looks like Snake.

Thoraxes

I knew I wasn't crazy when I thought it looked like Fox Engine.

That looks more like Solid rather than Naked did in the GZ gameplay.

Kojima Productions LA renamed to Moby Dick Studios then? Very bold of Konami to keep their logo off the game. Maybe it'll get more hype that way.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That must be from Kojima (Ground Zeroes?) otherwise Konami should sue the living shit outta them.

If this guy doesn't look like freaking Snake aka Big Boss then i don't know what does.

jett

D-Member
That looks too much like Ground Zeroes. Also, Moby Dick Studios doesn't exist. So yeah, it's Metal Gear related.

Sn4ke_911

Phantom pain sensations are described as perceptions that an individual experiences relating to a limb or an organ that is not physically part of the body. Limb loss is a result of either removal by amputation or congenital limb deficiency (Giummarra et al., 2007). However, phantom limb sensations can also occur following nerve avulsion or spinal cord injury. Sensations are recorded most frequently following the amputation of an arm or a leg, but may also occur following the removal of a breast or an internal organ. Phantom limb pain is the feeling of pain in an absent limb or a portion of a limb. The pain sensation varies from individual to individual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_pain

Sn4ke_911

and some Psycho Mantis guy is fucking with his mind.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

tkscz

2 minutes between the creation of both threads. But yeah the other thread pretty much deduced that this is MGS, and that it isn't next gen. And Kojima is a clever girl.

Epcott

Can't see trailer, but looks like Vietnam Vet Snake.

Wasn't Volgin in some way shape or form in Revengence?

holy fuck Kojima. Seriously.

I was thinking that dude totally looks like Big Boss but wasn't convinced it was MGS, just thought it was a coincidence and looked neat. But at the same time was weird that I never had heard of this studio and yet they were being unveiled at the VGAs.

Top Bottom