• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Classic $39.99 Deal is Back!

In OZ, It is about 44AUD at JB-HIFI, EB-Games and HarveyNormans now.

While there were initially some suboptimal flaws (that were way overblown) when you put BleemSync/AutoBleem on this little baby it becomes a really awesome PS1 emulator.

Seriously, with *Bleem*, this baby becomes super good value for money and may become the best way to play PS1 assets that you can buy for money (short of a real PS + PSIO + CRT)

Go buy it now and put *Bleem* on it. It is awesome and it is a bargain.
Not really. It holds nothing to a good Retroarch setup on PC (Yes, I have a classic, und fuck yeah, I love trying out non stock games on it...). The image quality of the stock emulator (that should go die in a fire) is disgusting and having to choose between the (after customization) nice menu or a nice emulation is suboptimal (lets hope for teh hack0rrz).
But yeah, still fun. The little split cable for OTG and a 128GB thumb drive as big as my thumbNAIL, man, that is awesome, thought about using an old 500GB portable drive, but don't know if the power supply could handle it.

This was such a major disappointment, that I would even refuse it if it was given to me for free. But then again, the outlandish comments that were made about backwards compatibility at the time were indications that they didn't want to celebrate their classic console in a respectful manner.

I'm not into hacking these miniature consoles either, so. The appeal is 0%.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'd love to meet the team who designed this thing and what games would go on it. How the hell does Rainbow Six end up on this thing? The controls for the game are absolutely terrible. I don't remember a single person recommending Rainbox Six on PS1 back in the day. I like a lot of the games that are on there, but its definitely not the ideal PS mini. Did the staff who designed this not even own a PS one back when they were on the market? Its like they pulled up a wiki and pulled the games list from that.

I'd love to meet the team who designed this thing and what games would go on it. How the hell does Rainbow Six end up on this thing? The controls for the game are absolutely terrible. I don't remember a single person recommending Rainbox Six on PS1 back in the day.

A really disappointing choice. The worst port of the game too. It was critically panned as well. If that game was supposed to be representative of the FPS-genre, DOOM would've been the ideal choice since that game was pretty popular, and lauded for being he best port on consoles at the time.

Not even Tomb Raider made the cut!

shaddam

Bought it around 38 usd a few months ago. The 8bitdo adapter and a 128GB pendrive combined was more expensive. Since then I bought a refurbished PSP too. As a child I never owned a ps1 (ps2) or psp, so it's kind of reliving the past that I never have for me:messenger_grinning:
The ps classic community is really crazy, I need to check out if the Half life port is completed or not

dolabla

I was gonna wait until it went even lower, but I decided to just go ahead and get it. I originally said I would get one at $20 but changed my mind. But now it's here............ and I just bought 2. 1 to open and 1 to keep sealed because why the heck not.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Already 2999 RUB here and no one gives a flying fuck. I'm sure that it's their first and last attempt to jump on a mini console bandwagon. Sony clearly dk how to do it right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom