• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

starkdesign

Neo Member
You might be able to still get the Ico print. Contact Mockingbird here (or Celsius at EB, same person).

Why'd you rip up those 5x5s? :(

Since they were damaged in shipping, Static is replacing them with the same edition number, but you have to show destruction of the originals to get a replacement copy, so that you don't have duplicates you can flip later.

IronRinn

Welp, avoided Eng's Facebook page but some jerkface someone posted it in the recent acquisitions thread on EB (so don't go in there if you want to be surprised when you get it.) Looks good.

LaneDS

Went and looked at those... much better resolution photos. Excited to see it in person! Almost as good as the U.S. box art!

I was going back through this thread to see the last update on the Aria commission again, and I noticed the Lucina by Craig Drake venture. It's been months, but is it still possible to get in on that? The OP still shows the Mikasa list.

Sigma722

Almost as good as the U.S. box art!

wat

edit:

TItXiTR.png

Sigma722

lol, I think I must not have clicked that to avoid spoilers. Jesus.. lol

edit: oh actually it was just at the end of the page and i completely missed it. derp!

2/5/2015:

Gladiator by Martin Ansin

4c0e56c4-7fe8-4eac-85d5-75aa4b03b073.jpg

Gladiator by Martin Ansin. 12"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 300. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/ @ a random time.

Gladiator Variant Edition by Martin Ansin

08fdb58e-994c-454d-bde5-4a722be346b4.jpg

Gladiator (Variant) by Martin Ansin. 12"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/ @ a random time.

For those doing local pick up of Ico, I can bring some on Friday to the 100% soft show if you're attending. Send me a PM if you want me to bring your copy.

Risible

Bottleneck Gallery
Tomorrow, we will be releasing our first official Star Wars collaboration with Acme Archives and Spanish artist, Juan Esteban Rodriguez.

Regular
Screen print
18 x 24 inches
Numbered edition of 150
$40

Variant

Screen print with metallic ink
18 x 24 inches
Numbered edition of 50
$50

Bii

Hey, I realy like that; and I need more posters in 18x24 size.

What time does Bottleneck usually put their stuff up?

IronRinn

Ansin has always been this way. His figure work is consistently stunning. His layouts and composition, not so much. The Gladiator piece looks like something he did for a magazine, blown up to poster size.

Still, when he lands there are few better. Dude can fucking draw.

ohkay

Ansin has always been this way. His figure work is consistently stunning. His layouts and composition, not so much. The Gladiator piece looks like something he did for a magazine, blown up to poster size.

Still, when he lands there are few better. Dude can fucking draw.
I've always thought his compositions are great, just look at Taxi Driver, Looper, Brazil, Scott Pilgrim, etc.

Edit: but yeah, the composition on this piece does feel off

IronRinn

I've always thought his compositions are great, just look at Taxi Driver, Looper, Brazil, Scott Pilgrim, etc.

Edit: but yeah, the composition on this piece does feel off

What I meant was that his composition is not as consistent as his figure work. When his stuff fails, it's usually due to the composition, not because anything's drawn poorly.

Leunam

Wait a minute. Is that supposed to be a star? Can't be Alderaan but I don't remember a planet or star in the background when the Falcon came out of lightspeed.

DuneDude

Neo Member
Wait a minute. Is that supposed to be a star? Can't be Alderaan but I don't remember a planet or star in the background when the Falcon came out of lightspeed.

That was my main complaint about that print. In the movie, all I remember is the darkness of space surround the Death Star. That planet or star, it's throwing me off.

Sushigod7

Yeah its not supposed to be there according to the movie chalk it up to "artistic license"

orioto

Good Art™
Hey guys,

i've been wanting to make wallpapers again but the format problem is real, as redbubble's most popular option is the semi gloss poster and it's only A (2, 1 and 0 i think). Which is not really a landscape format.. Of course if i do something more wide they'll cut it but then you need to find a custom frame which is a pain for most people. No real solution here.

Anyway 50 prints for anyone interested. 48 actually now.

tumblr_njbld3ZJBd1qdq8qno3_r1_1280.jpg

Poster link

IronRinn

Hey guys,

i've been wanting to make wallpapers again but the format problem is real, as redbubble's most popular option is the semi gloss poster and it's only A (2, 1 and 0 i think). Which is not really a landscape format.. Of course if i do something more wide they'll cut it but then you need to find a custom frame which is a pain for most people. No real solution here.

Anyway 50 prints for anyone interested. 48 actually now.

tumblr_njbld3ZJBd1qdq8qno3_r1_1280.jpg

Poster link

I'm ambivalent about Yoshi's Island but that is a pretty stunning image. Colors on that thing are ridiculous.

orioto

Good Art™
I'm ambivalent about Yoshi's Island but that is a pretty stunning image. Colors on that thing are ridiculous.

Thx :)

Annnd 43 left! (maybe someday i can actually sold out something lol!).
Also working on a Pulp Fiction poster for an HCG show soon!

shas'la

Hey chaps, I'm getting rid of my Spare Olly Moss "Heroes" prints I've put abunch on eBay, but also wanted to offer them to people here directly if anyone is interested

What i've got that inst in eBay left to sell;

Freeman
Chief
Fox
Snake

All unopened :)

Here is the eBay link for the others im getting rid of PM me if you want any of these, as you can see by the eBay prices i'm not over charging!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/5hazla/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Link's House by Munch arrived some time recently, unfortunately I am living/working on literal Alcatraz and only have a photo sent to me to go off for now, but I dig it. If you see this, thanks Munch!

brXeRqD.jpg

LaneDS

Link's House by Munch arrived some time recently, unfortunately I am living/working on literal Alcatraz and only have a photo sent to me to go off for now, but I dig it. If you see this, thanks Munch!

brXeRqD.jpg

Nice, I also got this in last week with the Moss Majora's prints on the same day, which was fitting. Haven't figured out where I want to display it because from certain angles the effect is lost. I think it's just going to sit on my desk at work.

LaneDS

Ico arrived today and looks fantastic! Needs some flattening, but will look great framed next to Iron Giant and my Journey print, as far as colors go (and boy there are a lot of colors).

Thanks again for making this one happen Mockingbird.

Edit: ...and thank you for double posts.

Glassboy

Ico arrived today and looks fantastic! Needs some flattening, but will look great framed next to Iron Giant and my Journey print, as far as colors go (and boy there are a lot of colors).

Thanks again for making this one happen Mockingbird.

Edit: ...and thank you for double posts.
Awesome to hear! Are the ico's going out with tracking numbers or are they just showing up?

Awesome to hear! Are the ico's going out with tracking numbers or are they just showing up?

Tracking numbers for sure. I think the majority of the tracking numbers get sent out at 2 am or so cause that's when I do the packing mostly. It's just that I've been really slow in getting these out. In total only 10 have been shipped so far. I'm chipping away slowly but surely. My apologies!

Edit: also another reason why is cause I only started shipping late last week. I had to send out one tube to see how it arrived. Had to make sure it was ok using this particular tube and not a bigger one.

Sushigod7

Tracking numbers for sure. I think the majority of the tracking numbers get sent out at 2 am or so cause that's when I do the packing mostly. It's just that I've been really slow in getting these out. In total only 10 have been shipped so far. I'm chipping away slowly but surely. My apologies!

Edit: also another reason why is cause I only started shipping late last week. I had to send out one tube to see how it arrived. Had to make sure it was ok using this particular tube and not a bigger one.

No worries man take your time you have a life too.

IronRinn

Screw that. Mockingbird should be rolling prints day and night instead of wiling away the hours reading animes and watching mangas.

Anyway. Up today at 12pm EST on Bottleneck:

The Clubhouse by Andy Fairhurst:

56236fda-c595-4590-bacb-d6bb57942cb5.jpg

Giclee
16 x 20 inches
Numbered edition of 100
$40

Cut Short: Young Carl and Ellie by Cuyler Smith:
ac44fd63-b759-420e-859d-1c71f3c18a70.jpeg

Giclee
5 x 7 inches
Numbered edition of 30
$40 (Set of 2)

Omie

I won't be in this weekend but if you ever need help shipping stuff out, hit me up buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom