• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So THIS is where you dudes escaped to!? :D

LOL!!!

1/27/2014:

Why Don't You Play in Hell? by Jay Shaw

b308cb92-b8a5-4a0e-b89e-adbcfcf31288.jpg

Why Don't You Play in Hell? by Jay Shaw. 12"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 75. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/ @ a random time.

R-100 by Jay Shaw

db591036-d4b3-489b-8581-2d717363b715.jpg

R100 by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 75. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

starkdesign

Neo Member
LOL that is why I mainly limit my presence on EB to the LEGO thread, its a calmer place, where EVERYTHING IS AWESOME.

Anyways, good to see you dudes here! Will sit for a spell and chime in sometimes, but good to know you guys are still alive and well!

IronRinn

LOL that is why I mainly limit my presence on EB to the LEGO thread, its a calmer place, where EVERYTHING IS AWESOME.

Anyways, good to see you dudes here! Will sit for a spell and chime in sometimes, but good to know you guys are still alive and well!

GAF has a pretty great LEGO thread, if you haven't checked it out yet.

Unrelated: Tonight we find out what Stout's Alien looks like, right?

Sushigod7

GAF has a pretty great LEGO thread, if you haven't checked it out yet.

Unrelated: Tonight we find out what Stout's Alien looks like, right?

Yeah Alien tonight, should be interesting. I have faith it will probably be the best Alien print to date no fans of previous attempts.

omgkitty

Yeah Alien tonight, should be interesting. I have faith it will probably be the best Alien print to date no fans of previous attempts.

My interest in it will depend on how prominent the Alien is in the print. I'm really not a fan of the actual design of the alien, and I think the print should primarily focus on Ripley and the rest of the crew and the Nostromo. Obviously with Stout's style, there are a lot of iconic scenes and sets to work with, so it will be interesting to see how he integrates that all together, but if it's just a huge alien right in the middle of the print, I'll be a lot less interested.

Sushigod7

I don't know. He's going to have to beat both of Ken Taylor's prints, which I think are fantastic. We shall see.

I don't dig his at all they aren't bad just not my taste. Either way I won't be getting this Alien print lol unless I get lucky in the lotto no way I'm paying aftermarket on this one.

Fletcher

Not really digging it. Wish it was a wall of faces, but it appears no likeness rights.

Having said that.....am still going to try and get and be disappointed when i fail.

ALSO last tuesday, 1/20, I received an email from Mondo saying my Delort Hobbit shipped and should've been here by Friday. It's now Wednesday, 1/28 and tracking of the package hasn't been updated since it left Austin. Is it too early to be concerned and has anyone ever dealt with this type of thing with them? Austin to San Diego with 2day express delivery shouldn't take this long, right?

I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person, but yeah this was obviously LP artwork that was re-purposed into a poster.

I'd imagine the conversation went like this:

Mondo - "So Tyler, you know how you made this artwork for the 'Alien' soundtrack, and we've been getting the runaround with licensing and it's release for the past year?"

Tyler - "Yeah"

Mondo - "And you know how you're on hiatus and won't have anything new with your name on it for a while?"

Tyler - "Yeah"

Mondo - "Well, we're going to go on ahead and make the artwork into a poster for 'Alien' and have a showing of it... OK?"

Tyler - "Uhhh..."

ericexpo

Been super into alien recently with the game and rewatching the movies, but really not filling it on that poster.
To busy for my taste and kinda strange layout.

IronRinn

We're letting Juniors break news in this thread now? For shame, Fancy-PosterGAF.

That print was going to live and die by likeness rights, Stout kind of needs those if he's going to do his thing for Mondo. I agree with what others have said, obviously an album cover turned into a movie poster. Pretty disappointing. Gonna be some sad flippers (unless you flipped ahead of the reveal, in which case lucky you.)

starkdesign

Neo Member
also, don't forget the calendar date typo on it, lower left, SUNDAY, JANUARY 28, 2015... yikes. as a guy that works in the print industry, I feel for those involved in that.

still have my resident evil 3DS misprint. as a reminder that no matter what amount of proofing, stuff still gets by sometimes.

suplex

Yea it's pretty clear it was a vinyl cover design that they converted into a poster.

Although I would have preferred a classic Stout with floating heads and likenesses, I'm still glad I have one on the way and can't wait to see it in person. Stouts are always better in person. I much prefer the reg as well, love the grey/red Stouts.

They date thing is pretty ridiculous though. Not sure how that got printed that way,and Mondo should be embarrassed about it. Has Mondo commented on it yet?

It's not really important in the grand scheme of things, but my daughter was born yesterday and I thought it would be kinda cool to have a print with her birthday on it. I guess it still kinda does, and I'll still keep the print forever and tell her about it when she's old enough. Anyways, back to hanging out with her.

Yeah, not that exciting overall. And where the fuck is Jonesy?! Screw it, I'm gonna make my own poster with the tagline, "In space no one can hear you meow".

Bii

Those Alien posters will be up for sale tomorrow at Mondo's site. I'm entertaining the idea of getting it just so I can say I got a Stout drop on Mondo. :/

Meier

Those Alien posters will be up for sale tomorrow at Mondo's site. I'm entertaining the idea of getting it just so I can say I got a Stout drop on Mondo. :/

I think the fact there are any left says a lot. This print was a bomb.

It'll still sell out immediately though.

1/30/2014:

ALIEN by Tyler Stout

f3473cee-5d81-4600-90e6-2ca12aab5854.jpg

Alien by Tyler Stout. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 510. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

ALIEN Variant Edition by Tyler Stout

1e73405e-5768-41bb-869d-a07ff3057f9c.jpg

Alien (Variant) by Tyler Stout. 24"x36" screen print with Glow in the Dark Layer. Hand numbered. Edition of 235. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $110

Risible

First movie poster Stout in a long time that I'm not interested in. I agree with you guys that it appears to have been an album cover originally due to that aspect ratio.

IronRinn

I believe that after Akira was event-only, Stout stipulated that he would only do prints if they were available online at some point.

suplex

I'm pretty sure it was only sold to ticket holders and there wasn't anywhere near 510 seats.

But yea, it will sell out instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom