• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ridiculous Six (Adam Sandler) is the most-watched movie in the history of Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
His humor is very unique, it tickles the mind, it's not supposed to send you bursting in laughter. It's light but thought out, the jokes stem from realistic ideals.
It most certainly doesn't insult the viewer, anyone who thinks so doesn't really understand the humour, which they don't have to.

If you write a book examining the films of Sandler I will buy it.

CloudWolf

No they're both lazy, quick cash grabs with people who do not care about making a good movie.
Nah, there's a clear difference. The Asylum is incredibly self-aware. They know exactly what they are making and know that it's what the people want from them. Sure, they may have started out as this cash-grab organization, but they are something completely different now. I actually know a guy who did an internship at The Asylum and worked on the first Sharknado and he could confirm that The Asylum is 100% filled with people who just genuinly love this kind of bad B-films and are all in on the joke.

Meanwhile, Sandler and friends are clearly just churning out stuff to make a shitton of money and get free holidays (this part has actually been confirmed).

There's also a big difference in content. Asylum films are generally pretty harmless, while Sandler's films are just wrong. I saw his South Africa vacation movie a while ago (funny enough while I was on holiday in South Africa) and that film was the most racist shit I've seen in a long time.

Crocodile

Isn't this the movie that was so racist against Native Americans that the ones on the set and involved in production walked out? Man, this is surprising (and depressing). This is just watched though and not liked right? Plus would watching 5 minutes and turning off the movie count?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I've never seen one minute of it, and I resisted that GAF challenge, so I'm not to blame for this. I've had no part whatsoever!!!

All of you should be ashamed of yourselves. :(

Making a Murderer

So you have no idea why, but you hate Adam Sandler and people who enjoy his movies. Instead of responding with some kind of logic and explaining the critical flaws of the movies you point at a documentary series that is probably on the other side of the Netflix catalog as Ridiculous Six. The movie is flawed, I accept that many people will not like the start (worst part), some of the characters, depiction of Indians, some toilet humor etc. Some of the actors aren't really showing their skills, that is a valid criticism.

As someone pointed out, you are probably insecure about your own taste. You want to align yourself with elite. Instead of developing your own taste and favorites, your rely on distorted internet's opinion to guide your entertainment.

It is ironical how you insult people for liking a movie that is light and juvenile, but you respond in the way that is even more immature and shallow.

giphy.gif

more like
ABXyX2S.gif

KraytarJ

I watched I want to say 10 minutes before turning it off after realizing I hate myself enough to try watching something offensively terrible but not enough to watch the entire thing.

All the good stuff is just sitting in people's watch list. I'm curious to see what Making a Murderer does this month as far as viewership. I've never seen something blow up on my Facebook feed and friend circles like this since OitNB.

Rembrandt

Banned
He doesn't keep getting work for no reason, sadly, unfortunately, regrettably

All the good stuff is just sitting in people's watch list. I'm curious to see what Making a Murderer does this month as far as viewership. I've never seen something blow up on my Facebook feed and friend circles like this since OitNB.

That's been making waves for sure. Netflix has me excited for their future.

Goddamn it people.

Meanwhile Beasts of No Nation sits in silence while nobody watches it despite being one of the best movies of the year.

So you have no idea why, but you hate Adam Sandler and people who enjoy his movies. Instead of responding with some kind of logic and explaining the critical flaws of the movies you point at a documentary series that is probably on the other side of the Netflix catalog as Ridiculous Six. The movie is flawed, I accept that many people will not like the start (worst part), some of the characters, depiction of Indians, some toilet humor etc. Some of the actors aren't really showing their skills, that is a valid criticism.

As someone pointed out, you are probably insecure about your own taste. You want to align yourself with elite. Instead of developing your own taste and favorites, your rely on distorted internet's opinion to guide your entertainment.

It is ironical how you insult people for liking a movie that is light and juvenile, but you respond in the way that is even more immature and shallow.

Your giving a dissertation on a joke post and I'm insecure?

You're giving far too much thought into what EBF says. Just ignore him.

This is why I always shake my head when somebody tries to say something is good because it's popular. Like Avatar.

The general public are made up largely of morons.

I know some of you are to blame with your disappointing sighs. You're also the reason why Duck Dynasty and Kim Kardashian are still relevant millionaires.

etta

my hard graphic balls
If you write a book examining the films of Sandler I will buy it.
I wouldn't mind analyzing some of the jokes, to be honest. I was just recalling that scene where Terry feels the need to tell the rest that he was black.
On one hand, you have the group acting how people act in today's society, then on the other you have Terry which acts in the exact opposite way to how society normally does. The contrast is well rooted, and personally I thought that scene was hilarious.

bengraven

That's bullshit. I know for a fact everyone I recommended Dark Days to watched it a hundred times each and we're talking millions of people.

*sigh*

Do they count partial views from people who tried watching it just because they're masochistic and curious to see how much they can handle before succumbing to the awful and turning it off? If so then I apologize for my 10 minutes that contributed to this.

Yes, I nearly watched it out of morbid curiosity, but I'm glad I didn't now. I don't wish to contribute to his ongoing success.

It's not like Netflix does this in a vacuum, they have the numbers to know this will be a hit on the service

Let me tell you, if they could fund the next 10 Paul Blart movies they totally would.

SimleuqiR

This is what you get for "ironically" watching a movie.

I hate everyone responsible for this.

As an MST3K / RiffTrax fan I make time to watch bad movies. They are a guilty pleasure. I mean, how else are you going to know a movie is good if you don't experience bad movies?

It's the Citizen Cane of dumb comedies.

A Masterpiece!

Nah...that title goes to The Room.

Wazzu

Banned
THAT MOVIE WASSSS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD, my roommate and I stopped watching about halfway through and finished it like a few days later just to know how it ended waste of time on my part

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
It kinda goes together with the TFA NA record.

Truth bombs incoming.

How dare you compare Asylum to Sandler... the Asylum are continuing the proud tradition of Hammer Horror, Full Moon Studios and Joe Bob Briggs

The Asylum brings the blood and beasts, but comes up woefully short when it comes to breasts. Joe Bob also prefers that his bad movies be cynicism-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom