• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ridiculous Six (Adam Sandler) is the most-watched movie in the history of Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny because a lot of people seem to despise most of his work but those who enjoy it really don't care what you think. I imagine the whole Adam Sandler situation to be a bunch of people standing outside Apple store getting super angry it's full of customers. The anger y'all are producing is pretty entertaining as well.

Rocwell

"The Ridiculous Six" just makes me think it's the The Asylum's response to "The Hateful Eight".
giphy.gif

Garlador

It's funny because a lot of people seem to despise most of his work but those who enjoy it really don't care what you think. I imagine the whole Adam Sandler situation to be a bunch of people standing outside Apple store getting super angry it's full of customers. The anger y'all are producing is pretty entertaining as well.

But Apple products are useful and make my life easier and better. With a good Apple product, I can enrich my life and improve my well-being in interesting and creative ways.

Adam Sandler films, however...
adam-sandler-native-americans-110.jpg

Isn't this supposed to be one of the worst movies of all time?

It's not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's not great by any means but it is far from the worst movie ever, let alone even the worst movie I've ever seen. People just love to hate everything Sandler does now no matter what it is.

Because fuck Native Americans, amirite?

Ugh... Pathetic.
Did you actually watch the movie? Because the actual plot of it is that Sandler is trying to avenge his Native American mother's murder. Yeah it's got a bunch of racially insensitive shit in it too for "humor" but so does, and it pains me to compare the two, Blazing Saddles, which R6 is very very blatantly trying to ape.

I can't believe I'm defending this movie what have I become.

haahahahaha

AWESOME

And remember, both Paul Bart Mall Cop2 and Pixels made their money back!

Again neither of these films are anywhere near as bad as they're made out to be. The Paul Blart movies are actually charming in a fun dumb way and if Pixels had any other cast, nobody would have given a fuck about it. If anything Pixels is kinda boring but it's not a garbage Sandler film like everyone seems to think it is.

etta

my hard graphic balls
But Apple products are useful and make my life easier and better. With a good Apple product, I can enrich my life and improve my well-being in interesting and creative ways.

He was working on a comedy with a comedian..., was Sandler serious when he offended the person or was he doing it for the film?
What exactly happened?

Found it:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/native-activists-tell-adam-sandler-netflix-they-re-notyourhollywoodindian-1.3053696

CDeX6yEUkAAoTi0.jpg

Of course, it's to draw a comparison between the vocal minority that really hates Apple products where the average Apple user honestly doesn't care. Could use better comparisons but the point is still the same.

bebop242

I wouldn't count out the fact that there were ample ways that people could accidently start the movie. It keeps prompting me to watch this movie after every episode of making a murderer.

Do we have the stats about how many people were sober whilst watching this? Because I sure wasn't, and even whilst drunk I hated every second of it...

I remember pausing about halfway thinking I finished it, only to see I was only 60 minutes into the damn thing.

Daingurse

Do we have the stats about how many people were sober whilst watching this? Because I sure wasn't, and even whilst drunk I hated every second of it...

I remember pausing about halfway thinking I finished it, only to see I was only 60 minutes into the damn thing.

I suspect a large portion of people saw this movie fucked up. I know me and my family sure were.

How the FUCK does Adam Sandler do it?

Does he have some sort of weird dedicated fanbase that watches all of his movies or something o_O
Honestly, I think most people just find Adam Sandler comedies to be... 'safe'. Like they know there will be joke or two or three they'll find funny and it'll pass a good 90-120 minutes without making them think of anything uncomfortable.

I haven't seen an Adam Sandler comedy in the cinema since Little Nicky (actually, I did see Paul Blart 1 and it was worth it because I got some tail out of it), and the ones after that I did catch were on television, and that's pretty much my impression of his later work.

Vyer

I made it through about 20 minutes.

But yeah, lol@people who were asking why they would sign a deal with Sandler.

Luckily they can still put out awesome stuff too, so I've got no problem with them funding themselves even more with a little Happy Madison

maxcriden

Please don't create threads about news stories whose sole point is to horrify and appall people. This applies equally to stories about horrible events and to random, petty local tragedies of no greater significance. It makes people's experience of our community worse if they have to tiptoe in between threads about mundane atrocities just to participate in the OT. Real news stories of cultural import are fine, even when they're about something horrific happening, but if the right response to a story is mostly just "wow that's awful" it probably shouldn't get a thread.

(Credit to IISANDERII for the genius joke)

sunnz

Ah yea, that film I watch until Sandler went all superhero and did some super speed crap to defeat people, which was like 2 minutes into the film from the start

Does that count as "watched" too?

Do they count people like me who stopped the movie 30 minutes in?

But then you didn't get to the AWESOME SONG right in the middle of the movie where they recount everything that's happened so far!!

Ah yea, that film I watch until Sandler went all superhero and did some super speed crap to defeat people, which was like 2 minutes into the film from the start

Does that count as "watched" too?

From what I remember he only does that the one time in the movie but as soon as he did it I turned to my friend and asked "So is this some kind of wish fulfillment for him or what"

I also enjoyed the fact that he cast his wife in the movie but his character is actually married to someone [imo] much more attractive. Hah.

Such a strange movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom