• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Stardust HD Thread (my eyes burn from the amazing!)

Core407

Banned
Leidenfrost said:
Oops, meant to type "custom playlist" support

Yeah, I noticed that too. Kind of a disappointed but you can work around it. Just create a SSHD mix and tag them to match so that they show up as a single album. I also hate how you can't stream music while playing.

Still, great update. Sort of brought me back to the game. My highscore is 91 million registered but I hit 100 million + when my system wasn't connected to the internet, preventing the score from registering.

Raist

Banned
So I'm like in the middle of a run, just beaten the 5th planet for the 2nd time (elite here I come), taking a quick break... and my f'in stupid modem gets unsynchronized... "booted from PSN lulz kthxbai"

Well I guess I'm screwed. If I beat my record (which is most likely, I've got 197M right now and my best was 206M. and I have 8 lives left) it will never be registered. That sucks :(

Anyway. I wonder when we'll have some news for the add-ons. Can't wait for online MP.

edit : oh shit, I forgot that it asked you if you want to reconnect to upload your score. Didn't play very well because I thought it would be useless :(. Stuill beat my record tho, 213M now
damn you Chryz :p

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
ThirstyFly said:
Is there anyway to stop that stupid error message from popping up without putting MP3s on the drive? I'm tired of skipping it every time and I don't use the custom soundtrack so I don't want to keep MP3s on the HDD that I'll never use.
If it's bothering you that much, why don't you create one MP3 file with nothing but a few seconds of silence in it and copy that to the PS3 HDD? That will only take you back a few kilobytes of HDD space. There's probably no other obvious way around it if you already have soundtrack set to original.

calder

I bought the addon, it downloaded a small file, then when i started the game it downloaded a 150meg update (to 3.0 I think). Now the new options show up in the single player mode list and in the options screen. I hope you couldn't buy the addon before the patch was available to you, it'd suck to have to wait for something like that.

Survival is sooooooooo fun, high scores are at the 3 minute mark (my best is 2minutes so far) and as you'd imagine it gets crazy very very fast. An ever growing number of indestructible objects keep falling and then chasing you, you can push them back a bit with the guns but then mines start falling too. Boost almost always puts you in a world of hurt, and the rare green rocks you can shoot give you +2 seconds to your score.

Will try some other modes now.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ah stupid me. I just realized I downloaded SSDHD with another account, different from the one I used to download the add-on.

Damn.

Aladuf

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
Endless it nuts. I just scired 11.9million on my first try. Ranked 4th!

I just finished playing a little SSHD and I decided to check my friends High Scores and you're ranked 79th in the world?! How the FUCK are you that good?!

Aladuf23 said:
I just finished playing a little SSHD and I decided to check my friends High Scores and you're ranked 79th in the world?! How the FUCK are you that good?!
:lol

That was like 9 months ago. I used to be in the top ten :(

I'm no where near as good as I used to be, sadly.

Hell, our own Beatbox has 922 million

Aladuf

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:

Wow. *impressed*

I suck at games like SSHD and Geometry Wars (can't play GW anymore because I'm spoiled by SSHD :D) so once I got my score of 500,000 a minute ago I was all excited and then I saw your like, 500,000,000 score or whatever it was I was like "WTF?! HOW?"

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
WTF, I still cannot make ti work!

I deleted every trace of the game from teh HDD. Save files included. Purchased it again with a new account. Same with add'on. I still get the non updated 2.02 game. Am I the only one?

The DTS sound is SOOOOOOOOOOO nice.

Surround effects are top notch now.

Just got through playing Bomber...ranked 11th (should take a picture, 'cause that won't last) it's a really really crazy mode. Kinda reminds my of Every Extend Extra.

Enk

makes good threads.
fistfulofmetal said:

Same here. I was in the top 40 for a while and know that my place has slipped since then. I would love to go back and beat my score, but I've been out of practice for since then and sadly don't feel like staring at the game for several hous straight. When I got my top score I had images of spinning red ships and lasers burned into my vision and hauting my dreams for awhile. It's an amazing gme, it just needs some sort of a quick save feature for those of us who like obtaining a high score.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
fistfulofmetal said:

WTF!

how does someone do it!

TTP said:

I deleted every trace of the game from teh HDD. Save files included. Purchased it again with a new account. Same with add'on. I still get the non updated 2.02 game. Am I the only one?

Same here :-(

Steroyd

TTP said:

No! :mad:

SnowDog

Neo Member
TTP said:

Same here, I am not getting any new content. Have tried everything, deleted game and re- downloaded the game and the update and i'm getting no new modes WTF??

Returners

this game, esp after the new stuff has the best replay value of a game ever...

also the best use of the rumble... playing Endless = SICK

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Survival and Endless mode are awesome <3

Shearie

Fuckin awesome! This add-on resolved every problem I ever had with the game. Anyone notice that there's room for a couple more dificulty levels for arcade mode besides easy and normal?

Jesus holy shit omg this is so awesome!

Katana_Strikes said:
Great new modes. Endless is quite simply... mental! :D
No kidding, just the sheer amount of "Ó.Ò" (in lack of a better word) once the whole planet becomes a red blinking landing zone is worth the entry price of the expansion.

Raist

Banned
Must... leave... work... early. I want to play the new modes =(

edit : btw what's the addon price in europe ? (€ plz, no £ :p)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I love how they describe the Solo update in the most generic terms possible, the new updates look completely innocuous on the menus and then you play them and they're completely INSANE. They've practically made the original modes seem pedestrian by comparison. I wish I could have played all night.

Raist

Banned
Well ok, as I thought, it's 4 euros...

BUT THAT'S A FUCKING STEAL.

This add-on is totally AWESOME. I swear, SSDHD is like the shmup of the forever. BUY THIS GAME.

(oh and I just entered the top 10 on infinite mode on my first try :p)

Top Bottom