• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Official Thread

a few of us are playing online right now if anyone wants to join in (GT = FrenchMov)

also, the game seems to have hit a glitch in our online party cause i can't see the life bars. plus no matter who gets picked i see the names "KEN" and "VEGA" instead of the actual people who were picked. unless im the only one seeing the glitch :(

Calcaneus

I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would, <3 Sagat.

I also really like how the ranking system works, I would take really long to overcome a shitty start if it went by your win/lose ratio. Instant gratification for a big win is awesome.

Jirotrom

FrenchMovieTheme said:
a few of us are playing online right now if anyone wants to join in (GT = FrenchMov)

also, the game seems to have hit a glitch in our online party cause i can't see the life bars. plus no matter who gets picked i see the names "KEN" and "VEGA" instead of the actual people who were picked. unless im the only one seeing the glitch :(
i'll join!

Raging Spaniard said:
Must be nice, about 80 percent of my matches have had very annoying lag. Next thing I know Im getting thrown, charges dont take more than less than half a second for my opponents, etc, very annoying shit.

It is nice :D

Only had a handful of matches with teleporting, though sometimes theres no music for some inexplicable reason. Haven't seen anything too bad regarding lag. I'm playing on XBLA.

I love Balrog. Think I've found my new main (was Bison). Purple Balrog suit = badass.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Aru said:
Am I the only one to think Shoryuken is hard to do on a 360 controller (new d-pad or not, it doesn't change anything for this game. I tried both) ?
I downloaded the demo and I've found that I am able to pull off Shoryukens as fast as the game allows all the way across the screen. So I'm kind of puzzled by all the hate for the dpad. Maybe it's because I spent a ridiculous amount of time practicing Akira's stun palm combos on the Dreamcast dpad. Or is the 360 dpad particularly weak on other types of moves?

1) This game kicks immeasureable amounts of ass.

2) Are there any gaffers that aren't solely ken/ryu players? (360) I'm working on my Chun-Li game and I don't want my technique to get stale playing against the same characther over and over.

If so, add me! I'm always down to get my ass whipped :lol

Tag= Bay Maximus

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Man - there's some crazy UI bugs. Had my energy bar disappear mid-match.

Otherwise, got royally RUINED by a dude called 'Snikty'. He was excellent. I felt utterly destroyed through skill and not cheapness. It was frustrating, but refreshing. It reminded me what I loved about the original.

And that I'm going to try it on original mode as Remix just confuses me.

Saerk

I play Ken as my main, but I switch up to other guys often. My skill lvl just takes a noticeable hit. Im trying to pick up Honda, Gief, Cammy, Fei Long, and Sagat

add me: Saerk Wren

moderate skill

Ferrio

Banned
Xisiqomelir said:
Sweet, no Failstationing today! GGs as always Ferrio

Ya looks like we're pretty evenly matched. It was back and forth the whole time.

Stupid UI bug. Last 10 matches I don't know what my health was if it was below 50%.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Ferrio said:
Ya looks like we're pretty evenly matched. It was back and forth the whole time.

Stupid UI bug. Last 10 matches I don't know what my health was if it was below 50%.

If you get the UI bug where you can't see your health beyond a certain point, and it's red instead of yellow, you should quit out and restart the game to fix it. No point in playing like that unless you have some winning streak you're trying to extend.

Also, those complaining about always fighting Ryu/Ken, play ranked matches. I've seen a good mix of other characters like Guile, Blanka, Honda, Bison, etc. there, and the quality of competition is drastically better than player matches, unless you find a room with shoryuken players. Also had no problems finding people to play in ranked matches. I've probably played over 125 ranked matches and never had to wait longer than two minutes to find an opponent if I'm hosting a game on Xbox Live.

GrayFoxPL

Seiken said:
:lol :lol :lol Holy shit I don't know what to say. Guess I won't be seeing you in the next games :lol

Don't count on it! Did Willy the Coyote ever gave up? Did he?

*Orders ACME joypad

What happens to disconnecters in ranked matches? do they take a loss?

Because a lot of people are doing this just like back in SSF2HF..

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
god damn, I hate blanka. Even the CPU blanka. I can't charge the headbutt fast enough when he goes on his insane overhead j.fw spree. And his ch.f and ch.rh both beat my rush punches. And I'm having a hard time breaking through his lightning without using the headbutt.

:( tips?

CPS2

Brobzoid said:
god damn, I hate blanka. Even the CPU blanka. I can't charge the headbutt fast enough when he goes on his insane overhead j.fw spree. And his ch.f and ch.rh both beat my rush punches. And I'm having a hard time breaking through his lightning without using the headbutt.

:( tips?

cr.HP anti air if you don't have a headbutt charged.

Sounds like you're using rush punches from too far out where they're unsafe. Use the fierce rush punch to punish blanka balls, otherwise it doesn't seem all that useful.

If he's zoning you out then just try to get in close with headbutt whenever you can, and use some close range stuff like cr.MK>cr.MP>low jab rush. Or throw loops, or throw into cr.MK>cr.MP>low jab rush, or cr.LPx2>st.LP>jab rush.

Does this game have the heavy duty CPS1 music included? Or the wimpy CPS2 or both? I listened to the new music and it's so obnoxious I would not be able to tolerate it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
You should be able to set more rules on your games like force everyone to use random select. :lol

revolverjgw said:
Does this game have the heavy duty CPS1 music included? Or the wimpy CPS2 or both? I listened to the new music and it's so obnoxious I would not be able to tolerate it.

I don't know the difference between CPS1 and CPS2 but You can switch the audio to the "original" tracks in the options.

Oh man, I don't know why I have never really played Sim in the last 15 years. Devoted the night to learning him. He is a beast. Just ran into a room of "throwing is cheap" manly men and now my inbox is full of hate mail. noogie noogie noogie noogie :lol

def sim

decon said:
Damn I hate playing against T. Hawk. I rarely meet him online, but when I do he kicks my ass :(

Yeah, I'm trying to get used to fighting the character but I rarely find anyone using him. Fighting the AI doesn't help. :/

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

I CANNOT BEAT FUCKING AKUMA.

I'm playing on FUCKING EASY with the FUCKING GAME SPEED down to ZERO and finally I'm enjoying this game. I get to the end boss (with little to no resistance) and I'm like "oh hey, Akuma sweet I'm gonna unlock him".

Too bad he is FUCKING RIDICULOUS AND INVINCIBLE.

Wanna jump attack? Nope he jumps higher and kicks further.
Wanna fireball? Nope he jumps over that and combos the FUCK out of you.
Wanna block? Too bad he's gonna just keep throwing fireballs at you until you cry.

FUCK THIS GAME.

XBL nickname: tahrikmili

Mains: Ryu, Ken
Skill level: Moderate

Really open to playing with others, especially shoto players, who can teach me a couple of things.

def sim

Cold-Steel said:
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

I'm playing on FUCKING EASY with the FUCKING GAME SPEED down to ZERO and finally I'm enjoying this game. I get to the end boss (with little to no resistance) and I'm like "oh hey, Akuma sweet I'm gonna unlock him".

Wanna block? Too bad he's gonna just keep throwing fireballs at you until you cry.

FUCK THIS GAME.

Akuma is unlocked from the get go, dude.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Cold-Steel said:
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

FUCK THIS GAME.

They aren't going to give you those achievement points for nothing. ;)
Also, you don't need to unlock Akuma. He's hidden above Honda on the versus character selection screen. Just press up. You might need to do the original arcade code to use him in single player (?) Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

*sigh*

I needed to get that out of my system. I broke my controller - something I haven't done in a couple years.

Ugh.

Thanks for the tip about the unlock.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Beat the single player a few times. (Ryu, Vega, Guile). I was a little disappointed in the endings. What happened to Guile grabbing Bison in his OG ending and his family running out to stop him. I guess they didn't want to redo his wife and daughter in HD. :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I use Chun also.

From what I've seen, the matches that are real tough for Chun in this are Ken and Vega.

Ferrio

Banned
arstal said:
I use Chun also.

From what I've seen, the matches that are real tough for Chun in this are Ken and Vega.

Vega might be my best opponent, only cause he's the one I've fought the most. Damn you Xisiqomelir!

henhowc said:
They aren't going to give you those achievement points for nothing. ;)
Also, you don't need to unlock Akuma. He's hidden above Honda on the versus character selection screen. Just press up. You might need to do the original arcade code to use him in single player (?) Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Nope, he is hidden above Guile in arcade mode.

Cold-Steel said:
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

FUCK THIS GAME.

first real playthrough now and I just got to Akuma with Ken. I have been close but he keeps beating me..

Hate the fact the on Super Street fighter the energy bars drain too quickly. Dunno why Capcom did this. I was hoping that this remix version would of not had that..

CPS2

decon said:
Quick question, what is it juggle in SF? To simply keep the other play in the air while beating him up?

You can juggle in ST with specific moves in specific situations, but there isn't a "launch" button like in Marvel. If you want an easy juggle, double tiger knee.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GrayFoxPL said:
Don't count on it! Did Willy the Coyote ever gave up? Did he?

*Orders ACME joypad
Perfect! :D I need to fix a new controller too now :( Can't play with DS3 :/

Whoa finally been able to beat Akuma on fucking EASY! Took me about 20-30 tries, Vega did the trick in the end, won with 0 time left and 1% more of my health intact compared to him :/

panda21

i find it almost impossible to do chun li's charge moves :(

i think i'm doing the timing wrong?? if i hold down back and then quickly press f+p i can do it about one time in ten :|

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
panda21 said:
i find it almost impossible to do chun li's charge moves :(

i think i'm doing the timing wrong?? if i hold down back and then quickly press f+p i can do it about one time in ten :|

Chun Li is my main, I have no idea why you're having problems?

Are you holding back (or d/b+ long enough) ?

There isn't much to it really.

Top Bottom