• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Official Thread

Sanjuro

I've been selling in the buy/sell/trade thread for a bit now trying to reduce my huge game collection. I have some items for the frustrated dpad users.

For XBOX1/PS2/PS3/PC - Street Fighter Anniversary Arcade Stick. It comes with a Pelican USB dongle which will allow it to play on PS3/PC.

ehwz21.jpg
2cz6fbl.jpg

For 360 - Hori EX Turbo. The dpad on this is pure fighting game sex. This controller is no longer manufactured.

euoubq.jpg

The arcade stick is a bit rare so that would be more for the street fighter diehard, but I'm willing to let it go at a decent price range. The controller I'm looking for an average ammount, if you are interested make me an offer! That was the only way I could get to 100 ranked wins basically.

People needing help with Akuma. Chun Li has been mentioned and she works fine. I did it with Guile being cheap with the flash kick and avoiding fireballs.

kobashi100 said:
first real playthrough now and I just got to Akuma with Ken. I have been close but he keeps beating me..

Hate the fact the on Super Street fighter the energy bars drain too quickly. Dunno why Capcom did this. I was hoping that this remix version would of not had that..
What? I'm not quite sure what you mean here.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Bought the game yesterday for 360, I'm blown away. Now I need a good pair of controllers, and I want to buy 'em pretty much now. Any recommendations?

Retail stuff would be preferred, I don't want to order, I just want to make a visit at GameStop and get 'em.

Edit: Damn Shoryukens are nearly impossible with that pad! FUCCKKK
Edit: Alright I'll just drive over and check what they have, I just can't handle this piece of shit controller

panda21

MarkMan said:
Chun Li is my main, I have no idea why you're having problems?

Are you holding back (or d/b+ long enough) ?

There isn't much to it really.

someone posted a few pages back to hold back for a while so that shes walking backwards and then do f+p... it works sometimes but i just cant do it reliably, not just in this either, can't do it in alpha/3s either!

hadouken/shoryuken are fine but i just cant get this :( using a ds 3

do you hold down f and then press p (i do hadouken by sliding from d to f, holding f then pressing p) or do you just tap both quickly? do you need to do it real quick after letting go of b?

incidentally do you know if the madcatz pads/sticks are coming to europe? i checked amazon.co.uk and they only have a pre-order for a madcatz 360 street fighter pad at the moment

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Does anyone with a big TV, say at least 46", ever play in 4:3 mode just to have the entire background? They are gorgeous and it bugs me to cut off a lot of it in the default widescreen.

Has anyone been bothering using Zangief's modified SPD super move? Does it feel natural? Is it that much easier?

wmat said:
Edit: Damn Shoryukens are nearly impossible with that pad! FUCCKKK

Untrue! :) I can't get the complaints aside that pads generally suck for fighters and admittedly, the 360 one is stiff as hell. But yeah, Ryu's up close knee to LP Shoryuken was popping off like butta when I was messing around the other night. No problems in that regard really.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
No I got 47 inches and I play in 16:9, the game is gorgeous.

Add me if you want a Blanka punching bag, GT is AndresON777

360 obviously

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
ChrisGoldstein said:
No I got 47 inches and I play in 16:9, the game is gorgeous.

Add me if you want a Blanka punching bag, GT is AndresON777

360 obviously

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go 4:3 mode on my Sammy for a while till I see all of the backgrounds in their entirety and then switch it back to default.

Been playing in 16:9... I'll check it out in 4:3, but I am using a plasma television.

And I tried playing the 360 version, but I hated using the 360 controller. It's not made for fighting games. The system has been out since 2005 and has been home to Hyper Fighting, Ultimate Mortal Kombat, DOA4, VF5 and Soul Calibur but other than the Hori EX2, no one has catered to this market.

We now have SF IV, Blaz Blue, Tekken 6, KOF XII, KOF 98 Ultimate Match...just glad Madcatz is dropping something for fighting gamers.

Also, the HRAP EX is up for preorder for the xbox users who can't stand the pads.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Spiderjericho said:
Been playing in 16:9... I'll check it out in 4:3, but I am using a plasma television.

And I tried playing the 360 version, but I hated using the 360 controller. It's not made for fighting games. The system has been out since 2005 and has been home to Hyper Fighting, Ultimate Mortal Kombat, DOA4, VF5 and Soul Calibur but other than the Hori EX2, no one has catered to this market.

We now have SF IV, Blaz Blue, Tekken 6, KOF XII, KOF 98 Ultimate Match...just glad Madcatz is dropping something for fighting gamers.

Also, the HRAP EX is up for preorder for the xbox users who can't stand the pads.

Yeah, lemme know what you think, was interested in what people felt about it. I put it in 4:3 for the hell of it (running on LCD) and was surprised at how much extra real estate there was to the bg's. And they look dope too.

h3ro

I just realized something... the PS3 version doesn't have Dolby Digital support! WTF Capcom!
The game is feeding everything through my center channel and using a little bit of my fronts but its all distorted and unclear. This is a problem that I hope is fixed in a patch, because the right now, lots of the game sounds like crap...

This is most likely the same on 360 since the 360 doesn't support DTS, LPCM, etc, it repackets all output as DD regardless of whether it is actually a DD feed or not...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What the hell is up with the Trial Version? I downloaded it today just to check it out but it limits you to local multiplayer only. I don't have a second controller so I can't even play it...

Nif

h3ro said:
I just realized something... the PS3 version doesn't have Dolby Digital support! WTF Capcom!
The game is feeding everything through my center channel and using a little bit of my fronts but its all distorted and unclear. This is a problem that I hope is fixed in a patch, because the right now, lots of the game sounds like crap...

This is most likely the same on 360 since the 360 doesn't support DTS, LPCM, etc, it repackets all output as DD regardless of whether it is actually a DD feed or not...

I'm outputting to Dolby Digital here with the 360 version. Maybe something is wrong with your setup?

Well, since nobody else was up for it, I decided to create a Friends of Friends account.

Gamertag: GAF SSFIITHDR

Be sure to add it if you want play against other GAF'ers.

EDIT: 25+ invites pending at the moment.

h3ro

Nif said:
I'm outputting to Dolby Digital here with the 360 version. Maybe something is wrong with your setup?

It's not my setup. Like I mentioned in my post, its most likely that neither version is coded in DD5.1. The 360 just repackets evertything as DD since it doesn't support other codecs.

Xisiqomelir

Brobzoid said:
god damn, I hate blanka. Even the CPU blanka. I can't charge the headbutt fast enough when he goes on his insane overhead j.fw spree. And his ch.f and ch.rh both beat my rush punches. And I'm having a hard time breaking through his lightning without using the headbutt.

:( tips?

1) You can start charging the minute the announcer says "Round X!"

2) In arcade ST you can throw Blanka out of electricity. I heard they nerfed the range in Remix, so dunno if that still works.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Damn, played for 1hr last night not that bad. Aside from one guy completely handing me my ass it was really good. LOVE THIS GAME!

ShinAmano

SanjuroTsubaki said:
People needing help with Akuma. Chun Li has been mentioned and she works fine. I did it with Guile being cheap with the flash kick and avoiding fireballs.
Hey in that pic are the Saturn pads for sale? How much?

Also isn't there supposed to be a stats website? Where is it at?

As for Akuma if you have trouble use Cammy...her cannon spike is godly.

Sanjuro

ShinAmano said:
Hey in that pic are the Saturn pads for sale? How much?

Also isn't there supposed to be a stats website? Where is it at?

As for Akuma if you have trouble use Cammy...her cannon spike is godly.
Not alone. I have a Saturn lot with everything I'm looking to sell.

GrayFoxPL

decon said:
Is the PS1 so different from the DS3?

Very.
With PS2's DS2 they introduced preassure sensitive buttons and did it for d-pad too. This totally retarded decision made d-pad way more stiff and harder to press. It's the same with sixaxis and ds3. Original PS1 pad is super light and the d-pad is responsive and easy to press.

On topic of the game: I'm getting tired of all the errors and glitches. It starting to look like a clusterfuck. I hope they're working on a patch already or the game will start to be known by the name of Super Glitch Fighter 2 Turbo: Delayed Remix.

Is live getting all those ridicilous errors too? Here on PSN online part is looking like pre alpha build.

I just got done playing about a dozen games. None of my wins tabulated...

I was at 92 when I started playing...at the end I was at 94...even though I know I won like eight or nine times. Gah...

Ran into problems with that blasted Chunl-Li jumping short. Also, Blanka has started to give me problems.

I Shon Goku Satsu someone today. I can't believe they made Akuma legal.

GrayFoxPL said:
On topic of the game: I'm getting tired of all the errors and glitches. It starting to look like a clusterfuck. I hope they're working on a patch already or the game will start to be known by the name of Super Glitch Fighter 2 Turbo: Delayed Remix.

Is live getting all those ridicilous errors too? Here on PSN online part is looking like pre alpha build.

The game is glitchy on Live and PSN. There are reports on Gaf and SRK. There's the black background glitch. There's the disconnects. There's the sound cutting out. There's the lag.

I hate the lag. Sometimes when someone uppercuts, I'll try to hit them or throw when they land, and somehow they magically do it to me.

CPS2

Spiderjericho said:
I can't believe they made Akuma legal.

How good is Akuma though in HDR? He's got some interesting combos, I've only seen basic stuff like DP into tatsu and vice versa, but nothing that screams top tier. They definitely got rid of everything that made him the best in ST.

bob_arctor said:
Yeah, lemme know what you think, was interested in what people felt about it. I put it in 4:3 for the hell of it (running on LCD) and was surprised at how much extra real estate there was to the bg's. And they look dope too.

I prefer the wide screen, as it zooms in on the characters a bit. Couldn't play it for long anyways with the black bars and having a plasma.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
decon said:
Is the PS1 so different from the DS3?
Yes, Jesus Christ!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Xisiqomelir said:
1) You can start charging the minute the announcer says "Round X!"

2) In arcade ST you can throw Blanka out of electricity. I heard they nerfed the range in Remix, so dunno if that still works.
Knew about the charge thing. But when I'm turtling which is my primary approach for Blanka at the moment, I fuck up a headbutt or get knocked down once and boooooom! he's on me like a hooker-rash. j.fw-j.fw-j.fw and my brain is in total panic trying headbutts and messing up my charging like I've got parkinson. And when he relents I try to hit up a rush to get some damage in, but he just beats me out of it with ch.rh/ch.f. :(
Total failure. I managed to beat some CPU Blankas and a decent Blanka online after reading the previous tips given.

On the throw range thing; I feel I've got to be insanely close to get a grab in. Can Balrog Kara? If so, how? I get messed up trying to throw most of the time. Only manage it consistently on wake-up and corner lock-downs.

Can TAPs pass through fireballs? I thought so, but I can't get the timing down for the life of me, so I'm starting to think it's not doable. :\

edit:
Seiken said:
Yes, Jesus Christ!

I tried playing a little with my DS3 today, cus I was too lazy to plug in my saturn USB, and hoooly shit. I couldn't do a fireball at all nearly. I had like 20% consistency. I feel for all of you who play with this shit. :(

Momar

aka Ryder
Bahh.... I wish I could be at my apt. playing! Curse you thanksgiving! I actually dug out my old genesis to see if I could find my SF 2 CE... no dice :'(

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Seems like german retailers generally don't have other pads than the original 360 ones. I was everywhere. Damn, might have to import. Microsoft sucks for not being able to build a good controller!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Brobzoid said:
I tried playing a little with my DS3 today, cus I was too lazy to plug in my saturn USB, and hoooly shit. I couldn't do a fireball at all nearly. I had like 20% consistency. I feel for all of you who play with this shit. :(
Still, I have no idea why my PS1 controller decided to die all of a sudden... wtf.

UC1 said:
How good is Akuma though in HDR? He's got some interesting combos, I've only seen basic stuff like DP into tatsu and vice versa, but nothing that screams top tier. They definitely got rid of everything that made him the best in ST.

I'll quote you...and reply with a quote from Ultra David from SRK:

This dude is so good.

--win pose grunt is the same noise as hawk's 360
--seems to only have 2 colors
--best fireball game in the game outside of Ryu with super ready
--hurricane kicks knock down and juggle and do great damage both on the ground and in the air
--dragon punch is fully invincible, does huge damage
--air fireball leads to very difficult lockdown for some characters; can throw fireballs right behind the opponent's head as he wakes up and fly right over most reversal dragon punches
--need to do chip damage? air fireball, crouching fierce, fierce fireball.
--stun the opponent? do air fireball, forward hurricane kick, jab dragon punch, set up for meaty air fireball
--raging demon is awesome.
--demon goes through all attacks, even from max range (ie max range demon beat someone who was trying to normal me out of it),
--demon goes through air attacks so it's a great antiair, can antiair people with it from half a screen away
--throw an air fireball over someone's head and demon to almost guarantee damage (if they jump they hit the fireball, stand they get hit by demon, only an invincible move gets them out), whiff short hurricane into demon, etc

--hurricane kick has kinda crappy priority, loses cleanly to a bunch of things on startup

It sucks that he takes as much damage as he does, but frankly I expected him to take more, so it's not as horrible as I thought it would be.

Edit: I'm honestly not sure they nerfed him enough...

(Akuma Strategy thread) http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=168766

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Spiderjericho said:
I prefer the wide screen, as it zooms in on the characters a bit. Couldn't play it for long anyways with the black bars and having a plasma.

My friend's in the same boat--he loves how big and meaty they look in widescreen. I dunno--I may keep it 4:3 to be honest. It gives the game a better sense of perspective imo as well as showing everything. Ken's stage is a good example of this with the boat bobbing up and down.

Oh yeah, I asked this before but is Chun's new spinning bird kick useful now? Can the LK version be used to cross-up someone getting up off the floor?

Brobzoid

Seiken said:
Still, I have no idea why my PS1 controller decided to die all of a sudden... wtf.
because it's old as shit? it didn't even have sticks boiii!! I say wtf to that.

Chun's spin kick is awesome. goes over fireballs and you can space it so you land all up in their face and it has less recovery than than fireballs I think, at least I've been able to consistently mess up ruy and ken doing it. You can do it as a cross up on crouching enemies too, messes with their heads, since nobody's too familiar with it yet, don't know where to block and shit.

Is there a good strategy guide for this game? Something more than a moves list - a good guide for strategies for each character and a list of good combos or something?

My SF3 skills aren't transferring at all, and it doesn't play a lot like SF2:CE..

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'll have to limit my SF2 time for a bit while I break in the new TV, but I'll be on here and there for spurts of SF2 fun.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
1) I play like shit.
2) 360 controller sucks for this.
3) I can't get past Blanka.

Ok, so Tips? I was using Ryu but I tried some others and I suck just as badly :lol

I am feeling like I wasted 15 bucks :p

pCeSlAyEr

Relix said:
1) I play like shit.

Ok, so Tips? I was using Ryu but I tried some others and I suck just as badly :lol

Blanka is my crutch aswell, and I have no idea why :(

I just blocked like crazy and eventually beat him:lol

if anyone wants some sparring practice i'll be on live for a little while. (actually downloading it to my other 360 right now)

I am by no means good, but by no means bad either.

pceslayerxxx

CPS2

Spiderjericho said:
I'll quote you...and reply with a quote from Ultra David from SRK:

(Akuma Strategy thread) http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=168766

Sounds like he's got a pretty good demon setup and some nice combos there. I don't really see anything that makes him broken or the best though. I was just saying that he's allowed in plenty of other games, it doesn't really shock me that he's allowed in HDR. The main things they had to get rid of were that arc on the air fireball, the fierce red hadou traps, and his inability to get stunned. They fixed all that, and while he's still good, I haven't seen anyone kicking ass with him just yet.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Relix said:
1) I play like shit.

How is he messing with you? Remember that you can stop his standard ball attack with a well-timed normal--crouching LP will negate it (MP or something stronger with good timing/anticipation). I dunno how much they've changed so remember I am basing all this on the old school version. Back in the day I cut down my boy's full-screen FP roll with Honda's FP standing overhead chop. Yeah, that slow-ass one. Shit looked just brutal. :lol

CO_Andy

Brobzoid said:
Either that or you just suck at using dpads in general. I've had no problems pulling 360 motions.

Huggers

I've been playing with the DS3 exclusively. It was tough at first but I have become much more consistant with fireballs etc. It's not ideal and definitely more hardwork than it should, I'll definitely look to get the best pad for the job soon, any suggestions?

UC1 said:
Sounds like he's got a pretty good demon setup and some nice combos there. I don't really see anything that makes him broken or the best though. I was just saying that he's allowed in plenty of other games, it doesn't really shock me that he's allowed in HDR. The main things they had to get rid of were that arc on the air fireball, the fierce red hadou traps, and his inability to get stunned. They fixed all that, and while he's still good, I haven't seen anyone kicking ass with him just yet.

You're right. They did balance him a bit. He's kind of like 3S Akuma in that he punishes mistakes, decent zoning (well...there is no zoning in 3S) and there are some interesting setups for the demon.

Both Akuma and Sagat seem to have been nerfed a little bit...but given other things to try to compensate. I don't know how, but I got juggled three times with Tiger Knee. I've only managed to do juggle twice.

My main gripe with the game is the damage. Gah. Certain characters can kill you with a combo and a half. Throws do a decent amount (maybe 15 percent or higher).

Also, WTF...Zangief can build super meter by whiffing his SPD.

Brobzoid

CO_Andy said:
Either that or you just suck at using dpads in general. I've had no problems pulling 360 motions.
defense: I could do it, even consistently, but I had to really focus on it and it was taking up too much brain power leaving very little for actual strategies when panic and desperation already takes up so much... with the saturn pad, the motions practically do themselves. ;)

Ciel

GrayFoxPL said:

Good games dude. The connection was horrible though.

So the tiers are definitely different, right? I feel I can win with anyone now, even Hawk and Cammy [lower tier IIRC?]

So addictive. And getting better is rewarding too.

Yall add me!
PSN-Seer

Top Bottom