• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Thrill Ride that is Gran Turismo Sport.....Already Running on PS5.....

thelastword

Banned
As someone who has seen this overhyped marketing BS, followed by a big hype crash once the console actually launches and people realise it can't literally beam photorealistic 3D virtual reality rainbow lasers into their eyes, time and time again...I'll believe it when I see it. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying my high-refresh rates on PC, the platform that has been capable of them for decades now.

IMO most if not all PS5 games will NOT run at anything even near 4K@120hz, and even if they do it will be because they have graphics that demand much less power than comtempory games making native 4K and 60hz+ easy to achieve [ie - a tech showpiece game] or use some form of reconstruction that means its not true 4K or... god help us... MOTION INTERPOLATION... to produce more frames. *shudders*

Here is Doom 2016 running at max settings at 4K, he is using a 2080ti and it is regularly going below 90fps in battles, so unless the GPU in the PS5 costs $1000 I have my doubts we'll be seeing framerates near 120hz at 4K. Unless PS5 games released in 2021 are going to look like a game from 2016.

I hear cries of, "But the PS5 might still output a 4K@120hz signal and just not always achieve 120 fps but be fluctuating from 60-120 fps depending on the scene" and to that I say "That sounds horrible." I would prefer locked 60 fps over that, so many console games that have an unlocked framerate [going between 30 and 60] feel awful.

How many 4k 120Hz games have you guys been playing on PC...…..Using a 2080ti on a PC to determine if a game can run at 4k 120Hz is not seeing the forest for the trees....A 2080ti has never been properly optimized for, there is not one game in existence that was developed with a 2080ti in mind......From indies to AAA.....You can't use the lack of performance on your 2080ti as a litmust vs a closed environment console with it's own unique architecture and engineering...Also, GTS was developed for PS4 hardware on 1.84TF...….With the advancements they are going to get on a much more powerful GPU with PS5's fast buses and efficient engineering.....I will not doubt that Kaz is going to hit 4k 120Hz with GTS on PS5...….He may not quite get there with GT7, but CB 4K at 120Hz for GT7 is a possibility notwithstanding......

I see no problem with a 4k Native 60fps GT7 along with a 4KCB 120fps mode...….People are pretending they don't know GTS can be played at 1080p or 1800CB......Options in games are a good thing...…...And as I said, there will be lots of indies that can easily do 4k 120HZ......Guacamelee 3, AA games etc.....It does not only have to be AAA games which attempt it......I hope you guys say something, when we see some really impressive looking 4k 120Hz games nextgen…..I hope you guys say something...

Banned
IMO most if not all PS5 games will NOT run at anything even near 4K@120hz, and even if they do it will be because they have graphics that demand much less power than comtempory games making native 4K and 60hz+ easy to achieve [ie - a tech showpiece game] or use some form of reconstruction that means its not true 4K or... god help us... MOTION INTERPOLATION... to produce more frames. *shudders*

Here is Doom 2016 running at max settings at 4K, he is using a 2080ti and it is regularly going below 90fps in battles, so unless the GPU in the PS5 costs $1000 I have my doubts we'll be seeing framerates near 120hz at 4K. Unless PS5 games released in 2021 are going to look like a game from 2016.

I hear cries of, "But the PS5 might still output a 4K@120hz signal and just not always achieve 120 fps but be fluctuating from 60-120 fps depending on the scene" and to that I say "That sounds horrible." I would prefer locked 60 fps over that, so many console games that have an unlocked framerate [going between 30 and 60] feel awful.

running any modern PC game at max settings is stupid to begin with. often lower settings look almost the same and save massive amounts of resources

Kuranghi

running any modern PC game at max settings is stupid to begin with. often lower settings look almost the same and save massive amounts of resources

I would often agree but its not just more gpu usage for miniscule gain in the case of Doom 2016, its all made to be enabled now, or rather was then, its not like Serious Sam or Crysis or something lol.

Kuranghi

How many 4k 120Hz games have you guys been playing on PC...…..Using a 2080ti on a PC to determine if a game can run at 4k 120Hz is not seeing the forest for the trees....A 2080ti has never been properly optimized for, there is not one game in existence that was developed with a 2080ti in mind......From indies to AAA.....You can't use the lack of performance on your 2080ti as a litmust vs a closed environment console with it's own unique architecture and engineering...Also, GTS was developed for PS4 hardware on 1.84TF...….With the advancements they are going to get on a much more powerful GPU with PS5's fast buses and efficient engineering.....I will not doubt that Kaz is going to hit 4k 120Hz with GTS on PS5...….He may not quite get there with GT7, but CB 4K at 120Hz for GT7 is a possibility notwithstanding......

I see no problem with a 4k Native 60fps GT7 along with a 4KCB 120fps mode...….People are pretending they don't know GTS can be played at 1080p or 1800CB......Options in games are a good thing...…...And as I said, there will be lots of indies that can easily do 4k 120HZ......Guacamelee 3, AA games etc.....It does not only have to be AAA games which attempt it......I hope you guys say something, when we see some really impressive looking 4k 120Hz games nextgen…..I hope you guys say something...

Firstly: https://www.scribendi.com/advice/ellipses_junkie.en.html

But 4KCB is not even close to native 4K, I'd rather run it natively at 1080p or 1440p. Horizon Zero Dawn has some of the best CB rendering out there and it doesn't give you anything near the image quality of AAA 2017+ PC games running in native 4K.

Even 1800p is not a patch on 2160p, its 8294400 vs 5760000 pixels. its over 30% more pixels. I'd say 3456x1944 is where it starts to be hard to tell the difference between that and native 4K on a 4K screen.

Banned
I would often agree but its not just more gpu usage for miniscule gain in the case of Doom 2016, its all made to be enabled now, or rather was then, its not like Serious Sam or Crysis or something lol.

turning down shadow resolution in any game usually results in a minimal quality loss but massive fps gain.

I wonder how just tuning them down a notch in this case would boost fps

sendit

This explains why Kaz said he may target 120-240fps...…..They can probably target such framerates with GTS on PS5.... 240fps for VR and 4k 120fps for a GTS port to PS5 for those who will have the 120Hz Tv's.....

gran-turismo-sport-ps4-playstation-4-1.original.jpg

Gran Turismo PS5 Could Target a Mind Melting 240 Frames-Per-Second

We’ve already seen Gran Turismo Sport running in 8K resolution, but speaking with Australian media at a recent event, Polyphony Digital honcho Kazunori Yamauchi revealed that he believes 4K is good enough for games. The veteran believes that framerate is much more important, and he’s potentially aiming big for the PlayStation 5’s first incarnation of the massive simulation racing series.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020...d_target_a_mind_melting_240_frames-per-second

Now that's GTS.....but we could we see...

gran-turismo-sport-ps4-playstation-4-1.original.jpg

This level of visuals in realtime/gameplay in GT7?

If he is targeting 240 FPS, you will get Nintendo Switch level of visuals.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I wouldn't mind this at launch for free, 4k locked 60fps and less aggressive lod pop in. But isn't this the kind of shit the xbox Series X is getting shit for. Being held back by the current generation, I want a new Gts.

Top Bottom