• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ungodly Creatures Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Great replies guys. I assumed this would just be a spider thread, but there are a lot of unique animals shown here and I learned a lot.

ps no more spiders

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I like how the thread title serves a dual-purpose.

The existence of these creatures proves there is no God!

Norml

Tideas said:
cymothia exigua

Cymothoa_exigua.jpg

^ wtf the fish has teeth?.

Here some fish with a transparent head.

Macropinna microstoma-
6a00d8341bf67c53ef01116892819d970c-pi

6a00d8341bf67c53ef01127906dbdb28a4-pi

video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM9o4VnfHJU

viciouskillersquirrel said:
But he's just a joke character some GAFer invented for the lulz. That makes picking on him so much fun!

Awww...

Sorry, Kittonwy :(
He's not that bad. At least he does it online and not all the time offline like a couple people I know. Yes, there are people who act and meow like cats in every day life.

Zeliard

abstract alien said:
I still find it so odd that the actual eyes are the green spheres that looks like some sort of brain inside the clear shell, and the "nose" is what looks like it should be eyes close to the mouth.

I can't even visualize that if I look at the actual thing and try. :lol

Mike M

Nick N
Baker said:
Why are a lot of people freaked out by those big crabs? Is it just something I don't understand because I live in the middle of the country far, far way from any coastline?

A regular sized crab can break your finger with its claw without a whole lot of effort. A coconut crab could probably crush your femur, and no one would be able to get it off.

Zeliard

This thread does nothing if not prove the saying that truth is stranger than fiction.

It's hard to imagine that these are only limited to the creatures we've actually managed to catch on tape.

Shiggie

Those coconut crabs are really delicious because all they eat are coconuts and they have this fatty pouch which stores all the sweet coconut juices.
I reeealy want to taste one of those giants.

Tarazet

abstract alien said:
I still find it so odd that the actual eyes are the green spheres that looks like some sort of brain inside the clear shell, and the "nose" is what looks like it should be eyes close to the mouth.

That is the brain. It doesn't have nostrils. Some fish have 'em, some don't..

The_Dude

sonarrat said:
You didn't see this linked on the first page? The green parts are the lenses of its eyes, the holes at the front are its 'nose'.

sonarrat said:
*scratches head*
...but in the video, it said that the two green spheres were actually eyes, and the two things that looked like eyes were the equivalent of nostrils. I think...

Im lost again :lol

The_Dude said:
You didn't see this linked on the first page? The green parts are the lenses of its eyes, the holes at the front are its 'nose'.
Thats what I got from it.

Tarazet

abstract alien said:
*scratches head*
...but in the video, it said that the two green spheres were actually eyes, and the two things that looked like eyes were the equivalent of nostrils. I think...

Im lost again :lol

Thats what I got from it.

...I'm much less fond of that fish now for some reason.

Vinci

Danish
Even though I'm ordinarily a chicken when it comes to creepy, fucked-up nature stuff, this thread has proven remarkably educational.

And creepy. And fucked-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom