• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Voice" Season 3 |OT| of Christina Explains It All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say I like how friendly this show feels compared to X Factor. They don't appear to be out to embarrass performers. I've enjoyed the last two nights of shows a lot, talent-wise and the judges repartee.

I've been watching delayed, so I missed out on the live responses in thread.

Really likeing the show, but I fast-forward though much of the biography stuff. They seem to really be pumping the "stardom will redeem me and all my past hurts" angle, and it's old.

I also likeld the yodeller.

I like the tall hobbit.

In general, the talent level seems higher than the last couple of years.

royalan

YAY THE VOICE!!!!!

EDIT: This guy's first mistake was covering The Flopted.

The second mistake was lack of talent.

forrest

formerly nacire
Agree on the "Yodeler". Her voice was consistent throughout. I also enjoyed the guy who went to team Adam whose dad was a famous musician.

*Can someone please explain to me why Carson Daily is still around? I mean if the guy's excitement levels while hosting a show like this are as low as they appear, I can only imagine what a bore he must be off the set. I could have a better time watching paint dry. Ryan Seacrest should start a hosting school.

Pkaz01

Its a shame that more people are watching/commenting on x factor and idol over this show. Theres just so much more talent and the judges on this show are actually fun to watch (especially cee lo), well except when adam and christina are being annoying. Blake and cee lo are great though I loved blake's face when the la bamba guy started singing.

the guy that sang listen is probably my favorite so far dude killed it

forrest

formerly nacire
Its a shame that more people are watching/commenting on x factor and idol over this show. Theres just so much more talent and the judges on this show are actually fun to watch (especially cee lo), well except when adam and christina are being annoying. Blake and cee lo are great though I loved blake's face when the la bamba guy started singing.

I agree on the judges. Blake really is a guy's guy and just has a great sense of humor about him. They all seem to have a pretty good chemistry together as a panel.

I don't agree about the talent. I think the talent is more mature on The Voice and I just plain don't watch X-Factor. With Idol having it's age limits, there's sure to be a level of inexperience present in more of the contestants, but as far as raw talent, I think the folks on Idol are just as good as those on The Voice.

It is a shame more people are watching xfactor but, people love drama and xfactor has it on lock down.

I agree on the judges. Blake really is a guy's guy and just has a great sense of humor about him. They all seem to have a pretty good chemistry together as a panel.

I don't agree about the talent. I think the talent is more mature on The Voice and I just plain don't watch X-Factor. With Idol having it's age limits, there's sure to be a level of inexperience present in more of the contestants, but as far as raw talent, I think the folks on Idol are just as good as those on The Voice.

I think the most talented singers had to be the ones on the sing off they were incredible. The stuff they could do that was all acappella is crazy. It sucks that NBC canceled the show.

forrest

formerly nacire
I think the most talented singers had to be the ones on the sing off they were incredible. The stuff they could do that was all acappella is crazy. It sucks that NBC canceled the show.
Yeah the sing off was great, mad skills on display there!

Pkaz01

Damn that girl cee lo got stuck with is going to throw a big meltdown when she eventually gets dropped.

Pretty funny episode hilarious to see cee lo missing out, even though its obviously edited to keep a balance on who has what number of people it was still well done.

Blake is obviously drunk the whole time but its nice to see judges having fun with it.

Tried to watch X Factor last night. It's pretty much unwatchable. Such a mean, cruel show, and the two judges they added are zeroes. I thought all 3 episodes of The Voice so far have been really good, but they've apparently gone away from their initial goal of presenting singers of all types/ages. It's been mostly young, attractive people so far. I don't mind it, but hopefully they toss in some more "eclectic" singers as the 8 additional hours of auditions continue.

And don't equate thread length with show quality. Especially not here.

Damn that girl cee lo got stuck with is going to throw a big meltdown when she eventually gets dropped.

Pretty funny episode hilarious to see cee lo missing out, even though its obviously edited to keep a balance on who has what number of people it was still well done.

Blake is obviously drunk the whole time but its nice to see judges having fun with it.

Christina was right about that girl Domo (D to the O to the M to the O). She's going to be a handful. I don't blame people for not picking Ceelo. In the two prior seasons he appears to be more concerned with acting goofy than he is presenting his artists in a way that most benefits them. He's funny though and adds a lot to the show. I was hoping he'd match her little audience baiting chant with his own: "I'm a H to the O to the M to the O...sapien!" She's cute though, and not a bad dancer.

Cancelled?! Booo!

I like thevoice but love the Sing Off. Didn't realize it was gone for good.

Move evidence that thread size at Neogaf is an indicator of nothing:

8:00

The Voice - Viewers: 9.61 million (#1), A18-49: 2.9/10 (#1)
X-Factor - Viewers: 7.07 million (#2), A18-49: 2.6/ 9 (#2)

8:30

The Voice - Viewers: 11.71 million (#1), A18-49: 3.7/11 (#1)
X-Factor - Viewers: 7.84 million (#2), A18-49: 2.9/ 9 (#2)

Move evidence that thread size at Neogaf is an indicator of nothing:

8:00

The Voice - Viewers: 9.61 million (#1), A18-49: 2.9/10 (#1)
X-Factor - Viewers: 7.07 million (#2), A18-49: 2.6/ 9 (#2)

8:30

The Voice - Viewers: 11.71 million (#1), A18-49: 3.7/11 (#1)
X-Factor - Viewers: 7.84 million (#2), A18-49: 2.9/ 9 (#2)

Sweet!

Cancelled?! Booo!

I like thevoice but love the Sing Off. Didn't realize it was gone for good.

I did not know either until yesterday when I googled it and found that its being replaced by another singing show which is a mix of the voices duel rounds and deal or no deal. It sounds like a horrible idea considering they already have a singing comptetion on the same network thats similar.

Just getting caught up. This is my favorite and the only singing show I watch (r.i.p. The Sing-Off).

EDIT: Watched the first episodes. So many good singers I like! Also cool to see someone I follow on Youtube on the show (Lisa Scinta).

Mumei

I am glad The Voice is doing better. Much better talent - though that's more an artifact of how bad X-Factor was - more likable judging, less obnoxiously pretentious format, etc.

The Voice is infinitely better than X-Factor. Just the way the show is setup is more agreeable with me. X-factor is ready to tear these people down and showcase the bad with the good. Its more likely to use lowest common denominators to entertain. The Voice at least showcases average to exceptional singers. And the judges aren't so really judges but agents working to better their team for the win.

I saw part of X-Factor last night and Britney looked busted. That girl needs to get some rest. Christina looks infinitely better physically. Plus, shes got the boobies.

The Voice is infinitely better than X-Factor. Just the way the show is setup is more agreeable with me. X-factor is ready to tear these people down and showcase the bad with the good. Its more likely to use lowest common denominators to entertain. The Voice at least showcases average to exceptional singers. And the judges aren't so really judges but agents working to better their team for the win.

I saw part of X-Factor last night and Britney looked busted. That girl needs to get some rest. Christina looks infinitely better physically. Plus, shes got the boobies.

Everything about The Voice seems to be friendly and kind, whereas X Factor is built around manufactured drama and shit-fits between the judges.

I can't imagine those are the ratings Simon envisioned when he hired her, which means one thing - he's going to kick up the drama a million percent, making it virtually unwatchable.

Here's a pub shot of DOMO. I love her boombox ring.

LL

Kisaya

botty

Banned
Christina Aguilera will show a snippet of the video for her new single, "Your Body" (now available on itunes), during today's episode.

I'm so excited.

iobYkuMnmTjSf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom