• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead Season 3 Teaser

Shocked at how much I don't care anymore. The second half of season 2 soured me so much that I don't think even a much more grown up Clem can bring me back.

Bandit1

Been hanging in the Sony thread and almost forgot we were getting season 3 news. Really glad this is coming back! Time jump was expected after the way S2 ended.
Kenny leaving Clem and AJ at Wellington is the ending I got and best ending as well imo.
Hopefully this season performs better technically.

Part of me wants to go back to season 2 and
have Kenny live and go off with him, he was always my bro and I always had his back. But I don't want to go through the pain of losing him again, as he would most assuredly die in Season 3
. I think I had the safest ending though.

Ok Telltale, finish this and get your ass on Tales from the Borderlands 2.

CrazyDude

Found image of Clementine through all three seasons.

mvWo4Hr.png

tdwig

Neo Member
Wow didn't realize they updated their engine, both this and batman (from the screen shots) seem to look much better than previous telltale games. Hoping they have finally taken care of the weird performance issues their engine has produced in the past.

Love this series and definitely looking forward to season 3!

Season 2 wasn't as good as Season 1, but I still really enjoyed it. Can't wait for 3.

I felt the same way, and I can't blame them for it because topping season 1 would have been incredibly hard. 1 was just too good.

I don't expect 3 to be better than 1 either, but I'm sure I'll still really enjoy it.

Dremark

Banned
I absolutely love Clementine, so I'm glad to see that so far there's a trilogy that tells her story.

My interest for Season 3 wouldn't be the same if we'd move away from her after the lackluster (but still mostly enjoyable) Season 2.

I want a proper sequel to the awesome emotional rollecoaster that was Season 1, and I want to see Clementine developed as a strong character like Lee was.

And not [Season 2 spoilers]
"Baby Clementine does everything instead of more capable adults because that's who we play as"
because it felt wrong, especially in a story-driven game.

Anyway, can't wait!

Honestly Clementine doing the stuff she did felt like a natural progression of her character in S1 to me. Granted that might be the result of choices I made in my game and if I decided differently it might have felt force assuming said things stay the same regardless.

Dremark

Banned
Not that choices matter bit I wonder how they're going to handle s2 and s1 imports. They can't honestly expect people to buy and replay the games if their audience has moved on to different platforms. Course this doesn't really affect PC players.

It does if they've moved on to a different platform. I believe Sony and MS have cloudscapes on thier current and last gen platforms so it should be doable if they moved on to the more recent ones.

These games are pretty much on everything though so in most cases it's probably best to stick to the platform you've been playing it on.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wish there was a way to upload our saves from the first two games on old platforms so I could access them on PS4 :/

I really hope they give you a way to indicate which major decisions you made in the previous games.

But more likely they will just ignore them and go with a set 'canon' story that stays vague regarding the first two seasons' decisions.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm totally on board for more TellTale Adventures when it comes to TWD. Also, while I normally hate all of the waiting between episodes I don't know that I can resist jumping into Season 3 right at the beginning... I need to see what happens~

mvWo4Hr.png

How does that hat still fit.

Still, very nice. Thanks!

MNC

Am I imagining things? That animation did not look bad at all. And there's a certain shader on things... And DoF.... Engine upgrade?

Teepo671

I don't understand how anyone
could allow Kenny to live after all the shit he does! Also I totally forgot that was a choice. Curious how much it mattered.

Agreed! I was actually happy to see
him appear in season 2 but as the game went on he quickly reminded me why I grew to hate his guts in the first season so I just put a bullet in him at the end.

dorisdelay

Neo Member
If that teaser was recorded in-engine then TellTale have addressed one of the biggest problems with their games; the clip looks like it's running smooth and is easy on the eyes.

As for story, making Clem a teenager means about 4/5 years has passed, which makes me confused as to how this now fits into the bigger Walking Dead universe. Can anyone who reads the comics tell me what we would expect to be going on at this point in the timeline?

Crono27

Agreed! I was actually happy to see
him appear in season 2 but as the game went on he quickly reminded me why I grew to hate his guts in the first season so I just put a bullet in him at the end.

same he deserved it. Cant wait till fall!

jakomocha

I'm sooooo hyped, TWD S1 is one of my favorite games of all time, and I really enjoyed Season 2. Also, Telltale is one of my favorite devs in general. I really hope they don't
kill Kenny off if you stuck with him
, that would be incredibly disappointing.
How does that hat still fit.
Wasn't it her dad's, and he just lent it to her when he was going away?

On a separate note, I really hope we get a second season of Tales from the Borderlands one day. I'm afraid we won't :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Solid improvement to the visuals from game to game as well.

Bladenic

I still haven't played S2. And I guess S2 of Wolf Among Us is never gonna exist (unless it was made as a one off thing).

Chaos17

mvWo4Hr.png

I love Clem and I am glad we're continuing her story but I'm surprised GAF is okay that a child is going so much through shit. While when it's japanese game idiots come and claim : "children should not fight! You retards!"

Kazuhira

Surprised at that dislike of Season 2-I thought it was great. Really heart wrenching at points.

I just think it was a dumb idea that a group of adults depends on a 12(?) year old girl to make the tough calls.
S2 was alright though,the short-haired girl was one of my fave characters and
it's a shame i had to choose between her and kenny,i wanted to save both.
Thankfully the time-skip could leave everything open and unclear to keep both sides happy,maybe someone will ask you questions about what happened and you can answer based on your preferred ending,ala Witcher 3.

DedValve

Banned
I love Clem and I am glad we're continuing her story but I'm surprised GAF is okay that a child is going so much through shit. While when it's japanese game idiots come and claim : "children should not fight you retards!"

Hm?

Children are put in shit literally all the time in gaming. I think the problem comes when young Clementine dresses with literally nothing but some "protective" parts over her privates and seduces lee claiming she's actually a 10000 year old dragon that just happens to look like a 9 year old so its totally ok to bang.

But I've never seen any double standard applied to violence to children in japanese games. Especially since almost no game, bar The Last of Us, puts children in such a grimdark world.

Dremark

Banned
#teamkennyreturns

Come get me haters.

Would be funny if he came back
regardless of your choice in the previous game. Ken lived in my game so I don't know how dead he got in the other routes. I assume most people assumed he was dead after S1 too.

Dremark

Banned
I just think it was a dumb idea that a group of adults depends on a 12(?) year old girl to make the tough calls.

I don't really recall her making many decisions for the group. I was actually under the impression that aside from the ending most of Clementine's choices don't amount to all that much.

Boem

I haven't read the entire thread and this may be obvious to everyone, but did anyone notice that that zombie has the same tattoo as that guy next to Clementine? I think that's what the 'mark 2' dialogue referenced. Could be a hint at the story there, maybe the zombie and that guy (and possibly Clem) were part of the same settlement or something.

Jonbo298

So they solved the problem with the multiple endings of S2 with a big time skip

Prediction: Opening scene is a catch up based on who lived/died at the end of S2 and kill off more/go on their own. Maybe 1 or 2 characters with you from S2 in the beginning (ala S1 to S2) but they'll be killed off or go their own way also.

It's predictable at this point because the resources to handle completely separate story branches the entire game based on prior choices is too much for Telltale. At the same time, I can be completely wrong.

Dremark

Banned
Prediction: Opening scene is a catch up based on who lived/died at the end of S2 and kill off more/go on their own. Maybe 1 or 2 characters with you from S2 in the beginning (ala S1 to S2) but they'll be killed off or go their own way also.

It's predictable at this point because the resources to handle completely separate story branches the entire game based on prior choices is too much for Telltale. At the same time, I can be completely wrong.

I think it was just Ken or Jane with Clementine at the end, all the others backstabbed her by that point. I believe there are at least 4 endings, staying with Jane, Staying with Kenny, going off on your own and being left at the settlement by Ken.

I'm going to assume you end up at the settlement with whichever of the two is still alive one way or another and things move on from there.

FluxWaveZ

I love Clem and I am glad we're continuing her story but I'm surprised GAF is okay that a child is going so much through shit. While when it's japanese game idiots come and claim : "children should not fight you retards!"

I've never seen this argument made ever. Would need examples.

I'm guessing the Clementine in this trailer didn't receive the "Keep you hair short" advice from Lee.

Looking at her glassy eyes, maybe that Clementine stopped giving a crap.

is the vita version confirmed? I played first and second season on vita, I would hate to lose my progress. please, release on the dead vita. perfect console

DonMigs85

So the Molly ending is the canon one eh? Looks like Clem's also entered puberty here...
Edit: No canon one after all, but I bet they sweep a lot of choices you made in the past under the rug in short order

Top Bottom