• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead Season 8 - Part 2 [OT] It's just a scratch Carrrrrrrl

NickFire

I'm almost to the point where I want the show cancelled to make it easier to stop watching. Last night teased another huge showdown with the saviors, and I am sorry short of a few deaths of people I really don't care about (some may not have ever been seen before), it ended in the exact same spot the show has been at for years now. The Negan story is well past done and no longer interesting.

bitbydeath

I'm almost to the point where I want the show cancelled to make it easier to stop watching. Last night teased another huge showdown with the saviors, and I am sorry short of a few deaths of people I really don't care about (some may not have ever been seen before), it ended in the exact same spot the show has been at for years now. The Negan story is well past done and no longer interesting.

I was hoping Tara was going to die.

C’mon turn Tara, mention a high temp, stop just standing there saying nothing!!!

Ahh, frustrating.

NickFire

I was hoping Tara was going to die.

C’mon turn Tara, mention a high temp, stop just standing there saying nothing!!!

Ahh, frustrating.
I'm worried they are setting us up for the next known character death to be in the season finale, as if that would be a good reason for yet another season of Rick v. the Saviors. Yawn.

Atrus

Gold Member
The season is starting to get more interesting but its getting a bit late with only 2 episodes left. One of the things I caught in the next preview was that there was a Saviour attack plan involving 121 (11 teams of 11) Saviours which is pretty rediculous after all of the deaths so far. There's probably half that many at the Hilltop unless they want to count the new Saviour turncoats.

I'm guessing this Saviour war gets wrapped up in the first half of next season then.

Texas Pride

Banned
They're not dragging the AOW storyline out into another season. They've done nothing to indicate that imo. I think Negan & Jadis are joining Rick's group whether it makes sense or not.

bitbydeath

I thought the final episode was supposed to address everything but the helicopter remains unexplained and now there is an expected multi-year time jump.

Also the final scene with Jesus and Maggie was very unconvincing considering Jesus is (while a great fighter) the biggest nancy-boy ever.

rbanke

Watched the season finale last night. I liked it, I'd come accross a comic spoiler over a year ago about Negan and was suprised at first that I thought they were going another way, so much so I spoiled it to my wife right when it happened haha. I feel the scene with Jesus, Maggie and Daryl had an out of place tone and it made me ask my wife if we should call this our stopping point. I feel like they're never going to properly end a show like this. It will just keep getting worse and worse with little high points every once in a while until it's canceled or something. This felt like it could be a somewhat satisfying ending so I may not continue next year. I've been buying it all along so coughing up a full seasons price for a show that has been bad far more often than not doesn't really make much sense.

NickFire

Finally watched season finale. And it was stupid. There is no moral high ground letting Negan live after what he did to their group, especially at the cost of betraying his closest friends. All Rick did was make enemies out of friends while letting an absolute monster live and likely cause havoc again some day. Giving strangers a chance is admirable. Letting Negan live after what he did was vanity.

Top Bottom