• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Why is that good?

Because it's ridiculous.

What he said. It was nearing forms of blackmailing. Pay this amount of money or we're gonna prosecute you! Also it probably hit a few people who never even downloaded the game.
Also there were cases of people recieving a broken disk on launch day.... Also imo this conflicted with their "no DRM" stance, but that is just, as I said, my opinion.

I just started and finished the prologue. I can't believe how amazing this game looks and having it run at 60 fps, it's mind boggling. I've seen plenty of screenshots but nothing compares to how it looks in motion. I'm completely blown away. I've never seen anything like it.

Roach >

rochegifkq9b.gif

ibsjYtXkldp1A.gif

I'm deep into Chapter 2 and I don't want this game to end. It really is incredible. I struggled to get into The Witcher and at a point in Chapter 2 I stopped playing and never went back (some swamp plant creature was tearing me to pieces and nothing I did made any difference). Maybe I'm a sucker for the stunningly detailed graphics and the quality voice acting but this game has grabbed me in a way that the first game could not.

Salaadin

somebody should post Iorveth kicking ass.

Too bad that never happens in the game :p

I'm deep into Chapter 2 and I don't want this game to end. It really is incredible. I struggled to get into The Witcher and at a point in Chapter 2 I stopped playing and never went back (some swamp plant creature was tearing me to pieces and nothing I did made any difference). Maybe I'm a sucker for the stunningly detailed graphics and the quality voice acting but this game has grabbed me in a way that the first game could not.

It means that you are a smart person.

The first game suffered from a lot of problems. The game engine sucked, it was repetitive at times, spotty voice acting, etc. Its easy to see why it fails to grab some people. TW2 isnt as large as the first game but it pretty much improved on every other area.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just bought a new video card and installed it tonight

I can finally run this game at near highest settings + amazing framerate.

omg

Salaadin

I cant wait for the day when I have a PC strong enough to run this on Uber+60FPS. Its going to take Crysis spot as my test game whenever I upgrade.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
There seems to be a new patch. I just started it and it's downloading the Patch 2.1.

Edit: Oh seems like the GOG.com version automatic launch thingie just never showed that before today. Seems to be more than a month old.

Edit 2: Blah, and now the game doesn't start any more.

Edit 3: http://www.en.thewitcher.com/support/#q34

Binabik15

Too bad that never happens in the game :p

It means that you are a smart person.

The first game suffered from a lot of problems. The game engine sucked, it was repetitive at times, spotty voice acting, etc. Its easy to see why it fails to grab some people. TW2 isnt as large as the first game but it pretty much improved on every other area.
TW2 has a weaker dice poker minigame and none of the crazy characters that the Witcher universe has. It was a better game and the storytelling was better (not sure about the story itself), but it was so serious and lacked the charm of the first game that I was a bit disappointed.

I re-read a bit of The Last Wish and the Beauty and the Beast rip-off story is hilarious and this type of twisting fantasy tropes was awesome in TW1
super hero werewolf, MP loggers
, TW2 takes fantasy tropes and makes them more graphically violent and sexual.

And I miss horseface Geralt.

The second game is just much more polished on so many levels. This is important in keeping a person immersed in a role-playing experience, especially in modern gaming.

Thrakier

Do we know when the 360 bonus content is supposed to arrive? Can't wait for my replay!

Btw, the arena, does it do anything or is it just a tutorial?

Complistic

suppose to have some sort of conference later today. Mostly xbox 360 stuff but I wouldn't be shocked if they did something PC related as well.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've been holding off from my true TW2 replay until I finish my TW1 replay. It's a long game. Anyways, I took the neutral path and it turns out that instead of being neutral and avoiding conflict, I have instead started a war with both sides. The order and the squirrels are trying to kill me. :(

I've been holding off from my true TW2 replay until I finish my TW1 replay. It's a long game. Anyways, I took the neutral path and it turns out that instead of being neutral and avoiding conflict, I have instead started a war with both sides. The order and the squirrels are trying to kill me. :(

:lol

Yeah. Neutral in The Witcher just means that everyone suddenly remembers that they hate mutants even more than each other.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
"either leave on your feet or die on your back"

now I gotta deal with the order scum and I'm all out of swallow...

edit - LOL, owned em. I have to say, I've grown to enjoy TW1's combat quite a bit.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
"either leave on your feet or die on your back"

now I gotta deal with the order scum and I'm all out of swallow...

edit - LOL, owned em. I have to say, I've grown to enjoy TW1's combat quite a bit.

you have just experienced the best part of the game (at least for me) if we talk about the scene in the hospital.

I think I'm nearing the end of Chapter 3 and I finally found a pair of pants and gauntlets that surpass the ones I started the games with. Did I get special gear or something for getting the GOG version? I have upgraded my chest armor many times throughout the game but the starting pants and gauntlets were better than anything I found or could craft, until now.

Salaadin

I think I'm nearing the end of Chapter 3 and I finally found a pair of pants and gauntlets that surpass the ones I started the games with. Did I get special gear or something for getting the GOG version? I have upgraded my chest armor many times throughout the game but the starting pants and gauntlets were better than anything I found or could craft, until now.

I seem to remember it taking a while for me to find better pants and gloves too. I was always crafting new chest stuff though.

deadnoob

Damn it.. I wasn't planning on playing the first Witcher but I'm about 5 minutes into Witcher 2 and I already want to play it. Should I put 2 aside and go play 1 first for story information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom