• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 has shipped nearly 10 million copies

Stevey

Funny how Diablo III is top of the list in the OP.
And people apparently hate always online and wont support it all :p

Kamina

Golden Boy
Well deserved I dare say. The game is famtastic, just started new after upgrading to 980 SLI and can now experience complete maxed settings.
And that without all that DRM crap.
Now if orher publishers weren't so chicken and finally recognized that people who pirate will always do so or not buy at all (mostly) then we can finally move on from this and stop penalizing honest buyers.

Pacotez

Because its mainly coop and had the FMAH
you didn't even go to the orange and apples comparioson, it's more like a banana and apples

Tookay

It was my favorite game last year (and maybe my favorite in a long time)

CDPR really stepped up their game, so I'm happy to see them rewarded for it.

erawsd

Really surprised to see Mass Effect so low, I would have guessed it was easily above 10m, seemed like it was one of the biggest franchises to come out of the previous gen.

Kosma

Banned
Ill probably buy another copy if there is ever a good deal on a GOTY edition.

Sold the game before the DLC came out which I now regret.

Parsnip

Nice.

YzyEGbM.jpg

Wagram

I betcha they started up them Witcher 4 plans quickly when them sales came raking in.

Diablo is easily the worst out of all these games imo. Terrible sequel to two great games.

i think i read that PC is the biggest seller. although that might be referring to all witcher games and not just 3. i'm not sure.

By end of June the split was:
PC - 30%
Consoles - 70%

Hard to say of course how much that split has changed since then but in terms of units PS4 probably still has a edge but in terms of profit PC is probably the number one considering the digital nature of PC gaming (and CDproject having their own store on PC)

Chiggs

Gold Member

I still remember the outrage about that in 2011 and 2012. What a joke. That game is a resounding success.

hesido

I'm hoping for a meta analysis that show that games without micro-transactions can be as profitable as those with..

I wish games would advertise being micro-transaction free, that the core mechanics are built without micro-transactions in mind.

Verendus

Banned
I still have my copy waiting on a shelf since last year. I will definitely play it one day. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Alebrije

Good , not only for the W3 but also for games like Fallout , Elders Scrolls, that shows single player market is there when you release a decent game.

Top Bottom