• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

6Z4v4T9.gif

Stop, my penis can only get so erect.

Don't stop.

I love the lighting further in the forest.

No offense, but some of you are impossible to please. So focused on eyeballing pop-in and scrutinizing frame rate that you're missing the forest for the trees. The game looks incredible overall, look at th size and depth of the world.

Agreed. If that wasn't good enough for some then it's probably time to build or buy a new PC.

Loakum

Banned
No offense, but some of you are impossible to please. So focused on eyeballing pop-in and scrutinizing frame rate that you're missing the forest for the trees. The game looks incredible overall, look at th size and depth of the world.

U judge me all wrong sir, I'm actually quite pleased with this footage. I expected there would be some issues, but they appear to be minor. That's an definite plus, for a game of this size, with as much graphical detail it possesses.

Because that is true of every game out there, especially huge open world games.

Yeah, I don't think trees are going to look quite right for a number of years yet. There's just too much detail you'd need on literally hundreds (if not thousands) of leaves per tree to make it look right for it to work in most games and still be able to you know, run the rest of the game.

There is a lot of pop in shadows in that second polish video..when he is riding on the field at the beginning. a lot of shadows pop in....Hopefully they will fix this for Day 1 patch

Don't all witcher games have noticable pop-in? I remember even seeing it in the PC build. I think it's just their streaming engine isn't that good.

Javin98

Banned
Agreed. Instead of focusing on the inevitable flaws in the game's visuals, some gamers should really just look at the whole picture and admire the positives. It's what I do anyway. Probably why I hate the word downgrade.

thuGG_pl

There is a lot of pop in shadows in that second polish video..when he is riding on the field at the beginning. a lot of shadows pop in....Hopefully they will fix this for Day 1 patch

Yes, they will fix it, and your frame rate will drop to 10fps, I'm sure you'll be happy with that.

Pop in is not a bug, it's a optimization decision.

I'm currently playing GTA5 on PC on GTX 970 practically maxed out and there is also shadows pop in.

U judge me all wrong sir, I'm actually quite pleased with this footage. I expected there would be some issues, but they appear to be minor. That's an definite plus, for a game of this size, with as much graphical detail it possesses.

Apologies, you are indeed rational. Still there will be others that only focus on those tiny issues and totally miss the incredible game in front of them, which I find kind of sad.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
As I've been saying for weeks/months. The PS4 version will look great. IQ, Pop in, and Nvidia Exclusive features being the big differences.

It looks great, but it seems like someone at CDP really likes the sight of trees blowing in the wind. They may have went a bit overboard there. :p

Jijidasu

It seems like the camera makes "contact" with the tree and as with all footage thus far, the object the camera comes in touch with fades out to not jar the camera or be intrusive to the view. I could be wrong, but that's something I've noticed in all footage.

Yes, they will fix it, and your frame rate will drop to 10fps, I'm sure you'll be happy with that.

Pop in is not a bug, it's a optimization decision.

I'm currently playing GTA5 on PC on GTX 970 practically maxed out and there is also shadows pop in.

Yeah I get it, but maybe put them a bit further away from the character so they are not as visiable if thats possible. Dont get me wrong, the game looks awesome and I cant wait to dive in and be consumed by the world of witcher 3. I am very pleased with what we are getting.

Hopefully Blimblim can upload a direct feed video to Gamersyde soon, the youtube compression is horrible.

Kinthalis

Banned
Looks like they have a set number of trees allowed to be rendered and when it reaches the limit it gets rid of other ones... though being that close to the camera is a bit jarring

I don't think that's the case at all. It looks like they're making sure trees/foliage in the foreground aren't blocking your view.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Looks like they have a set number of trees allowed to be rendered and when it reaches the limit it gets rid of other ones... though being that close to the camera is a bit jarring

Have you guys not watched any videos at all? This is a feature, not a glitch. It's intentional.

Jonm1010

Banned

I might be the only one slightly disappointed in the aesthetic of the Witcher 3 forests so far.

I know we are just seeing a small slice of the world, and I know open world vs. zones but after having re-played parts of Witcher 2 recently, the aesthetic and personality of the forests in this game can't quite live up to Flotsam Forest.

However the fact I actually have an open world Witcher trumps that one minor complaint!

Top Bottom