• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

Ostinatto

i0X4xFswnReW5.png

I'm no expert, but the colors seems a little off here?

Looks nice, surprisingly much lower pop-in issues than I would have thought.

Same here. I expected bushes, trees and buildings to be popping in left right and center to be honest, but this has pleasantly surprised me. :D

Edit: After watching the footage again and actually trying to look for pop-in, I'm genuinely amazed at how little there is. CDPR are fucking wizards, man.

The only major pop in I saw is the polish gameplay video where he is on the bridge.
Looks nice, though the compression of both videos are horrible.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great, the only thing that bothers me though is the jumping animation (on all platforms), it looks off and he jumps very high even on low fences or hindrances.

Micerider

Zero concerns about it looking and running nicely on consoles after seeing this. Of course PC on Ultra will still shit on this but it makes me not regret waiting 2016 for upgrading my rig (well to build a new one from the ground up actually).

I expext similar thing from Batmam: good enough on consoles not to feel that something is amiss when playing the game

Haven't watched the video, but based on the posts in this thread, so the pop in is hardly noticeable? That's great news, especially for an open world game.

Much less noticeable than DA:I after recently playing it. Not that it really bothered me in DA:I...

Not sure why people were so concerned, but anyway nice to see it looking great on PS4. Even through the Youtube compression its not a stretch to say it might be the best looking game on consoles.

Tenebrous

Haven't watched the video, but based on the posts in this thread, so the pop in is hardly noticeable? That's great news, especially for an open world game.

Holy crap, that looks fantastic.

It's not great, but I've certainly seen a lot worse.

Flipyap

The game looks fine, but after a while I stopped caring and just wanted to hear how far does Hollie's Triss obsession really go. Cool person confirmed.

His hair doesn't always look that ... white, does it? Or am I thinking that up?
If anything, it's not white enough anymore because they gave him a brand new set of black eyebrows, for whatever reason.

murgo

It looks beautiful and seems to run at a perfectly stable 30fps. I'm impressed. My PC can handle Witcher 2 on Ultra, but it'll probably die when confronted with Wild Hunt. I'm glad I can get the PS4 version without worrying about performance.

Loakum

Banned
After 3 years of waiting for console footage....graphically, It looks good, but just as I suspected I see framerate and pop-in issues. Hopefully this will be polished with a day #1 patch. It's not too bad, but it is noticeable.

Micerider

Rewatching it and I notice that Geralt's hair seems to be very well animated. I'm not sure how it compares with hairwork on PC, but I'm happy with what I'm seeing here

That second video was much better quality wise. I think they only flaw is what it appears to be very little AF. Not a deal breaker though.

Putty

Looks nice in the main. Seems very stable, nice motion blur, very dense foliage. Shadown pop-in is a bit distracting for me and i've never warmed to the character models, be it in detail or actual facial/lip movement.

After 3 years of waiting for console footage....graphically, It looks good, but just as I suspected I see framerate and pop-in issues. Hopefully this will be polished with a day #1 patch.

No offense, but some of you are impossible to please. So focused on eyeballing pop-in and scrutinizing frame rate that you're missing the forest for the trees. The game looks incredible overall, look at th size and depth of the world.

There is a lot of pop in shadows in that second polish video..when he is riding on the field at the beginning. a lot of shadows pop in....Hopefully they will fix this for Day 1 patch

Fezan

Looks good. Popin is more noticeable

But why do trees and other plants have very noticeable 2d element to them

i-Lo

About damn time and yea thankfully from the bits shown looks really good, albeit with noticeable pop-up (which would perhaps be less so when I am actually playing the game).

Still looks beautiful
xbfXniO.gif

Which video is that? I saw both and I didn't find this part.

Top Bottom