• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

Kinthalis

Banned
watched the poland video, compression isnt nearly as bad. looks like the pc version with worse lod basically. so much for the hyped ultra settings

Your still looking at a compressed you tube video. Ultra settings will likely make amlargw differenxe when the game iw being rendered on your screen.

DOWN

Banned
One more

tdZ4pWI.gif

Stoze

Aw man, no dialouge/quest stuff in the videos? I wanted to see Geralt's character model up close.

Looks good, though we'll still have to wait until reviews to get a complete gauge on the framerate. If it can do overall better than GTA V on 360/PS3 consoles I'll be satisfied.

th4tguy

Is there a fisheye thing going on with the Camera when riding a horse?

I feel like I'm going crazy. I don't like it.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
watched the poland video, compression isnt nearly as bad. looks like the pc version with worse lod basically. so much for the hyped ultra settings

One thing's for sure, PS4 version doesn't look bad and the framerate looks constant, if only 30fps.

Kosma

Banned
- Everything looks great except the noticable low grass shadow distance when riding
- Damn I want to play it in polish now. The ambient chatter fits perfectly :D Kurwa here, kurwa there, feels like home. German version will probably only have German/English audio :( But don't really want to import.

Is there an option to choose polish as audio in the rest of Europe?

Would love to play in Polish too.

Surely you noticed a variety of other things (i did). BUt let's not make this thread about that.

i noticed that just like the pc version on ultra, none of the grass has any shadowing or AO and looks like it was ms painted onto the terrain. im including shadows in my lod statement, the other extremely minor changes arent even worth mentioning should they not become much more substantial in a higher quality video. i see no reason to continue to assume that ultra settings here wont be better lod + a bunch of barely noticeable improvements like almost every other title despite the developers claims. yes i know, hairworks.

Bl@de

Is there an option to choose polish as audio in the rest of Europe?

Would love to play in Polish too.

PC has every voice to download. Consoles will have country language + english I guess. But who knows. Will probably have to wait until release with that question.

EGM1966

Looks lovely. And lol at the sequence where the player rides horse into NPCs - GTA: The Witcher. Found it oddly hilarious for some reason.

Xando

PC has every voice to download. Consoles will have country language + english I guess. But who knows. Will probably have to wait until release with that question.
Pretty sure devs said german version will have english, french, polish, italian and german voice.

misho8723

Banned
Its not just the huge towering trees. It was the personality of Flotsam. The fallen branches with moss and plants growing over them, the dead trees, roots growing through and over rocks, puddles accumulating in small areas. It just gave off that atmosphere of a living breathing forest.

Its an open world game, I understand that level of craftsmanship is unrealistic. It was just a passing reflection.

Yeah, I know.. Flotsam forest looked great.. but when I saw that forest in the PS4 video, I was like "yeah, that's how a normal european forest looks like" .. and I can guarantee we are going to see some wicked inviroments, even some unique forests in this game

I was worried and annoyed that there hadn't been any console footage, but from what I could see in the video it looks just fine. Foliage looked pretty dense, trees and hair blowing all over the damn place like Fabio. Good stuff.

tuxfool

Banned
They could alter the transparency like I have seen in other games before unless how it's rendered doesn't allow that.

I suspect that is due to how Umbra 3 handles culling of objects. The whole object culling system is middleware that they plug in to the game to dynamically render objects on screen. This is pure speculation but I guess in order to make something transparent they would have to do two visibility checks for each frame, one for objects not visible by the camera and another for foreground objects that have to fade out.

Tress made of elastic are the only downside for me. You'd think it was hurricane season!

I can agree that the wind looks to blow much harder on the trees than the ground vegetation. with hard wind speeds like that, it would also affect Geralt a lot more then it does in the game. I dont mind if they put in hard winds, but they need to make the surrounding area also affected by these storms. Imagine when it rains and we have stormy winds like that, wow could be some impressive effects!

MaLDo

Same as PC gameplay, there are lots of judder and framepacing issues. And lack of motion blur is most evident at 30 fps.

I can agree that the wind looks to blow much harder on the trees than the ground vegetation. with hard wind speeds like that, it would also affect Geralt a lot more then it does in the game. I dont mind if they put in hard winds, but they need to make the surrounding area also affected by these storms. Imagine when it rains and we have stormy winds like that, wow could be some impressive effects!

Its a nice effect. Just seems out of place. Its in every bit of footage we have seen. Like I say still very minor and I most likely wont notice it when playing.

Bl@de

Pretty sure devs said german version will have english, french, polish, italian and german voice.

On PS4? I believe it when I see it. All sources I know only talk about german/english audio. Do you have a source?

Edit: PCgames.de says it has polish audio but they are a PC magazine first. Hmm amazon PS4 page shows DE,EN,PL,FR audio. Reaching critical hype level.

One thing's for sure, PS4 version doesn't look bad and the framerate looks constant, if only 30fps.

Russian journalist Logvinov already play PS4 version of the W3, and he told that game has some fps drops during battles

"Увы, не все гладко на пс4, во время битв просадки. Спрошу, будут ли в релизе изменения."

i noticed that just like the pc version on ultra, none of the grass has any shadowing or AO and looks like it was ms painted onto the terrain. im including shadows in my lod statement, the other extremely minor changes arent even worth mentioning should they not become much more substantial in a higher quality video. i see no reason to continue to assume that ultra settings here wont be better lod + a bunch of barely noticeable improvements like almost every other title despite the developers claims. yes i know, hairworks.

I will wait for more direct footage, but my keen eye spotted a number of things. Pretty sure the DF thread will bring these out as well.

Tovarisc

On PS4? I believe it when I see it. All sources I know only talk about german/english audio. Do you have a source?

Edit: PCgames.de says it has polish audio but they are a PC magazine first

These apply to all platforms PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Switzerland
Text: English/French/Italian/German/Spanish/Polish
VO: English/French/German/Polish
Print: German

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/35388-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-Language-availability

erawsd

Edit: PCgames.de says it has polish audio but they are a PC magazine first

CDPR posted this on their forum

I have seen people asking questions about which languages come with which versions of the game. Usually because they are interested in ordering a copy from a "foreign" (a country outside where they live) country or they live in a 'foreign" (a country they are not from) country and want to get a copy with their native language. I have created a listing of which countries carry which languages. You can see it below. These apply to all platforms PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. There is no difference between platforms when it comes to language. If any countries are missing, please let us know and we will try to get the info on the missing countries.

PC users on GOG and Steam will be able to download additional language packs if they choose. This list indicated the languages that come included with copies.

Text means on screen print & subtitles. VO mean the audio language spoken in the game. Print means the language in printed materials like instructions.

Poland
Text: Russian/Czech/Hungarian/English/Polish
VO: English/Russian/Polish
Print: Polish

United Kingdom, Sweden, The Netherlands, Iceland, Ireland, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Portugal
Print: English+Quickstart Swedish/Finnish/Dutch/Portuguese

Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Switzerland
Print: German

France, Monaco, Belgium
Print: French

Italy, San Marino
Print:Italian

Spain, Andorra
Print: Spanish

Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Print: Russian

Czech Republic, Slovakia
Print: Czech

Hungary
Print: Hungarian

Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Greece, Cyprus, Malta
Print: English

Israel

United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon
Text: English/Arabic
VO: English
Print: English/Arabic

South Africa; Angola; Botswana; Ghana; Lesotho; Kenya; Malawi; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nigeria; Tanzania; Swaziland; Zambia; Zimbabwe, Uganda
Print:English

Taiwan, Hong Kong
Text: English/Traditional Chinese/Korean

Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines
Print: English/Traditional Chinese

South Korea
Print: English/Korean

Japan
Text: Japanese/English
VO: Japanese/English
Print: Japanese

India

Australia, New Zealand
Print:English

USA and Mexico
Text: English/ Brazilian Portuguese/Latin American Spanish/French/Polish
VO: English/ Brazilian Portuguese/French/Polish

Canada
Print: English/French

Brazil
Print: Brazilian Portuguese

Venezuela,Uruguay, Peru, Paraguay, Ecuador, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile
Print: English/Latin American Spanish

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Russian journalist Logvinov already play PS4 version of the W3, and he told that game has some fps drops during battles

"Увы, не все гладко на пс4, во время битв просадки. Спрошу, будут ли в релизе изменения."

Let's just hope it's not going to be too bad :S

Top Bottom