• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 vs. Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• The Witcher 3

Votes: 452 58.5%
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Votes: 320 41.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tschumi

Witcher 3 was very much of the same, tired open-world game design we'd been getting for years and years. It still manages to be a great game on the strength of its writing and world-building, but it's not in the same class as Breath of the Wild.
I usually stick clear of using perrenial frat boy term de jour Irony, but i think your post may actually have been born from irony as Anakin was born of the force.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I honestly hated The Witcher, and couldn't make it more than 10 hours in and it was a struggle. I wouldn't even put it in my top 10 this gen.

... needless to say my jimmies are deeply rustled right now.

400px-Witcher3UseWitcherSensesbehindforge.jpg

jbkmiHy.jpg

tenor.gif

carlosrox

Banned
I wrote an acrostic poem that I dedicate to TW3.

Wclunky
Iclunky
Tclunky
Clunky
Hclunky
Eclunky
Rclunky

3clunky

Fuck each and every one of you voting for TW3. Overrated fuckin' game. Bloodborne is just about as overrated but I think TW3 edges it out slightly in the overrated department.

Everyone knows BOTW is the game people are actually gonna remember in the future.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Wclunky
Iclunky
Tclunky
Clunky
Hclunky
Eclunky
Rclunky

3clunky

Fuck each and every one of you voting for TW3. Overrated fuckin' game. Bloodborne is just about as overrated but I think TW3 edges it out slightly in the overrated department.

Everyone knows BOTW is the game people are actually gonna remember in the future.
How much of a mental midget do you have to be that a fan run tournament, one that in the grand scheme of things is just for fun and won't even be acknowledged by the winner's dev team, results in you seething and on the verge of tears?

You should probably just request a permanent ban if The Witcher 3 wins, because you've shown time and time again across various threads and subject matters that you simply cannot handle people having an opinion that differs from yours, and this current mini meltdown of yours just further proves that.

Esca

Bloodborne vs the Witcher 3 was a great poll to watch with how close it was, this for the gotg finally is very ho hum

MagnesG

Banned
This is the final right? Wow, both are just GOTG-worthy, it's all the same with Bloodborne/MGSV. There are always a certain part of them that really shines which makes up all the flaws.

Again I have to go for BOTW.

Tbh, I'm on the peak of combat fatigue nearing the ending of W3 main campaign, and the classic open world checklist map didn't help either. I actually had to start downloading accessibility and combat mods before it gets bearable again and unlike BOTW, I always had concerns whenever I want to recommend W3 to someone, it just becomes tedious at some point (skellige - the view is nice but combat's there just suck, underwater combat and exploration, cat view's constantly).

The story and quests are just one of the best though, probably the best I've ever seen on a game.

I will always remember Toussaint fondly, so great props to W3 even if it falls short for tad bit.

carlosrox

Banned
You clearly give a shit, too much of one in fact. Trying to back peddle now just makes you look even more pathetic than you already came across.

Calm down bud.

You're an idiot, learn how to read an exaggerated post sometime.

Pathetic how triggered you are over a post that obviously wasn't serious.

Last edited:

nordique

Witcher 3 is probably going to win, and I loved the game a lot, but for me Zelda BotW was the most pure fun I have had with a game in the last decade

my vote goes to Zelda.

both of these games deserve GotG IMO though.

Enzo88

I love The Witcher 3 but Botw might be the greatest game ever made.
It makes every game where moving from A to B is just equal to pushing the stick mindlessly towards that direction till you reach it, look stupid.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Damn, Zelda is getting its ass handed to it. I almost feel bad. Was expecting this to be close

1/4th of the potential audience compared to Witcher 3. That’s also with a sluggish/smaller Nintendo fanbase on current Gaf.

I’m shocked it and and SMO made it as far as they did, and fully expected this.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
How much of a mental midget do you have to be that a fan run tournament, one that in the grand scheme of things is just for fun and won't even be acknowledged by the winner's dev team, results in you seething and on the verge of tears?

You should probably just request a permanent ban if The Witcher 3 wins, because you've shown time and time again across various threads and subject matters that you simply cannot handle people having an opinion that differs from yours, and this current mini meltdown of yours just further proves that.
COVID more like SCAMVID amirite guys?

Kev Kev

I own Witcher 3 goty edition and it just didn’t click w me at all. I thought it was too complicated. Got my ass handed to me in every fight and had no clue how to do anything

I’ll have to give another try one of these days if everyone thinks it’s this good

botw is my fav game of all time, so the Witcher 3 better grow a tongue and lick my balls or something bc I have no idea how it’s going to be THAT much better lol

carlosrox

Banned
Damn, must hurt to see your game getting destroyed by one of the best games ever made huh?

Meh. I fully expected TW3 or BB to win here.

Predictable.

Like I said though, we all know which game is gonna be truly remembered and copied for yeeeeeeeears to come.

gow3isben

Wclunky
Iclunky
Tclunky
Clunky
Hclunky
Eclunky
Rclunky

3clunky

Ever since it came out literally every open world game is trying to emulate Witcher 3's game/quest design.

How many games are influenced heavily by Breath of the Wild?

Only that shitty Ubisoft game about Greek Gods with the retarded name that isn't even out yet and is about to bomb itself into irrelevance within a week

Last edited:
Top Bottom