• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The WWE RAW Thread: Monday March 27, 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodwake

Nameless said:
I'm looking forward to WM in the following order.

4. Vince vs HBK(Match will probably suck, but its the most likely to provide the yearly "WM Shocker"...Bret Hart anyone?)

Probably won't happen sadly, even though I would love to see it. Question is, if it did, would he side with Vince or HBK?

The WWE "putting over" HHH big time, with that training promo, bringing up how he beat all the top guys and "Cena isn't that skilled", having wrestlers give him a verbal BJ, and THEN getting the last-laugh against Cena, swings the odds greatly towards Cena winning at WM...

Someone post the same ole crap pick NOW!

God, please no.

Nameless

Bloodwake said:
Probably won't happen sadly, even though I would love to see it. Question is, if it did, would he side with Vince or HBK?

God, please no.

I see a scenario, where HBK is about to hit SCM, Bret Runs in and nails him with a chair. Vince celebrates like Bret is there to help him, when Bret nails Vince too..Getting the last laugh once and for all in the whole "Screw job saga"

HBK is my fav ever, so that pretty much makes me an anti-Bret fan, but I would seriously mark-out for the first time ever over the Hit-man.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
OmegaRed said:
I demand more pics of mickie..

I've seen the whole series. She doesn't look that hot in the rest to be honest. :/

and no, I'm not linking it. Go find it yourself you perverts

Nameless

Bloodwake said:
Mickie > Maria.

Maria was involved in a Cena plotline... enough for me to like Mickie better right there.

But Maria is dating the best wrestler quite possibly the #1 Wrestler out there. Like I said, Maria is prettier but Mickie has the better body. Mickie's advantage in body is bigger than Maria's advantage in looks, so I'll give the overall title to Mickie..

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Nameless said:
But Maria is dating the best wrestler quite possibly the #1 Wrestler out there. Like I said, Maria is prettier but Mickie has the better body. Mickie's advantage in body is bigger than Maria's advantage in looks, so I'll give the overall title to Mickie..
Maria is dating Samoa Joe?! :O

Nameless

Archie said:
Maria is dating Samoa Joe?! :O

IMG_7179.JPG

"Very Funny"

Bloodwake

Archie said:

I've seen the whole series. She doesn't look that hot in the rest to be honest. :/

and no, I'm not linking it. Go find it yourself you perverts

Eh, you're right.. It would have helped if she wasn't smiling in EVERY picture.

She's still hot though.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Nameless said:
The WWE "putting over" HHH big time, with that training promo, bringing up how he beat all the top guys and "Cena isn't that skilled", having wrestlers give him a verbal BJ, and THEN having HHH get the last-laugh against Cena, swings the odds greatly towards Cena winning at WM...

Someone post the same ole crap pick NOW!

I hope that this is not considered a spoiler as it is only speculation, but Dave Metltzer seems to think that Cena may retain at WM as HHH thinks he is doing a hell of a job as champ in the traditional sense, selling merchandise and tickets. That is the purpose of a champ, ya know. Honestly, I don't think HHH could come close to bringing in the kind of money Cena is bringing in at the moment. With some better booking after WM, Cena could become more entertaining.

I missed the main event, how was the crowd? I know during Cena's run-in to help HBK, the crowd seemed solidly behind him. Vince did what HHH couldn't do, get the crowds to cheer Cena.

Guzim

From PWTorch.

Jerry Lawler is hosting the Hall of Fame, as announced on Raw tonight, because Jim Ross has been moved into the play-by-play slot for the Raw matches at WrestleMania. Joey Styles was informed of the news earlier today. As of two days ago, Ross was telling people he was awaiting word on his role at WM weekend, but he assumed it was the Hall of Fame banquet. The news is a blow to Styles, but given Ross's history with the company and his stature as an announcer, it's not necessarily the dishonor it could be otherwise.

DMczaf

Biohazard said:
lol DM I was waiting for you Michaels captions....with handcuffs tonight and nothing come on now.

Come on, its HBK in handcuffs. No need for words!

How much more obvious can the WWE writers be that they are lurking on GAF.

I am going to Wrestlemania on Sunday, ill try to get some good pics to post..

anyone else going?

if so, who wants to have an impromptu GAF/reirom/whatever meetup and have a quick berr or two??

Raw64life said:
Liu Kang can see the future. Don't question him.

Oh, dont worry, I could also see the future and knew a bad joke regarding wm22 being "bad" was going to appear after posting that.. i guess alot of psychics on this board.

more importantly, i have enjoyed every PPV since i got back into wrestling in late 2005, and this one has the best lineupe of any of those... so i know ill personally have a great time, but dont feel the need to break down the matches for wrestling snobs on the internet who dont like the lineup.

so, again, if anyone is attending WM22 and wants to meet up at allstate arena for a beer, PM me! i am considering attending RAW or Smackdown on Monday or Tue nights too, but not sure.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:

You bet that I have or havent enjoyed every PPV since I've gotten back into wrestling?

what a horrible post.

please edit after the fact and add some sort of reason for creating that post. other than the "last word" scenario.

moving on from the kid that wants attention..

does anyone know if WWE sells or has sold a t-shirt with the retro styled logo on it and thats it? I really like the logo but it seems that its only on CENA gear, which I dont want.. I just want a simple t-shirt or sweatshirt or hoodie with a big WWE logo using the retro blocky logo, but without the F, the newer redone WWE version.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I have this bad feeling Cena is going to win. Why else would Triple H constantly bury him, and get the last laugh on raw if Cena wasn't going to OVERCOME THE ODDS YET AGAIN!? And with Stephanie giving birth in a few months, Triple H will probably be taking some time off. I hope I'm wrong and Cena loses, but I'm not sure. :/

(Do you have any Lillian Garcia pictures Keyser Soze?)

Nameless said:
I see a scenario, where HBK is about to hit SCM, Bret Runs in and nails him with a chair. Vince celebrates like Bret is there to help him, when Bret nails Vince too..Getting the last laugh once and for all in the whole "Screw job saga"

HBK is my fav ever, so that pretty much makes me an anti-Bret fan, but I would seriously mark-out for the first time ever over the Hit-man.

the problem with this scenario is that Bret catches his plane out of Chicago Sunday morning.

I'd love to see him show up at Mania, but I doubt it's going to happen.

Raw64life said:
Liu Kang can see the future. Don't question him.

Well, it's all about standards. If you're a long-time wrestling fan and you've been exposed to anything outside of WWE programming, then it doesn't take a crystal ball to predict a mediocre show.

Personally, I don't believe it will be terrible. Most of these matches would be fine on a typical card. But, considering the price of the event and the fact that it's Wrestlemania, obviously the company's biggest show of the year, expectations naturally rise. The build-up and card itself have both left a lot to be desired. I mean, the humorous aspect of saying the card for Wrestlemania is better than any of the PPV cards since 2005 is that that's not really saying a whole lot.

We have Edge vs. Foley which will do absolutely nothing for Edge. We'll see some pretty cool spots, but considering how sloppy and terrible Foley looks in the ring nowadays, it'll probably be nothing new and it'll pale in comparison to what we've already seen.

The Playboy Pillow Fight will be a waste of time. We've seen this typical diva fluff on Raw countless times. Big deal. Considering the animosity between Torrie and Candice in their angle, I fail to see why they would settle things with a pillow fight anyway.

The tag team championship match will be decent. Big Show and Kane are the first credible tag team on the Raw brand in quite a while. Hopefully they retain and continue to establish some credit in the division.

Cena and Triple H might put on an all right match if Triple H can manage to carry Cena. Regardless, they'll probably wrestle a couple (better) matches after this show anyway.

The No Holds Barred match with Vince and Shawn is nothing new. I've seen this feud with Hogan and Vince and Taker/Vince. It's been given a lot of build-up but a street fight between a finesse wrestler like Shawn Micheals and a sixty year old man probably won't be a classic unless Bret Hart has been lying and plans to interfere.

The Boogeyman vs. Booker T and his wife: Comic relief crap. It'll probably go under five minutes (and that's a good thing).

Benoit vs. JBL: Another example of a great worker trying to carry someone. It'll probably be mediocre.

Angle vs. Rey. vs. Orton: This should be a great match. Good build-up, solid participants.

Mickie vs. Trish: This one should be good if it's given the proper time. Again though, this one will obviously be continuing after Wrestlemania. I wouldn't be surprised if it aired for free on Raw the next night and then at Backlash.

Money in the Bank: You have three guys who will make it worthwhile and three who will be just taking up space. It should be good, depending on whether RVD wins or not. If you think about it there aren't many likely candidates to win otherwise, except for Flair.

So, this is basically a card being carried by three matches (consisting of feuds that'll be continuing after Wrestlemania anyway). It could end up being better than anyone expects but you can't help but to resent what they're offering when you consider what could have been.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
What is everyone's prediction for WM?

-John Cena vs. Triple H

The burial of Cena and the ending on RAW sets it up so he OVERCOMES ALL ODDS AND DEFEATS THE KING OF KINGS.

-Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton

Rey wins to further exploit Eddie and drops the belt at the next Smackdown PPV.

-Vince McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels

Same thing with John Cena. The heel has the advantage going into the PPV so the face wins. Bret Hart is teased, but won't show up.

-Money in the Bank

I say Ric Flair so they give him one more short title run and then he retires.

-Undertaker vs. Mark Henry :lol

No seriously, Undertaker wins. Which leads to...

-Edge vs. Mick Foley

Edge will win. I'm going to be bold and predict that at WM 23 we will have Undertaker vs. Edge, undefeated streak vs. undefeated streak. Edge will end Undertaker's streak and get a huge push and be one of the top stars for many years to come.

-Christ Benoit vs. JBL

Benoit shouldn't even be feuding with the US title.

-Chris Masters and Carlito vs. Kane and Big Show

Masters and Carlito get a fluke win but are unable to coexist as tag champs which leads to a feud against one another later on in the year.

-Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus

I <3 Mickie

-Boogeyman vs. Booker T and Sharmell

Who cares?

-Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle

Who really cares?

The Faceless Master said:
too bad GAF has that whole no nudity thing...

cuz theres that nude spread of mickie out there... on the internets...

We're all aware. One of those pics has already been posted here.

dskillzhtown said:
Spirit Squad better be on WM in some fashion

agreed, I'd like to see some SS at WM22. theres a rumor going around about a potential Spirit Squad thing at WM22 but I doubt its true and I dont know how to post something "spoiler'd" so i wont bother at all.

they'll definately have rematches and stuff of the WM matches at RAW's/Blacklash/etc, but they always of rematches of any big matches.. but they are never as good if its on regular TV, even if they are still good..

see royal rumble mark henry vs kurt angle vs smackdown's rematch.. of cousre both were probably crap to most people, but the royal rumble one was alot better.

i am very curious what will happen with both title matches, i could see any of the 5 people involved winning..

also, it seems regardless of whether you like the wrestler, or think he has any talent, everyone always gives it their best on wrestlemania, and really puts it on the line unlike any other show. so i expect most of these matches outside of the pillow fight to be either very entertaining or very good matches. HHH wont allow his match with cena to be crap, wont happen. The angle/rey/orton match has the possibility of being AMAZING... angle was balls to the wall at No Way Out versus Taker, and I know he wants to do the same thing at wrestlemania.

i am personally very excited about the boogeyman vs booker T match, as I think booker is hilarious and the boogeyman is hilarious, so i am glad ill get to see the boogeyman in person.

would be funny if they screwed bret hart a second time by messing with him at the hall of fame, but i know they wont do that....

i cant believe how you guys arent looking forward to the edge/foley match.. i love the buildup, I have been a big fan of both for a long time, and I think its going to be an amazing wwe hardcore match..

as for taker.. i enjoy almost any of his big PPV matches, and i even really enjoyed his casket match with heidenreich.. so i am definately looking forward to this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom