• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The WWE RAW Thread: Monday March 27, 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
The Main Event said:
spiritshmwad.gif

raw0327winners9hx.gif

Best. Gifs. Ever.

Mike Mondo >>>>>>> All

Hello, new avatar.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Goodbye new avatar. :p

(Pick one that's within the 150Kb size limit next time, thanks.)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Vennt said:
Goodbye new avatar. :p

(Pick one that's within the 150Kb size limit next time, thanks.)

:lol :lol :lol

If i cant have my Shane O Mac Avatar you cant have that one either!

To all the wrasslin fans out there...check this shit out

Smackdown tapins said:
*Scotty 2 Hotty defeated Sean O'Haire with a small package.

Could this be a sign that they are thinking about re-signing the guy THEY NEVER SHOULD HAVE RELEASED ANYWAY!

Outcast2004 said:
think you can find one of Mickie's sick as hell spike DDT she did last week?

BTW, TNA spoilers have been posted

I'd have no idea where to start searching, best leave it to The Main Event as he seems the king of this kinda thing

edit - or not

G-Fex said:
Why Shawn Michaels Why? :lol :lol :lol

Let's analyze this, shall we?

1. He's appeared in Playgirl (Here's a tip, girls don't flip through that rag)
2. He comes to the ring with th emusic claiming he's a "Sexy boy" and a "Boy toy". Yeah, for other boys...
3. He used to come to the ring on a regular basis in (pretty much) dominatrix gear for his elaborate entrance costumes.
4. Has a strange love for chaps....and leather pants now
5. Has kissed HHH on live TV.

BRETcopy.jpg

That homo ain't got nothon on me.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Christopher

Spoilers from Smackdown are in...

Here are the full spoilers

Smackdown opens with Rey Mysterio coming out and saying he deserves his title shot at Wrestlemania 22. He calls out Randy Orton, but WWE World champion Kurt Angle comes out instead. Angle says that his beef isn't with Rey but with Orton, and says that nobody can defeat him. Orton comes out and says that they both suck. He says he can defeat them both, but will wait until Wrestlemania to do it. Teddy Long comes out and forces Orton to leave. He announces Angle vs. Rey as the main event tonight.

*JBL pinned Daniel Cross, who is a Harley Race trainee.

*WWE United States champion Chris Benoit defeated Road Warrior Animal with a crossface.

*Paul Birchall defeated Booker T via countout when Boogeyman came out and took Sharmell.

*Lashley & Tatanka & Matt Hardy defeated Finlay & MNM. MNM hit the Snapshot on Tatanka but Lashley hit a spear and scored the pin.

The Mexicools defeated Jamie Noble and Kid Kash.

*They did a vignette where Booker T was searching for Sharmell but found nothing but worms.

Booker was looking for Sharmell but every door had worms around it. When he finally found Sharmell, she was in a room on a stool surrounded by tons of worms. Boogeyman appeared and laughed.

*WWE World champion Kurt Angle defeated Rey Mysterio after Mysterio went for the 619 but was caught and pulled into the ring with an AnkleLock and Rey tapped. Orton hit the ring and he and Angle went at it. The show ended with Angle hitting the Angleslam and locking the Ankle Lock on Orton.

I saw Jazz on "Women's Extreme Wrestling" this past week on The Sunshine Network (Florida sports channel). If you want to see some embarrassingly bad wrestling with a bunch of silent, pale perverts in the crowd... I think it comes on at 3 AM Saturday nights/Sunday mornings. They must have the same production crew as ECW did, because they use a lot of the same graphics, angles, etc. and they use ECW Arena for shows.

MY WRESTLEMANIA GUESSES

Rey d. Angle, Orton. I think they give Rey his crack at the WWE Title. I hope they don't, because I don't want to see a midget as world champ. I guess it doesn't matter to me much, because I don't watch SmackDown much anyway. I've turned on Rey during his time in WWE. I don't like that he's become a roided out little musclefuck who can't do half the things he used to be able to (granted, he's been wrestling forever but he's only 31 or so). I'm glad the ECW fans gave him shit for his crappy match at One Night Stand last year and for his stupid 619 move. I'd much rather he wrestle in the cruiser division where he belongs instead of bringing bigger guys like Angle and Big Show down for having to sell to his scrawny ass.

Triple H d. Cena. This one seems like a toss-up to me. I don't think Triple H will lose three straight WrestleMania main events, and I REALLY want him to win (only because he's not Cena), so I'll pick him. On the other hand, I don't think they'd have both world titles change hands and I'm fairly certain Angle won't retain. I'll be more interested in the result and the crowd reaction than I am the actual match.

Shawn d. Vince. He has to after all the screwing, doesn't he? It's a shame he's being wasted in a match with Vince at WrestleMania, especially if he's serious about "dialing it down" after WrestleMania.

RVD d. Flair, Shelton, Finlay, Lashley, Hardy. I'd rather see Flair win, but whatever. They'll have his run at the world title program one way or another. One thing's for sure. One of the SmackDown guys won't win. Too bad this is the only inter-promotional match.

Foley d. Edge. Another toss-up, but I think Foley is due to get over for once. Then Edge will get all pissed that his WrestleMania streak was ended and the feud will continue. Maybe. I don't know. Both guys deserve to win the match. Foley hasn't gotten over in a while. Edge is the best thing going on Raw right now, but WWE already dropped the ball on his big chance, didn't they? I didn't think the build-up for this match was too good, even though both guys really tried with their promos and the situation they were given. The Foley getting really mad thing might be wearing thin on me. I hope this match steals the show, because Edge deserved to be main-eventing the Raw side of WrestleMania with the momentum he was on.

Taker d. Henry. There's no way they'd waste his streak on this, is there? Please be brief. It should be about as good as Taker and Bossman in the cell.

Chris Benoit d. JBL. I think Benoit will win just because they'll have title changes elsewhere in the show. Benoit... another guy wasted on a poor opponent at WrestleMania this year.

Boogeyman d. Booker & Sharmell. I guess Boogey will win. They really like putting him over it seems. He beat JBL in about two minutes at a PPV for goodness sake. Make Sharmell eat some worms, please.

Trish d. Mickie. Trish has had the belt over a year, so I wouldn't be surprised if she lost. I think it makes more sense for Mickie to be chasing Trish's title than vice versa.

Carlito and Masters d. Big Show and Kane for the tag titles. I've been waiting for Big Show and Kane to lose the tag titles since January. I didn't think they'd keep them this long, especially when Triple H was feuding with Big Show. I think Carlito and Masters could use the boost of a big WrestleMania win.

Candice d. Torrie Wilson. Bathroom break time. It's nice they have two women's matches booked for WrestleMania, but no Cruiserweight match. Way to spotlight this crap that would be better used for filler on Raw anyway.

MNM gets snubbed, I guess. Maybe they'll be on Heat.

They mentioned she'd be in action on one of the pay-per-views I think... she was only part of a clip package for it. She had a perm and her hair was frosted blonde. She didn't look bad! The only match they had on this week was a "twenty woman battle royal." Now that was bad :p

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Biohazard said:
How was Jazz...she could always wrestle I wonder what happened.

They fired her husband, they let her go shortly after. I think she requested the release though. But seeing what WWE wants in a female superstar, I doubt they wanted her around for long anyway. If TNA actually had women work matches, she could go there.

Guzim

Biohazard said:
I swear DM makes me cry laughing with this Shawn Michaels stuff lmao.

Anyway are you guys ordering Wrestlemania??
My friends and I are going to Hooters to watch it.

Guzim said:
My friends and I are going to Hooters to watch it.

do all hooters carry WWE ppvs, is that like a hooters-wide thing or no?

next year I hope to have a "wrestlemania" party and order it and have people over, but am goign this year so, obviously, wont.

also, anyone have any idea if they'll release a DVD of saturday nights main event, maybe a dvd wtih the 2 main events from this year? or will they include it with the wrestlemania 22 dvd or something?

i really loved that saturday night main event, had a feel unlike any other WWE show/program, would love to watch it again.

Matlock said:
:lol

That takes the cake.

You know, my friend thought that was a joke. He's on his way to Chicago to meet the GAF idol...HBK.
I told him about the Booker signing and he thought I was shitting him.

Of all the BAD places to book someone....that's it.

so anyways.. today was the "press conference" for wrestlemania 22 and it got a pretty good amount of press/reporting on it.. i saw ot on the news and it was covered pretty well locally in chicago...

anyways, they showed some clips of them talking to various people, and this guy from NBC was asking HHH some questions, and he came across REALLY well and pretty dang funny... apparently the press conference today went really well and had alot of fan interaction, people saying funny stuff, a running joke about it being only on PPV and it just seemed everyone was in a really good mood/in the zone in terms of being funny/entertaining.. i wish i woulda went.

anyways catch it on wwe.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom