• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

jackal27

Banned
Why do so many Final Fantasy XIII soundtracks have pollute this game... Couldn't we have just combined them all into one or something? I need FF Tactics Advance and Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates! Maybe some Final Fantasy Dimensions.

I partly kid, but it is annoying running into so many Final Fantasy XIII 1-2-3 songs in Quest Mode.

Baliis

Why do so many Final Fantasy XIII soundtracks have pollute this game... Couldn't we have just combined them all into one or something? I need FF Tactics Advance and Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates! Maybe some Final Fantasy Dimensions.

I partly kid, but it is annoying running into so many Final Fantasy XIII 1-2-3 songs in Quest Mode.

I pick FF13 songs in versus every time.

jk, mystic quest and FF14 boss themes for life

Zafir

Eh, they have good soundtracks despite the games themselves being questionable. I think what's unfortunate for me is most of the tracks they did choose were just not the ones I liked. xD

Mind you, VIII and IX are the worst offenders for this. So many tracks I like seemingly missing. :/

Beartruck

I was pleasantly surprised this game had tracks from Mystic Quest. I am still completely blown away that they included tracks from Crystal Chronicles though(Even if sound of the wind has the japanese lyrics :( )

jackal27

Banned
Eh, they have good soundtracks despite the games themselves being questionable. I think what's unfortunate for me is most of the tracks they did choose were just not the ones I liked. xD

Mind you, VIII and IX are the worst offenders for this. So many tracks I like seemingly missing. :/

Gotta get dat DLC skrilla. Part of the problem with IX and VIII is that they both have fantastic soundtracks so you're gonna miss out on some no matter what. Also, I will agree that the XIII games have several good songs, but some of them are just... Eh...

ohlawd

out of 20+ games in Curtain Call, FFXIII's the only one I'm truly satisfied with. I have every song from there on my favorites list :x

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Never really cared for these types of games, but the demo hit me hard with nostalgia the moment a FF6 song popped up and I insta-bought.

Really enjoying it so far, still not really enthralled by this genre or style of gameplay, but the FF fan in me is loving all the music. Actually wish they pushed a bit harder on the nostalgia angle with more visual cues from each game. Getting a bit old already watching dull animated puppets in the background, or occasional landmarks redrawn in the new art(I want to see more from the actual games!). Significant moments that blend with the song, something!

The leveling process, skills, items, and character progression is needlessly overindulgent though and I am already fed up with bothering checking in on new skills or items. I guess it probably factors most into Vs. mode or the hardest dungeon crawls, but otherwise a different approach with a more interesting mode would have grabbed me more. Dungeon mode is cute, but it doesn't really do anything that interesting.

Game is a real reminder as to how fantastic the music was from most of these games if anything. A real joy just hitting random track while fond memories flood in.

Zafir

out of 20+ games in Curtain Call, FFXIII's the only one I'm truly satisfied with. I have every song from there on my favorites list :x

I think my problem is I just really don't like battle themes much. Which means half the track list is just out. It's not just a XIII problem though. I'd say throughout all the Final Fantasy's there isn't actually that many battle tracks I like.
Gotta get dat DLC skrilla. Part of the problem with IX and VIII is that they both have fantastic soundtracks so you're gonna miss out on some no matter what. Also, I will agree that the XIII games have several good songs, but some of them are just... Eh...
True enough, but I question some of the inclusions over others. I guess the fundamental issue here is instead of just including the quality tracks, they're trying to balance having battle tracks, field tracks and then just general scene tracks.

zruben

Banned
aww, I want to play with you guys, but I'm stuck at work :(

anyone will be playing later tonight?... like... really late??

tengiants

Loving this game so far. The amount of nostalgia these games invoke is incredible for me. I start remembering all this crap, good and bad, from my life that's not even related to final fantasy. It's very interesting because even old photos don't make me feel to this nostalgic. The power of music I guess.

Don't be Afraid from VIII is my favorite. I was pissed it was only in the iOS version of the original and am really glad it's included here. So satisfying to complete on ultimate.

Heropon

I can't decide in what difficulty I want to play VS in, I like Ultimate more but certain songs destroy me. I used to have a tank team with lots of defensive skills and HP in the first game to play all the songs without interruptions.

jackal27

Banned
Wow. Online play is really fun, but I kind of feel bad for how hard I'm working people so far... Maybe I should jump up to higher difficulty.

Heropon

So I've played online once and since then I'm not able to battle anyone but I don't seem to have connection problems. Can someone try to battle against me to check if it works? My FC is in the doc.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just a tip for newbies:

AGI is the most (only) useful stat during FMS stages (green levels). AGI determines how far you will walk, which will give you more items the further you walk.

If you want to get the most out of a FMS stage, load up four party members with high AGI stat. Or if you're a boss, just make sure your lead character on FMS stages is a high AGI character. The character walking during the FMS stage is the character whose Ability stat you use, not the whole party's combined. So if you can get through a FMS without failing or losing the lead character, you just need one in your party to do the "walking" during those FMS stages.

Personally, I load up with Zidane and make sure that all his abilities are "AGI increasing".

The opposite is true on BMS stages (red levels). STR is the most important stat, it basically says how fast you are going to kill enemies. For example, if you have a team of low STR characters it may take ~40 critical hits to kill an enemy on screen. If you have a high level team of STR character, it may only take ~15 critical hits to kill an enemy... And the more enemies you are able to kill, the more item drops you are able to get.

The same is also true, be sure to select any STR-related increasing stabilizes. Focus Lv.3 is basically a OHKO ability once you unlock it on a character around Lv. 80. Having a party with four Focus Lv.3, means you are going to get a lot of loot.

The LUCK stat basically says the likelihood of getting a rare item out of those item drop boxes, instead of potions or whatever.

... Just some random tidbits about character/ability management. Hope that helped!
There isn't a way to quickly change party members from the song selection screen, right? Having to go back to the main menu and manually swap them every time I change from FMS to BMS (and vice versa) sounds very annoying and tiresome.

Kouriozan

There isn't a way to quickly change party members from the song selection screen, right? Having to go back to the main menu and manually swap them every time I change from FMS to BMS (and vice versa) sounds very annoying and tiresome.
When you select a song (at normal/expert/ultimate screen), there is an edit party button.
Edit : even just after you complete a song you can edit your party.

Just did my first VS match online, Ultimate Dancing Mad. That was crazy. I won but those EX bursts are insane, especially the weird wavey one.

daydream

Banned
Secured a copy of this in the last minute, haha. The store was about to close.

I'll start playing later, this and Hyrule Warriors will basically constitute my weekend.

Added myself to the document also, let me know when you add me. Looking forward to playing with you guys. <3

Heropon

It seems that the connection works again and I've beaten another random person. I hope this problem doesn't happen anymore.

Swamped

Banned
So 9 times out of 10 my sing gets chosen during versus mode. Is this normal lol? Last night I played 6 matches against someone who really wanted to play Fallen Angel but hey song never got picked for some reason, but once I chose it, it did. Felt really bad...

pariah164

Woah. (Song change spoiler.)

They extended One-Winged Angel? Awesome.

Also, Online right now if any Gaffers and fellow Expert Scrubs wish to play me.

daydream

Banned
My starting team: Warior of Light, Onion Knight, Benjamin, Yuna #2

Weird bunch but I'm pretty happy with it! What's the difference between numbered versions of characters? Just different costumes?

Son Of D

My starting team: Warior of Light, Onion Knight, Benjamin, Yuna #2

Weird bunch but I'm pretty happy with it! What's the difference between numbered versions of characters? Just different costumes?

Seeing that Yuna #2 is Yuna from FFX-2 where she's primarily a gunner, I think the stats and abilities will also be different.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Secured a copy of this in the last minute, haha. The store was about to close.

I'll start playing later, this and Hyrule Warriors will basically constitute my weekend.

Added myself to the document also, let me know when you add me. Looking forward to playing with you guys. <3
Just added you. In fact, I added every Expert player on the list, so feel free to add me back (if someone who didn't pick Expert wants to add me too you can do it!)

darkziosj

Man why no one has uploaded the video of the Special Arrange Medley of ff 1 - 14. All i can find is people doing ultimate mode, i wanted to show it to someone but just video lawl.

ohlawd

whew cut down my friends list from 90 something to 30 something. bless everyone who named their Mii the same or something similar as their GAF name or used the message box to get that across. I added my fellow expert buddies up to daydreaming. please tell me if you added me but didn't have expert as your preferred difficulty.

Top Bottom