• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Heart of Chaos on Ultimate.

rage-quit-table-flip-smiley-emoticon.png

Baliis

Are we talking on Ultimate? Because that's the only real difficulty in games like this.

If so I'm impressed. Long time DDR player, rhythm gamer, and the controls alone make that tough for me. Too many dropped arrows I know I "hit".

Yes. Though I think its easier with buttons now than a stylus. I always seem to miss an arrow here or there because it didn't like the direction I guess,but I don't have that problem with the circle pad.

Stuart444

Just finished playing it for today. Around 806rm. How much more to unlock DLC?

But yeah, too tired, messed up on some bits I shouldn't have messed up on just by closing my eyes from tiredness :/.

Fun game though. I like the daily bonus stuff.

Just finished playing it for today. Around 806rm. How much more to unlock DLC?

But yeah, too tired, messed up on some bits I shouldn't have messed up on just by closing my eyes from tiredness :/.

Fun game though. I like the daily bonus stuff.

You unlock the DLC store at 1000rm.

So almost there!

ohlawd

Most of them (mystic quest, 14) are great, though a few games seem to have pretty lackluster soundtracks (Chrystal chronicles, some of dissidia).

uhh just no

Crystal Chronicles has a better OST than the most of the others. SE fucked up. Should have doubled.... no, tripled CC's setlist.

It's crazy to me how V, IX, and X managed to have a song selection so large when half the songs in their games are forgettable shit.

uhh just no

Crystal Chronicles has a better OST than the most of the others. SE fucked up. Should have doubled.... no, tripled CC's setlist.

It's crazy to me how V, IX, and X managed to have a song selection so large when half the songs in their games are forgettable shit.

Enhhhhh IX and X have quite a good selection.

As much as I like the NES games, though, I feel like they don't really need 10+ songs each. A decent amount of them are too repetitive or are just a loop of the same 10 second section over and over.

I do dig Crystal Chronicles' soundtrack too, though. They also should have put more Tactics songs in here.

Ath

Just seen that DPD have delivered my EU collector's edition! Can't wait to start playing when I get home, perfect way to prepare for Distant Worlds in November.

Atouba

That sucks. Below that, there is only "Note: Pre-order ". Hope there is nothing wrong with my order. I want this game ASAP! :D

I contacted the SE Support and finally received my tracking number. Is in delivery today. From London to Lübeck in just one day - gg DHL!

Just seen that DPD have delivered my EU collector's edition! Can't wait to start playing when I get home, perfect way to prepare for Distant Worlds in November.

I was at the Distant Worlds concert in berlin - just awesome! Hope they will come back to germany soon!

Stuart444

Nice, I hope Distant Worlds come back to Scotland soon. That was an awesome night.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Been playing it for about 3 hours now, and I love it. First impressions are telling me that it looks to be a lot less frustrating trying to unlock characters, though unlocking songs seems to be a different matter.

Versus mode looks to be amazing. Been playing against the AI for practice, and I think I'm ready to add myself to the list. I've only been playing Expert at the moment to get used to how it feels, but hopefully will be moving back up to Ultimate shortly.

Now, do I buy the DLC now, or play all the included songs first?

Stuart444

Been playing it for about 3 hours now, and I love it. First impressions are telling me that it looks to be a lot less frustrating trying to unlock characters, though unlocking songs seems to be a different matter.

Versus mode looks to be amazing. Been playing against the AI for practice, and I think I'm ready to add myself to the list. I've only been playing Expert at the moment to get used to how it feels, but hopefully will be moving back up to Ultimate shortly.

Now, do I buy the DLC now, or play all the included songs first?

Get any FREE DLC since there is a time limit on that (end of this month someone said earlier in the thread)

Yes. Though I think its easier with buttons now than a stylus. I always seem to miss an arrow here or there because it didn't like the direction I guess,but I don't have that problem with the circle pad.
Hats off to you. I struggle big time with Ultimate songs, although it's extremely fun.

I love trying them. Some I can clear and there are a lot I lose at the very end with maybe another healing item would be enough to help me beat it. But the real difficult ones are just insane.

FFIX's Final Battle & Battle 2, and FFVIII Force Your Way kick my butt everytime!

uhh just no

Uh no, I will fight you right here, right now. FFIX has one of the best FF Soundtracks.

Stuart444

Decided to play a little more to unlock the DLC section so I didn't forget. Got both Battle 2 (FFV) and Roses of May (FFIX).

Might purchase some songs for both me and my SO for our train trip next week. 5 hours, we'll probably try Versus Mode in that time, could be fun doing it with one of the DLC songs like Crazy Chocobo.

Awesome, I'll look out for them. (Also, I second Distant Worlds coming back to Scotland.)

See above for the free ones that I listed just there lol. Until Oct 3rd it says.

Jeels

This really is one of those games where you tell yourself you are just going to play one more song..and then an hour passes by.

There's also so much content that it never feels repetitive.

Roubjon

Man, I am loving this game.

High-level players: should I be learning to play with buttons or stylus?

Seems to me it doesn't matter. There doesn't seem to be an advantage to either if you train yourself in one way versus another. So whatever you are comfortable with now just go with that. I personally find stylus play way more fun so I go with that.

XaosWolf

whole whoa whoa, is
Liberi Fatali
still nowhere in sight!?

Also
Vamo allo Flamenco and Eyes on Me

W the F is this S.

Wazzy

Banned
My copy should arrive by Tuesday. So damn excited to start this.
whole whoa whoa, is
Liberi Fatali
still nowhere in sight!?

Also
Vamo allo Flamenco and Eyes on Me

W the F is this S.

Yeah I was disappointed to hear that and The Landing aren't tracks since they would be perfect. I hope they add more DLC with those two.

At least the Ending Theme is in!

Ellix

I'm loving the chance to start fresh in Curtain Call! The one thing I'm most happy about is being able to use the button+pad setup because my 3DS's touch screen is notoriously unreliable. I still can't break the habit of using the stylus on FMS though. I'm also happy they sped up all the Results screens.

When you're doing AI battles in Versus Mode, is there any benefit to ranking up more than 1 at a time, aside from saving time? It seems like you'd just get less CollectaCard rewards by jumping ranks.

Heropon

I like almost all the music selection even if there are some notable absences but I can't stand those Advent Children remixes. I don't know how to express why but I feel like they're out of place compared to the rest.

ohlawd

I'll add you expert peeps when I clear up my FL. If the Ultimates added me too let me know

Dude you crazy. V's soundtrack is excellent and how do you not represent the OG FF? How FFVI is so underrepresented really bothers me, though.

Uh no, I will fight you right here, right now. FFIX has one of the best FF Soundtracks.

effing fight me brehs

No EX Bursts, Lightning only, Ultimate difficulty

Anustart

We interested in a GAF tournament? No clue how it would be set up, but possibly a couple tiers. Ultimate, Expert, Basic. Or every man for himself and just pick one setting and roll with it?

Edit: Also, how in the name of FUCKS TITS, is the magitek research facility music not here? That thing is bitchin.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Just a tip for newbies:

AGI is the most (only) useful stat during FMS stages (green levels). AGI determines how far you will walk, which will give you more items the further you walk.

If you want to get the most out of a FMS stage, load up four party members with high AGI stat. Or if you're a boss, just make sure your lead character on FMS stages is a high AGI character. The character walking during the FMS stage is the character whose Ability stat you use, not the whole party's combined. So if you can get through a FMS without failing or losing the lead character, you just need one in your party to do the "walking" during those FMS stages.

Personally, I load up with Zidane and make sure that all his abilities are "AGI increasing".

The opposite is true on BMS stages (red levels). STR is the most important stat, it basically says how fast you are going to kill enemies. For example, if you have a team of low STR characters it may take ~40 critical hits to kill an enemy on screen. If you have a high level team of STR character, it may only take ~15 critical hits to kill an enemy... And the more enemies you are able to kill, the more item drops you are able to get.

The same is also true, be sure to select any STR-related increasing stabilizes. Focus Lv.3 is basically a OHKO ability once you unlock it on a character around Lv. 80. Having a party with four Focus Lv.3, means you are going to get a lot of loot.

The LUCK stat basically says the likelihood of getting a rare item out of those item drop boxes, instead of potions or whatever.

... Just some random tidbits about character/ability management. Hope that helped!

Top Bottom