• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Teknoman

It's not that bad tho lol I'm not very good at ultimate stuff yet and even I cleared it on ultimate. I'll admit that being really familiar with the song helped a whole lot. Guess all that trying to clear Titan HM/EX has come in handy!

Maybe its the music that makes me get all tense then :p

Swamped

Banned
Play against fellow GAF members in online Versus mode! To do so, just mutually add each other to your 3DS friend list.​

Alright! I added all expert players on the list so far (except for Teknoman, for some reason it wouldn't accept the code...). Do add me back when you have the chance!

Jomjom

Banned
Sorry for the questions but what do the collectacards from the CE do?

Also can I download the free dlc from the eshop if i don't have the game yet?

I almost beat Under the Weight on Ultimate! Died at the way end.

The two hardest for me so far is FFIX, Battle 2 and Final Battle on Ultimate. Holy crap it's hard! Can't even get past the half way mark!

Update 1: No make that I can't get past the quarter mark! The endless waves of directional inputs sandwiched between the other inputs is too much.

Update 2: Played Final Battle 20 times! I give up! :( I finally can get past the first part but that second part is just, wow!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
DLC menus are completely empty.
Is it not up in Europe yet or something?

Also, my only regret is that Rise of the White Raven isn't in there.

I really like this game but Expert feels too easy and Ultimate is too hard. I wish there was another difficulty in between. I also think the multiplayer is a lot of fun but it is a bummer when your opponent gets stuff like judgement and monster buff like 6 times in a row and you get garbage like HP swap over and over again.

Are there "best" characters to use or does it not really matter?

I'm using Ramza and Benjamin and will probably be throwing Auron and Agrias in there once I get them.

Anustart

Jesus. Online matches was 'just one more' for 4 hours. Up to 1200 battle points. You guys will know me by my proficard, I state 'pls respond' on it.

Ventara

Well, I finally got my shipping confirmation for my CE a few hours ago. Took them long enough. I'm in Toronto, Canada, btw.

Tried Force Your Way on Ultimate; about as hard as I remember it. Made it to the end and managed an S rank, though!

Used Warrior of Light (Class Change), Aerith, Cosmos, and
Rinoa
for healing and protection skills.

Does anyone know what influences the difficulty of songs in Quest Medley? I haven't played a lot of them but so far all the BMS has been Basic, and it's dreadfully boring. Some FMS were Expert, but I'm not sure how to tell until you stumble in to them. Are medium quests harder, or do they just take longer?

Stuart444

European CE folks, check your order page.

Someone obviously forgot to update this, my package is 1. with a courier and 2. At my local depot and should be delivered today.

linko9

Played some more online today, got to 100 wins. Then spent a good chunk of time in single player. With all that online play I'd been neglecting the FMS songs; most of my favorite songs in the series are in that category. It's interesting hearing the music from the games I've never played before for the first time. Most of them (mystic quest, 14) are great, though a few games seem to have pretty lackluster soundtracks (Chrystal chronicles, some of dissidia). And I'm not really a fan of all those Advent children tracks. But overall the song selection is great. I remember being bummed in the first game that a few songs were excluded, and for the most part they've all made it into this one. I do wish they'd included all the intro and outro tracks from the first game as playable songs, but oh well.

DLC menus are completely empty.
Is it not up in Europe yet or something?
UK eShop game page has no add-on content information tab. Looks like it is not up yet. It is nearly 9am here so maybe try later.

Also can I download the free dlc from the eshop if i don't have the game yet?
You can view the content name and pricing and content but not buy it, that has to be done in-game, I guess this was a precaution about buying DLC for games you don't own.

Anustart

Was doing a level 87 quest, came upon Battle 2, FFIX. Took a phoenix pinion but I cleared it with a B.

What does agility affect? a character of mine had pitifully low agi, so I boosted it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Fought this guy 11 consecutive times and my stage got picked only 3 times. Absolute fucking bullshit, loser should pick when you rematch.

Typhares

Oh god I can't wait to come home from work this evening! Royal mail better not screw this up!
I'll be adding myself to the versus list too, bring it on :)

Atouba

European CE folks, check your order page.

Someone obviously forgot to update this, my package is 1. with a courier and 2. At my local depot and should be delivered today.

Where do you see this? On the Square Enix Shop Site there is only "Shipping Status: Fully Dispatched.". No further informations...

Stuart444

Where do you see this? On the Square Enix Shop Site there is only "Shipping Status: Fully Dispatched.". No further informations...

Odd, on my side, I have a bit below that which says

Shipping Status: Fully Dispatched.
Parcel Number: ************ (which when clicked on takes me to the tracking website)

ryushe

It's weird, but I'd be even more in love with this game if it had numbers bouncing off of enemies as you hit them like a real rpg.

It wouldn't change much, but it'd be really cool looking.

Atouba

Odd, on my side, I have a bit below that which says

Shipping Status: Fully Dispatched.
Parcel Number: ************ (which when clicked on takes me to the tracking website)

That sucks. Below that, there is only "Note: Pre-order ". Hope there is nothing wrong with my order. I want this game ASAP! :D

Reknoc

Vs mode is really good. Keep getting my ass beat by maxed Japanese players though. Gonna wait for the rest of the uk to get started so I'm on a leveller playing field lol

It's weird, but I'd be even more in love with this game if it had numbers bouncing off of enemies as you hit them like a real rpg.

It wouldn't change much, but it'd be really cool looking.

I would love this as well. I already get way too happy when I send big enemies like behemoths flying after hitting a glowing note. Damage numbers on top of that? Yassss.

Baliis

Really enjoying all the new songs. Versus mode is fun, but can be kinda dumb if the rng goes bad for you. I do wish it was a bit harder though, I've put too many hours into Project Diva now, there's still songs on that I can't even pass , but I can perfect chain a lot of songs in Theatrhythm

Petrie

Banned
Really enjoying all the new songs. Versus mode is fun, but can be kinda dumb if the rng goes bad for you. I do wish it was a bit harder though, I've put too many hours into Project Diva now, there's still songs on that I can't even pass , but I can perfect chain a lot of songs in Theatrhythm

Are we talking on Ultimate? Because that's the only real difficulty in games like this.

If so I'm impressed. Long time DDR player, rhythm gamer, and the controls alone make that tough for me. Too many dropped arrows I know I "hit".

kierwynn

Added my name to the list- I put expert as my preferred, but I think I like ultimate more. I'm just not super comfortable playing vs with ultimate yet since I just started working on it, but if anyone else is an ultimate beginner, I'd be up to doing it for fun!

Top Bottom