• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Javier

3 all the time.
That means your team is really powerful for the Dark Note you're playing, or you're playing too good.

When you play the FMS stage of a Dark Note, there's a signpost that says "Boos 2 & Boss 3" somewhere down the road. If you don't reach that signpost, you forcibly fight Boss #1 in the BMS. To NOT reach the signpost, simply put a character with low agility as team leader. That stat measures a character's speed during the FMS, so a character with high agility will almost always reach the signpost.

If you do reach the signpost, you battle either Boss #2 or #3 in the BMS. The BMS sequence is "Enemy, Enemy, Enemy, Boss, Repeat". If by the time the third enemy shows up your HP is below 75% (or somewhere around that), then you'll fight Boss #2, if it's above that you'll fight Boss #3.

Normally, Boss #3 drops shards most of the time, so if you're farming for shards to unlock characters you would prefer to fight Boss #3.

zroid

Banned
[snip] I'm kind of not feeling the love. I think there are some definite issues that keep Theatrhythm from being all it can be either as a rhythm game or as 25th Anniversary FF fanservice. A slightly disappointing 7/10 for me. [snip]

I agree with everything you said, and I think you'll find that if you read this thread, even those who love the game acknowledge those same problems.

The difference is I think it transcends all of that to some degree. The game's got a lot of heart, and I think the decision to make Final Fantasy's anniversary celebration a rhythm game was the right decision. It's not a perfect game, but it's a damn good one, and it gives you plenty to do. There is a lot to love here.

Phatcorns

Anyone know why this is backordered everywhere? I'm assuming a reprint because I really want it, just didn't have the money when it came out.

MicH

Can I just say that this game is incredible on the 3DS XL. Much easier to see the arrows (especially in feature zones). Love this game!

Still anxiously awaiting word on any planned DLC releases this week for the US. With no schedule to go by and time for any kind of announcement quickly running out, I'm getting a bit antsy. Especially with Europe getting new DLC this week, Square Enix US wouldn't screw us over with no DLC, right? Right?

Not to mention a Theatrhythm Sonic or Megaman.

Both of those would be amazing, but Theatrhythm Mega Man would be sublime.

Javier

Theatrhythm REALLY needs to become a series. The potential is simply amazing.

One more unlocked character!
Cosmos!

Question: by keeping my party permanently unequipped, am I missing out on any cool unlocks? I don't feel like managing my party--I just like the core game itself.

Question: by keeping my party permanently unequipped, am I missing out on any cool unlocks? I don't feel like managing my party--I just like the core game itself.

You'll only miss out on a few trophies (which don't affect any game unlocks), and you'll have a much harder time grinding for crystal shards to unlock characters (since you won't be able to kill as many monsters and bosses in Dark Notes without buffs). Other than that, no, you won't miss out on any unlocks or anything.

Is it me or are the DLC tracks getting progressively more difficult?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdcKiBqmGZQ&feature=BFa&list=ULo4hOqfhM8HU

^that looks completely insane and much much harder than any song on the cartridge. I am in no way complaining by the way. I think it's awesome that they're upping the difficulty over time as more people are getting used to the ultimate courses. Best DLC ever, but god damn it's going to hurt my wallet once I buy a ridiculous amount of songs.

Is there a list online that shows the European DLC schedule for the next few weeks? Or are we just following Japan's?

Is it me or are the DLC tracks getting progressively more difficult?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdcKiBqmGZQ&feature=BFa&list=ULo4hOqfhM8HU

^that looks completely insane and much much harder than any song on the cartridge. I am in no way complaining by the way.

Coming from someone who's gotten SS-SSS ranks on every Ultimate Score in the game, that's just... wow. I didn't think they'd get much harder than FF X's "A Contest of Aeons" (easily the hardest Ultimate Score so far), but apparently I was quite wrong...

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Okay help me out here guys. "Watched all extended versions!" trophy. I have absolutely played every single extended EMS, on every single difficulty. Why do I not have this trophy yet?

..does it really mean "watch" and not "play?" I'm going through the movies in the museum just in case it's something that stupid.

Azuardo

^ You must not have played out all of the extended sequences. I forget the names of things, but you know like when you hit the yellow notes to get a summon in the battle scenes, well near the end of the event scenes the same thing happens, and if you fail a note then you won't get to play the extended sequence. Hope that helps some.

Javier

Just look at the Critical Charts. If one song has nothing on the bars near the end that are separated from the rest of the song then you haven't played that Extended Sequence.

Extended Sequences also don't show if you're going Stoic.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Yep, I had already tried and looked at all that stuff. I have filled critical charts throughout the feature zones on every single EMS in every difficulty. I even went into the few where one of the bars in the zone was empty thinking that maybe a single missing critical bar in the zone could somehow invalidate it, and made sure to fill them all, and still nothing.

As an addendum: I am an idiot, I already have the trophy. :D

I may have just been remembering seeing some extended-version-related text in the trophy list, and it was in actuality the "see 100 of them" trophy. D'oh!

So here's my progress:

-57:10 playtime
-99999 RM
-SS on every series in every difficulty, each set from a pure SS-SS-SS
-SS on every challenge course in every difficulty, including encore, chaos, and the 6 DLC I have
-Perfect chains on every basic and expert song
-41/64 trophies
-All characters unlocked except for [the guy you get for black shards], need 2 more of those

Awwww yeah. Gonna play three more dark notes to get the 50-notes trophy, then grind on one of my black-shard notes till I get that guy, then I am pretty much done! Pretty okay with not getting many/any more trophies, especially when there are stupid ones like "use demo mode 50 times" come on what a waste of my time. And I sure won't ever get the 50/99 proficard trophies, I have 2 tags ever, and only because of the Chicago Wii U Experience.

I am pretty glad about all this DLC, givin me a chunk of stuff to do whenever they put up any interesting ones. It is stupid how much I have played this game, I really did not expect it at all.

Oh hell yes -- I finally went through some of the Dark Notes I got at Comic-Con a couple weeks ago, and one of them has a Magic Pot as both the first and third enemy of Boss #1. I can usually kill around three in one go, netting me around 28,000 EXP per run! Here I come, trophy for maxing out every character. :) Definitely attaching this bad boy to my own ProfiCard to share the love!

I made lots of progress in farming shards to unlock characters, too... I've only got
Princess Sarah, Kain, and Sephiroth
left to get, but their shards are proving really difficult to farm. Oh well, it'll happen eventually...

Is it possible to unlock harder difficulties on the Series mode? I've completed it on the easiest difficulty but it isn't letting me increase it now.

EDIT: I also don't understand this "Dark Note" shit. At all.

Is it possible to unlock harder difficulties on the Series mode? I've completed it on the easiest difficulty but it isn't letting me increase it now.

Yes, but for every series you want to play on a harder difficulty in Series, you must clear its songs in Challenge on that difficulty with a grade of A or better. So, for example, once you clear all three Final Fantasy IX songs on Expert in Challenge mode, FF IX's Expert course will become available in Series.

And what don't you understand about Dark Notes? Be more specific, and maybe I can help.

clemenx

Banned
I wish Dark Notes saved scores, it'd make grinding for crystals a tad better.

Oh well, only Navy, Purple, Rainbow and Golden to go >.< I've only found one golden and it was on a 2nd boss :(

Just think of them as random pairs of songs. They get progressively harder, until they're harder than Ultimates on Challenge Mode specially when
it starts throwing rotating notes at you

So, is there any reason to go Stoic on Dark Notes? I've been playing everything Stoic just to keep final scores as high as possible, but I have no idea if that means anything when playing Dark Notes.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So, is there any reason to go Stoic on Dark Notes? I've been playing everything Stoic just to keep final scores as high as possible, but I have no idea if that means anything when playing Dark Notes.

Not really, since scores aren't really tracked. You should equip skills/items for Dark Note runs. Just set a loadout for each character, and hit Set Default. That way, you can easily remove all equipment for your regular scoring run plays, and then just hit Default when you want to equip again.

BooJoh

Yeah, in Dark Notes you want equips, especially those boss trigger skills. A good setup will allow you to kill 2 or sometimes even more bosses in one run of a Dark Note for more loot.

New DLC is up in North America!

"The Crystal Tower" (Final Fantasy III FMS)
"Movement in Green" (Final Fantasy X FMS)
"Gustaberg" (Final Fantasy XI FMS)
"March of the Dreadnoughts" (Final Fantasy XIII FMS)

Hmm. While I'm over the moon about Movement in Green (one of my favorite songs in FF X, should have been its default FMS in my opinion), I'm kinda underwhelmed by this week's additions otherwise. The Crystal Tower and March of the Dreadnoughts are fine but not great, and Gustaberg is downright dull.

Really, though, I just wish they'd cool it with the FF XI DLC in North America. Even though I've never played the game, I've been able to appreciate much of its music thanks to Theatrhythm. But seriously... almost every week's DLC has had something from XI. I'd like to see some other games get some love... IX has had no DLC yet, after all.

Oh well, no matter. I'm about to go play Movement in Green and be blissfully happy about it. :)

Pangya

Think I'm done with the game for awhile (besides new DLC that I would be interested in):

2012-08-02%252000.51.33.jpg

Only trophy left is 99 profile cards, which I currently only have 60 of. Going to wait until next year to attend some cons to get them!

Almyn

Really, though, I just wish they'd cool it with the FF XI DLC in North America. Even though I've never played the game, I've been able to appreciate much of its music thanks to Theatrhythm. But seriously... almost every week's DLC has had something from XI. I'd like to see some other games get some love... IX has had no DLC yet, after all.

Yes, Send it to Europe instead please, I'll take all of it :)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
New DLC is up in North America!

"The Crystal Tower" (Final Fantasy III FMS)
"Movement in Green" (Final Fantasy X FMS)
"Gustaberg" (Final Fantasy XI FMS)
"March of the Dreadnoughts" (Final Fantasy XIII FMS)

Hmm. While I'm over the moon about Movement in Green (one of my favorite songs in FF X, should have been its default FMS in my opinion), I'm kinda underwhelmed by this week's additions otherwise. The Crystal Tower and March of the Dreadnoughts are fine but not great, and Gustaberg is downright dull.

You have no soul.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
New song schedule for NA:

August 2, 2012
1. “Movement in Green” (FINAL FANTASY X)
2. “March of the Dreadnoughts” (FINAL FANTASY XIII)
3. “Gustaberg” (FINAL FANTASY XI)
4. “The Crystal Tower” (FINAL FANTASY III)

August 9, 2012
1. “Battle Theme” (FINAL FANTASY X)
2. “The Dalmasca Estersand” (FINAL FANTASY XII)
3. “The Darkness of Eternity” (FINAL FANTASY IX)
4. “This is the Last Battle” (FINAL FANTASY III)

August 16, 2012
1. “Challenge” (FINAL FANTASY X)
2. “Desperate Fight” (FINAL FANTASY XII)
3. “Battle 2” (FINAL FANTASY IX)
4. “The Final Battle” (FINAL FANTASY V)

August 23, 2012
1. “Otherworld” (FINAL FANTASY X)
2. “The Royal City of Rabanastre / Town Ward Upper Stratum” (FINAL FANTASY XII)
3. “The Final Battle” (FINAL FANTASY IX)
4. “Battle 1” (FINAL FANTASY V)

August 30, 2012
1. “Final Battle” (FINAL FANTASY X)
2. “Boss Battle” (FINAL FANTASY XII)
3. “Dark City Treno” (FINAL FANTASY IX)
4. “The Decisive Battle” (FINAL FANTASY V)

Bururian

I really, really, really want more FFI songs, but I feel like NA is getting ignored for that.

Sunken Shrine and Matoya's cave is mostly what I want. c'mon NA Square Enix.

Top Bottom