• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is what is actually in chicken nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
What exactly do you think chicken breast is, the skin?
No, a chicken breast is the meat of the animal. Not its muscle or its fat or someting like that. Just like a steak. ITS MEAT. Thats why if u eat meat your a MEAT EATER not a MUCSLE EATER.

This is really disgusting.

Orrichio

No, a chicken breast is the meat of the animal. Not its muscle or its fat or someting like that. Just like a steak. ITS MEAT. Thats why if u eat meat your a MEAT EATER not a MUCSLE EATER.

haha meat is muscle..

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
haha meat is muscle..

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Superflat

Not surprised. Have no qualms with eating them if presented to me though. They're a quick fix if there's no other protein around and they're still perty tasty. I still eat sausages and spam occasionally too.

haha meat is muscle..

It's gotta be sarcasm

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Your trolling, I see it.

I am glad this was investigated by a group that doesn't have an agenda that humans shouldn't eat meat so I can actually trust that half of a mcnugget is gross. So much of the food studies that hit the news these days are by groups that want us to giving voting rights to cows.

Eh, higher than most.

They're not saying what chain does which though, so meh.
a mix of fat, blood vessels and nerves
Chicken without fat would be dry, have a little less taste and be chewy.

And you can't have fat or muscle without nerves or blood vessels. How would you separate them out.

agrajag

Banned
You should be suspicious of anything that is ground up so finely to the point there that is no texture to it. The chicken meat in Subway sandwiches is the same, it's not pure chicken breast, but a processed product. Now things like fried chicken tenders, where you can pull the meat apart and actually see the muscle fibers that you could pull like in cooked chicken breast, that's legit chicken breast.

agrajag

Banned
I'm trying to imagine what nerves taste like, but I just can't. Wouldn't we be eating them anyway in a nice home-made roasted chicken with skin?

agrajag

Banned
That shits too expensive now. Mcdonalds just wants the cheapest of the cheap.

Bird penis, neck muscle, anus

Animal necks have delicious meat. We ran a special at my job once with lamb necks (braised and then the meat is picked off the bone), it was yummy.

Never saw the big deal with this picture. Looks exactly how I'd imagine super heavily processed raw chicken would look. Do people honestly believe chicken nuggets are strips of breast meat or something?

In fact, if you ground up chicken breasts, the result would look similar to this. Raw chicken meat is not white, it's pinkish in hue.

Apath

Animal necks have delicious meat. We ran a special at my job once with lamb necks (braised and then the meat is picked off the bone), it was yummy.

In fact, if you ground up chicken breasts, the result would look similar to this. Raw chicken meat is not white, it's pinkish in hue.
I just meant super finely minced and mixed versus literally whole chicken breast cut up into nuggets, but yes--exactly.

Ogni-XR21

A few years ago McDonalds in Germany acutally changed the recipe for McNuggets after there was a media uproar about all the chemicals that had been added to the nuggets. They changed them to contain much more breast meat and less additives, iirc.

FinKL

They didn't release the names of the fast food chains due to the fact they will indirectly hurt sales, but I'm guessing McDonalds mcnuggets are one of them...Would Wendys/Burger King be the other? Every other nugget seems to be pale vs McDonalds

Macattk15

2 nuggets though? Really? That is the basis of your article?

I mean I'm not surprised ... since when I do eat them they feel like rubbery sponges usually. Wonder if there is any higher priced "organic" brand.

Did you guys know when you buy and cook whole chicken parts from the supermarket they are also covered in skin and fat? Gross imo.
That's where the flavor comes from.

If you want white meat, buy white meat, if you want nuggets, buy nuggets.

Great, everyone is going to act horrified that low quality ingredients are used in low quality food.

Nobody gives three shits about the lack of benefits in "organic" food, but hey, easy anti corporate narratives are fun right

Stet

Banned
That's what mechanically separated chicken is. Why did they need to study this? It's common knowledge. They put a chicken carcass (after the breasts, thighs, wings and legs are removed) through a processor and then strain out all the bone fragments. Add bread crumbs and cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom