• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is what is actually in chicken nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMUSIX

So "researchers" went to two different fast food joints, took a single nugget from each and came up with these results? Anyone else find this a ridiculously laughable study?

Anyone want to guess which chains they went to? The typical reaction is to say McD, but they've been very open about how they've changed their process of creating their nuggets (and no longer use the 'pink slime').

Also, in that Jamie Oliver clip, you'll notice the edit where they had to overdub what he was saying. That's because his original line was false and McD's would have gone after them...we already know that McNuggets are no longer made this way, and haven't been for decades.

Animal necks have delicious meat. We ran a special at my job once with lamb necks (braised and then the meat is picked off the bone), it was yummy.
Animal necks are DELICIOUS. Make a beef broth with the gnarliest neck-meat and you can find and have some wonderful melt-in-your-mouth meat to go with your soup.

I feel like anyone that has an aversion to what's in a chicken nugget wouldn't last three seconds downing traditional asian cooking.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I was expecting this picture:

mechanically-separated-chicken.jpg

Mmmmmm.... Strawberry soft serve!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I am constantly amazed at the inability of people to notice obvious sarcasm. People just want so badly to be able to correct somebody and feel smart that they are blinded to jokes.

shira

This is all I see so this is all that matters:

mcnugget.jpg

iYonEXGBRf0pt.jpg

The machines have already won

Animal necks have delicious meat. We ran a special at my job once with lamb necks (braised and then the meat is picked off the bone), it was yummy.

In fact, if you ground up chicken breasts, the result would look similar to this. Raw chicken meat is not white, it's pinkish in hue.

Have you had chicken neck, there is next to nothing on it, and of course the stigma of eating CNS

Kinyou

Did anyone seriously think chicken nuggets were healthy, or even had high chicken content?
But McDonalds keeps telling us that everything is okay :(

So "researchers" went to two different fast food joints, took a single nugget from each and came up with these results? Anyone else find this a ridiculously laughable study?.
Yeah, that part is super weird. What kind of resources do these guys have when they can only analyse 2 nuggets?

I don't understand why people are so concerned that their crap processed junk food is made with crap parts of animals.

When you can get 20 of the fucking things for FIVE DOLLARS what is the problem? Other than the fact that you shouldn't go to McDonalds and spend $5 on 20 chicken mcnuggets for lunch.

I am constantly amazed at the inability of people to notice obvious sarcasm. People just want so badly to be able to correct somebody and feel smart that they are blinded to jokes.

Or, its very hard to detect sarcasm on the internet and lots of people can't tell if they are joking or not. Also, ironically, you seem to be badly wanting to correct these people's errors too.

maliedoo

I don't see why this is a surprise, most fast food, or processed food include random crap, just worded differently.... I especially love it when it says "and other natural flavors" wtf does that mean?

Nothing is wrong with chicken organ stuff and chicken fat. Some of the best tasting and most nutritious part of an animal are its offal and its fat. Most of the world enjoy all parts of the meat, thank you very much. I do have issues with the added sugar and vegetable oil they add though.

Never saw the big deal with this picture. Looks exactly how I'd imagine super heavily processed raw chicken would look. Do people honestly believe chicken nuggets are strips of breast meat or something?

The ones from Chick-fil-a are. It's not hard to tell which ones are made from solid pieces of chicken and which have been made from ground/processed meat.

I don't really mind the thought of eating processed meat that's breaded and fried (deep-fried sausage sounds pretty damn good), but the resulting nuggets have always ranged from sub par to disgusting imo, with McNuggets being particularly heinous.

I like to alternate between sweet & sour and bbq sauces... sometimes I'll go for a bit of honey to treat myself.

Alright I need some McNuggets now. Thanks a lot OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom