• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is what is actually in chicken nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they're terrible but this

MX1VaJv.jpg

+

rbzjif1.jpg

is good every once and a while.

What an idiotic article and "study".

Someone other than Mike Adams puts Chicken McNuggets “under the microscope.” More hilarity ensues.

Wow! Big surprise! It’s not as though it isn’t common knowledge that chicken nuggets are basically no more than processed “extras” from the chicken; so it’s not surprising that there would be skin, connective tissue, and the like there. Besides, as anyone who likes fried chicken knows, the skin can be the best part, particularly when breaded and fried up. Even in baked chicken the skin can be quite good. It’s also rather silly to be shocked that there were blood vessels found. Regular chicken meat has blood vessels in it and, yes, nerves too. These are structures that are commonly found embedded in or attached to muscle, which is all that meat is, anyway. Finally, it’s not surprising that there is a lot of fat in these “nuggets” as well. Basically, this is about as close to a “Well, duh!” finding as I can think of, and seeing deShazo express amazement at his findings in one of the all-time dumbest research press releases I’ve ever seen made me torn between headdesk or facepalm. He even recorded a video for his press release and expressed disbelief that chicken nuggets might not be as healthy to eat as lean chicken:

Cartman86

Banned
No fucking shit. Please fellow liberals stop with the food and GMO nonsense. It's becoming our version of the global warming denial of the right.

lil smoke

Banned
I LOVE honey on McNuggets, that is the only sauce I can use.

Have you seen the ingredients list on that other shit? How/why they fit so much chemicial into that sauce is more shocking than the fact that ground meat is a very old way to utilize and stretch meat.

IceCold

Meat, nerves, blood vessels, and fat. Sounds pretty normal to me. This is what animals are made of. Did you guys expect chicken nuggets to contain prime chicken meat? Like 100% chicken breasts? It's made from the scraps. Like sausages.

I'm not getting the outrage.

It's not like muscles are the only parts of an animal worth eating.

I would be more turned off by additives and non-animal fillers, which are undoubtedly in many brands of chicken nuggets as well.

pix

Never saw the big deal with this picture. Looks exactly how I'd imagine super heavily processed raw chicken would look. Do people honestly believe chicken nuggets are strips of breast meat or something?

What's funny is you have no idea what you are looking at. I work at a facility that kills chickens, and makes nuggets(I don't work in that area of the facility). I can assure you it looks nothing like that.

Does it taste good?

That's all I need to know.

If the answer is yes then I'm good to go. I don't care if it's rat shit swept up from under the machines, chicken brains or an interns missing limb.

Is it tasty?

I remember my vegetarian friend making me watch a video of a pig being slaughtered and then prep'd for sausages. She thought it would magically turn me off meat, but it didn't. The whole process actually reassured me that what I was eating wasn't that bad.

verdures

What's funny is you have no idea what you are looking at. I work at a facility that kills chickens, and makes nuggets(I don't work in that area of the facility). I can assure you it looks nothing like that.
What does it look like? And is it just a different technique than the pink paste method of making nuggets? Totally curious here.

I remember my vegetarian friend making me watch a video of a pig being slaughtered and then prep'd for sausages. She thought it would magically turn me off meat, but it didn't. The whole process actually reassured me that what I was eating wasn't that bad.
Show her a video of baby field mice being ground up from a combine and say something ominous about the blood on her hands cannot be washed off either.

In several parts of Africa and Asia, taking a bite out of the abdomen of a giant tarantula are good eats. Personal grossness levels may vary, but I'm not about to freak out over just blood vessels or anything that isn't 100% uncut breastmeat.

Vaguely related, here is a Freakonomics podcast episode about how the price of chicken feet skyrocketed after Perdue Chickens discovered a huge demand for them in China.

Alienous

Mmm, yeah, put it down my throat.

So what if it'll kill me? Maybe I value chicken nuggets over life? Ever thought of that?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
This is about as "first-world problems" as it gets!

All these byproducts get eating in developing worlds. I understand its all well-meaning and necessary but its strange that what their falling short of calling poison was probably a typical part someone's normal diet :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom