• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Week's Famitsu Thread of Otomedius 360 and Clannad/Tears to Tiara release dates!

icecream

Public Health Threat
First the scores:

Keikishi Gunzou Presents: Monoshiri Bakumatsu-Ou (DS) 7/7/6/7
Hitman Reborn (DS) 7/6/6/6
Emblem of Gundam (DS) 6/8/7/8

Nippon no Asoko de (PSP) 9/8/7/6

Link's Bowgun Training (Wii) 9/7/7/7
Pro Baseball Family Stadium (Wii) 8/6/6/6

World Destruction (Sega/DS)
-RPG, summer release date
-Scenario is by Masato Kato
-Character designs by Kunihiko Tanaka
-Music by Yasunori Mitsuda

Fate/Tiger Colosseum Upper (PSP)
-2008 release date
-1 to 4 players
-New characters
-New stages
-50% complete

Imabikisou -Solution Compilation- (Wii)
-2008 release date
-Additional scenarios

Soul Calibur 4 (PS3/360)
-Three new characters introduced: Talim, Rock, and Yoshimitsu

Otomedius G (Konami/360)
-No release date
-1 to 3 players

Infinite Undiscovery (360)
-3 new characters introduced: Eduard, Ruka&Roka

Tales of Vesperia (360)
-Bonnie Pink introduced as theme song performer
-Item creation and skill system introduced
-New characters

Upcoming Games:
PS3
-Kane and Lynch (7/10)
-Tears to Tiara (with LE) (7/17)

Wii
-Biohazard Zero (7/10)

-BF:Bad Company (6/26)
-Kane and Lynch (7/10)
-Might & Magic (7/17)
-Clannad (7/17)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm not too keen on otomedius's theme, but i'll have to check it out when i end up buying a japanese 360 to play ketsuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. i guess there will be a shooter console this gen -- though i wish it was the one that's region free

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Still nothing on an IU date?

Bebpo said:
Totally surprised Otomedius is not on the DS.
Yeah, me too, or at least Wii with the DS as an optional controller. Does it not use the touch-screen in any mandatory way?

icecream

Public Health Threat
There are IU and Vesperia articles in this week's issue. Remains to be seen if they say anything new though.

S8 RoXoRz said:
Need more info on her plz ;)
Talim
-15 years old
-144cm tall
-42kg
-Birthday 6/15

Xamdou

icecream said:
There are IU and Vesperia articles in this week's issue. Remains to be seen if they say anything new though.

Talim
-15 years old
-144cm tall
-42kg
-Birthday 6/15

I know those info already thx though, I was just wondering if Namco changed her appearance to something drastic like the other SC5 chars.

I am looking forward to IU and Vesperia also! :D

batbeg

Oh hey, I haven't been following Famitsu the past couple weeks, didn't realize IU was in at the beginning of the month too. Screens look better than the trailer at least.

Hope something fruitful comes of the new scans (even pics, when I find them :-\).

Tenbatsu

Theres a new Square Enix DS Horror Adventure game called Nanashi no Geemu.
-2008 July 3rd release date
-1player
-5040Yen

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
icecream said:
new info on IU yes, shows palom and porom clones and a new character.

all the pics are new, afaik. there's a town screen, a shop screen, some cutscenes screens and a battle shot.

no date.

batbeg

Tenbatsu said:
Theres a new Square Enix DS Horror Adventure game called Geemu no Nanatsu.
-2008 July 3rd release date
-1player
-5040Yen

What's with DS horror games? Anyway, I need to go diving through random websites and find all these scans now.

Edit:

Thank you sender for scans. IU looks really great, but as I've only ever played the Valkyrie Profile series from tri-Ace I'm kind of worried about whether or not it's for me. It just looks so very different, but I'm very interested none the less.

Square Enix seems to be really keen on making original games for the DS. They also seem to be jumping on the ADV game bandwagon, first Sigma Harmonics (ADV RPG) now this (ADV horror).

cool, i hope Otomedius gets released in EU, but i'm afraid we won't be that lucky...

anyway, it's being hard to find the scans for IU and ToV

soul

- next issue will feature DQV.
- IU's official website will be open tomorrow at 12:00 Japan time.
- the new DS horror game by S-E will apparently feature something about seven days untill you die (something like The Ring). Vertical play is enabled.

batbeg

soul said:
- IU's official website will be open tomorrow at 12:00 Japan time.

Nice. I would hope for a new trailer, but it'll probably just be a lame teaser site or worse yet a full site... with nothing on it -.-

soul said:
- the new DS horror game by S-E will apparently feature something about seven days till you die (something like The Ring). Vertical play.

Eh... I like horror games, but seeing the scan for this, I don't know what the fuck I'm looking at, but it ain't pretty. I'm not convinced of the worth of horror games on my pink DS lite.

Hunahan

Banned
Hmmm yeah. Scans aren't showing up at the usual places...pretty curious about IU.

Weird that the Otomedius rumors turned out to be true. 360 really is becoming destination shmup for whatever reason.

Azrael

Odd that the system which is a distant third in Japan is getting all the schmups when the genre has little international appeal.

ethelred

Hunahan said:
Weird that the Otomedius rumors turned out to be true. 360 really is becoming destination shmup for whatever reason.

It's already destination RPG, so it doesn't seem too weird that it's becoming destination shooter as well.

Azrael said:
Odd that the system which is a distant third in Japan is getting all the schmups when the genre has little international appeal.

Dreamcast?

Dascu said:
Strange to see Imabikisou get a Wii version.

Why is that strange? I don't think even the Wii would find a sound novel particularly taxing.

Dascu

ethelred said:
Why is that strange? I don't think even the Wii would find a sound novel particularly taxing.
Well, it's a horror title. And it's moving from PS3 to Wii. It seems like a strange shift to me. I guess Sega wants to see if the Wii version would perform better than the PS3 one.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Dascu said:
And it's moving from PS3 to Wii. It seems like a strange shift to me.
It was the most logical one. Going to 360 isn't going to give it much, if any, of an added sales boost. Only the Wii has the huge userbase to make it possible.

duckroll

icecream said:
It was the most logical one. Going to 360 isn't going to give it much, if any, of an added sales boost. Only the Wii has the huge userbase to make it possible.

Really? So how come shooters that are multiplatform on the Wii and 360 are outsold by the 360 version by 3 times? :lol

icecream

Public Health Threat
We're talking about sound novels that have already had their run on the PS3. At best the 360 sales would parallel the PS3 ones, while the Wii has the numbers needed to potentially sell more.

duckroll

icecream said:
We're talking about sound novels that have already had their run on the PS3. At best the 360 sales would parallel the PS3 ones, while the Wii has the numbers needed to potentially sell more.

Really? I don't see the Wii audience buying any niche titles at all. That's why they're all on the PS3 and Xbox360.

Let's see, if it does what the PS3 version did, that'll be [x] sales. On the Wii at best it'll do is [x]/3. Makes no sense to me!

icecream

Public Health Threat
You're assuming all niche titles sell the same, to the same crowd. Granted, for shooting games SnSIII has shown the 360 version can sell more than the Wii. That doesn't necessarily hold true for everything else.

duckroll

icecream said:
You're assuming all niche titles sell the same, to the same crowd. Granted, for shooting games SnSIII has shown the 360 version can sell more than the Wii. That doesn't necessarily hold true for everything else.

So why's Clannad and Tears to Tiera not on the Wii? :)

icecream

Public Health Threat
Leaf/Aquaplus has been moneyhatted by Sony since the start of this generation and Clannad already has two non-HD ports. Time for it to move up. :p

duckroll

icecream said:
Leaf/Aquaplus has been moneyhatted by Sony since the start of this generation and Clannad already has two non-HD ports. Time for it to move up. :p

I see. Glad to see Sony spending those moneyhats on KILLER TITLES. :p

Hunahan

Banned
Talim and Rock both look great to me.
Not really digging the new Yoshimitsu design, though. Hopefully his P2 costume delivers.

IU looks pretty cool. Especially that eye-monster fight scene. My interest is increasing.

World Destruction could be interesting. Sega + turn-based = yes.

Good stuff.

ethelred said:
It's already destination RPG, so it doesn't seem too weird that it's becoming destination shooter as well.
Yeah, between all the RPGs, Shmups, and Fighters, they've really got the hardcore Japanese genre trifecta in full effect, eh.
Impressive.

Top Bottom