• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

So I made the jump tonight and I am downloading TF2 as I'm posting this. I waited untill CoD came out just to play safe since I chose the wrong game so many times in past pre-christmas release windows.

Gears 4 was a no brainer for me and out of the other 3 shooters I could only choose one. Having kids lowered my gaming time drastically. I miss the days where I could buy them all.

I just want to thank everyone who spent time giving their impressions and debating on different aspects of the game. As a regular gaf lurker you definitely help me in these difficult gaming decisions

Okay..... think i just found a game changer for PS4 bumper jumper

Using OS level function (as recommended), i swapped R1 with O

jump = L1
Slide = R1

OMG, yes!

Please make this a native control scheme at some point Respawn!!!!

Call it "FREE" :D

phant0m

Wow, finally finished the campaign. One of if not the best of the year, imo.

Multi is really good, and I almost feel bad when I camp the banks in bounty hunt with cloak.....

GravyButt

Thanks for the battery heads up. Its appreciated.

I wish attrition and hardpoint games were longer though, especially attrition. Feels like its just getting heated then bam its over.

Anyone else really love the default lmg? Its really all ive been using. Haven't really touched much else though.

Also, how accurate are the in game weapon stats? Or is there a website like bf and cod always has to compare them?

wrongway

Ugh, those failed melee clips a few pages back hurt to watch. Melee in this game is such a dice roll, I feel like need to just unbind my key before I lose my mind. Shit's giving me legit nerdrage at this point. :(

JaMarco

Just tried out the Hemlock, damn everyone was right that thing is OP. They need to nerf that things range, you shouldn't be able to nail people on the other side of the map with 1 or 2 bursts. At least not with the midrange scope. I remember the M16 being pretty good in MW2 with 1 burst kills but it didn't have the range the Hemlock has in this game.

And just tried the threat scope too. It's really great, lights everything up like a Christmas tree. I kinda like the MW2 feeling of this game where everything is OP and awesome.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Hemlock is hardly OP. Yes, it's good at mid / long range. That's the entire point of the gun.

Iorv3th

Just tried out the Hemlock, damn everyone was right that thing is OP. They need to nerf that things range, you shouldn't be able to nail people on the other side of the map with 1 or 2 bursts. At least not with the midrange scope. I remember the M16 being pretty good in MW2 with 1 burst kills but it didn't have the range the Hemlock has in this game.

And just tried the threat scope too. It's really great, lights everything up like a Christmas tree. I kinda like the MW2 feeling of this game where everything is OP and awesome.

It sucks ass at close range though.

E92 M3

This execution is completely worth the 300 merits:

sM784s4.gif

Nothing feels as good as the Alternator:

UJIw6h2.gif

No other shooter can make you feel like such a badass. Titanfall is truly unique in that regard!

Single player was pretty good, i didn´t find it as good as others mostly for the story and the main character, BT was pretty good tough, and once you start nailing the movement it´s pretty amazing and the way they let you play with the mechanics and weapons trough the game was great.
To my surprise i find myself playing a lot of the MP, mostly amped hardpoint and bounty hunter, and due to the more open nature of the maps the FOV is giving me less problems this time, but i would really, really like to at least have the option to get to 100º, so putting an hour or so whenever i can and having a great time

Iscariot

yup, it was the worst part of the beta and it's the worst part here

increasing damage resistance while wallrunning or sliding would almost make it worse cause then people would just spam them

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but you're supposed to be spamming them. The BH-slide is supposed to be your main speed boost when you don't have walls.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but you're supposed to be spamming them. The BH-slide is supposed to be your main speed boost when you don't have walls.

What does BH stand for? And yeah I know you're supposed to be spamming them but if you got DR with it it would make it so people would just jump around dodging bullets all day instead of shooting. idk

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Jump on a rooftop and camp, you're damn near unstoppable if you do that. Not really good that it encourages that.

That's an incredibly easy strategy to punish. I would love if my enemies did that.

Smokey

Knocked out campaign. Great SP and completely unexpected. Respawn did that. Got 77% of trophies, going to go for the Platinum. Have to do another run through campaign on 'Master' difficulty. Haven't even touched MP. The SP trailers were completely corny, but I am legit surprised at what we got.

Iscariot

What does BH stand for? And yeah I know you're supposed to be spamming them but if you got DR with it it would make it so people would just jump around dodging bullets all day instead of shooting. idk

Bunny Hop.

And I am not saying it should have DR, but movement is definitely supposed to be one of your primary survival mechanisms, and is part of why the TTK is how it is.

I'd probably look at reducing the headshot multiplier on automatic weapons personally. I think sometimes the 201 or CAR/Alt can melt people way too fast just with RNG hipfire but that's just my pet peeve.

I destroyed the dropship while all of the enemy team was inside it, and I got a medal I've never seen before called "Fish in a Barrel". Even better, my advocate gift from that game gave me a camo called "Fishsticks". I'm not so sure the advocate gifts are completely random...

Single player was pretty good, i didn´t find it as good as others mostly for the story and the main character, BT was pretty good tough, and once you start nailing the movement it´s pretty amazing and the way they let you play with the mechanics and weapons trough the game was great.
To my surprise i find myself playing a lot of the MP, mostly amped hardpoint and bounty hunter, and due to the more open nature of the maps the FOV is giving me less problems this time, but i would really, really like to at least have the option to get to 100º, so putting an hour or so whenever i can and having a great time

Yea story and characters are so blah. And I hate those freaking bomb balls. Ugh. Def a step in the right direction though. Hope they keep it up for a sequel.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Pilot sentries are the worst fucking thing imaginable. I cannot believe they added something like those in.

Pilot sentries are the worst fucking thing imaginable. I cannot believe they added something like those in.
That and the amped shield annoy the hell out of me, they do not encourage mobility at all and are too hard to counter in most situations.

Bucca

They die in a single melee hit. I just use phase shift and then go kill it

I know, it's just frustrating when there multiples spread out over an area. Don't have phase shift yet so trying to get around them can be a pain on certain map areas.

That and the amped shield annoy the hell out of me, they do not encourage mobility at all and are too hard to counter in most situations.

Right, that's what I was meaning to convey lol.

I equipped nuclear ejection for the first time

got a titan kill each time I used it which allowed me to call in a new titan right after

this game's balance means I'm gonna go back to Overwatch within the month

Bucca

got a titan kill each time I used it which allowed me to call in a new titan right after

What's unbalanced about that?

deoee

LOL this makes it sound like Overwatch is balanced :v)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You know what? If Respawn won't increase pilot health then I hope they add some damage resistance for wallrunning and sliding.

Right now using TF2s excellent movement options is just painting a target on your back, and it leaves you at a disadvantage against stationary pilots, who can aim standing still whereas you have to aim while moving rapidly.

I think what should distinguish the great pilots from the others is map knowledge and positioning. I should be able to chain wallruns towards an enemy who isn't moving as fast as me, take a few hits, and still beat him because that means that I am more mechanically skilled than him - not because I saw him first. Similarly, if someone gets the drop on me and I can start wallrunning to safety, I should be able to flee.

Perhaps that's the Overwatch/Gears of War player in me speaking. All I know is that I despise Call of Duty's combat style.

The speed up you get while doing it is the bonus. Makes you hard to hit.

So should I save my credits for anything? Almost have 200, I guess I could buy some camo with it but honestly those are just kinda nice to unlock over time.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Finished campaign last night. Except for Raven's bullshit, it was a stellar campaign.

Also finally hopped into MP, and outside of one bad game, I really clicked with it. Got most of my kills with the L-Star, but I'm really looking forward to getting some of the other assault rifles unlocked.

Got some good Titan kills with the MGL, too. Surprisingly good anti-titan launcher.

Question: Are advocate gift contents randomized?

E92 M3

Got to jump around ;)

So should I save my credits for anything? Almost have 200, I guess I could buy some camo with it but honestly those are just kinda nice to unlock over time.

Buy your favorite weapons/abilities if you're planning on Regening.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I destroyed the dropship while all of the enemy team was inside it, and I got a medal I've never seen before called "Fish in a Barrel". Even better, my advocate gift from that game gave me a camo called "Fishsticks". I'm not so sure the advocate gifts are completely random...

Oh, nice! Now you just made me realize I won't ever get it. Screenshot of camo? :)

Just finished the campaign that was lit af! It dished out a ridiculous amount of trophies too I felt like I was getting one at least every 15-30 minutes

E92 M3

I am still shocked how Crash Site made into the game. It does not function like a Titanfall map. Just trench warfare for the whole game (attrition).

KodaRuss

I believe I am just fucking cursed with the most god awful teammates in LTS every damn game.

Watching them is infurating I dont understand how they can be as bad as they are.

Top Bottom