• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Impressive. I think I usually score 800. I get killed every time I'm ready to cash in, no matter how diligent I am when approaching.

Watch where your teammates are, be smart at the end of each wave, approach the bank on the other side, not the nearest. Equip gravity star and throw one into the bank every time.

The only times I'd not be topping the scoreboard are against 4-5 stacks, or if the other side is abusing the same strategy as I am.

Izuna

Banned
0QsiTbX.png

44% Bounty Hunt, 37% Attrition

These stats are kinda silly. I wonder what they'll be when I hit G10. (I'm G5 atm)

If I adjust for 30 games I may have quit because of Complex, the MVP% is stupid high...

The fact that in recent memory, I only tend to lose to 4-5 stacks or JIP, I'm beginning to think that the better players are just sticking Pilots vs. Pilots. I wonder if this game is easier or harder on PS4?

--

I've picked Northstar more than any other Titan, but my time with her is 2hs lower than Legion (because I die with her quickly lol).

--

EUR starts playing at 7AM GMT.

Like text book. Seriously I can die 10 times and do jackshit in wave 1, but as long as I get my Titan there is nothing they can do, there is nothing that counters a nuclear eject ronin on a wave of bounties. With gravity star and phase shift no one is going to steal my money.

SwolBro

Banned
Rayme, please copy this whole fucking game for the next Titanfall. You guys already have stim, a katana for ronin, now all you need is teleporting through walls.

10AAvBfVtXVJCg.gif

Izuna

Banned
Please don't JIP in another datacentre again. We won, but that's only because Exoplanet has stupid Bounty Titan Spawns where they can end up in the same place (lol).

Izuna

Banned
Aw, damnit. You quit before I could get a screenshot in (my GameDVR broke :s)

...there is nothing that counters a nuclear eject ronin on a wave of bounties.

Hehe.

myjraot.jpg

Anyway, I don't know why it matchmade against you there (I was supposed to be in London). I didn't get the nuclear ejection on the first titan before it went to 500 ping.

It doesn't make any sense to run spawn further away if your team isn't going to take care of the side closer.

FWIW, I talked to my team (about 3 others were talking) and I basically just told them to take care of spawns I didn't have.

EDIT: :O turns out I was in the wrong datacentre... Why can't I see you in the network?

Aw, damnit. You quit before I could get a screenshot in (my GameDVR broke :s)

Hehe.

myjraot.jpg

Anyway, I don't know why it matchmade against you there (I was supposed to be in London). I didn't get the nuclear ejection on the first titan before it went to 500 ping.

It doesn't make any sense to run spawn further away if your team isn't going to take care of the side closer.

FWIW, I talked to my team (about 3 others were talking) and I basically just told them to take care of spawns I didn't have.

EDIT: :O turns out I was in the wrong datacentre... Why can't I see you in the network?

I personally denied your first nuclear ejection lol.

Izuna

Banned
I personally denied your first nuclear ejection lol.

On my screen, I was doomed for a long time mashing the ejection buttons but all I got was a death by MGL lol. I almost quit until I saw who got the kill.

--

I think Northstar overall is slightly better than Ronin. She has a harder time against enemy Titans, but her Cluster can shoot into every single bank in the game. It's situational, but it's one of the things that makes her really strong in Bounty Hunt. Scorch would be better if he wasn't so damn slow. He technically doesn't need Nuclear because he has Flame Shield.

--

EDIT2: 9:30AM... ;( 10 people playing Bounty Hunt, 321 playing Attrition in London. ;( I think Bounty Hunt is dying.

On my screen, I was doomed for a long time mashing the ejection buttons but all I got was a death by MGL lol. I almost quit until I saw who got the kill.

--

I think Northstar overall is slightly better than Ronin. She has a harder time against enemy Titans, but her Cluster can shoot into every single bank in the game. It's situational, but it's one of the things that makes her really strong in Bounty Hunt. Scorch would be better if he wasn't so damn slow. He technically doesn't need Nuclear because he has Flame Shield.

--

EDIT2: 9:30AM... ;( 10 people playing Bounty Hunt, 321 playing Attrition in London. ;( I think Bounty Hunt is dying.

Bounty Hunt is like 1/3 of the population of Attrition on US datacenters and non-existent on Asian servers. People just don't like it. I play it simply because I don't want my play time to look like 100% attrition and it is usually an easy win for me lol.

Izuna

Banned
Bounty Hunt is like 1/3 of the population of Attrition on US datacenters and non-existent on Asian servers. People just don't like it. I play it simply because I don't want my play time to look like 100% attrition and it is usually an easy win for me lol.

Until JIP is sorted, I don't really like Attrition. There's also far too many maps where certain Titans become useless. I'd rather play R1 Attrition instead.

What a shame.

Vipu

Banned
This game really has the worst case of getting shot behind walls I think I've ever seen.

Its about on same level what bf3 had, it had so much of that so I just quit playing it.
Maybe same will happen with this if they dont do something about it soon.

This is GameSager's montage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4HYl7O5ptQ (warning, it's just like watching any other GameSager video)

Is it really like this on consoles? Enemies being just grunts with names on top of them.
No wonder some people have so high scores on console side if thats what most enemies are there like.

There were 0 people playing Bounty Hunt on the Oregon 1 server at ~12AM, but ~600 people in Attrition. It's a shame, because it is a cool mode that I enjoy playing occasionally.

I really hope Titanfall 2 isn't already going down the route of R1 and having Attrition be the only mode with a decent amount of players.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Is it really like this on consoles? Enemies being just grunts with names on top of them.
No wonder some people have so high scores on console side if thats what most enemies are there like.

Wait, that person isn't on PC?? Having a hard time comprehending what I'm seeing as it is...

HelloMeow

Its about on same level what bf3 had, it had so much of that so I just quit playing it.
Maybe same will happen with this if they dont do something about it soon.

BF3's issues are mostly caused by people with high latency and bad servers. These issues are avoidable and the game actually isn't nearly as frustrating as other shooters. At least to me. I still play it.

Izuna

Banned
There were 0 people playing Bounty Hunt on the Oregon 1 server at ~12AM, but ~600 people in Attrition. It's a shame, because it is a cool mode that I enjoy playing occasionally.

I really hope Titanfall 2 isn't already going down the route of R1 and having Attrition be the only mode with a decent amount of players.

It's a shame because R2 Attrition isn't as good.

Lol, my team had 5 tones in it...

edit:

TONE REPRESENT

side note: am I the only one who can't differenciate a Tone or an Ion until they pop a shield or something?

SwolBro

Banned

Ok, you gotta understand something about gamesager. He's a really good player that plays with a party of his friends or followers that all tend to be ok to really good. it creates a huge gaping hole where he's able to move freely about the maps because his teammates are also moving wildly across the maps. It's easy to pick out 1 mobile guy amongst a bunch boots on the ground players, it's another situation when there's 5,6,7 guys all parkouring the map at high speeds all at once.

So, you see these poor saps either in there solo or in a party encountering dudes parkouring like mad men. Chances are they've never seen it before and they're completely overwhelmed. That's why you see a lot of them standing there trying to make out what guy to shoot. Yeah?

Izuna

Banned
Is it possible to win in Attrition if you get over than 160+?

I especially like how the strategy to beat Tone is the same for every class, including Tone.

8sTBmJb.gif

For some reason, Double XP Weekend is still on.

Vipu

Banned
Ok, you gotta understand something about gamesager. He's a really good player that plays with a party of his friends or followers that all tend to be ok to really good. it creates a huge gaping hole where he's able to move freely about the maps because his teammates are also moving wildly across the maps. It's easy to pick out 1 mobile guy amongst a bunch boots on the ground players, it's another situation when there's 5,6,7 guys all parkouring the map at high speeds all at once.

So, you see these poor saps either in there solo or in a party encountering dudes parkouring like mad men. Chances are they've never seen it before and they're completely overwhelmed. That's why you see a lot of them standing there trying to make out what guy to shoot. Yeah?

No that doesnt make any sense, why would enemy be standing still and try to shoot like in some BF/CoD if enemy was being a bit better?
And they also had terrible aim, in first clip there was many enemies and they did nothing to him.

I have not seen EVER in any of my games yet that terrible enemies so he must be playing in some region where they just happen to be that bad or its console, isnt he playing on xbox? Thats what I heard last time in his stream.

That just cant be pc, unless he is playing on some other planet.

SwolBro

Banned
No that doesnt make any sense, why would enemy be standing still and try to shoot like in some BF/CoD if enemy was being a bit better?
And they also had terrible aim, in first clip there was many enemies and they did nothing to him.

I have not seen EVER in any of my games yet that terrible enemies so he must be playing in some region where they just happen to be that bad or its console, isnt he playing on xbox? Thats what I heard last time in his stream.

That just cant be pc, unless he is playing on some other planet.
that was xbox . Your average console player is a lot worse than your average PC player.

But what I told you still holds. I doubt it would look vastly different if his party went and played random pubs on PC

Izuna

Banned
I've just played a match with the Sentry. I had no idea it gives you Titan Build... If there's anything they should adjust, it's that (and also it's health, why does it take 3 Titan punches to kill from the front?)

Vipu

Banned
that was xbox . Your average console player is a lot worse than your average PC player.

But what I told you still holds. I doubt it would look vastly different if his party went and played random pubs on PC

It would be different like night and day on pc, avg player on pc is much better than anything in that vid.

Izuna

Banned
It would be different like night and day on pc, avg player on pc is much better than anything in that vid.

I don't really find this to be true. There just seems to be more premades on PC, but there are also far worse players on it.

SwolBro

Banned
You do realize when he goes on PC he does way better than your average PC player . It doesn't look all that different when he steams on PC.

You're really downplaying what people look like when facing a party of decent players .... they turtle and get overwhelmed .

Zemm

Wait, that person isn't on PC?? Having a hard time comprehending what I'm seeing as it is...

I think the reason he does so well is because he moves around like someone playing on PC which most consoles players just can't handle because of the thumb sticks.

I've seen him rage quit the PC version when he hasn't been dominating. He's still good, just not ridiculous like he is on console.

SwolBro

Banned
Someone help me out please. I PM'd Rayme but maybe I don't know what I'm doing...

Custom control sliders don't show from the sensitivity you have it at (that gets greyed out when you turn advance look controls on)

How are you supposed to make small adjustments not going completely from scratch that could take someone compulsive like me hours and hours to get right?

I'm looking to maybe adjust two or three things a tiny bit .

GregHorrorShow

Neo Member
I searched for this but couldn't see anything elsewhere or in this thread - has anybody had any issues after defeating
Kane
?

I beat him, the trophy popped and then I died (initially thought it was part of the story). It reloads and I have to fight him again. After another couple of attempts I beat him again, it moves on to the scene
where you take his helmet
and then the game blue screen crashes with an error message.

When I restarted the game I was back at the start of the boss battle... losing the will to live.

Just wondered if this is a known thing? I'm on PS4.

KodaRuss

Someone help me out please. I PM'd Rayme but maybe I don't know what I'm doing...

Custom control sliders don't show from the sensitivity you have it at (that gets greyed out when you turn advance look controls on)

How are you supposed to make small adjustments not going completely from scratch that could take someone compulsive like me hours and hours to get right?

He said you terrify him and then you PM him. So cruel...

Izuna

Banned

I don't think there's a way, they'd have to add that in. Not the biggest deal to go in and test it out, though. Ever since I've changed my settings and removed the acceleration stuff, it's been fantastic.

Going 183 Attrition Points and no Deaths. I'm beginning to think that Pilot Sentries are broken af.

I think they shouldn't give Titan Build, have less health OR give Pilots some Build for destroying them and maybe an Attrition Point (like they did in R1).

My KD went to 1.7. I think I can get it to 2.0 long before I am Gen 10.

Greddleok

I think the reason he does so well is because he moves around like someone playing on PC which most consoles players just can't handle because of the thumb sticks.

I've seen him rage quit the PC version when he hasn't been dominating. He's still good, just not ridiculous like he is on console.

How does he manage that? M&K on console?

Izuna

Banned

I wonder what will happen when I actually get good at this game?

Man, it's taking forever to reach G6. How the hell did you guys get to Gen 10 ages ago? It's still Double XP for me as well.

I've noticed something interesting with the scores. The Titan count is almost always within 1 or 2 (which is 20 points). It seems that Pilot kills is responsible for games to not be close. Minion kills is usually about 20 higher for winning teams (which I image is mostly from Reapers).

It's very different from R1 where the better teams would get almost twice the Titan kills.

KodaRuss

lol

YuxP3k6.png

I'm so bad at LTS, need to pick better loadouts.

Dear Rayme please give us custom titan loadouts :(

Double Arc Blade on Ronin. That is the way to go imo.

Tones... Tones everywhere.

I can do pretty well with Northstar on Crash Site but you make one mistake with her and you are fucked.

E92 M3

I've gotten background music to work again, had to reinstall the (Groove) app.

--

I personally only use Scorch on Complex (Attrition).

Also guys, I'm still looking for a couple more people to share their BH clips. I only have content from 3 people and I'd like as much as possible.

Bounty Hunt is no fun for me :(

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Double Arc Blade on Ronin. That is the way to go imo.

Tones... Tones everywhere.

I can do pretty well with Northstar on Crash Site but you make one mistake with her and you are fucked.

Yeah that makes sense, arc wave drops Tone's particle wall immediately. I was using the ricochet rounds because I'm so use to playing bounty hunt, forgot to change it.

Jito

Banned
So FF XV gets to stay in gaming with OT2 whilst we're relegated to community before OT1 is even over. This is some high level conspiracy shit, we've been sabotaged.

Edit: Even NMS is still living it large in gaming and no one is even playing that game?!

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Sorry Northstar but Ronin is my go to Titan now. Thanks to whoever mentioned Phase Dashing behind Legion once he puts his shield up :D

That shit works against Tone's particle wall too, phase dash behind her and you can use the particle wall in your favor. I got a couple of sweet executions yesterday but forgot to record them. Also the sweet, sweet irony of a Tone trying to shoot at you through her own particle wall is delicious.

Izuna

Banned
That shit works against Tone's particle wall too, phase dash behind her and you can use the particle wall in your favor. I got a couple of sweet executions yesterday but forgot to record them. Also the sweet, sweet irony of a Tone trying to shoot at you through her own particle wall is delicious.

I think I know what's going on here. As Tone, I don't even lose to Ion anymore.

I think TitanGAF is good enough at the game that we're not having any issues even in bad matchups. Whenever a Ronin comes at my Tone (I usually get at least 2 hits in first), I'll pop a smoke and step back.

Since I've noticed that the winning team usually gets it due to Reaper and Pilot kills, it makes Tone and Ronin pretty much the best for Attrition.

Top Bottom